Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing (20046 Views)

Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 27, 2019
jconsulting:
Who was there when Jesus was around to know what he wore, stop disturbing yourselves

You did not have to be "there" or alive during those times to know what the fashion vogue was like in Palestine and around the ancient world during the time often given as when Jesus lived. All you have to do is READ! Research.

Several documents and articles have been written on fashion around the 1st century AD. It's left for you to research on that. The problem is we are mentally lazy as a people and that is why mischievous souls like the OP can come and attempt to feed some of us bullcrap.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by ATTemi: 10:02am On Oct 27, 2019
Stop acting vice Jesus!
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Sylvaxxl1(m): 10:02am On Oct 27, 2019
This goes to show that the OP lacks in-depth understand of the English let alone the Bible. I ain’t gonna sit here and argue with you but you need to do a research and know the kind of dresses they wore in those days, it’s there in Mr google. Do you even know that one of the cultures of a Nazareth is to have long hair?
You really need to be school. And for those of you who condemn so kind of dressing just remember that culture differs.
One more thing, if you don’t know the meaning of culture, GOOGLE IT
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by omoyemoses(f): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Fashion today is beginning to be designed in such a way that men can now wear what women wear. These days, men wear dress which is pertaining to females. They call it fashion, whereas it is an abomination to God. People who wear such are hated by God.

Deuteronomy 22:5 (KJV)
5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

The sad part is that when men who wear Women's dress are criticized today, they are quick to claim the Bible supports the lifestyle. The worst part is that they claim Jesus also dressed in similar manner i.e he wore robe. This is a big fat like because Jesus never wore robe, a fashion similar to women's dress.

Why would Jesus wear robe when he specifically spoke against it in the Bible. He gave a doctrine against wearing robes as seen below.

[b]Mark 12:38
And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

In case you are wondering what long clothing is, it means long robe as seen below.[color=#990000][/color]

Luke 20:46
Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;[/b]

But you say, "what about all those pictures depicting Jesus wearing robes?". Those were painted by people who never existed during his time and culture. Those are paintings by Michael Angelo and other sodomites who even made Jesus wear long hair.

1 Corinthians 11:14
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Jesus never had long hair because he's the express image of God while men are the image of God. Wouldn't it be ridiculous if we as the image of God are not allowed to wear long hair, but Jesus whom we are in his image wears long hair?

Jesus never wore robe because that would make him a hypocrite. He spoke against long robes and told people to beware of those who do such thing. Won't it be absurd to now see him wear long robe? Wouldn't that mean he's saying people should beware of him too? It would also mean he's an hypocrite who preaches against something but does it anyway. I'm glad we know he was sinless, therefore he couldn't have gone against his word.

So, what did Jesus and the culture back then wear? I don't know because I didn't exist back then. But what I do know is that he never wore robe nor any dress-looking garment. But trousers existed long before he came to earth. The book of Daniel spoke of men wearing trousers otherwise known as Hosen.

Daniel 3:21(KJV)
21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

Some people can be quick to quote Mathew 9:22 to prove that Jesus wore a robe or cloak, but that's a lie inspired by false Bible translations.

New International Version
She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed."

New Living Translation
for she thought, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.”

The NIV and the NLT both state that Jesus wore a robe or cloak, but it's a lie. That's why I wrote a thread exposing false Bible translations and advised people to stick to the King James Version only.

Look at how they rendered Jesus to be a hypocrite. They called Jesus a man who goes against his own words by putting on robe which he gave a doctrine against. Read link below to see more of the likes of these modern Bible translations which are really designed by Satan himself to confuse believers.

READ: https://www.nairaland.com/4957299/bible-sword-butter-knife-why

Now, see how the King James Version rightly puts the verse.

Mathew 9:21 KJV
For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

The only time Jesus wore a robe was when they placed a purple robe on him and a crown of thorns. They did it to mock him. It wasn't something he decided to wear on his own. Or will you say he also decided to wear a crown of thorns?

John 19:5 KJV
Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!

So, guys don't be sucked into modern fashion that sees men wearing women's clothing e.g dress, Jalabya, makeup, earrings ankle chains etc. Doing such makes you an abomination before God.

This doesn't mean that he's against wearing robes. The subject and/or object of that verse are the Scribes themselves and not the robe wearing
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by jaxxy(m): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Despite the verses in the OP, you still make this claim which you can't back up?

Jesus wore a robe probably not a long one like the scribes who did it to appear holier than thou and not because it was bad.

To understand what hosen meant in Daniels time u wud need to study Babylonian historyand culture and not assume it was a trouser, it cud have been a skirt.

On hair issue, Samson has long hair because his hair was his strength and he never shaved it since birth. Jesus I believe had averagely long hair as a Nazarene.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Qadaffi2idiamin: 10:07am On Oct 27, 2019
doctorkush:
you people are just confusing us.

another person will come up tomorrow to say Jesus goes around in baggy and crop top.

shee e gbadun bayii...
Baba me sef tire for the matter. Eveeyday, them dey fine wetin Jesus do or no do!
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 27, 2019
midnighter:
Shouldnt you be saying "Jesus never wore a gown" Of course Jesus must have worn a robe now, that was the attire as of that time

By the way Al-Baghdadi was blown to smithereens early this morning, maybe you should choose another moniker

LOL... of course you are right with the first paragraph. Tunics and garments were most likely the vogue in those days.

But as for the second paragraph, it hasn't been confirmed if the real Al Baghdadi is really dead or not. Things aren't clear enough for now.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Emary(f): 10:08am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Fashion today is beginning to be designed in such a way that men can now wear what women wear. These days, men wear dress which is pertaining to females. They call it fashion, whereas it is an abomination to God. People who wear such are hated by God.

5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

The sad part is that when men who wear Women's dress are criticized today, they are quick to claim the Bible supports the lifestyle. The worst part is that they claim Jesus also dressed in similar manner i.e he wore robe. This is a big fat like because Jesus never wore robe, a fashion similar to women's dress.

Why would Jesus wear robe when he specifically spoke against it in the Bible. He gave a doctrine against wearing robes as seen below.

Mark 12:38
And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

In case you are wondering what long clothing is, it means long robe as seen below.

Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

But you say, "what about all those pictures depicting Jesus wearing robes?". Those were painted by people who never existed during his time and culture. Those are paintings by Michael Angelo and other sodomites who even made Jesus wear long hair.

14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Jesus never had long hair because he's the express image of God while men are the image of God. Wouldn't it be ridiculous if we as the image of God are not allowed to wear long hair, but Jesus whom we are in his image wears long hair?

Jesus never wore robe because that would make him a hypocrite. He spoke against long robes and told people to beware of those who do such thing. Won't it be absurd to now see him wear long robe? Wouldn't that mean he's saying people should beware of him too? It would also mean he's an hypocrite who preaches against something but does it anyway. I'm glad we know he was sinless, therefore he couldn't have gone against his word.

So, what did Jesus and the culture back then wear? I don't know because I didn't exist back then. But what I do know is that he never wore robe nor any dress-looking garment. But trousers existed long before he came to earth. The book of Daniel spoke of men wearing trousers otherwise known as Hosen.

21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

Some people can be quick to quote Mathew 9:22 to prove that Jesus wore a robe or cloak, but that's a lie inspired by false Bible translations.

New Living Translation

The NIV and the NLT both state that Jesus wore a robe or cloak, but it's a lie. That's why I wrote a thread exposing false Bible translations and advised people to stick to the King James Version only.

Look at how they rendered Jesus to be a hypocrite. They called Jesus a man who goes against his own words by putting on robe which he gave a doctrine against. Read link below to see more of the likes of these modern Bible translations which are really designed by Satan himself to confuse believers.

The only time Jesus wore a robe was when they placed a purple robe on him and a crown of thorns. They did it to mock him. It wasn't something he decided to wear on his own. Or will you say he also decided to wear a crown of thorns?

Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!

So, guys don't be sucked into modern fashion that sees men wearing women's clothing e.g dress, Jalabya, makeup, earrings ankle chains etc. Doing such makes you an abomination before God.

This BBC article shows detailed research on the topic, not just personal opinion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/magazine-35120965
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 27, 2019
Sylvaxxl1:
This goes to show that the OP lacks in-depth understand of the English let alone the Bible. I ain’t gonna sit here and argue with you but you need to do a research and know the kind of dresses they wore in those days, it’s there in Mr google. Do you even know that one of the cultures of a Nazareth is to have long hair?
You really need to be school. And for those of you who condemn so kind of dressing just remember that culture differs.

Respect ***** 5 stars.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by hollowpot15684(m): 10:10am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

In case you are wondering what long clothing is, it means long robe as seen below.

Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

New Living Translation

I don't know why, but i just dislike correctional preachings. I prefer principle based messages.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by midnighter(f): 10:12am On Oct 27, 2019
mansakhalifa:
LOL... of course you are right with the first paragraph. Tunics and garments were most likely the vogue in those days.

But as for the second paragraph, it hasn't been confirmed if the real Al Baghdadi is really dead or not. Things aren't clear enough for now.

Well, they said his compound was raided and he detonated a suicide vest. Lets just hope that its true.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 10:14am On Oct 27, 2019
jaxxy:

Jesus wore a robe probably not a long one like the scribes who did it to appear holier than thou and not because it was bad.

To understand what hosen meant in Daniels time u wud need to study Babylonian historyand culture and not assume it was a trouser, it cud have been a skirt.

On hair issue, Samson has long hair because his hair was his strength and he never shaved it since birth. Jesus I believe had averagely long hair as a Nazarene.

Hosen means trousers.

Jesus never had long hair. Samson had long hair because he was a Nazarene and it was part of their vows to keep long hair.

Jesus was never a Nazarene. Don't mistake Nazareth for Nazarene. Jesus was from Nazareth, that's why he's called Jesus of Nazareth.

Jesus couldn't have been a Nazarene because he did things that are against the vows of a Nazarene. Examples are drinking wine, coming near dead body etc.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Bhorbymills1990: 10:14am On Oct 27, 2019
Jesus wore Garment and not Robe and do you know there is a slight difference between Garments and Robes ..The difference between Garment and Robe is that Garment is a single item of clothing while Robe is a long loose outer garment, often signifying honorary stature. .... Hope this helps grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 27, 2019
midnighter:

Well, they said his compound was raided and he detonated a suicide vest. Lets just hope that its true.

Not fair, likening that OP to a very notorious religious fundamentalist. Hahaha
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Okoroawusa: 10:15am On Oct 27, 2019
I have one question for you all

Who the heck is Jesus?... because from what am seeing here with all your arguments it seems the statement "God is not an author of confusion" is certainly not true...
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 10:16am On Oct 27, 2019
omoyemoses:

This doesn't mean that he's against wearing robes. The subject and/or object of that verse are the Scribes themselves and not the robe wearing

The scribes were teachers who wore long robes. He said we should beware of them. Jesus said we should beware of teachers who wear long robe.

Jesus was a teacher himself. According to you, we are to beware of him because you insinuate he wore long robe too.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Psoul(m): 10:18am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

New Living Translation

My dear thanks for your post. Permit me to make some arguments.
So many acclaimed children of God has for long clutch to this topic, blowing it out of proportion. Making it seem as a sin so dangerous and as a head over every other sin.

Can we go back to the Biblical age when this commandment was made to the children of God.
During this period, the common dress of the Jews are gown-like kind of attire.
Our Lord Jesus, according to history and diagrams. also wore this same gown-like robe.
You are bn economical with the truth if u say that Christ never wore robe.

Back to what I was saying, there was not very elaborate distinction between the robes worn those days.
There was nothing like trousers and skirts. No shirt or blouse.
Then why this commandment?

During those period, the children of men were always going into one war or the other. Also, the men going for war are mostly commanded to avoid contact with women. This contact will "defile" them and make them to lose the war.
If a woman gets in contact(or wears) with the garment of any men that was supposed to go to war, and the man wears it again, he is already "defiled" and may eventually die in that war.
For this, God gave a commandment that men shall not wear women's garment nor women doing same cos this will bring destruction to the children of God.

If actually God want this distinction in dressing, I beliv He would've designed trousers and shirt for Adam and Gown for Even when He sent them out of Eden.

Now coming down to our generation. Every tribe has their local mode of dressing which most of us have dropped and embraced the Western mode of dressing. In their mode of dressing from time, they have a female type of trouser and a female kind of shirt. Now, our over zealous Christian brethren kept condemning those Western women when they wear what their tradition recommended as a female dress. They see the white women wearing female trousers and still go ahead to tell them they will go to hell fire.

Some of those that condemn women wearing trousers, will still go to bed with a night wear that has trousers to avoid mosquito bite. Some will go to farm with shirt and trouser (Tying wrapper over it) to avoid body scratch in the farm.
My dear if u beliv that God hates women wearing trousers, there should not be any condition that u think will make it right to wear it. Sin is sin and no condition makes it right.

I read the above quote from u and was just laughing.
Pls, if you don't know the Bible or have a good spirit to interpret it, pls stay out from doing so.

So to you, what you quoted is supporting what Deuteronomy says about men wearing women's dress and the other way round?
My dear, u lack simple analysis of literal statement.
When Christ said that they should beware of the Scribes that wear long robe. He was not talking about their dress nor condemning the style of their dress. He was talking about their hypocrisy. They wear beautiful and well designed clothe while they are full of evil.

If one says, forget about all these politicians driving around with expensive cars and with thousands of escorts, can u tell me that the person is condemning the expensive cars and the escorts or condemning the character of the Politician that is using the car and the escort?

Finally, I will bluntly not like men who will go out of their way to make themselves look like women by wearing purely women clothe, piercing of nose, ear and all that. The same to the women.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 10:18am On Oct 27, 2019
hollowpot15684:

I don't know why, but i just dislike correctional preachings. I prefer principle based messages.

Your stubborn nature is why you hate correction.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by AngeloPrice: 10:19am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

New Living Translation

What a load of crap. Stop writing rubbish Mr terrorist
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by thundafire: 10:20am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Despite the verses in the OP, you still make this claim which you can't back up?
in those days trousers wasn't popular ok,even soldiers wore skirt like armour cloth to waror on duty,he doesn't need to back it up,it's a well known fact
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 27, 2019
This biblical fruit-juice wine proponent is here again.... cheesy
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by EXOUSIAng: 10:23am On Oct 27, 2019
makinson2865:
RHEMA. So deep

I doubt if you know what Rhema means, or the meaning of the word "Rhema" changed and I wasn't told?
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by midnighter(f): 10:25am On Oct 27, 2019
mansakhalifa:
Not fair, likening that OP to a very notorious religious fundamentalist. Hahaha

Lol well he likened himself with him by choosing such an unfortunate monicker cheesy

Unless he's just trying to say that he is "from Baghdad", which is what it means
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2019
Psoul:

My dear thanks for your post. Permit me to make some arguments.
So many acclaimed children of God has for long clutch to this topic, blowing it out of proportion. Making it seem as a sin so dangerous and as a head over every other sin.

Can we go back to the Biblical age when this commandment was made to the children of God.
During this period, the common dress of the Jews are gown-like kind of attire.
Our Lord Jesus, according to history and diagrams. also wore this same gown-like robe.
You are bn economical with the truth if u say that Christ never wore robe.

Back to what I was saying, there was not very elaborate distinction between the robes worn those days.
There was nothing like trousers and skirts. No shirt or blouse.
Then why this commandment?

During those period, the children of men were always going into one war or the other. Also, the men going for war are mostly commanded to avoid contact with women. This contact will "defile" them and make them to lose the war.
If a woman gets in contact(or wears) with the garment of any men that was supposed to go to war, and the man wears it again, he is already "defiled" and may eventually die in that war.
For this, God gave a commandment that men shall not wear women's garment nor women doing same cos this will bring destruction to the children of God.

If actually God want this distinction in dressing, I beliv He would've designed trousers and shirt for Adam and Gown for Even when He sent them out of Eden.

Now coming down to our generation. Every tribe has their local mode of dressing which most of us have dropped and embraced the Western mode of dressing. In their mode of dressing from time, they have a female type of trouser and a female kind of shirt. Now, our over zealous Christian brethren kept condemning those Western women when they wear what their tradition recommended as a female dress. They see the white women wearing female trousers and still go ahead to tell them they will go to hell fire.

Some of those that condemn women wearing trousers, will still go to bed with a night wear that has trousers to avoid mosquito bite. Some will go to farm with shirt and trouser (Tying wrapper over it) to avoid body scratch in the farm.
My dear if u beliv that God hates women wearing trousers, there should not be any condition that u think will make it right to wear it. Sin is sin and no condition makes it right.

I read the above quote from u and was just laughing.
Pls, if you don't know the Bible or have a good spirit to interpret it, pls stay out from doing so.

So to you, what you quoted is supporting what Deuteronomy says about men wearing women's dress and the other way round?
My dear, u lack simple analysis of literal statement.
When Christ said that they should beware of the Scribes that wear long robe. He was not talking about their dress nor condemning the style of their dress. He was talking about their hypocrisy. They wear beautiful and well designed clothe while they are full of evil.

If one says, forget about all these politicians driving around with expensive cars and with thousands of escorts, can u tell me that the person is condemning the expensive cars and the escorts or condemning the character of the Politician that is using the car and the escort?

Finally, I will bluntly not like men who will go out of their way to make themselves look like women by wearing purely women clothe, piercing of nose, ear and all that. The same to the women.

How are you to know a scribe full of evil? Is it not by the long robe? If Jesus shows up wearing long robe, he would be a hypocrite condemning others for doing same. You think Jesus didn't know what he was talking about when he specifically mentioned long robes? If he was just talking about their evil, he won't have had any need to include their dress code. But he knows their dress also plays a role in part of why they are evil.

You see politicians with security and pastor with security. How do you know which isn't evil? The security shows they are evil. That's why the Bible never mentioned Jesus putting on robe by himself, because he had to be different from the scribes.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by IkUKU01(m): 10:25am On Oct 27, 2019
@Op what did you understand by JESUS garment was seamlessstop insulting the body of Christ by posting anyhow topic..
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 10:26am On Oct 27, 2019
thundafire:
in those days trousers wasn't popular ok,even soldiers wore skirt like armour cloth to waror on duty,he doesn't need to back it up,it's a well known fact

can a man fight or run conveniently on skirt?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Tembebe: 10:28am On Oct 27, 2019
Hahaha grin grin grin
I laugh in Zulu.
Only on Nairaland will you see people who pretend to '"Love" Jesus by defending Him and the scriptures on Sundays,but hate their fellow humans the rest of the week by insulting and attacking each other,either because they don't like the other person's tribe
Or because they feel they are superior(whatever that means)
I'm sure Jesus Himself will be shaking His head up their, at the sheer hypocrisy of it all.Phew!!!
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by MuttleyLaff: 10:31am On Oct 27, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"... guys, you dont seem to know nwanne, my customer mi, daada ni, nwanne alBHAGDADI.

Let me introduce you to who alBHAGDADI is and what he stands for. He is a certified and bonafide pharisaical, intolerant, bigoted, narrow-minded, small-minded tithe merchant who validates, spreads and promotes obligatory or imposed ecclesiastical monitised tithing and by cherry picking, would with great effort or energy, say and do anything or something to have legal right or a just claim to receive or have something to do with the sense of entitlement to obligatory or imposed ecclesiastical monitised tithing. All this, his posts upandan the forum, about old testament laws being valid etcetera, is a ruse, a ruse for tithing, an exercise in smoke and mirrors for me.

He is my very good customer. We have regular transactions together. The most recent one, I have asked him many times over, to please and kindly in a way that a two year old can understand, that's if at all if he really does know, to soon explain to us, the reason behind why, in the Bible, God said cross dressing is an abomination to Him and that women should abstain from wearing what belongs to men, likewise men what belongs to women, but this request seems to be hard and difficult for him to deliver and give answers to
"
- Re: Daddy Freeze Hails Pastor Abel Damina For Saying Women Can Wear Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 3:41pm On Apr 09

When in relation to obligatory or imposed ecclesiastial monitised tithing, this my dear nwanne man is beyond hope/redemption and just so incorrigible. You can see from the above inverted commas quote, how much of a fundamentalist alBHAGDADI is, if it isnt about women wearing what belongs to men or vice versa, it is going to be a non existent law against homosexuality. The truth and fact is that tithing, it isnt a matter of fading away, but it is dead, nailed away on the cross, but somebody like alBHAGDADI, has this so much unhealthy sense of entitlement to tithing, that he is hellbent on having it resurrected

""If you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years;
but on the seventh he shall go out as a free man without payment.
"
- Exodus 21:2

"If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do."
- Exodus 21:7

"44‘As for your male and female slaves whom you may have—you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you.
45‘Then, too, it is out of the sons of the sojourners who live as aliens among you that you may gain acquisition, and out of their families who are with you, whom they will have produced in your land; they also may become your possession.
46‘You may even bequeath them to your sons after you, to receive as a possession; you can use them as permanent slaves
"
- Leviticus 25:44-46a

alBHAGDADI watch this, since the scriptures Exodus 21:2 and Exodus 21:7 above, are from God, is it OK for us, to sell our daughters as slaves? huh? Or from Leviticus 25:44-46a above, is it OK to acquire male and female slaves, even give as a gift to our sons after us, hmm? Own goal issa goal. Can you now see alBHAGDADI, how much you stubbornly, still believe, in the Dark Ages instead of Light?

Dicktionary:
I am not Flabagasted it is still this Op with a Nomenclature of a wanted Terrorist. Always writing Jargon and Sh!ttious things. Smh

midnighter:
Shouldnt you be saying "Jesus never wore a gown"
Of course Jesus must have worn a robe now, that was the attire as of that time.
dem never show you Bible movie for sunday school
By the way Al-Baghdadi was blown to smithereens early this morning, maybe you should choose another moniker

AngeloPrice:
What a load of crap. Stop writing rubbish Mr terrorist

[img]https://s0/images/dead.jpg[/img]

I wouldnt waste my precious time on alBHAGDADI, besides alBHAGDADI is a tool in the hands of the god of Nairaland, who kerching laughs all the way to the bank at alBHAGDADI's expense
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by thundafire: 10:31am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

can a man fight or run conveniently on skirt?
u asking a silly question look at historic facts in those times and tell me if u will c any soldier in trouser

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 10:32am On Oct 27, 2019
Sylvaxxl1:

Stop being proudly foolish.

People of Nazareth have no such culture as men wearing long hair. You have wrongly taken Nazarene to mean Nazareth.

Jesus was from Nazareth, a town in the middle East. This is different from the word Nazarene which Samson was. A Nazarene is someone bound by a vow which prevents him from doing certain things. Examples are drinking wine and coming close to dead bodies. Jesus drank wine and even resurrected dead bodies, all of which are against vows of Nazarene. Therefore, he wasn't a Nazarene and never had long hair like one.

Next time, before you boastfully sound foolish, study well.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Youngzedd(m): 10:32am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

New Living Translation

LOL, the worst Bible translation is KJV.

Now, are we still under the law?
If NO

There are 613 laws in Torah, how many are you keeping?

If a woman lie about her virginity, the men are to stone her to death.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21
20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

Do you know that you're unclean for laying your hand or touching (even hand shake) a woman who's on her period? Read Leviticus 15:19-21

Are you aware that you're forbidden to wear cloth made of more than one material? Are you aware that you're forbidden to plant more than one kind of seed in a field? Read Leviticus 19 vs 19
Are you aware that you're not suppose to eat fat? Read Leviticus 3:17

Do you know that your stubborn and rebellious son should be stone to death? Read Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Use your head and think for a minute. Ask yourself, If I am to practice the laws, why am I not been taught about so many others and made to practice them?

If I decide to pull the laws, you will stop believing so many things. You will have a serious rethink about your belief. God saw that humans are under a bondage of the law, He sent Yehoshua to save us and made the law obsolete as written in the book of Hebrew 8 vs 13. Why do you still go back to the same bondage you were lifted from? � �

Galatians 5 vs 1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

The slavery been talked about here is the LAW. Christianity is FREEDOM from the curse of the law. Now you know ☺.

Here, this single verse said it all about the law.

Galatians 5 vs 14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Many of you that claim to be Christians are under a curse without knowing it.

Lets read Galatians 3 vs 10

For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

If you're to practice a single law, you MUST practice everything there. The scripture said EVERYTHING not some things that suits you.
Is it that you don't read the bible or you lack understanding? � �

Is it not hypocrisy and devilish for someone to choose a single law in the old testament and force the people to practice it? �

If we are to practice the laws in the old testament, we are to practice ALL without leaving any UNTOUCH. Ranging from burning of animals, killing your first born son and animals as first fruits. Not eating pork etc.

Why should a so called Christian go to the old testament which is now obsolete and pick up a single law and force it down to the congregation because of their selfish interest. To make it worst, the congregations don't have the mind of their own. They have been brainwashed and conditioned on how to think. They fear their leaders, they are now slaves without knowing it.

They will tell you don't do this, do that without you asking questions, are you a zombie? � �

Christianity is a lifestyle, you're not suppose to practice the laws in the old testament. You're forbidden to practice them. You're a Christian not a Jew (Judaism).

About 99% of the laws in the old testament, you don't keep. Why do you allow them to brainwash you to practice about 1% or less?

If we aren't suppose to practice the law, why was it given in the first place?

Galatians 3 vs 19 - 20
Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20 A mediator,however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

I am closing with Galatians 3:13-14

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

The grace of our Lord Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen. - Galatians 6 vs 18

You're under a curse for obeying the law. Read >> https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2326993504185399&id=100006243157247

The problem many people have is that they don't know the difference between Judaism and Christianity. They don't also know the difference between the new covenant and the old covenants.

It may shock you that you and a lot of Pastors out there don't know who a Christian is. A Christian is He who follow the footsteps of Christ strictly. You can't claim to be following Christ and follow Moses or another other person at the same thing. Go and enrol to Dr Abel Damina mentorship programme to learn what Christianity truly is.

Be a true Christian.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Bhorbymills1990: 10:33am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The scribes were teachers who wore long robes. He said we should beware of them. Jesus said we should beware of teachers who wear long robe.

Jesus was a teacher himself. According to you, we are to beware of him because you insinuate he wore long robe too.

Yes Jesus was a teacher and he wore Garment and not Robe ... That's why he said we should beware of the teachers who wear long robe .... Don't forget there is a slight difference between Garments and Robes ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! / Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka In Subsidy Removal(he Cursed Jonathan) / self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.