Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing (20083 Views)

Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Karence(f): 10:34am On Oct 27, 2019
Op,read the whole chapter of Deuteronomy 22 and stop confusing yourself with selected verses of the chapter. Men were asked to avoid women's clothing cos of the recharge from the body of a women,remember it was a taboo for a woman who is mensurating to touch or be in a congregation of others and she had to be cleansed after her period. You need to study the scriptures for yourself biko. undecided
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Auki: 10:35am On Oct 27, 2019
healthserve:
My dear Jesus wore long robe albeit not a feminine looking robe

All prophets and Saints
1. Wore rope
2. Grow beard
3. Worship only One God not Jesus or trinity

Learn
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by hollowpot15684(m): 10:35am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Your stubborn nature is why you hate correction.

We are not in the times of corrections anymore, Grace covers as long as you talk and walk with your father in heaven everytime your shortcomings appears.

I am personally not guided by laws of rights and wrong anymore, but by pure Principle which are naturally subjective.

I can wear a robe if that is what i feel like wearing, it is not Gods business what i wear.

Sir/Ma, i will advise you upgrade your teachings and ideas to the new covenant which is active till Jesus Christ second coming.

Also remember, all your righteousness are nothing but filthy rags, so irrespective of what you wear, you are nothing but an unrighteous person.

Upgrade your teachings sir, you are way behind of the truth.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by EXOUSIAng: 10:37am On Oct 27, 2019
Most Christains have been on and on about what Jesus did and what he didnt,
Questions:
The bible never recorded that jesus
1. Brushed morning and night, why do you?
2. had his bath, why una dey baf
3.Driving a car, or flying in a plane, why do you?
4. Wearing boxers, why do you?
5. Wore suit, why the suit and tie
6. built a house, why ya'll building houses?
7. used microphones and speakers, whats with speakers in churches,
8. The list is a long one,

the bible talked the renewal of the mind for a reason.
Op from what your write up, i guess you wearing a robe right now, cos Jesus never wore trousers
Ya'll be making heaven difficult for yourselves
I spit on this post

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Advancedman(m): 10:38am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Fashion today is beginning to be designed in such a way that men can now wear what women wear. These days, men wear dress which is pertaining to females. They call it fashion, whereas it is an abomination to God. People who wear such are hated by God.

Deuteronomy 22:5 (KJV)
5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

The sad part is that when men who wear Women's dress are criticized today, they are quick to claim the Bible supports the lifestyle. The worst part is that they claim Jesus also dressed in similar manner i.e he wore robe. This is a big fat like because Jesus never wore robe, a fashion similar to women's dress.

Why would Jesus wear robe when he specifically spoke against it in the Bible. He gave a doctrine against wearing robes as seen below.

Mark 12:38
And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

In case you are wondering what long clothing is, it means long robe as seen below.

Luke 20:46
Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

But you say, "what about all those pictures depicting Jesus wearing robes?". Those were painted by people who never existed during his time and culture. Those are paintings by Michael Angelo and other sodomites who even made Jesus wear long hair.

1 Corinthians 11:14
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Jesus never had long hair because he's the express image of God while men are the image of God. Wouldn't it be ridiculous if we as the image of God are not allowed to wear long hair, but Jesus whom we are in his image wears long hair?

Jesus never wore robe because that would make him a hypocrite. He spoke against long robes and told people to beware of those who do such thing. Won't it be absurd to now see him wear long robe? Wouldn't that mean he's saying people should beware of him too? It would also mean he's an hypocrite who preaches against something but does it anyway. I'm glad we know he was sinless, therefore he couldn't have gone against his word.

So, what did Jesus and the culture back then wear? I don't know because I didn't exist back then. But what I do know is that he never wore robe nor any dress-looking garment. But trousers existed long before he came to earth. The book of Daniel spoke of men wearing trousers otherwise known as Hosen.

Daniel 3:21(KJV)
21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

Some people can be quick to quote Mathew 9:22 to prove that Jesus wore a robe or cloak, but that's a lie inspired by false Bible translations.

New International Version
She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed."

New Living Translation
for she thought, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.”

The NIV and the NLT both state that Jesus wore a robe or cloak, but it's a lie. That's why I wrote a thread exposing false Bible translations and advised people to stick to the King James Version only.

Look at how they rendered Jesus to be a hypocrite. They called Jesus a man who goes against his own words by putting on robe which he gave a doctrine against. Read link below to see more of the likes of these modern Bible translations which are really designed by Satan himself to confuse believers.

READ: https://www.nairaland.com/4957299/bible-sword-butter-knife-why

Now, see how the King James Version rightly puts the verse.

Mathew 9:21 KJV
For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

The only time Jesus wore a robe was when they placed a purple robe on him and a crown of thorns. They did it to mock him. It wasn't something he decided to wear on his own. Or will you say he also decided to wear a crown of thorns?

John 19:5 KJV
Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!

So, guys don't be sucked into modern fashion that sees men wearing women's clothing e.g dress, Jalabya, makeup, earrings ankle chains etc. Doing such makes you an abomination before God.

Stop this nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Bhorbymills1990: 10:38am On Oct 27, 2019
jaxxy:

Jesus wore a robe probably not a long one like the scribes who did it to appear holier than thou and not because it was bad.

To understand what hosen meant in Daniels time u wud need to study Babylonian historyand culture and not assume it was a trouser, it cud have been a skirt.

On hair issue, Samson has long hair because his hair was his strength and he never shaved it since birth. Jesus I believe had averagely long hair as a Nazarene.

Jesus wore Garment not Robe .... Take note of the slight difference between them
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 27, 2019
I don't know why we (human being) are so obsessed with shadows.
We are busy climbing the sign post neglecting where it is pointing.
We prefer the pointing finger to the object it's pointing.
We created knowledge out of ignorance. Hence, everyone is right in his own illusion.

Jesus, like many others are symbols of awakening; a reminder to all that we aren't what we think.

I agree we've all been mislead and misinformed in one way or the other in the aspect of life's reality while growing.

Therefore, it is more profitable to self growth; if one will keep quiet on pseudo truth he inherited and remain open without prejudice. Truth need not to be defended or argued, the very fact that it is arguable qualifies it as non-truth.

Leave the messanger and focus on the message.
The message is clear to those who are ready to crucify self on the cross of emptiness.

Let him hear, he who has hear.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 10:43am On Oct 27, 2019
Youngzedd:

LOL, the worst Bible translation is KJV.

Now, are we still under the law?
If NO

There are 613 laws in Torah, how many are you keeping?

If a woman lie about her virginity, the men are to stone her to death.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21
20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

Do you know that you're unclean for laying your hand or touching (even hand shake) a woman who's on her period? Read Leviticus 15:19-21

Are you aware that you're forbidden to wear cloth made of more than one material? Are you aware that you're forbidden to plant more than one kind of seed in a field? Read Leviticus 19 vs 19
Are you aware that you're not suppose to eat fat? Read Leviticus 3:17

Do you know that your stubborn and rebellious son should be stone to death? Read Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Use your head and think for a minute. Ask yourself, If I am to practice the laws, why am I not been taught about so many others and made to practice them?

If I decide to pull the laws, you will stop believing so many things. You will have a serious rethink about your belief. God saw that humans are under a bondage of the law, He sent Yehoshua to save us and made the law obsolete as written in the book of Hebrew 8 vs 13. Why do you still go back to the same bondage you were lifted from? � �

Galatians 5 vs 1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

The slavery been talked about here is the LAW. Christianity is FREEDOM from the curse of the law. Now you know ☺.

Here, this single verse said it all about the law.

Galatians 5 vs 14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Many of you that claim to be Christians are under a curse without knowing it.

Lets read Galatians 3 vs 10

For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

If you're to practice a single law, you MUST practice everything there. The scripture said EVERYTHING not some things that suits you.
Is it that you don't read the bible or you lack understanding? � �

Is it not hypocrisy and devilish for someone to choose a single law in the old testament and force the people to practice it? �

If we are to practice the laws in the old testament, we are to practice ALL without leaving any UNTOUCH. Ranging from burning of animals, killing your first born son and animals as first fruits. Not eating pork etc.

Why should a so called Christian go to the old testament which is now obsolete and pick up a single law and force it down to the congregation because of their selfish interest. To make it worst, the congregations don't have the mind of their own. They have been brainwashed and conditioned on how to think. They fear their leaders, they are now slaves without knowing it.

They will tell you don't do this, do that without you asking questions, are you a zombie? � �

Christianity is a lifestyle, you're not suppose to practice the laws in the old testament. You're forbidden to practice them. You're a Christian not a Jew (Judaism).

About 99% of the laws in the old testament, you don't keep. Why do you allow them to brainwash you to practice about 1% or less?

If we aren't suppose to practice the law, why was it given in the first place?

Galatians 3 vs 19 - 20
Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20 A mediator,however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

I am closing with Galatians 3:13-14

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen. - Galatians 6 vs 18

Some of the Old Testament laws have been changed in the New Testament. Examples are diverse washings, circumcision, shaving of hair etc. Paul wrote about them. Does that now mean that all the law has been changed? If so, why not break the law below but sleeping with your mother, sister and daughter?

Leviticus 18:6 (KJV)
None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the
LORD.

Look, when the Bible said the law has been done away with, it's not saying we can now break the law. It simply means the law is not the means to salvation. You can't get saved by keeping the law because Jesus is the one that saves. If you reject Jesus and decided to get saved by keeping the law, it means you are cursed. What is the curse?

You are cursed because you will never keep the entire law. You will always fail. If you pass all but failed in one, you will be guilty of even the one you passed - That is the curse and the reason why those who keep the law as a means of salvation always end up in hell.

God knew we won't be able to keep the law 100%, that's why he gave us Jesus.

Now, the reason why obey the law today is because it gives us blessings and also protection. If you steal, you will go to jail if caught. If you don't, you are protected.

So basically, the Old Testament laws which God wants us to continue with, he stated in the New Testament e.g don't be homosexual, don't commit incest etc.

The ones he doesn't want us to continue with, he stated in the New Testament e.g circumcision, diverse washings etc

The ones he didn't say anything g about in the New Testament, those ones are to be obeyed. Why? Because no man has the right to stop what God has not stopped.

I hope you understand now
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 10:45am On Oct 27, 2019
hollowpot15684:

We are not in the times of corrections anymore, Grace covers as long as you talk and walk with your father in heaven everytime your shortcomings appears.

I am personally not guided by laws of rights and wrong anymore, but by pure Principle which are naturally subjective.

I can wear a robe if that is what i feel like wearing, it is not Gods business what i wear.

Sir/Ma, i will advise you upgrade your teachings and ideas to the new covenant which is active till Jesus Christ second coming.

Also remember, all your righteousness are nothing but filthy rags, so irrespective of what you wear, you are nothing but an unrighteous person.

Since Grace covers you, then make sure you sleep with your mother, sister and daughter tonight. Make sure you get them pregnant.

Leviticus 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the
LORD.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by jaxxy(m): 10:46am On Oct 27, 2019
Bhorbymills1990:

Jesus wore Garment not Robe .... Take note of the slight difference between them

What’s the difference oh? These words are used interchangeably.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by thinkmoney(m): 10:49am On Oct 27, 2019
doctorkush:
you people are just confusing us.

another person will come up tomorrow to say Jesus goes around in baggy and crop top.

shee e gbadun bayii...
my dear, that's the problem we have today. don't allow anybody read the Bible for you.God in his love has made it available. read it and make researches 'with your power of reason.' It's ur guide in the journey of life,ur spiritual food (would u let somebody eat for u?).
my take on the issue is that when u read the Bible and study Paul's books u will see that long hair for male was not looked on favourably, so it's most likely that Jesus wore his hair shot. about the garment, like many things Jesus advised against like taking front sit in an assembly, he wasn't advising against it, he was just against the way the Pharisees use it to show off. Long garments or robe may be the preserve of the rich who could afford extra garment material. However the case may be, research and literatures from Jesus time suggest males cloth be it robe, cloak or coat was always distinguishable from females. READ THE BIBLE PLEASE
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by ovcwality(m): 10:49am On Oct 27, 2019
@op cultures differs, rope might be men's clothing in some culture, just because you don't dress like a Nazarene makes you a sinner. Moreover I don't know Bible quote well, but this is simple logic
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Youngzedd(m): 10:54am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Some of the Old Testament laws have been changed in the New Testament. Examples are diverse washings, circumcision, shaving of hair etc. Paul wrote about them. Does that now mean that all the law has been changed? If so, why not break the law below but sleeping with your mother, sister and daughter?

Leviticus 18:6 (KJV)
LORD.

Look, when the Bible said the law has been done away with, it's not saying we can now break the law. It simply means the law is not the means to salvation. You can't get saved by keeping the law because Jesus is the one that saves. If you reject Jesus and decided to get saved by keeping the law, it means you are cursed. What is the curse?

You are cursed because you will never keep the entire law. You will always fail. If you pass all but failed in one, you will be guilty of even the one you passed - That is the curse and the reason why those who keep the law as a means of salvation always end up in hell.

God knew we won't be able to keep the law 100%, that's why he gave us Jesus.

Now, the reason why obey the law today is because it gives us blessings and also protection. If you steal, you will go to jail if caught. If you don't, you are protected.

So basically, the Old Testament laws which God wants us to continue with, he stated in the New Testament e.g don't be homosexual, don't commit incest etc.

The ones he doesn't want us to continue with, he stated in the New Testament e.g circumcision, diverse washings etc

The ones he didn't say anything g about in the New Testament, those ones are to be obeyed. Why? Because no man has the right to stop what God has not stopped.

I hope you understand now

Open the link and go through it.

Why should I sleep with my old mother when there are fresh babes out there?

C'mon that's disgusting.

Bros, you don't fully understand why Christ came. I advise you to enroll for Dr Abel Damina mentorship programme.

Christians are not under the law. We follow Christ strictly, anything not found in the life of Christ is none of our business.

Hebrews 7:18-19
18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Hebrew 8 vs 13 (NIV)
"By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

Colossians 2:16-23

Freedom From Human Rules
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Galatians 2:21
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

Stop manipulating the people using the law. Mathew 23.

Judaism is not Christianity.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by hollowpot15684(m): 10:59am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Since Grace covers you, then make sure you sleep with your mother, sister and daughter tonight. Make sure you get them pregnant.

Leviticus 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
LORD.

Lol, i just wish you understand better but it is very obvious my wish cannot be granted.

Sleeping with my mother, sister and daughter may not be morally right to you because your cultural background don't permit such but it doesn't mean there are no culture out there who don't permit it. I want you to know that, there are even more bizarre practices around the world which you will see as 'wrong' if i mention them to you.

However, I'm not gonna waste my time on you cos it is very clear that you are a close minded person to even cite that as an example in the first place.

Talking about Grace, i want you to know that "i am the righteousness of God in Christ, therefore am above condemnation". All your robe condemnations are nothing but trash, and i do not believe anyone who knows the heart of God would come up with such.

Listen to the preachings of Joseph Prince, Sam Adeyemi or Myles Munroe, i believe your brains will open thereafter. Have a lovely Sunday and i will advise you change the church you attend.

Obrigado.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Youngzedd(m): 10:59am On Oct 27, 2019
hollowpot15684:

The OP is a manipulator. He doesn't fully understand what it means to be a Christian.

If not that Christianity has taken over, the OP would have been a native doctor. Since they now see being a native doctor won't pay them, they moved to Christianity mixed with Judaism.

You can't manipulate anyone under the true Christianity.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2019
Karence:
Op,read the whole chapter of Deuteronomy 22 and stop confusing yourself with selected verses of the chapter. Men were asked to avoid women's clothing cos of the recharge from the body of a women,remember it was a taboo for a woman who is mensurating to touch or be in a congregation of others and she had to be cleansed after her period. You need to study the scriptures for yourself biko. undecided

D
So, why were women told to stay away from men's clothing?

Because of MENstruation grin
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Youngzedd(m): 11:01am On Oct 27, 2019
hollowpot15684:

Lol, i just wish you understand better but it is very obvious my wish cannot be granted.

Sleeping with my mother, sister and daughter may not be morally right to you because your cultural background don't permit such but it doesn't mean there are no culture out there who don't permit it. I want you to know that, there are even more bizarre practices around the world which you will see as 'wrong' if i mention them to you.

However, I'm not gonna waste my time on you cos it is very clear that you are a close minded person to even cite that as an example in the first place.

Talking about Grace, i want you to know that "i am the righteousness of God in Christ, therefore am above condemnation". All your robe condemnations are nothing but trash, and i do not believe anyone who knows the heart of God would come up with such.

Listen to the preachings of Joseph Prince, Sam Adeyemi or Myles Munroe, i believe your brains will open thereafter. Have a lovely Sunday and i will advise you change the church you attend.

Obrigado.

If we are still in the 50s, the OP should have been one chance native doctor.

grin grin
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 11:02am On Oct 27, 2019
hollowpot15684:

Obrigado.

Will you just shut up

Which foolish culture permits sleeping with your mother and sister? Such existed before and still does. But a Christian is to dump such cultures the moment he accepts Jesus Christ.

Any person still doing such is going against the law of God who respects no man's culture.

Just shut up already and stop making Grace seem like a license to commit abomination.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by hollowpot15684(m): 11:07am On Oct 27, 2019
Youngzedd:

If we are still in the 50s, the OP should have been one chance native doctor.

grin grin

Aswearugawd. grin grin
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 11:07am On Oct 27, 2019
hollowpot15684:

Obrigado.

Ate you saved? Then it means you are a son of God and he won't condemn you. Does that mean he won't punish you here on Earth for breaking his rules?

Hebrews 12:6-11 King James Version (KJV)
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by MuttleyLaff: 11:11am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
The scribes were teachers who wore long robes. He said we should beware of them. Jesus said we should beware of teachers who wear long robe.

Jesus was a teacher himself. According to you, we are to beware of him because you insinuate he wore long robe too.
Why were the scribes fond of wearing long robes then, hmm?

alBHAGDADI:
How are you to know a scribe full of evil? Is it not by the long robe? If Jesus shows up wearing long robe, he would be a hypocrite condemning others for doing same. You think Jesus didn't know what he was talking about when he specifically mentioned long robes? If he was just talking about their evil, he won't have had any need to include their dress code. But he knows their dress also plays a role in part of why they are evil.

You see politicians with security and pastor with security. How do you know which isn't evil? The security shows they are evil.
Jesus included their dress code to address the motive for and behind why they dress in flowing "babaringa" like robes

alBHAGDADI:
That's why the Bible never mentioned Jesus putting on robe by himself, because he had to be different from the scribes.
OK, Mr Smartypants, even if the Bible never mentioned Jesus putting on robe by himself, the Bible at least mentions that without shrugging it off, Jesus obediently let them put on Him a robe naah. No be so, hmm?

Bhorbymills1990:
Yes Jesus was a teacher and he wore Garment and not Robe ... That's why he said we should beware of the teachers who wear long robe .... Don't forget there is a slight difference between Garments and Robes ...
Jesus on different occasions, is recorded in the Bible to have worn either garment or robe.

Bhorbymills1990:
Jesus wore both. Let me give you a chance to shine like a star and be a hero. Whats the difference between a garment and robe? Of course if you know, you'll easily and correctly know the difference, even pinpoint the different occasions, when and where Jesus wore garment and robe, lol.

alBHAGDADI:
D
So, why were women told to stay away from men's clothing?

Because of MENstruation grin
"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment:
for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
"
- Deuteronomy 22:5

"alBHAGDADI is my very good customer. We have regular transactions together. The most recent one, I have asked alBHAGDADI many times over, to please and kindly in a way that a two year old can understand, that's if at all if he really does know, to soon explain to us, the reason behind why, in the Bible, God said cross dressing is an abomination to Him and that women should abstain from wearing what belongs to men, likewise men what belongs to women, but this request seems to be hard and difficult for him to deliver and give answers to"
- Re: Daddy Freeze Hails Pastor Abel Damina For Saying Women Can Wear Trousers by MuttleyLaff: 3:41pm On Apr 09

Women, in Deuteronomy 22:5, were told to stay away from men's clothing and vice versa only because of the idolatrous practices associated with cross dressing, that is meaning, men wearing women’s clothing, and vice versa as part of carrying out an idolatrous rite.

Deuteronomy 22:5, is about the idolatory pagan ritual custom that cross dressing is associated with. That's the underlying reason of concern to God about cross dressing. It is the association with idolatry practices and pagan ritualistics done when and with wearing clothes of the opposite sex that is detesting to God. alBHAGDADI you couldnt answer that question when I previously asked you, why God detests it, but now you know better and we thank God for that. So, alBHAGDADI, that is the reason, the why and what God dislikes and says its an abomination, period. OK? Any other twisting and turning by you naa wash ojaare.

alBHAGDADI you already know me that I dont venture into subjects I havent a watertight understanding of and this how I easily can show you verses in 2 Kings and Zephaniah that explains Deuteronomy 22:5 has to do with cross dressing associated idolatrous practices and/or rites, lol.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by hollowpot15684(m): 11:17am On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Will you just shut up

Which foolish culture permits sleeping with your mother and sister? Such existed before and still does. But a Christian is to dump such cultures the moment he accepts Jesus Christ.

Any person still doing such is going against the law of God who respects no man's culture.

Just shut up already and stop making Grace seem like a license to commit abomination.

Once again, im forced to respond because i do not want you to mislead the people the bible refer to as 'babes' among us.

I agree with you that the law of God is no respecter of culture but then that is where objectivity comes in.

You cannot go to Sweden and tell their traditional men that they can't wear robe, you must be crazy if you do such. cos Christianity don't stop you from wearing Agbada as a Yoruba man or Danshiki as an Hausa person.

Once again let me say it to your deaf hears, the new covenant is not concern of looks but heart. Your heart is the most important factor here, all your condemnations are not but western cultural orientation that eventually mix with Christianity.

I rest my case here Pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Bhorbymills1990: 11:25am On Oct 27, 2019
jaxxy:

What’s the difference oh? These words are used interchangeably.

The difference between garment and robe is that garment is a single item of clothing while robe is a long loose outer garment, often signifying honorary stature. Hope it helps
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by jaxxy(m): 11:33am On Oct 27, 2019
Bhorbymills1990:

The difference between garment and robe is that garment is a single item of clothing while robe is a long loose outer garment, often signifying honorary stature. Hope it helps

Ok it helps identify them bt it still doesn’t answer the op confusion on which and why Jesus did/didn’t wear it.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Bhorbymills1990: 11:40am On Oct 27, 2019
jaxxy:

Ok it helps identify them bt it still doesn’t answer the op confusion on which and why Jesus did/didn’t wear it.

That should have been the question the Op ought to ask .... It's simply Jesus didn't wear Robes because of the Hononary Stature Attached to wearing Robes as a teacher grin
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by HeyCorleone(m): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2019
Cousin9999:
So, did you learn this in seminary? How long have you been a priest?

Which version of the Bible are you using? Is it the full Bible, or just the sections white people like?

Leave the dude.

The part where he shocked me was when he said Jesus never had long hair. Jesus, the Nazarene, never had long hair?

alBHAGDADI, you're just an unfunny joke. Pseudo-intellect like you.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Cruz889(m): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2019
Cousin9999:
So, did you learn this in seminary? How long have you been a priest?

Which version of the Bible are you using? Is it the full Bible, or just the sections white people like?
Bro even priest don't preach this
That part of the Bible That preach against dressing code is the old testament and all its contents is buried in the culture of the Israelite. so before you interpret the Bible (old testament) first you have to have knowledge of Israelite culture, a bit at least
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by wiseone28: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2019
jconsulting:
Who was there when Jesus was around to know what he wore, stop disturbing yourselves
we

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by mvem(m): 11:49am On Oct 27, 2019
jconsulting:
Who was there when Jesus was around to know what he wore, stop disturbing yourselves
lady you don't need to be there. History shows us what people of that time wore, it is not rocket science. We know where Jesus lived and what era he lived .So simply find out how they dress in the that region and that particular time. The Op is confusing himself. Men of that era did not wear trousers but flowing robes/gown...whatever you call it but their cloths were quite different from the ones worn by the ladies

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by TheExecutioner: 11:53am On Oct 27, 2019
[img]https://images./3AxMxnSlrhV9TRLvxuyaRb.jpg[/img]

Bestpresident:
Another name for Christianity is CONFUSION GATHERING,,,e.g,,, Jehovah's witness,,,, deeper life,,,olumba olumba obu,,,, celestial,,, salvation army,,, seraphim,,,,,bla bla bla,,,,ONE GOD,,,, DIFFERENT DOCTRINE,,,, DIFFERENT BELIEVE,,,, cryBROTHERS WHICH WAY ABEG undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 11:55am On Oct 27, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Leave the dude.

The part where he shocked me was when he said Jesus never had long hair. Jesus, the Nazarene, never had long hair?

alBHAGDADI, you're just an unfunny joke. Pseudo-intellect like you.

Nazarite and Nazareth are two different words.

Nazareth is a town in Israel which Jesus was from. That's why he's sometimes called Jesus of Nazareth.

Nazarite is someone who made a vow which involves him not doing certain things e.g cutting his hair, drinking wine, going close to bodies etc. Jesus did all of that and nowhere is it recorded that he took Nazarite vows like Samson. Stop mistaken the word Nazarite for Nazareth.

Can you see that you have no right to mock me?

Numbers 6:1-6 (KJV)
1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the LORD:
2 He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.
3 All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is made of the vine tree, from the kernels even to the husk.
4 All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the LORD, he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.
5 All the days that he separateth himself unto the
LORD he shall come at no dead body.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by mvem(m): 11:58am On Oct 27, 2019
Bhorbymills1990:

show us the pictorial difference

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

666 Are We This Close? / If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? / Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.