Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,845 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing (20495 Views)

Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by midnighter(f): 11:59am On Oct 27, 2019
mvem:
lady you don't need to be there. History shows us what people of that time wore, it is not rocket science. We know where Jesus lived and what era he lived .So simply find out how they dress in the that region and that particular time. The Op is confusing himself. Men of that era did not wear trousers but flowing robes/gown...whatever you call it but their cloths were quite different from the ones worn by the ladies

Even in the story of the prodigal son, we are told that the father had to gather up his robes so that he would be able to run to his son when he returned

"We must understand that at this time the wealthy just did not run. It was considered undignified, and something for common workers to do. Not only so, but the robes they wore did not lend themselves to running. When one wanted to work or move quickly, he would take off his outer garments and gird up his under-robe, tying it up underneath into what we would describe as a kind of pair of shorts. Yet this father certainly took the time to do none of this. Thus, when he ran to meet his son, he would have had to hold his skirts up as he was running, and altogether would have looked not only undignified but also fairly foolish. Yet it is clear that this father did not care how he looked to others, so eager is he to meet his son."

https://precepts./2009/02/16/luke-15-continued/

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by alBHAGDADI: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
hollowpot15684:

Once again, im forced to respond because i do not want you to mislead the people the bible refer to as 'babes' among us.

I agree with you that the law of God is no respecter of culture but then that is where objectivity comes in.

You cannot go to Sweden and tell their traditional men that they can't wear robe, you must be crazy if you do such. cos Christianity don't stop you from wearing Agbada as a Yoruba man or Danshiki as an Hausa person.

Once again let me say it to your deaf hears, the new covenant is not concern of looks but heart. Your heart is the most important factor here, all your condemnations are not but western cultural orientation that eventually mix with Christianity.

I rest my case here Pastor.

What do you think Paul and the rest Apostles were doing when they were going from country to country and culture to culture? They were turning them away from barbaric culture which are against the law of God. If I go to Sweden, I will tell them the truth that Kilt is feminine. If they chose not to listen, that's their culture of tea. Calling it a kilt doesn't change the fact that it has no difference from skirt.

Yes, the new covenant is about the heart, but does that mean the outward look should be neglected? Jesus said wash the inside and the outside so that the cup will be clean. You can't say you are clean on the inside when it inspired your cross-dressing. If you are indeed clean on the inside, it will reflect on the outside.

You just want to abuse Grace by doing whatever you like.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Emmanuellllllll: 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
I wonder what the pope wears

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Bhorbymills1990: 12:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
mvem:
show us the pictorial difference

Are you out of Data ??
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by akdjr(m): 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
Watch how my people will come and start defending this deceitful book that was target at the black race to keep them away from their creator.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Truthwords: 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2019
STOP POSTING PICTURES OF WHITE JESUS . JESUS WAS BLACK REV 1 VS 14 $ 15
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by mvem(m): 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
midnighter:

Even in the story of the prodigal son, we are told that the father had to gather up his robes so that he would be able to run to his son when he returned

"We must understand that at this time the wealthy just did not run. It was considered undignified, and something for common workers to do. Not only so, but the robes they wore did not lend themselves to running. When one wanted to work or move quickly, he would take off his outer garments and gird up his under-robe, tying it up underneath into what we would describe as a kind of pair of shorts. Yet this father certainly took the time to do none of this. Thus, when he ran to meet his son, he would have had to hold his skirts up as he was running, and altogether would have looked not only undignified but also fairly foolish. Yet it is clear that this father did not care how he looked to others, so eager is he to meet his son."

https://precepts./2009/02/16/luke-15-continued/
aren't we saying same thing
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Roycemadeit(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
Make Angels design cloth and throw them down make we dey wear na.
Religion is a bundle of confusion.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by midnighter(f): 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
mvem:
aren't we saying same thing

Yeah i was supporting your comment
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by mvem(m): 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
midnighter:

Yeah i was supporting your comment
Alright

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Kayharry(m): 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
Na danshiki Jesus wear .op olodo

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by drakeli: 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Fashion today is beginning to be designed in such a way that men can now wear what women wear. These days, men wear dress which is pertaining to females. They call it fashion, whereas it is an abomination to God. People who wear such are hated by God.

Deuteronomy 22:5 (KJV)
5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

The Bible does not depict what garments pertaining to a ma or a woman look like. So what determines what pertains to a man or a woman?

To help you answer the question. The determining factor is the people’s culture. The Bible in that verse was written in the context of the culture of the people. Are you going to tell a Bangladesh citizens with the culture of their males wearing rapper or people from Scotland that wear skirt that they are wearing what pertain to the opposite sex? After all, there were no trousers or shirts in the time of Jesus. What everyone put on was gown. It was another culture that introduced to us suits and jackets. Not the Bible.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
So bros, upon all the problems wey dey this world na Jesus cloth dey worry you?

It is finished.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Makuos19: 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
drakeli:
The Bible does not depict what garments pertaining to a ma or a woman look like. So what determines what pertains to a man or a woman?

To help you answer the question. The determining factor is the people’s culture. The Bible in that verse was written in the context of the culture of the people. Are you going to tell a Bangladesh citizens with the culture of their males wearing rapper or people from Scotland that wear skirt that they are wearing what pertain to the opposite sex? After all, there were no trousers or shirts in the time of Jesus. What everyone put on was gown. It was another culture that introduced to us suits and jackets. Not the Bible.
So which chapter/verse says everyone put pn gown
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Makuos19: 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
Chi59:
So bros, upon all the problems wey dey this world na Jesus cloth dey worry you?

It is finished.
Are u guilty of the post
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by drakeli: 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
Makuos19:

So which chapter/verse says everyone put pn gown
you seems not to understand my view point. What I’m saying is that we the people determines that biblical verse by whatever we decide to say belongs to man or woman
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by drakeli: 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
By the way. BREAKING NEWS

Al Baghdad! Is that you? grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by PeterTersugh(m): 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hw do people in d middle East dress in those days? Even till today. Everybody wants to interpret the Bible angry
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Coach1: 3:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
Cousin9999:
So, did you learn this in seminary? How long have you been a priest?

Which version of the Bible are you using? Is it the full Bible, or just the sections white people like?

What made you think he attended a seminary or he's a priest? For your information he's a Protestant like you.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by nwanyionitsha: 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Fashion today is beginning to be designed in such a way that men can now wear what women wear. These days, men wear dress which is pertaining to females. They call it fashion, whereas it is an abomination to God. People who wear such are hated by God.

Deuteronomy 22:5 (KJV)
5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

The sad part is that when men who wear Women's dress are criticized today, they are quick to claim the Bible supports the lifestyle. The worst part is that they claim Jesus also dressed in similar manner i.e he wore robe. This is a big fat like because Jesus never wore robe, a fashion similar to women's dress.

Why would Jesus wear robe when he specifically spoke against it in the Bible. He gave a doctrine against wearing robes as seen below.

Mark 12:38
And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

In case you are wondering what long clothing is, it means long robe as seen below.

Luke 20:46
Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

But you say, "what about all those pictures depicting Jesus wearing robes?". Those were painted by people who never existed during his time and culture. Those are paintings by Michael Angelo and other sodomites who even made Jesus wear long hair.

1 Corinthians 11:14
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Jesus never had long hair because he's the express image of God while men are the image of God. Wouldn't it be ridiculous if we as the image of God are not allowed to wear long hair, but Jesus whom we are in his image wears long hair?

Jesus never wore robe because that would make him a hypocrite. He spoke against long robes and told people to beware of those who do such thing. Won't it be absurd to now see him wear long robe? Wouldn't that mean he's saying people should beware of him too? It would also mean he's an hypocrite who preaches against something but does it anyway. I'm glad we know he was sinless, therefore he couldn't have gone against his word.

So, what did Jesus and the culture back then wear? I don't know because I didn't exist back then. But what I do know is that he never wore robe nor any dress-looking garment. But trousers existed long before he came to earth. The book of Daniel spoke of men wearing trousers otherwise known as Hosen.

Daniel 3:21(KJV)
21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

Some people can be quick to quote Mathew 9:22 to prove that Jesus wore a robe or cloak, but that's a lie inspired by false Bible translations.

New International Version
She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed."

New Living Translation
for she thought, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.”

The NIV and the NLT both state that Jesus wore a robe or cloak, but it's a lie. That's why I wrote a thread exposing false Bible translations and advised people to stick to the King James Version only.

Look at how they rendered Jesus to be a hypocrite. They called Jesus a man who goes against his own words by putting on robe which he gave a doctrine against. Read link below to see more of the likes of these modern Bible translations which are really designed by Satan himself to confuse believers.

READ: https://www.nairaland.com/4957299/bible-sword-butter-knife-why

Now, see how the King James Version rightly puts the verse.

Mathew 9:21 KJV
For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

The only time Jesus wore a robe was when they placed a purple robe on him and a crown of thorns. They did it to mock him. It wasn't something he decided to wear on his own. Or will you say he also decided to wear a crown of thorns?

John 19:5 KJV
Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!

So, guys don't be sucked into modern fashion that sees men wearing women's clothing e.g dress, Jalabya, makeup, earrings ankle chains etc. Doing such makes you an abomination before God.

What did he wear ?
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Legendguru: 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
Oh
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Despite the verses in the OP, you still make this claim which you can't back up?
You didn't understand those Biblical verses you quoted. By Jesus saying that they should beware of the Pharisees who wear long robes and take salutations in marketplaces, he meant that they want to dress arrogantly to look important and then delight in taking praises from people. He never condemned wearing of robes by men. Rather, he was pointing out the faults of Pharisees who delighted in wearing long robes for the purpose of being praised. It's the same thing as wearing suits or any cloth for the sole reason of being hailed as the person "wey sabi". Inasmuch as I condemn the act of wearing robes that look like women's own, it's however wrong to mislead the public by saying that Jesus didn't wear a robe. Besides, the King James version you relied on is not the sole authority. Remember that the first Bible was written by the Roman Catholic Church. King James version came later as a result of King James' disobedience to the papal warning that he shouldn't divorce his wife. He left Catholic Church, set up the Anglican Church and then translated the Bible into the King James' version (named after him). So, use the Roman Catholic Church Bible which is the main and authentic version translated directly from the scrolls if you're disputing other versions. What I meant is that all those versions you neglected are all good.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by sacx: 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
What a finely composed bullcrap grin. The moment I saw the topic on FP, I knew it would be coming from this OP. And mhen, I wasn't disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by NiCurious: 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2019
OP, never mind the King James version. Go back to the Aramaic, the Hebrew, and the Greek originals. We'll hear back from you after you've had time to learn those languages and study the books again, with your conclusions. Meanwhile, sincere Christians will get on with godly works, in the clothes they are wearing.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by BitmapStudios: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
Confused lots everywhere.

1. Describe the middle Eastern mode of dressing, during that era and even till now. My dear, it's usually a robe and at times a coat on it.

2. Does the male robe look like the female ones or feminine wear? It's like saying a suit is only meant for men and any woman wearing one is wearing a male outfit.

3. Jesus talking about Pharisees wearing long robe is not literally. He was referring more to their (arrogant/proud/show-off) gesture they put on when wearing such apparel.

4. If Jesus should come in our generation, I believe most of us would still condemn Him like the Pharisees and Saducees did; we are more of the laws than the love.
#Cheers!
cool

1 Like

Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Cousin9999: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
Coach1:

What made you think he attended a seminary or he's a priest? For your information he's a Protestant like you.

1. I'm asking the Op questions. I didn't assert anything about them.

2. You have no idea what I believe in.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by Psoul(m): 8:40am On Oct 28, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

How are you to know a scribe full of evil? Is it not by the long robe? If Jesus shows up wearing long robe, he would be a hypocrite condemning others for doing same. You think Jesus didn't know what he was talking about when he specifically mentioned long robes? If he was just talking about their evil, he won't have had any need to include their dress code. But he knows their dress also plays a role in part of why they are evil.

You see politicians with security and pastor with security. How do you know which isn't evil? The security shows they are evil. That's why the Bible never mentioned Jesus putting on robe by himself, because he had to be different from the scribes.

My brother, I understand your zeal to follow Christ's instructions, but I want to tell you that you lack the understanding to really appreciate the word from Christ.

I will advice you to stay away from teaching the word but rather go and seat down so that they will teach you the words to avoid falling into traps and also to avoid you leading others astray while trying to lead them to Christ. Your understanding of the word is very poor.
It is very ridiculous for you to say that Christ was actually after the kind of dress the Scribes wore more than their hypocritical lifestyle. Then, very illogical to assert that the dress they wear is what caused their evil deeds. Ur understanding is pathetic.

You see politicians with security and pastor with security. How do you know which isn't evil? The security shows they are evil. That's why the Bible never mentioned Jesus putting on robe by himself, because he had to be different from the scribes.

Above is a quote from ur comment. It implies that since both good and bad pastors, good and bad politicians use security escorts, then security escort is a bad thing. Just like saying, since yahoo boys use computer system to do their evil, anyone with computer system is evil.

Please my dear, go and learn Christ teachings very well before u start your own rubbishing of the religion. We already have handful of those killing the ministry. We can't afford to have additions.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by omoyemoses(f): 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The scribes were teachers who wore long robes. He said we should beware of them. Jesus said we should beware of teachers who wear long robe.

Jesus was a teacher himself. According to you, we are to beware of him because you insinuate he wore long robe too.

Do yourself a favor and read other translations.
Re: Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing by chachanga: 12:50pm On Oct 30, 2019
akinade28:
So what did he now wear? Trousers abi?
We should only stick with king James
Brother, you need help ooo, you are using some Bible verses out of context.

Some guys think their only relevance is meant to come from looking for how to make things tougher for other Christians.

Far from the persecution of its standing days, in the midst of this age's many liberties and other freedoms, christianity alone appears to be fighting itself harder than its aggressors, sad!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should We Stop Giving Tithe? / The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas / Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.