Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian (10232 Views)

Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle / How To Be Led By The Spirit Of God As A Christian Today / Why Do Christians Claim We Muslims Do Not Worship The Same God As Them?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by TundeKorede: 8:56am On Oct 27, 2019
No man is self sufficient and by strength shall no man prevail. Every human being needs the help of God.

Besides, there are times when our knowledge, connection, power and skills will definitely fail us. There are times we will be left with no option than to seek God’s help.

Sincerely, there are some things you cannot successfully accomplish by your strength unless God intervenes. And that’s the rationale for this piece.

Calmly and prayerfully read through. How then do we secure the help of God?

Five Reasons Why People Reject You

How To Secure The Help Of God

• Understand That You Are Powerless Without Him

2 Chronicles 14:11
Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, “Lord, there is no one like you to HELP THE POWERLESS AGAINST the mighty. Help us, Lord our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this vast army. Lord, you are our God; do not let mere mortals prevail against you.”

Zerah the Cushite marched out against Judah. Asa saw himself as powerless without God and that was why he sought God’s help. He knew Him as someone who specializes in helping the powerless.

Until you come to this point; you won’t even seek God’s help let alone securing His help.

Pride has made many to lose many battles in life. They see themselves as powerful people who can possibly win every battle without God’s involvement.

You cannot secure His help by being pompous, calculative and self sufficient. If you feel you don’t need God. Then, He cannot help you because God is not a meddler. He will only intervene in an affair you have called Him to intervene.

After ASA sought God’s help. The Almighty took it upon Himself to personally deal with the Cushites (2 Chronicles 14:12). That will also be your testimony if you can be truthful enough to see your powerlessness without Him.

Why Pastors? Six Reasons Why Men Of God Fail Into Sin

• Cry Out To The Lord
2 Chronicles 20:4
[4]And Judah gathered themselves together, to ASK HELP OF THE LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to SEEK THE LORD.

Everyone who needs the help of God should not be timid to cry out to Him.

In this story, when the people of Judah heard that their enemies had gathered against them. They did not directly wage war against them by their strength.

Firstly, they sought the face of God in prayers. God answered them and told them that; “The battle is not yours.” God set ambushes against their enemies.

So, cry out to Him. There is no battle that is too small for God to handle. And there is no battle that is too great for God to handle. Pray unto Him. He is committed to helping people.

However, God does not automatically help people. He helps those who cry out to Him.

Church: Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church

• Praise Him
2 Chronicles 20:22
[22]And when they BEGAN TO SING and TO PRAISE, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.

As they began to sing, God began to fight for them. In other words, praises unleash the defending and undertaking power of God. As you praise Him, He will raise you.

Many believers think that the only thing they need to do to secure God’s help is to pray.

Whereas, prayer only cannot secure His help. Until you begin to praise Him despite your challenges, He might not help you.

Let’s always endeavour to give quality praise to God.

Suicide: How To Know When Someone Is About To Commit Suicide

• Help Others
Galatians 6:7,9
[7]Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
[9]And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Bishop David Oyedepo once said that, “Every act is a seed.” There is no act (seed) that will not germinate and bear fruit.

More so, if you sow help as a seed, it will surely produce help as a fruit. If you sow wickedness as a seed, it will produce wickedness.

It is impossible for you to sow banana and reap cassava. Also, any life that wants to enjoy God’s help should be helpful to people.

Help other people as well if you want others to help you too.

Dorcas
For example, when Dorcas died prematurely. It was the people she had helped that stood by her till she was raised.

Acts 9:39
[39]Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.

Nevertheless, if Dorcas had helped nobody. Nobody would care about praying for her to come back to life.

Dear friend, it is what you sow that you will reap.

Sow kindness today and allow God to help you. God help Tabitha by allowing her to come back to life after Peter’s prayer.

May the Lord help you too!

Spread The Word
Help this teaching to spread by sharing it with your friends on your social media accounts. Please, share this piece.

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/gods-help-how-to-secure-the-help-of-god/

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 27, 2019
Ayayayaaaaaa! I guess Lear Sharibu & other thousands of Boko Haram victims are yet to CRY OUT LOUDER TO YOUR SKY DADDY or just maybe Yahweh & his entire hosts are jointly suffering from severe hearing loss.

Awon werey gbogbo. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Truefaith: 9:16am On Oct 27, 2019
Check this up with your Bible open at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 27, 2019
Just ensure that your heart's right with God.

1 Like

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by AmuDimpka: 9:20am On Oct 27, 2019
HOW DO I HELP MY EXTENDED FAMILY CAST OUT THE DEMONS THAT NOW OCCUPY OUR FAMILY HOMES?

https://etimes.com.ng/how-do-i-help-my-extended-family-cast-out-the-demons-that-now-occupy-our-family-homes/
Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 27, 2019
If you are attending the synagogue of our prophet TB Joshua...

You are just wasting your time and life! It is the only way to heven
Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by vincijr(m): 9:23am On Oct 27, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 27, 2019
Does God love everybody? Why did he chose to be silent to billions of people?

I pray God to give me job, to give me money, to help me out of my debt but he chooses to let my problem increase the more.

3 Likes

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by hopefulLandlord: 9:26am On Oct 27, 2019
Okay
Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by AmazingELixir: 9:27am On Oct 27, 2019
Very inspiring thank you Op

2 Likes

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by francisisking: 9:29am On Oct 27, 2019
Zoharariel:
Ayayayaaaaaa! I guess Lear Sharibu & other thousands of Boko Haram victims are yet to CRY OUT LOUDER TO YOUR SKY DADDY or just maybe Yahweh & his entire hosts are jointly suffering from severe hearing loss.

Awon werey gbogbo. grin
must you add insult to your comments??
grow up man.

2 Likes

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by francisisking: 9:32am On Oct 27, 2019
dayo2me:

I pray God to give me job, to give me money, to help me out of my debt but he chooses to let my problem increase the more.
don't lose hope.... give your life to Christ, and trust in the lord. All your sorrows shall come to past.

6 Likes

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2019
A lovely post.

Sincerely speaking, I don't know how Atheists sleep at night.
The Zoharariel guy get mind sha!

4 Likes

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Omojudy: 9:53am On Oct 27, 2019
Secure? I love God and Jesus but don’t really agree with that word. Don’t ask me why abeg!
Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by nwamabo247(m): 9:55am On Oct 27, 2019
lord come to my rescure pls@please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below

1 Like

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 27, 2019
francisisking:
don't lose hope.... give your life to Christ, and trust in the lord. All your sorrows shall come to past.
is it devil I gave my life to before abeg shift ground.

1 Like

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Lamanii22(f): 10:08am On Oct 27, 2019
Arkmanbuddy:
A lovely post.

Lol... If you're in Lagos.. It's hard to even be an atheist... You will call on God no matter what...

1 Like

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Lamanii22(f): 10:10am On Oct 27, 2019
dayo2me:

Good things happen, bad things happen... That's how life is.. God has nothing to do with it... I blame all the bad things happening in Nigeria on bad economy and wicked people not God...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Crunchyd2018(f): 10:15am On Oct 27, 2019
Zoharariel:

Awon werey gbogbo. grin
no sense at all. I pray God divers u on time

2 Likes

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Blecco6(m): 10:24am On Oct 27, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:
If you are attending the synagogue of our prophet TB Joshua...

You are just wasting your time and life! It is the only way to heven
What do you mean,be careful of what you say to a man of God,before you incure the wrath of God

1 Like

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 27, 2019
God help us

1 Like

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by funmike83(f): 10:34am On Oct 27, 2019
Hmm, that is why they call him an unquestionable God. He will have mercy on whom he will have mercy. Just keep asking for his mercy

2 Likes

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by spencekat(m): 10:43am On Oct 27, 2019
Wow!That was Pastor Ibiyeomie's message at the just concluded third service at SMHOS.I streamed it and enjoyed every bit of it.I didn't have the chance to go to church this morning because of work.All thanks to God for my phone and money to buy data.

The topic was 'Enjoying the help of God'.
Different verses of the Bible were read such as Ps.121:1-2,Ecc 9:11,2 Chron.26:15,Acts 26:22 etc.

Dr.Olukoya is my G.O,but I cherish Pastor Ibiyieomie.

1 Like

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 27, 2019
Zoharariel:

Awon werey gbogbo. grin
I never knew what frustration, bitterness and hatred is worst than cancer until I read this your misguided and embittered blabbering, God will heal you

3 Likes

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by spencekat(m): 10:46am On Oct 27, 2019
Arkmanbuddy:
A lovely post.

Nothing or nobody on this earth or anywhere will make me believe that there is no God.I repeat nothing or nobody.I have tested God's power.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 27, 2019
Lamanii22:

Good things happen, bad things happen... That's how life is.. God has nothing to do with it... I blame all the bad things happening in Nigeria on bad economy and wicked people not God...
He is there to eliminate them (the wicked people you mentioned) but he did not, why? God really has something to do with bad things. In fact, he makes them happen, He orchestrates bad things to happen to good people even when they pray to Him. When we pray earnestly He should avert the bad things, that's what I'm saying but what we experience is more bad things amidst prayers. Why that?

2 Likes

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 27, 2019
dayo2me:

Are you asking with purity of heart, what is your intention for the job and riches, God don't give opportunity to people to continue in sin, all those billionaire you are seeing are not CHRISTians (CHRISTlike), their money is ill-gotten, don't envy, accept Jesus Christ genuinely and see if He will not feel your heart with joy and all other things will Never matter.

2 Likes

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 27, 2019
profolaolu:
Are you asking with purity of heart, what is your intention for the job and riches, God don't give opportunity to people to continue in sin, all those billionaire you are seeing are not CHRISTians (CHRISTlike), their money is ill-gotten, don't envy, accept Jesus Christ genuinely and see if He will not feel your heart with joy and all other things will Never matter
How do you preach to an hungry person to accept Jesus Christ ?

1 Like

Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 27, 2019
Blecco6:

What do you mean,be careful of what you say to a man of God,before you incure the wrath of God

I mean if you are not attending...

The Man Is sure to be the only way to chrit
Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by MrCuteking(m): 11:07am On Oct 27, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:

I mean if you are not attending...

The Man Is sure to be the only way to chrit

Why have this intuitive mindset? Come out of the box and think again. Synagogue cannot be the only way to make heaven cause we have billions of people in this world.
Re: How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 27, 2019
dayo2me:

How do you preach to an hungry person to accept Jesus Christ ?
Because I was hungry for the flesh like you before, but not I am filled with Holy, I have unspeakable joy even with little with unlimited hope of heaven

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should You Break Up With Your Boyfriend After Giving Your Life To Christ? / Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.