Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad (58130 Views)

Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK / Joe Igbokwe: "Air Peace Blocked Me From Travelling, Shocked Me" / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 7:38am On Jan 21, 2020
ekrizz:

OP, I wish you all the best in your studies and endeavors. Please I'll like to know what kind of job prospects are available for those of us in oil and gas field. I'm a graduate of Petroleum Engineering from FUTO with a CGPA of 4.19. I'm currently serving, but I'm already making plans for Master's degree abroad. Should I include Germany in my list of potential countries to study?

There are oil companies here. One even recruited last month but honestly speaking, Germany has drastically reduced using Non renewable energy for now till 2030 or thereabout, what they use now is
renewable energy like wind energy etc.
I think your profession will be of higher demand in America, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Russia, Norway etc but the opportunities here for oil workers is very small unless you plan to move to another country after your studies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 7:49am On Jan 21, 2020
Jacknn:

Thanks very much for all the useful advice(informations) thusfar. Its really been helpful please don't relent to always inform us on any changes or things we need to do bfore coming don't let negative pple discourage you from updating us as you're a source of inspiration to many and even me because I rekindled my interest in this journey again bkaux of you're very first post and since then you've been ditching good and useful advice.thanks again Mr basalt we really appreciate you...

I wish you the best

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by ekrizz(m): 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2020
Basalt:

There are oil companies here. One even recruited last month but honestly speaking, Germany has drastically reduced using renewable energy for now till 2030 or thereabout, what they use now is non-renewable energy like wind energy etc.
I think your profession will be of higher demand in America, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Russia, Norway etc but the opportunities here for oil workers is very small unless you plan to move to another country after your studies.

Okay boss. I appreciate your response. Thank you.
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by segzyndpep(m): 12:18am On Jan 22, 2020
Basalt:

There are oil companies here. One even recruited last month but honestly speaking, Germany has drastically reduced using renewable energy for now till 2030 or thereabout, what they use now is non-renewable energy like wind energy etc.

Am an interior designer here,pls advice is it something thats rewarding over there or i have to switch to something else.
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by styles2009: 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2020
segzyndpep:

Am an interior designer here,pls advice is it something thats rewarding over there or i have to switch to something else.

You got skills in building, construction and Co? Bricklayer, Painter, Electrician, Handwork and Co. Google the New law starting 1st of march 2020 about working in Germany.
I gave your all the tips, Google: make it in Germany.
Alles Gute.

3 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Goztino(m): 10:12am On Jan 23, 2020
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 24, 2020
grin That's one of the challenges we face.
My story is worse. I have an uncle who works with Texas department of Insurance and another Aunty who's a Nurse in a big Hospital in Texas, And she is almost a Matron.Both are United States Citizens. The only thing i need basically from them happens to be just a letter and I would be in the USA.
It turns out that even when I asked them for an invitation Letter, the uncle stopped responding to my email. The Aunty who I even ran to, after showing them the number of refusals for Remote job interviews on grounds that my geographic Location was prohibitive for them, Asked me that I should write to the company and asked them to send me an offer letter and then she would send me her own Invitation Letter. I started to ask myself , Should the company send me an offer letter, why then would I be needing an invite from her then? grin They just use me Play that year i come day look like someone way day intermittently stupid grin Even slowpoke come get sense pass me sef ... grin Their own Discouragement pass this one way this timedup whatever guy day do. The only thing left for me to do way back then was to either choose sniper and drink it like Malta guiness or smirnoff ice or Live thru it and work hard for myself for whatever it takes.

I lived thru it, and worked hard for myself , Since then, I swore on my life and the life of my future kids never to ask them for anything that requires help , invites or whatever. This same my aunty complains I have stopped talking to her and what not. That she only wanted the best for me to prove that I should not come to the USA and be a layabout (After sending her several rejection letters for Remote jobs on grounds that I am not in the USA, to help is to joke with me abi? Ok, Weldone.). Basically I do not see any need to talk to them for anything in this lifetime, never again. I am chasing EE now and the same Germany, except that for Germany, I am going to use some Invite. I need Advise on this @Basalt

Thanking You.
Yours,
Gimakon!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by molybdenum0012: 1:10pm On Jan 24, 2020
gimakon:
My story is worse. I have an uncle who works with Texas department of Insurance and another Aunty who's a Nurse in a big Hospital in Texas, And she is almost a Matron.Both are United States Citizens. The only thing i need basically from them happens to be just a letter and I would be in the USA.
It turns out that even when I asked them for an invitation Letter, the uncle stopped responding to my email. The Aunty who I even ran to, after showing them the number of refusals for Remote job interviews on grounds that my geographic Location was prohibitive for them, Asked me that I should write to the company and asked them to send me an offer letter and then she would send me her own Invitation Letter. I started to ask myself , Should the company send me an offer letter, why then would I be needing an invite from her then? grin They just use me Play that year i come day look like someone way day intermittently stupid grin Even slowpoke come get sense pass me sef ... grin Their own Discouragement pass this one way this timedup whatever guy day do. The only thing left for me to do way back then was to either choose sniper and drink it like Malta guiness or smirnoff ice or Live thru it and work hard for myself for whatever it takes.

I lived thru it, and worked hard for myself , Since then, I swore on my life and the life of my future kids never to ask them for anything that requires help , invites or whatever. This same my aunty complains I have stopped talking to her and what not. That she only wanted the best for me to prove that I should not come to the USA and be a layabout (After sending her several rejection letters for Remote jobs on grounds that I am not in the USA, to help is to joke with me abi? Ok, Weldone.). Basically I do not see any need to talk to them for anything in this lifetime, never again. I am chasing EE now and the same Germany, except that for Germany, I am going to use some Invite. I need Advise on this @Basalt

Thanking You.
Yours,
Gimakon!

The truth is the family members that discourage you from traveling do so because they feel you will become liability to them when you cone around. They don't want to shoulder any additional responsibilities. They know if you come over there you will have to depend on them for some time before you become independent.

Try telling them you got a lucrative job there and the company wants to process your visa and everything you need to stay there. And that you don't need any help from them. You just wanna inform them.. Trust me, they will change the tone. They will even offer to come pick you upbat the airport.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 24, 2020
molybdenum0012:

The truth is the family members that discourage you from traveling do so because they feel you will become liability to them when you cone around. They don't want to shoulder any additional responsibilities. They know if you come over there you will have to depend on them for some time before you become independent.

Try telling them you got a lucrative job there and the company wants to process your visa and everything you need to stay there. And that you don't need any help from them. You just wanna inform them.. Trust me, they will change the tone. They will even offer to come pick you upbat the airport.

Well that was exactly what I told them, and the response is what I told you here. I just feel the best thing is fixing things yourself and Pray to GOD. Thats the only living being who answers prayers and solves problems as it stands .
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by molybdenum0012: 1:42pm On Jan 24, 2020
gimakon:

Well that was exactly what I told them, and the response is what I told you here. I just feel the best thing is fixing things yourself and Pray to GOD. Thats the only living being who answers prayers and solves problems as it stands .

OK, like you rightly said, when a situation is beyond you, you commit it to God.

That some one is your family member does not mean he or she will help you or wants you to succeed. Only God can do that.
Ironically, it may be someone you meet newly who will eventually assist you in realising your dreams. Na do life be oo. Just keep pushing and never give up on your dreams.
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2020
molybdenum0012:

OK, like you rightly said, when a situation is beyond you, you commit it to God.

That some one is your family member does not mean he or she will help you or wants you to succeed. Only God can do that.
Ironically, it may be someone you meet newly who will eventually assist you in realising your dreams. Na do life be oo. Just keep pushing and never give up on your dreams.

Yeah. Any ideas if Germany needs Invite for Schengen visa -C ? Or just hotel Reservation and Itinerary??
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by drakeli: 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2020
gimakon:

Thanking You.
Yours,
Gimakon!

You guys need to understand this. There’s no amount of invitation letter a relative can give you that can affect your visa positively. US embassy doesn’t give a damn about family invitation letter. It’s even a ground for visa rejection. Invitation letter from a family member drops your point for visa approval than add to it. It’s a red light that you may not come back unless you prove to them beyond doubt otherwise.

In addition to that. Bringing someone who is not your biological child to the US just by an uncle or aunty is almost something next to impossible especially if you are over 20 years old. The only thing you can enjoy from such uncles is if they can be sending you dollars.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2020
drakeli:

You guys need to understand this. There’s no amount of invitation letter a relative can give you that can affect your visa positively. US embassy doesn’t give a damn about family invitation letter. It’s even a ground for visa rejection. Invitation letter from a family member drops your point for visa approval than add to it. It’s a red light that you may not come back unless you prove to them beyond doubt otherwise.

Whats your point?
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by drakeli: 2:51pm On Jan 24, 2020
gimakon:

Whats your point?

Stop asking distant relatives for invitation letter. It doesn’t help your visa application. It even hurt your chances of getting it. Someone that doesn’t have a relation in the US will get a visa before you that present a letter from an uncle

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2020
drakeli:

Stop asking distant relatives for invitation letter. It doesn’t help your visa application. It even hurt your chances of getting it. Someone that doesn’t have a relation in the US will get a visa before you that present a letter from an uncle

Unfortunately, I have stopped already and I do not Plan on going to the US at least for now until the next couple of years, 5, 8 maybe 10 years.
The heads up, many thanks. The fact still remains That chapter has completely become a closed one as apparently, better things are in my head than seeking to embark on futile journeys in the name of United States Visas. mxm
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by mrbenjame: 11:39pm On Jan 24, 2020
drnoel:
Pls for those throwing insults around. It has nothing to help the topic on ground.
Lets be matured about our comments and stop the insults, they are uncalled for.
I see the moods have already moved in to start deleting silly comments.
I won't be replying any insults.
Anyone that didn't like my comment should pls deal it their issues.
Cheers!!

Ogaaaaaa! Na wa o. But anyway I must be polite with you. The other guy that talks like you. Do you know he’s a disgrace? I’m just reporting him to you. Because I don’t know how someone will see black and call it white. Maybe he’s just joking or is trying to seek unnecessary attention. But anyway you might still be that same guy but all the same in a polite manner, mind your business you hear?
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by mrbenjame: 12:02am On Jan 25, 2020
drnoel:

Am only going to quote this portion cos I want to react to it specifically; yes it's possible to hire any nanny to look after Ur child but we weren't looking for any nanny. The money to pay the nanny was not the problem but rather the nanny itself (one can't be too careful).
In some cases but only when one pays tax and has a good health insurance one could even get the health insurance to pay for the nanny if one can prove that one is incapacitated to do so (that by the way was the situation we found ourselves then).

The other comments u made like the government raising one about 180 to 200 per child only goes so far and really doesn't cover much or any of the expenses one runs with ones children. Children are expensive in Germany but I see now what entices u to the country. Money is not everything.
The people suffering I mentioned earlier was yes mostly illegals but I also know and met students who ran out of funds and had stress keeping body and soul together.

Like I said, Ur life Ur decision. Let noone discourage u otherwise. My intention wasn't to discourage but to give other perspective to the discussion.
Cheers!!

All your point here is just targeted at discouraging people. You’re so negative in thinking. Do you have relatives at all? I bet they’d be the most unlucky set of being to have someone like you in their lives because you’ll never support anyone from traveling out of the country. That’s a mindset of a saddist and you should stop that. What’s your business if someone doesn’t make it abroad? What on earth would make someone suffer abroad when he/she travels legally? What part of the universe are you from? I’m so disappointed. Better change that lifestyle because you’ll regret it later. Probably that’s how you’ll discourage even your own kids and close relatives when they want to travel out. Must everybody make it here? We are talking about failed country here and how other developed country can help our lives and you’re here disgracing and making fun of yourself by discouraging them. Will you feed them? Who sent you? Just look at the way a full grown adult reasons. You’ve not seen anything about life that’s why you don’t think like a rational being. People like you are the cause of the suffering of many youths in Nigeria. You don’t discourage people Oga you wish them well. If you don’t have anything to say please go and watch zeeworld. Haba! Can you imagine.

11 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Thazard(m): 10:34am On Jan 25, 2020
PhenomenalMorgan:
Nigerians can be professional "tappers" gringrin
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by trigger11(m): 6:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
winkthank God i have Finally been able to recover my nairaland account
Plss poster I read agricultural and environmental engineering seeking to do masters in germany
Plsss what are my chances and field which I can fit in
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by segzyndpep(m): 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2020
styles2009:

You got skills in building, construction and Co? Bricklayer, Painter, Electrician, Handwork and Co. Google the New law starting 1st of march 2020 about working in Germany.
I gave your all the tips, Google: make it in Germany.
Alles Gute.

Thanks so much bro,migrating keep getting harder as i keep spending what i have saved up.it is well.
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by imran90(m): 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2020
Can someone enlighten me more, I saw this information on schengen visa requirements list "a travel medical insurance covering emergency medical, hospitalisation and repatriation (including in case of death). The minimum cover should be of 30.000 EUR. This insurance must be valid for the entire Schengen area and throughout the duration of the stay." €30.000 is around #13.5m.
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by mgbadike81: 8:09pm On Jan 28, 2020
Basalt:

I wish you the best
Nwanne mmadu and fellow lion dallu rinne. Please, how is the job prospects for those that have a master's degree in Geo-informatics? I intend pursuing the master's degree from the university of muenster. Thanks and remain blessed.
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by FocusedHeron: 1:45am On Feb 24, 2020
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Savagethe21st(m): 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
Basalt:

I work three times a week then coupled with mini job I do on Saturdays (got the offer from helping.de) that pays my house rent and small change remaining grin
boss with a good mini job would u still need the money in blocked acc
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
Savagethe21st:
boss with a good mini job would u still need the money in blocked acc

Not at all.
With a house rent of 300-400 and cheap insurance of 30-50 euros

You can live anywhere in Germany with just 600 euros per month job without spending the block account, that is if you are conservative.
The living expenses is on average 100 Euros per month excluding your health insurance bill.
That is if you are conservative and not addicted to smoking or drinking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Deltayankeeboi: 5:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
Basalt:

Not at all.
With a house rent of 300-400 and cheap insurance of 30-50 euros

You can live anywhere in Germany with just 600 euros per month job without spending the block account, that is if you are conservative.
The living expenses is on average 100 Euros per month excluding your health insurance bill.
That is if you are conservative and not addicted to smoking or drinking

Welcome back bro
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 7:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
Check out these points. Some people might not agree with all the points but that's my own controversial view about Deutschland.

1. If you are not the studious type, avoid any of the TU9 Universities.
RWTH Aachen
Tu Berlin
Tu Braunschweig
Tu Darmstadt
Tu Dresden
Leibniz University Hannover
KIT
TU Munich
University of Stuttgart
Also avoid the Universities in Bavaria like LMU etc.
Choose all these schools only and only if you are seriously passionate about education and ready to pass through rigorous academic processes to graduate.

2. If you are not very Sound in Mathematics, avoid any Engineering courses and Information Technology courses especially in Universität. Getting admission is one thing, graduating with a reasonable grade is another. It's easier to study those courses in university of Applied sciences which are more practically oriented and less head aching calculations.

3. Be ready to go for weeks if not months without sex. Because most white girls prefer white boys and most black girls prefer those that already have papers.
Most students masturbate to relieve themselves of sexual urge and focus more on their studies and ofcus nobody will agree they do.

4. Be ready to read instructions, be punctual and follow rules otherwise you will always be a victim of circumstances. No need to type more on this, you will understand better when you come.

5. Be ready to accept NO RESPONSE. In Nigeria, we all see it as an insult when people don't respond our messages. In Deutschland, don't expect all your messages to get a response. Here, no message is a message.

6. Be ready to cook. Unless you are from a very wealthy family, eating out will surely be expensive and you won't be able to eat what you want.

7. Be ready to live a quite lifestyle. If you are the noisy type that always shout like hyenas, Deutschland is not for you. You either learn how to shut your mouth or appear odd to others.

8. Be ready to do things the right way or face the consequences of your mistakes. In Nigeria we are used to ABEG, ABEG when we do things wrong.
Here in Deutschland, it does not work. They are emotionless and don't understand what I am sorry means.
Once a German tells you, I AM SORRY, THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO. My brother, save your stress and face the consequences. It's not racism, it's their lifestyle to be blunt and direct without emotions.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 7:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:

Welcome back bro

Dankeschön
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Gabflex: 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
Basalt:
Check out these points. Some people might not agree with all the points but that's my own controversial view about Deutschland.

1. If you are not the studious type, avoid any of the TU9 Universities.
RWTH Aachen
Tu Berlin
Tu Braunschweig
Tu Darmstadt
Tu Dresden
Leibniz University Hannover
KIT
TU Munich
University of Stuttgart
Also avoid the Universities in Bavaria like LMU etc.
Choose all these schools only and only if you are seriously passionate about education and ready to pass through rigorous academic processes to graduate.

2. If you are not very Sound in Mathematics, avoid any Engineering courses and Information Technology courses especially in Universität. Getting admission is one thing, graduating with a reasonable grade is another. It's easier to study those courses in university of Applied sciences which are more practically oriented and less head aching calculations.

3. Be ready to go for weeks if not months without sex. Because most white girls prefer white boys and most black girls prefer those that already have papers.
Most students masturbate to relieve themselves of sexual urge and focus more on their studies and ofcus nobody will agree they do.

4. Be ready to read instructions, be punctual and follow rules otherwise you will always be a victim of circumstances. No need to type more on this, you will understand better when you come.

5. Be ready to accept NO RESPONSE. In Nigeria, we all see it as an insult when people don't respond our messages. In Deutschland, don't expect all your messages to get a response. Here, no message is a message.

6. Be ready to cook. Unless you are from a very wealthy family, eating out will surely be expensive and you won't be able to eat what you want.

7. Be ready to live a quite lifestyle. If you are the noisy type that always shout like hyenas, Deutschland is not for you. You either learn how to shut your mouth or appear odd to others.

8. Be ready to do things the right way or face the consequences of your mistakes. In Nigeria we are used to ABEG, ABEG when we do things wrong.
Here in Deutschland, it does not work. They are emotionless and don't understand what I am sorry means.
Once a German tells you, I AM SORRY, THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO. My brother, save your stress and face the consequences. It's not racism, it's their lifestyle to be blunt and direct without emotions.
good analysis bro

2 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by BelieverDE: 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2020
Basalt:
Happy New Year everyone.
During these days of silence, I was able to meet with many experienced people who were all students before and now comfortably working.
One (29yrs) is working in NRW as an environmental scientist on a salary scale of 52k per year and he got the job within 4 months of graduation.
I asked him for his secrets and he told me that I should worry less about the course I am studying and focus on personal development. That even if I am studying how to cut cook food in Germany, I should learn it well and be able to hold a conversation in Deutsch.
He also mentioned that I should try all means to learn any programming language related to my field.
He said for my field, I need to learn Python/Matlab and how to use it to analyze data very well.
That by now I should be aware that I should be working on getting at least B2 German certificate before graduating and if possible convert my Nigerian driver's license to a German driver's license.
He said many things all centered on self-development.
Hey Basalt,

It's been a while. How're you doing?

I hope you've able to improve your German language skill or learn python for Data analysis?

I just re-read your thread and it's really thrilling reading your posts.

I just wanted to remind you of this smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Toyota Hillux Involved In Accident On Katampe-Abuja. (Graphic pics) / Osogbo, Osun Drone shots (Photos) / Private Jet With VIPs Onboard Crash-Lands In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.