Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,057 members, 7,956,949 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad (59569 Views)

Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK / Joe Igbokwe: "Air Peace Blocked Me From Travelling, Shocked Me" / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by lasthero: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2019
Muleriders:

Judging from all your stupid writeups all over nairaland, you didn't sound like someone who have been outside the shores of this country. Infact, you sounded bittered like someone who Walter Carrington has slammed over and over again.

You comparing a place with law, orderliness, reasonable environment to ketu shows that you are daft.

You comparing where people don't see cars as an achievement, where basic amenities is not something to fast and pray on, to a country where you have to share testimony in church because you bought a 2001 corolla shows you are dumb.

Comparing a place where you get quality education, world class infrastructure, and global exposure to a place where education is a complete mess shows that you are sick.

Comparing a place where police and security forces are happy rendering service to you in a rapid response to a place where it takes pizza 5mins to deliver while police and fire service takes 10hours shows you are insane.

Comparing a place where you can walk into any firm, submit application and get employed without having to know anybody to a place where the first question to be asked is "who referred you?, do you know anybody here?" shows you are lunatic.

Comparing a place where County, individuals and government is ready to assist you to grow, a place where every startups like fintech, farm crowdy, paystack and the likes run to to get start up fund to Nigeria where the government will literally kill your business with nepa bills, local govt levy, state levy, association levy, Union levy, shows that you are re-tarded.

Comparing a place where you can enjoy stable water, 24hrs light, access to resources, average car, and even buy house on mortgage even when you are earning $10 per hour to a place where you will struggle to earn 80k monthly on average. From it, 10k goes to generator fuelling, 10k goes to nepa without light, armed robbers will also have Thier shares shows that you are brain sick.

Comparing a place where I can wear deadlock, tattoo, and even army camo, and I won't be scared of intimidation. Infact, they will be happy to take pictures with you to a place where sarz will harass you and even shoot you because you are using iPhone shows you are crazy.

Comparing a place where lecturers and instructors are happy to teach you and make you great to a place where lecturers will boldly tell you that you will fail a course and you dare not revolt shows that you are mentality deranged.

I work just 20hours weekly cos I'm a student, I own an average car, rent my own apartment, enjoy 24hrs light, water, good road, healthcare, and World class resources,
Just imagine what it will look like if I'm a full time worker. This are basic things I never enjoyed with my 100k salary working from 7am to 7pm while in Nigeria

I'm done with you and will never reply you again.

My advice to everyone, if you have the chance and opportunity to migrate legally, please do. Your next generation will be forever grateful to you.

Brutality + fatality + flawless victory grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by saipn: 8:42am On Nov 29, 2019
timesupreloaded:
Back for the second time. If i decide to counter all what you wrote up there you will be forced to take a sleeping pill. All what you wrote there are featherweight. Your punches are too weak. I will let it pass
shut up mumu ode oshi even your so called president will attest to the salient points the guy mentioned here

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by AngelicBeing: 8:43am On Nov 29, 2019
Muleriders:

Judging from all your stupid writeups all over nairaland, you didn't sound like someone who have been outside the shores of this country. Infact, you sounded bittered like someone who Walter Carrington has slammed over and over again.

You comparing a place with law, orderliness, reasonable environment to ketu shows that you are daft.

You comparing where people don't see cars as an achievement, where basic amenities is not something to fast and pray on, to a country where you have to share testimony in church because you bought a 2001 corolla shows you are dumb.

Comparing a place where you get quality education, world class infrastructure, and global exposure to a place where education is a complete mess shows that you are sick.

Comparing a place where police and security forces are happy rendering service to you in a rapid response to a place where it takes pizza 5mins to deliver while police and fire service takes 10hours shows you are insane.

Comparing a place where you can walk into any firm, submit application and get employed without having to know anybody to a place where the first question to be asked is "who referred you?, do you know anybody here?" shows you are lunatic.

Comparing a place where County, individuals and government is ready to assist you to grow, a place where every startups like fintech, farm crowdy, paystack and the likes run to to get start up fund to Nigeria where the government will literally kill your business with nepa bills, local govt levy, state levy, association levy, Union levy, shows that you are re-tarded.

Comparing a place where you can enjoy stable water, 24hrs light, access to resources, average car, and even buy house on mortgage even when you are earning $10 per hour to a place where you will struggle to earn 80k monthly on average. From it, 10k goes to generator fuelling, 10k goes to nepa without light, armed robbers will also have Thier shares shows that you are brain sick.

Comparing a place where I can wear deadlock, tattoo, and even army camo, and I won't be scared of intimidation. Infact, they will be happy to take pictures with you to a place where sarz will harass you and even shoot you because you are using iPhone shows you are crazy.

Comparing a place where lecturers and instructors are happy to teach you and make you great to a place where lecturers will boldly tell you that you will fail a course and you dare not revolt shows that you are mentality deranged.

I work just 20hours weekly cos I'm a student, I own an average car, rent my own apartment, enjoy 24hrs light, water, good road, healthcare, and World class resources,
Just imagine what it will look like if I'm a full time worker. This are basic things I never enjoyed with my 100k salary working from 7am to 7pm while in Nigeria

My advice to everyone, if you have the chance and opportunity to migrate legally, please do. Your next generation will be forever grateful to you.
Gbam, Gbamer, gbamest, Shout it louder from the top of Mount Everest so that the citizens in Nigeria will hear it very well, this are exactly some of my gospel on Nairaland and other forums l belong to, but they call me unpatriotic, slave of the white man, no place like home bulshit etc, if only they are opportuned to live in a saner clime they will weep for the years they have lived and wasted in the Eldorado they call home.

I will not talk more than this, let them continue to enjoy all the honey and sugar been dished out by the rapist politicians they adored / clap for daily.

Abeg let me go get my hot Starbucks Coffee and head back ontop of Mount Everest where I currently reside.

I will be looking at Nigeria from afar off as a visitor but to live or call that place a home, mba, I will not be missed by Nigeria but I pity some of my friends and few relatives going through hardtimes in that country other than that, l absolutely don't miss that country, I will not or never in my life call that place a home and if I have to come back to this world again, the celestial forces Abeg make una no reincarnate me to anything called Nigeria or Naija, rubbish angry

I even regretted for not leaving when I was in primary 5 when the opportunity was there for me to be taken out of the country but I am happy that I left eventually decades ago, nonsense and ingredients grin

20 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by DexterousOne(m): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2019
Muleriders:

Brutality shocked shocked

7 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by molybdenum0012: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2019
There is something I notice about Timeisupreloaded and co. Lunacy!

I can assure you that not everyone using Nairaland is sane. That's the truth. The proof is there for all to see.

I think it is better we ignore them or have the mod ban them for life if possible.

Is it not the same Naija have been living more than 7 years post NYSC without any tangible jobs. More than 70% of my course mates are still struggling big time after graduation. Those who got a good job on merit are infinitesmal compare to those who got it via slot.

Many of my friends who have first class degree even at MSC level are still struggling, some of them are now applying for scholarships abroad to flee this country and never return.

As someone who is into research and writing for students I get 99% of my jobs from students living abroad 'cos they have more cash to spend as some of them work part-time.

My opinion is: those guys know the truth. They are just troll looking for trouble. Make we ignore them abeg.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by solidworks(m): 11:09am On Nov 29, 2019
Basalt:
sorry guys for being away for long. unfailingly I will update the thread and answer all the questions this week. Work, school and language course wan finish me up to the extent that I failed to honor the invitation of a pretty girl with nice ass . Something that I have never done since I was born.
I just reuturned now and preparing for lectures. If I come back by 4pm, I sleep and wake up by 10pm for another night job. This is what I do 5days in a week except weekends and still attend all the classes from A to Z and do all the asignments. Its really not easy but I will create time this weekend and attend to all questions.

You can still add more questions so that I attend to them once this weekend, after the weekend, we wait again for another weekend. The workload is crazy but for sure it will be lesser on February when I must have finished many courses

In order to avoid family spending the money can I open block account, while waiting for admission letter?
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by DexterousOne(m): 11:30am On Nov 29, 2019
molybdenum0012:
There is something I notice about Timeisupreloaded and co. Lunacy!

I can assure you that not everyone using Nairaland is sane. That's the truth. The proof is there for all to see.

I think it is better we ignore them or have the mod ban them for life if possible.

Is it not the same Naija have been living more than 7 years post NYSC without any tangible jobs. More than 70% of my course mates are still struggling big time after graduation. Those who got a good job on merit are infinitesmal compare to those who got it via slot.

Many of my friends who have first class degree even at MSC level are still struggling, some of them are now applying for scholarships abroad to flee this country and never return.

As someone who is into research and writing for students I get 99% of my jobs from students living abroad 'cos they have more cash to spend as some of them work part-time.

My opinion is: those guys know the truth. They are just troll looking for trouble. Make we ignore them abeg.

You are right
We should ignore

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by partnerbizn4(m): 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
timesupreloaded:
You just come. Three years from now nobody will hear from you again. When you eventually visit Nigeria 10 years later all your friends you left behind will be running things majorly, that's when you will finally realize you made a great mistake. The happy mood for someone who travels to the US. last for just 12 months. After 12 months eye go clear

Do you really have any particular ish with abroad?
You don't sound as someone impartial.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Gabflex: 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2019
i noticed something about timesupreloaded.
If what he said about traveling to 70% of European countries is true, then he hasnt tasted what naija has offered her citizens, probably his enjoying his mamas inheritance.

bro its my 3rd yr now am done with OND and no job bcz i no sabi anybody and no money to continue.
when i told a friend in ireland that i studied computer science, she told me how hot the course is over there and how demanding it is,
started seeing me like a big boy.
menial jobs can fetch u millions of naira in Europe, a bank friend of mine cant even boast of 500k in one yr.
a childhood friend of mine joined the police bcz no job, he no get 100k for acct and this is his 3rd year serving his country naija.
if i dey uk join army, even if i died at first mission, i will die happily rather than die for this country.

i don vex sef.
who be dat timeshit sef, if e sure 4 u come invest for naija and stop running to those countries u claim.
naija education is lacking behind and u dey talk shit.
i cry for u.

9 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2019
I am back
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
Chriswazo:

I don't want to counter your opinions, but this your last statement is just non.....

Don't look at people that way o, wetin u no know pass u.
Some have other ways to kill their birds. Don't come and be comparing and think u that go to class are "over-productive".

I bonded with someone recently, he just left my side now sef, he looks unserious but only one or two here knows what he has been able to achieve in just 5 years of being here which include what many of us are praying for.

Take this from me, "no one is unserious in Germany". Don't come and be looking ur neighbor, just mind your business look straight and pray ur plans pay o. Nobody advises another here o especially in the light of what u wrote, here no be Nigeria. no be u carry them come and how d go succeed with their own plans, u won't understand. grin

No be person wey call police go always win case sir, just mind your business and pray for grace to see u through grin

Lol. I understand your point. It is not always he that runneth that wins the race but atleast try to run first...
When you come to Rome, you have to be like Romans. Its not the best for somebody to be in Germany for many years without atleast knowing how to communicate with Deutsch let alone act like Germans. You will make it here more when you sabi speak their langauge and develope yourself

5 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
Welcomme:
Bro abeg I mill go carry me enter that place...Na still this teaching job I dey do there...E no get head e no get tail. I have been able to save close to 1m with other hustles

It will be more than enough if you have somebody in Germany willing to write sponsorship letter for you for free. But seeing such a person is like seeing a pregnant virgin unless he is your good uncle or relative.
Without seeing somebody willing to write sponsorship letter for you, then what you have might not be even enough to pay for sponsorship letter sef or barely be enough for sponsorship letter before adding tuition, flight, accomodation, pocket money, money for shopping etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Especially this Nairaland.

It can bury your dreams of getting out of the country. The threats on that travel section alone won't encourage you to leave Lagos for Ogun State.

The easiest way to spot an enemy of progress is when he discourages you from leaving Nigeria legally. Runaway from such people and thank me later.

10 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
Betnomore:
Basalt need your help regarding the Goethe program here in Naija. How do I go about it and is it compulsory.

Its not compulsory but necessary
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2019
mgbadike81:
Aluta lion representing here, please, how much in total do i need for the German masters, money is not really much of a problem although a building project is sucking me dry now. I have my bachelor in Economics and geography, i initially wanted to go for a masters in geoinformatics at the applied university of technology Karlruhe but ran away when i noticed that the courses they offered were totally different from what i took in Nigeria ( they were offering practical courses while i learnt only theoretical ones in Nigeria) but the current situation in Nigeria have become worse than hopeless so i'm seriously thinking of moving out now (it's now more costly compared to 2011 because the price of euro have more than doubled ). Do you think getting a masters (in geographic information system) first in Nigeria before coming over there would be of benefit to me? Thanks and please complete that sex story.

5million will be alright for everything if you are economical and lucky to get a parttime job within a short time of arrival but go with more if money is not the problem
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
useed:
@Op please how much in total landed you in Germany ?.. Please I also heard from folks that Germany is the house of refugees and that you have to compete with refugees and German nationals for jobs, so no jobs for students. Please is that entirely true ?

Depending on how you want it. If you wanna go with the sponsorship letter route, then 2million naira will be Ok if you very very economical and lucky to get part time job within few weeks of arrival (But sponsorship letter is a more risky route).
If you wanna go with block account like me, then budget at least 5million and be very economical
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Pls come and conclude d sex story abeg. U can make d thread more lively by posting pictures

I might be banned if I complete the story because here is travel section, I don't know if Romance stories are permitted.
Pictures will be great but I wanna make this account as anonymous as possible because of private reasons

2 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
timesupreloaded:
You just come. Three years from now nobody will hear from you again. When you eventually visit Nigeria 10 years later all your friends you left behind will be running things majorly, that's when you will finally realize you made a great mistake. The happy mood for someone who travels to the US. last for just 12 months. After 12 months eye go clear

shocked shocked shocked

I am surprised to see this post from somebody that breathes. Did you by any means read my starting story and how I was earning less than 30k in Nigeria since graduating from school before getting this opportunity?
It is people like you who discourage young guys from being better than they would have been, I am not saying that one can't make it in Nigeria but Nigeria no dey favour everybody, like I said in my earlier post, if e favour you then enjoy but if e no favour you like me, then find your way legally if you have the opportunity and believe me you will never regret it, I can attest to it.
Do you know how much I make here in Germany for just a single day of going to work all night? about 40,100 naira, which means in a single day of softwork, I make more than what I was making working like a slave teaching in private school for an entire month in Nigeria (even after tax) and I work 5 times in a week. Do the mathematics for a month bro and stop discouraging people from taking a bold step.
Some people here make in a month what most graduates can't make in an entire year and these people still enjoy 24hrs light and all the basic needs of humans. Nigeria favours only the rich and fortunate ones bro, dont use the minor ones it favours to generalize because many youths are suffering and earning peanuts in Nigeria.
You talk about ten years from now, now tell me, What would I have achieved in ten years as a private school teacher earning less than 30,000 naira?
What grave mistake did I make by deciding to leave private school for an MSc program in Germany?
You are indeed not making any sense at all
I am really so surprised that someone who still breathes and has human sense sounds like this.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by saipn: 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2019
Basalt:

shocked shocked shocked

I am surprised to see this post from somebody that breathes. Did you by any means read my starting story and how I was earning less than 30k in Nigeria since graduating from school before getting this opportunity?
It is people like you who discourage young guys from being better than they would have been, I am not saying that one can't make it in Nigeria but Nigeria no dey favour everybody, like I said in my earlier post, if e favour you then enjoy but if e no favour you like me, then find your way legally if you have the opportunity and believe me you will never regret it, I can attest to it.
Do you know how much I make here in Germany for just a single day of going to work all night? about 40,100 naira, which means in a single day of softwork, I make more than what I was making working like a slave teaching in private school for an entire month in Nigeria (even after tax) and I work 5 times in a week. Do the mathematics for a month bro and stop discouraging people from taking a bold step.
Most people here make in a month what most graduates can't make in an entire year. Nigeria favours only the rich and fortunate ones bro, dont use the minor ones it favours to generalize because many youths are suffering and earning peanuts in Nigeria.
You talk about ten years from now, now tell me, What would I have achieved in ten years as a private school teacher earning less than 30,000 naira?
What grave mistake did I make by deciding to leave private school for an MSc program in Germany?
You are indeed not making any sense at all
I am really so surprised that someone who still breathes and has human sense sounds like this honestly
like someone said earlier not everyone on Nairaland is mentally normal who knows he might be psychic patient. We have lots of them on Nairaland

8 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2019
Muleriders:

Times up,
Timesupreloaded,
Useni etc.

I seriously don't know why you are so engraved in bitterness like this. Few moments on this forum, I have seen several hilarious posts from you on abroad topics.

The fact that you enjoyed suffering and smiling doesn't mean everyone else would..

I pay student insurance here and get vip health treatment,

Paid the same at my undergraduate level in Nigeria and couldn't get ordinary malaria tab.

Here In US, I get to talk to my instructors, challenge them at will, call and mail them at will, a freedom I never enjoyed back in Nigeria University.

Here, nobody, I repeat, nobody can use public forces to humiliate you, but back home, ordinary counsellor will gather police and army to beat up anyone against him.

Here, I don't need to be connected to any politician or richman to get a job or internship I'm qualified for, the case isn't the same back home.

Here, 911 works like magic. Police will get to you within minutes. Back in Nigeria, police will not even answer you if you don't buy fuel for Thier cars or settle them with bribe.

Here, you can rise comfortably to any level because the environment works and favours business. Back in my home country, I have tried 5 separate businesses and failed because of poor economic factor.

Just few semesters here as a student, I have been exposed to world class facilities and resources which I never enjoyed 1/50 of it throughout my entire five years of undergraduate in Nigeria.

Here, you don't have to be rich to own a car, enjoy stable light, water and good road. Back in my hometown. You have to belong to the upper class or middle class to enjoy these.

Here, forces will never take bribe from you or harras you anyhow unlike what police and sarz did to me back in lagos last year December just bacause I had a tinted hair.

The fact that your family member migrated with visit visas and ended up been destitutes and nuisance doesn't mean every other person will.

Like someone said earlier.
If you migrated legally, have abroad education, there is no way you will suffer here because the jobs are there, you go work tire sef.

You were talking about people making it back home.
I spent 9 years of my post bachelors in Nigeria and I can tell you that up till now, none of my level mates whom we graduated together, and even people whom we served together that I'm still in contact with has made a specific limelight apart from regular struggling to stay out of poverty. Except the ones who have access to stolen / fraudulent funds or having rich family backup.

Just shut the fuckup and let everyone who chooses to migrate legally to do that in peace. Enjoy your suffering and let others embrace Thier freedoms

You have said it all. Thanks for these wonderful points.

9 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
timesupreloaded:
Young man who is suffering and smiling? I have visited 60% of the countries in Europe, I lived in America and visited Canada numerous times. I think this is the first time I am giving out such info. Na una dey take all dese things brag I don't. I see America like traveling from Delta state to Benin, no big deal there. Abroad does not give you any advantage over someone living in a war zone. Even in terms of standard of living you are not better than someone living in Ketu or Effurun. Lets stop with all this slave mindset, abroad is nothing. The most frustrated and poorest people reside in America. You see them at every turn. Nobody is bitter here, we must allow the truth to spread

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
I can vow that you have not left the borders of this country since you were born, I even doubt if you have left your state of origin sef.
Nobody, I repeat, nobody who has visited 60% of European countries and USA and Canada will sound this myopic like you just sounded.

Even my 13yr old brother won't sound this bad

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by annie17: 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2019
Basalt:

I might be banned if I complete the story because here is travel section, I don't know if Romance stories are permitted.
Pictures will be great but I wanna make this account as anonymous as possible because of private reasons
it allowed jare, i have read many stories on this section that even included pix.. SO MY GUY I AWAIT UR tory JARE

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by iammiracle1(m): 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
Basalt:

Depending on how you want it. If you wanna go with the sponsorship letter route, then 2million naira will be Ok if you very very economical and lucky to get part time job within few weeks of arrival (But sponsorship letter is a more risky route).
If you wanna go with block account like me, then budget at least 5million and be very economical

Sir please why did you say sponsorship is risky?
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by shady101: 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2019
Muleriders:

Times up,
Timesupreloaded,
Useni etc.

I seriously don't know why you are so engraved in bitterness like this. Few moments on this forum, I have seen several hilarious posts from you on abroad topics.

The fact that you enjoyed suffering and smiling doesn't mean everyone else would..

I pay student insurance here and get vip health treatment,

Paid the same at my undergraduate level in Nigeria and couldn't get ordinary malaria tab.

Here In US, I get to talk to my instructors, challenge them at will, call and mail them at will, a freedom I never enjoyed back in Nigeria University.

Here, nobody, I repeat, nobody can use public forces to humiliate you, but back home, ordinary counsellor will gather police and army to beat up anyone against him.

Here, I don't need to be connected to any politician or richman to get a job or internship I'm qualified for, the case isn't the same back home.

Here, 911 works like magic. Police will get to you within minutes. Back in Nigeria, police will not even answer you if you don't buy fuel for Thier cars or settle them with bribe.

Here, you can rise comfortably to any level because the environment works and favours business. Back in my home country, I have tried 5 separate businesses and failed because of poor economic factor.

Just few semesters here as a student, I have been exposed to world class facilities and resources which I never enjoyed 1/50 of it throughout my entire five years of undergraduate in Nigeria.

Here, you don't have to be rich to own a car, enjoy stable light, water and good road. Back in my hometown. You have to belong to the upper class or middle class to enjoy these.

Here, forces will never take bribe from you or harras you anyhow unlike what police and sarz did to me back in lagos last year December just bacause I had a tinted hair.

The fact that your family member migrated with visit visas and ended up been destitutes and nuisance doesn't mean every other person will.

Like someone said earlier.
If you migrated legally, have abroad education, there is no way you will suffer here because the jobs are there, you go work tire sef.

You were talking about people making it back home.
I spent 9 years of my post bachelors in Nigeria and I can tell you that up till now, none of my level mates whom we graduated together, and even people whom we served together that I'm still in contact with has made a specific limelight apart from regular struggling to stay out of poverty. Except the ones who have access to stolen / fraudulent funds or having rich family backup.

Just shut the fuckup and let everyone who chooses to migrate legally to do that in peace. Enjoy your suffering and let others embrace Thier freedoms
Bro I like the way you made ur points.surviving in naija no be here ooo.as long as u migrate as a student u are good to go.

6 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2019
iammiracle1:

Sir please why did you say sponsorship is risky?

Everything that pays in life is risky but I used the word more risky (than block account).
Sponsorship letter passes through longer verification. The embassy will check the authenticity and also check if the sponsor is financially capable to sponsor someone in Germany and if there is any red flag usually due to the financial status of the sponsors, they will issue you a rejection. Imagine how the applicant will feel when that happens especially those that paid for it and the sponsor is unwilling to listen to him let alone balance him. it is very risky to pay for it but i wont blame anyone who took the risk for his future.
Block account is faster to verify and hardly gets rejected unless your performance during the interview is bad or your admission is fake or something similar.
Even if you get rejected with block account, you still get your money back because you are dealing with government, same cant always be said with sponsorship letter because you getting you SL money back depends on the person involved in the deal

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Chriswazo(m): 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2019
Basalt:

Lol. I understand your point. It is not always he that runneth that wins the race but atleast try to run first...
When you come to Rome, you have to be like Romans. Its not the best for somebody to be in Germany for many years without atleast knowing how to communicate with Deutsch let alone act like Germans. You will make it here more when you sabi speak their langauge and develope yourself

True, Language is indispensable here, i have not disreputed that
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Jacknn: 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2019
Mr basalt,is weekend plz reply my questions
1, I want to know since your undergrad was a geoscience course geology to precise, I want to know if u still opted out for a geology related course,if u actuality did,which course was it??

2, I'm on the verge of sending apps to schools,I'm contemplating if I should go for mining courses,environmental courses,sustainable mining etc than geology or geophysics bkaux of the German economy or I should stick wit geoscience courses

3, since you're there,and UV seen it all with course advice to give,so what's ur take on geology/geophysics courses,should I stick or divert, if derris any course to refer pls let me know,

Let me pm you,pls reply but also help answer my questions here too for benefits of others(geoscientists)
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by shady101: 10:55pm On Nov 30, 2019
Muleriders:

Mukeriders you killed every word,phrase,sentence.thanks for pple like you who are stating facts the way the are.thanks

6 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by austino677(m): 12:01am On Dec 01, 2019
Basalt:

I can vow that you have not left the borders of this country since you were born, I even doubt if you have left your state of origin sef.
Nobody, I repeat, nobody who has visited 60% of European countries and USA and Canada will sound this myopic like you just sounded.

Chai una dey enjoy for Germany... I pray one day God will hear my prayer... Pls send us xmas pictures

2 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 4:14am On Dec 01, 2019
Muleriders:

Hahahahhahhahah. I just read this now and couldn't hold back my laughter cheesy grin.
That guy really have a serious problem. I thinlk he is so pained because he was denied visa because if you check his previous posts, he always criticizes those that talk about migrating out of Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 4:18am On Dec 01, 2019
austino677:
Chai una dey enjoy for Germany... I pray one day God will hear my prayer... Pls send us xmas pictures

Enjoy? My brother, I have not started enjoying yet. I sleep only 2days in my house (Friday and Saturday) and usually 5hrs every day the other remaining days I work.
Its not easy, na why I rarely reply messages during the working days. I really need to pay back my inlaw his money back before the next year, though he is not putting pressure on me but I want to pay it back and then know that every money I make is mine.

7 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Lucasbalo(m): 4:56am On Dec 01, 2019
Basalt:

You all should stop answering that guy. He's a loser. Probably born in a ghetto and probably will die in a ghetto without amounting to much in life.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances / Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) / Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.