Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad (58099 Views)

Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK / Joe Igbokwe: "Air Peace Blocked Me From Travelling, Shocked Me" / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
austino677:
yeah... I wished Germany will be on the list that requires only money
with money you can bypass some things

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by austino677(m): 10:11pm On Dec 01, 2019
Emmyreal124:
with money you can bypass some things
okay
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2019
austino677:
okay
Germany is a nice choice but hope you have considered language and other things

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by LadyHeaven(f): 10:34pm On Dec 01, 2019
austino677:
yeah... I wished Germany will be on the list that requires only money

So far your age isn't to far off, it's doable you just have to put in plenty efforts. GL
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by austino677(m): 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2019
LadyHeaven:

So far your age isn't to far off, it's doable you just have to put in plenty efforts. GL
still in early twenties
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by austino677(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
Emmyreal124:
Germany is a nice choice but hope you have considered language and other things
i like the language and festival culture.. Danke
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2019
austino677:
i like the language and festival culture.. Danke
are you going for biz or edu
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by austino677(m): 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2019
Emmyreal124:
are you going for biz or edu
education
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 01, 2019
austino677:
education
that's great..... Which course bro
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by LadyHeaven(f): 11:02pm On Dec 01, 2019
austino677:
still in early twenties

Good...Worauf wartet ihr noch?
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by austino677(m): 11:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
LadyHeaven:

Good...Worauf wartet ihr noch?
hehehehe i never understand this one
Emmyreal124:
that's great..... Which course bro
business Admin

1 Like

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
austino677:
hehehehe i never understand this onebusiness Admin
nice..... Am aiming for Russia to study psychology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by LadyHeaven(f): 12:02am On Dec 02, 2019
austino677:
hehehehe i never understand this onebusiness Admin

Lol, it means what are you waiting for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by austino677(m): 5:25am On Dec 02, 2019
LadyHeaven:

Lol, it means what are you waiting for?
2020 grin
Emmyreal124:
nice..... Am aiming for Russia to study psychology
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by LadyHeaven(f): 9:25am On Dec 02, 2019
austino677:
2020 grin

Nice, May God bless all our plans and fulfil all our heart desires. amen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by austino677(m): 9:34am On Dec 02, 2019
LadyHeaven:

Nice, May God bless all our plans and fulfil all our heart desires. amen
yeah Amen
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Basalt(m): 10:15am On Dec 02, 2019
timesupreloaded:
You got forgot people make over one million naira daily in the same Nigeria you are running from. Millions of people make that much. Stop using your reality to judge what is happening in the entire country. Nigeria is the richest country in the world. grin cheesy grin grin The kind of money people have in Nigeria is insane. You will soon get the picture then you will remember me. You haven't been studying your environment properly. Western countries are debt pit. They are one deep hole of anxiety and depression

People are making over one million naira daily YES agreed, Dangotes, Otedolas earn more than that, but what percentage of the Nigerian population even have one million naira in their account balance (Just 2500 euros) out of approximately 200 million total population of Nigeria let alone earning 1million in a day?

Oga please, can you do me a favour?
Just stop quoting me.
Your sense of reasoning is just too poor for efficient argument and communication. The best thing is to keep mute because you make more sense when you keep quiet. I will stop honoring your ignorant posts with a response henceforth

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by xest(m): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
Basalt:
Yea, it's me Basalt and I always don't wanna paint words. I am a graduate of Geology from UNN (with over 4point GP).
I received much discouraging advice especially from my relatives in America and even my friends telling me that since I have a high GP and still young I should continue applying for jobs in Nigeria because Abroad is no longer what it used to be. I was listening to their lies and applying to non existing jobs for complete 2YRS.
Out of all those applications, I was able to secure only private school jobs which paid less than 30,000 with lots of stress on my life. After 2years of frustration and earning like a rat, I came back to my senses.

I sold everything I had, borrowed money from my elder sister's husband (God bless them for me) and entered Germany last month on student visa because to me, all die na die (even if I perish in Germany I will perish happily than continue crying in silence in Nigeria)

On getting here mehn, the first thing I regreted was not leaving Nigeria earlier. I blamed myself for listening to their lies and discouragement all these while thats why I deem it important to open this thread and pray Moderator pushes it to the front page because I know there are many people receiving such discouragement as we speak.
within three weeks of comming here, I have a part-time job that pays me 13.5 euros per hour (I work for 80hrs per month) in addition to that, I have one mini job that pays me 445 euros per month.

My accommodation is 350 Euros per month and my living expenses are about 150 Euros a month or highest 200 if I spend heavily.
In addition to that, I have access to a world-class education for almost free and stand a better chance of getting a professional job after my masters and you know what that means?
Now do the Maths and tell me how it is not better than less than 30,000 Naira which I was earning in Nigeria before leaving?

Some people will say I am lucky but honestly, I am yet to see any student in Germany die of hunger here unless he is lazy.
I repeat, NEVER you listen to anyone telling you to remain in Nigeria UNLESS you are earning fat salary in Nigeria, even the so-called politicians send their children here.
You are right my brother. They will tell you to stay back in Nigeria, yet they are still there hustling. Hypocrisy. Bro enjoy your stay, thanks for the info

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by lifeofkelvino(m): 11:31am On Dec 02, 2019
Basalt:

People are making over one million naira daily YES agreed, Dangotes, Otedolas earn more than that, but what percentage of the Nigerian population even have one million naira in their account balance (Just 2500 euros) out of approximately 200 million total population of Nigeria let alone earning 1million in a day?

Oga please, can you do me a favour?
Just stop quoting me.
Your sense of reasoning is just too poor for efficient argument and communication. The best thing is to keep mute because you make more sense when you keep quiet. I will stop honoring your ignorant posts with a response henceforth

Baba.... Abeg leave that guy...

Seems like you don't know him

He will derail your thread ..

Answer my question biko

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by NONNYG: 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2019
lifeofkelvino:

Baba.... Abeg leave that guy...

Seems like you don't know him

He will derail your thread ..

Answer my question biko
That guy is from Jupitergrin

I agree with OP, he make more sense when he keep quiet

6 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by bigdan4u: 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2019
lifeofkelvino:

Lol.... I earn more than $3k+ on a very good month sef... However, it affected my Education a lot.

But money here does not guarantee quality of life here. That's why I want to move.

Bro please oh... I need to know how, I meant earning such amount through freelancing. Please help guys out here..thanks
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
timesupreloaded:
You got forgot people make over one million naira daily in the same Nigeria you are running from. Millions of people make that much. Stop using your reality to judge what is happening in the entire country. Nigeria is the richest country in the world. The kind of money people have in Nigeria is insane. You will soon get the picture then you will remember me. You haven't been studying your environment properly. Western countries are debt pit. They are one deep hole of anxiety and depression
So In a country of 200Million people, Millions of people make over 1 million naira Daily and yet Nigeria is the world capital of poverty with millions of jobless youths. The same Nigeria is the richest country in the world, even with 80% of the worlds richest in the USA and just 1 billionaire in Nigeria? Even if you're trying to make a point, you ended up proving your level of stupidity is beyond bone of contention. Honestly, no one should reply this fellow, you really can't argue with stupid people. I wonder how people like this have access to internet in the first place angry

13 Likes

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Emmyk(m): 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
lifeofkelvino:

Lol.... I earn more than $3k+ on a very good month sef... However, it affected my Education a lot.

But money here does not guarantee quality of life here. That's why I want to move.
Just curious... how has earning 1M not improved the quality of your life when your dad still pays your bills? undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Glistinin(m): 1:35am On Dec 04, 2019
timesupreloaded:
Young man you need help. Only unserious people make such comments. I will send you 50k for the weekend but you must come back here and screenshot the transaction slip for everyone to see. Poverty capital of the world where people own their houses and cars. It is just the third day of December and I already gave out 200k to three of my friends getting married this month. You need to change your circle of friends. You are blind and need someone to open your eyes. Follow who know road
Oga show me road na?
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by maximusprime2000: 7:22am On Dec 04, 2019
timesupreloaded:
Young man you need help. Only unserious people make such comments. I will send you 50k for the weekend but you must come back here and screenshot the transaction slip for everyone to see. Poverty capital of the world where people own their houses and cars. It is just the third day of December and I already gave out 200k to three of my friends getting married this month. You need to change your circle of friends. You are blind and need someone to open your eyes. Follow who know road

are you for real. abeg show me the way for this jungle brother. i go do screenshot on every thread here.
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Goodgod213: 8:52am On Dec 04, 2019
maximusprime2000:

are you for real. abeg show me the way for this jungle brother. i go do screenshot on every thread here.

Lol your comment made me laugh this morning. That dude is active on Jobs and Vacancy section derailing Job posters and calling them sorts of names. He doesn’t have up to 7k in his account honestly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by CalebCC: 9:14am On Dec 04, 2019
I love the story on this thread it’s an amazing one I’m happy for you
Please I want to ask a question,,,I just passed my toefl exam now I’m confused I only have ND and Neco result I want to know if it’s poss To use neco result to apply to Germany university
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 04, 2019
timesupreloaded:
Oga, abeg I need work o, help a jobless brother..
After my Nysc for Jeremi, no work bro, I studied computer science, but no job yet, my laptop was stolen, I save money sent to a trusted friend in Lagos to help me get a fairly used laptop, I never hear from him since then, else I for don go far for programming/coding
Since you're into building abeg, help out with work coz I dey follow my friend dey do electrical work, but work no dey since...We don come, Edjeba, kiagbodo , kaiama & otuoke come do electrical work in the past
Re: DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad by maximusprime2000: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2019
Goodgod213:

Lol your comment made me laugh this morning. That dude is active on Jobs and Vacancy section derailing Job posters and calling them sorts of names. He doesn’t have up to 7k in his account honestly

lol, dude must be a robot. laugh wan kill me for here o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Osogbo, Osun Drone shots (Photos) / Toyota Hillux Involved In Accident On Katampe-Abuja. (Graphic pics) / Private Jet With VIPs Onboard Crash-Lands In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.