Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) (46298 Views)

How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem / Is This The Best Car For Nigerian Roads? - Photos / The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hmmm!
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by showafrica(m): 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
Honda get PHD for suspension matter..

1 Like

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by shalomt4321: 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
Only the old Honda cars
Dating back to 2003 cars would be having such ball joint problems
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2019
Honda trying to do damage control.

Why do people think it is a Nigerian road problem? This balljoint issue happens abroad too- same Honda.

Mind you, I am a Honda fan. I will pick it over that slaykwin who is only interested in her looks (i.e)Toyota. It however doesn't change the fact that the Accord in particular has this issue in its pre-07/08 series. Yea, I pushed it to 08 because it is right there in the EOD and DC.

That said, Nigerians have bad maintainance culture. They also do not use OEM parts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by cybertron88: 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2019
Honda any day. Have driven 3 different models and never experienced ball joint issue for once.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by berrystunn(m): 8:29pm On Oct 27, 2019
Bad road
With Off road cars
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by GhostWisperer: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
oz4real83:
For every one other car product with failed ball joint, you will have 50 hondas grin
OP is a Honda fan boy with chronic low self-esteem.

1 Like

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by lereinter(m): 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
selfmadeOLX:
I noticed 2 Honda Accords last week alone.
First was a babyboy at NNPC Ejigbo.
Second was an EOD at national, Ikeja just yesterday and it caused serious traffic lol.

The problem is not the car, its the owners.

If you see another maker, let us know
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by htweet(m): 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2019
uboma:
Where are them fans of Mercedes Benz?

That Benz own is photoshopped! grin

1 Like

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by NWANICHODE: 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2019
Why is it that people like taking Panadol for another person's headache? Hunda users complain less. I have used the so called EOD for 6 years yet no issue. But people are always asking how am copping. Nawao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by sprints1: 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2019
Raysleek:
It's mostly hondas. Tho I remember those days Mercedes 190 and 230 were common with these problems
power steering what do expect.. as for hondas that is there issue same with some toyota brands where every two months you will buy brake pads be it anywhere hondas still produces the best engine in asia

3 Likes

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by EbideiJeremiah6(m): 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
uboma:

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by LabDNA: 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
My honda ball joint failed me 2 years ago as I was negotiating a bend while climbing down a hilly tarred road. It happened in the evening around 8pm. I put out the caution signs and abandoned the car.

After repairs, it has never failed me again since then even though I must drive on at least 23 potholes and mini-pits when driving to work every morning.
I'm still patiently waiting for it to happen again.

You can't keep driving on 46 pot-holes everyday for 3 years and expect all to be well with your ball joints and tie rods forever. That will be madness.

5 Likes

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by sprints1: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
NWANICHODE:
Why is it that people like taking Panadol for another person's headache? Hunda users complain less. I have used the so called EOD for 6 years yet no issue. But people are always asking how am copping. Nawao
i wonder why people still say toyota is better than its a big lie na those mechanic dey spoil honda becos it does not get fault easily. aside from ball joint would have been flawless and most people are guilty of the ball joint issue be mindful always try be careful with bumpy roads and also be careful when drifting or turning into junction dont turn the steering completely this will help reduce ball joint issue

7 Likes

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
Bad roads are the Major cause of this problem.
Nigerian bad roads ruined my 2017 AMG SUV benz.

1 Like

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
uboma:

we dey here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by hatchy(f): 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
post=83514817:
This is the summary of the whole thread : Everything boils down to maintenance and paying attention to your car

So far, we've never had this issue on any of the Honda vehicles all of us @[color=#006600][/color] has driven and still driving.

Nigerian roads do not help matters at all also.
Abeg go and die....

We're talking of cars here and not dead meat suya.

4 Likes

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ignore losers in life cheesy wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by mu2sa2: 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
showafrica:
Honda get PHD for suspension matter..
It's professorship, I tell you.All those blaming the roads are trying to shift blame. This phenomenon is mostly associated with honda; other brands record is good. Honda disappoints even if you drive on smooth roads only. Let's not deny honda (at least eod downwards)the unenviable title of "king of ball joint failure."

2 Likes

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Iko5000: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
This issue happens mostly in places where there is lot of bad roads and bad car maintenance
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by duality(m): 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
Of course some persons will blame the owners.

Abegyyhh

Let those who have experienced it give their testimony.

nobody wants to experience that bullshhit abeg.

Na only Honda owners no dey maintain their cars?

I would have preferred if the @op, offered solutions to the dangerous thing.
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Conceptman: 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
BMW is the best but can be expensive maintaining but no ball joint issues

Contact Concept Aluminium Services for your aluminium window projects, casement, casement with burglary,sliding etc, we offer great services and affordable prices, Tel:09034377258 WhatsApp
Email: conceptaluminiumservice@yahoo.com
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by symbianDON(m): 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
peeps keep sayin honda this, honda that but I wonder why honda ball joints only fail in Nigeria.....it all boils down to maintenance and not car brand. word!
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by duality(m): 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
mu2sa2:
It's professorship, I tell you.All those blaming the roads are trying to shift blame. This phenomenon is mostly associated with honda; other brands record is good. Honda disappoints even if you drive on smooth roads only. Let's not deny honda (at least eod downwards)the unenviable title king of ball joint failure.

I've see Discussions continue. I've see the evil spirit brand of Honda with pulled out legs in My estate...
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by dazzlingd(m): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
99% of cars with this problem are honda
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by dazzlingd(m): 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
duality:

I've see Discussions continue. I've see the evil spirit brand of Honda with pulled out legs in My estate...

Which kind English be this nitori olohun
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Heffalump(m): 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
We Toyota fans feel proud and strong anytime, anywhere, any weather cheesy

Flog Toyota cars as you like, they will still obey you grin
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by uuzba(m): 9:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
CocoaOla:
Nigerians should blame their un motorable roads sport car in off roads What do you expect

Nigerian should by more of off roads vehicles or car with caterpillar tracks as wheels

We should be using this kind of cars na.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yzink59Vvo
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by uboma(m): 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
htweet:

That Benz own is photoshopped! grin

If this will console them, I am in but the truth remains....
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by tete7000(m): 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
selfmadeOLX:
I noticed 2 Honda Accords last week alone.
First was a babyboy at NNPC Ejigbo.
Second was an EOD at national, Ikeja just yesterday and it caused serious traffic lol.

The problem is not the car, its the owners.

When a car with inherent problem meet careless owner, it becomes double jeopardy. The reason Hondas have more occurrences than other cars...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Car With Ankara Paint / Tesla Driverless Car Crashes Into Tree & Bursts Into Flames In Texas, Killing 2 / FRSC Car Carrying Luggage At Osogbo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.