Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,131 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) (46297 Views)

How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem / Is This The Best Car For Nigerian Roads? - Photos / The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Jamersirwin1971: 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
Years ago I used Honda for 5 years and had the joints removed 3 times . With my Toyota which have been using for 7 years now . I have no join removal . All has been good .
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Platony(m): 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
And d award for the highest car dislocation goes toooooo......

HONDA undecided
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by bilulu(m): 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
post=83514817:
This is the summary of the whole thread : Everything boils down to maintenance and paying attention to your car

So far, we've never had this issue on any of the Honda vehicles all of us @[color=#006600][/color] has driven and still driving.

Nigerian roads do not help matters at all also.
How can you say Nigerian roads don’t help when Buhari and all apc governors have tiled all d roads in Nigeria....
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by femi4: 10:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
In my 9yrs with honda, i changed ball joints 8times. Bye bye to honda

2 Likes

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by ofemigeorge(m): 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
femi4:
In my 9yrs with honda, i changed ball joints 8times. Bye bye to honda
Can it happen on top speed and if so whats your experience
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by femi4: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
ofemigeorge:

yes it can but most times it happened at low speed.

I was lucky I was the only one on the road the day it happened at 80km/h
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by majamajic(m): 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
MichaelSokoto:

honda don do dis one sontin taya...

Chai!
grin

ahhh

am using Honda now , since yesterday if i turn full to my right , I dey hear kwa kwa kwa

first thing Monday morning na me and ladipo boys

2 Likes

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by zeestone99(m): 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
sprints1:
i wonder why people still say toyota is better than its a big lie na those mechanic dey spoil honda becos it does not get fault easily. aside from ball joint would have been flawless and most people are guilty of the ball joint issue be mindful always try be careful with bumpy roads and also be careful when drifting or turning into junction dont turn the steering completely this will help reduce ball joint issue

Pls don't ever compare Honda with Toyota in terms of ruggedness. If you say design and interior. I agree with you but not durability or ruggedness. Gracias

For your inverter and solar installations. Call/whatapp 08117398294 or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com, info@mazinegroup.com
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by majamajic(m): 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
ofemigeorge:
on top speed 5% chances , but it's normally on slow motion
or through bad road
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by cerpvad(m): 11:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
I drive EOD. Having experienced ball joints failure a few times, I have observed that the ball joints are two different types. There is the type with a thin neck and the one with a thick neck. I have learnt that the type with a thick neck is durable enough to serve for over a year without pulling off. Despite this, I keep extra ball joint at the car booth in case of emergency.

1 Like

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by zeestone99(m): 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
cerpvad:
I drive EOD. Having experienced ball joints failure a few times, I have observed that the ball joints are two different types. There is the type with a thin neck and the one with a thick neck. I have learnt that the type with a thick neck is durable enough to serve for over a year without pulling off. Despite this, I keep extra ball joint at the car booth in case of emergency.
Toyota users dont do this lol
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Goldenheart(m): 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2019
Honda Leg over...

Customer daada nii
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by DeriNwamamatene: 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
[s]
post=83514817:
This is the summary of the whole thread : Everything boils down to maintenance and paying attention to your car

So far, we've never had this issue on any of the Honda vehicles all of us @[color=#006600][/color] has driven and still driving.

Nigerian roads do not help matters at all also.
[/s]
shatap
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by DeriNwamamatene: 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
[s]
Denikayan:
Honda does not have a ball joint issue

Nigerian roads and maintenance culture are bad.

[/s]

trash
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by cerpvad(m): 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
That Kwa Kwa Kwa sound is as as a result of worn out CV joints which is completely different from ball joints. Sometimes, greasing can solve the problem of noisy CV joints. But if otherwise, you will need to buy a new CV Joint

Note : CV Joint means Constant Velocity Joint
majamajic:

ahhh

am using Honda now , since yesterday if i turn full to my right , I dey hear kwa kwa kwa

first thing Monday morning na me and ladipo boys
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by sprints1: 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
ChristineC:
Toyota is better than Honda generally, this isn't even a debate.
At model levels, you can have a discussion.. but generally abeg no talk am outside.
only few people see in detail your comment shows you are among the majority..let the mechanic keep fooling you
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 11:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
Denikayan:
Honda does not have a ball joint issue

Nigerian roads and maintenance culture are bad.

Na only Honda dey ply the roads? cool
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by sprints1: 11:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
ChristineC:
Toyota is better than Honda generally, this isn't even a debate.
At model levels, you can have a discussion.. but generally abeg no talk am outside.
well let's talk true Toyota hybrids are better than some honda products and easy to maintain but for smooth driving I tip Honda though the maintenance still lies on whoever is driving it..from my experience I prefer Honda cuz of ease while driving though the new model Toyotas are cool
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by cerpvad(m): 11:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
Yes I know. I think the reason is that Toyota ball joints face up with their bolts tightened from top and they don't have upper arms, rather they have stronger shock absorbers supported by bigger absorbers springs . But Honda, especially the Accord, has ball joints fixed upside down with their bolts tightened from underneath. It has weaker front shock absorbers supported by upper arms in the place of bigger and stronger absorbers springs.quote author=zeestone99 post=83519065]
Toyota users dont do this lol[/quote]
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by majamajic(m): 11:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
cerpvad:
That Kwa Kwa Kwa sound is as as a result of worn out CV joints which is completely different from ball joints. Sometimes, greasing can solve the problem of noisy CV joints. But if otherwise, you will need to buy a new CV Joint

Note : CV Joint means Constant Velocity Joint

I tire

let me just go tomorrow and see how far

1 Like

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by NovusHomo(m): 12:08am On Oct 28, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Ball joint failure is one of the faults that scares Nigerians away from buying car brands like Honda. Surprisingly, this ball joint failure issue is not an issue faces by just Honda cars; any other car can be in such condition.

However, everything boils down to maintenance and paying attention to your car. The mechanic that you take your car to also has a cut of the pie. Some mechanics do not do the needful. Some will just not check the car properly, but eventually, will tell you nothing is wrong. You end up taking their word at your own peril.

This is a very common fault in Honda. It is one of the major reasons most Nigerians frown at buying Honda products especially the Accord. A lot of people will tell you they are not ready to experience the “Honda Surprise”. But as we have said earlier, it is not just a fault in Honda cars.

Photos of cars with failed ball joint spotted on Nigerian roads;

Source: https://autojosh.com/cars-failed-ball-joint-nigerian/

Oh well, since nigerian roads are the best in the world, it must be the fault of Honda, Toyota, Mercedes Benz, and other manufacturers. Nonsense.
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by tomdon(m): 1:55am On Oct 28, 2019
selfmadeOLX:
I noticed 2 Honda Accords last week alone.
First was a babyboy at NNPC Ejigbo.
Second was an EOD at national, Ikeja just yesterday and it caused serious traffic lol.

The problem is not the car, its the owners.

It's not the owners
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 28, 2019
Pls does it affect honda city 2006 model sad
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by AMvanquish: 2:22am On Oct 28, 2019
This is issue happened to me twice when I had my DC Accord and no signs whatsoever. All happened when I was taking a sharp bend. I differ from those saying bad maintenance culture bcoz I know I maintain my cars very well and regularly. For me , it all boils down to constant POTHOLES/BAD ROADS and substandard/Chineese OEM parts. These are the main contributors to Honda ball joint failures. I'm done with Honda's for now and in the near future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Car With Ankara Paint / Tesla Driverless Car Crashes Into Tree & Bursts Into Flames In Texas, Killing 2 / FRSC Car Carrying Luggage At Osogbo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.