Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,382 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) (46306 Views)

How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem / Is This The Best Car For Nigerian Roads? - Photos / The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by DeriNwamamatene: 3:49am On Oct 28, 2019
[s]
post=83515345:
Ignore losers in life cheesy wink
[/s]
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 5:15am On Oct 28, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Ball joint failure is one of the faults that scares Nigerians away from buying car brands like Honda. Surprisingly, this ball joint failure issue is not an issue faces by just Honda cars; any other car can be in such condition.

However, everything boils down to maintenance and paying attention to your car. The mechanic that you take your car to also has a cut of the pie. Some mechanics do not do the needful. Some will just not check the car properly, but eventually, will tell you nothing is wrong. You end up taking their word at your own peril.

This is a very common fault in Honda. It is one of the major reasons most Nigerians frown at buying Honda products especially the Accord. A lot of people will tell you they are not ready to experience the “Honda Surprise”. But as we have said earlier, it is not just a fault in Honda cars.

Photos of cars with failed ball joint spotted on Nigerian roads;

Source: https://autojosh.com/cars-failed-ball-joint-nigerian/
/
No vehicle is designed for the Nigerian roads.

One has to buy a vehicle, then customize it for off-road operation before driving it in Nigerian interstate expressways.

Otherwise, it is akin to flushing money down the toilet.

Because the vehicle gave up at a particular spot does not mean that it is where the problem started.

I am still traumatized from driving through Aba-PH during rainy season especially the dreaded Oyingbo portion of the thoroughfare.

/
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Agugbadin: 6:03am On Oct 28, 2019
oz4real83:
For every one other car product with failed ball joint, you will have 50 hondas grin

That is very correct and I agree with you absolutely
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Agugbadin: 6:10am On Oct 28, 2019
donprinyo:
Thank God toyota de absent

Simply the best
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Agugbadin: 6:13am On Oct 28, 2019
htweet:

That Benz own is photoshopped! grin

Benz is the Ultimate German machine
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Agugbadin: 6:25am On Oct 28, 2019
htweet:

That Benz own is photoshopped! grin

Benz is the Ultimate German machine, if you see a Benz with a failed ball joint it is most likely due to bad road but it will give you sign, so also is Toyota, your will hear abnormal noise and you may also feel it on your steering. Honda does not give any warning signs, it looks like a design problem or materials of manufacture, the failure rate is quite high.

1 Like

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by KINGreignn: 6:53am On Oct 28, 2019
Agugbadin:

[s]
Benz is the Ultimate German machine, if you see a Benz with a failed ball joint it is most likely due to bad road but it will give you sign, so also is Toyota, your will hear abnormal noise and you may also feel it on your steering. Honda does not give any warning signs, it looks like a design problem or materials of manufacture, the failure rate is quite high.[/s]

So you know, a Porsche is way more valuable than a Benz.

That excuse you gave to Benz and Toyota and Honda is false.
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by ibechris(m): 7:27am On Oct 28, 2019
donprinyo:

See Toyota as listed above.

1 Like

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by uboma(m): 8:04am On Oct 28, 2019
I saw a Peugeot 307 car with failed ball joint on my way to work this morning.
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Deejaygold(m): 8:22am On Oct 28, 2019
Have you listened to the new single by westlife? Let me introduce to you "MY BLOOD"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5aHw96Lhdw

1 Like

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by dadabashua1(m): 8:54am On Oct 28, 2019
Funny enough people that has never use honda accord before are the ones giving an in-depth analysis about how Honda ball joints failure happen....seen shocking statements already like Honda doesn't give any sign before the ball joint fails....what a terrible statement i must say....90% of people talking about Honda have never used one before funny enough...SMH
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Hondajosh: 9:16am On Oct 28, 2019
dadabashua1:
Funny enough people that has never use honda accord before are the ones giving an in-depth analysis about how Honda ball joints failure happen....seen shocking statements already like Honda doesn't give any sign before the ball joint fails....what a terrible statement i must say....90% of people talking about Honda have never used one before funny enough...SMH

You are right! There are things to put in place to avoid this situation,one is a good engineer/mechanic, second is the maintenance culture of the driver's,you can't abuse your vehicle jumping from pot holes to another without a leg pull, it's a machine! Another is getting the OEM replacement parts for your car, you got a ball joints of 2500 and expect a life time servitude, no Bro, by the way, this issue only happen to the Honda accords & Honda CRV manufactured between 1999 & 2007 simply because their ball joint were poorly designed & couldn't withstand excessive wear & tear. More so, it can be avoided if the driver paid enough attention to them. OEM ball joints could last for several months depending on your driving habit & the kind of road you drive the car on. Later models from 2008 till date don't have that issue anymore including the Honda Accord, Honda City, Honda civic & all newer models.

1 Like

Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by LANREFORWA: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2019
As far as ball joint failure is concern, after Honda is Toyota,especially 4runner and Sequoia. That large Sequoia blocked road due to large size as a result of ball joint failure . am not surprised it is the first picture on the list and some people say Toyota is not listed.

Toyota too has problem of ball joint after Honda. Nissan SUV triumph here. Pathfinder don't have such problems unlike Toyota 4 runner that is common with it. Just they follow mechanic praise Toyota, I wonder how people say Toyota is not there with several Toyota cars even in the pics.
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by KINGreignn: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2019
LANREFORWA:
As far as ball joint failure is concern, after Honda is Toyota,especially 4runner and Sequoia. That large Sequoia blocked road due to large size as a result of ball joint failure . am not surprised it is the first picture on the list and some people say Toyota is not listed.

Toyota too has problem of ball joint after Honda. Nissan SUV triumph here. Pathfinder don't have such problems unlike Toyota 4 runner that is common with it. Just they follow mechanic praise Toyota, I wonder how people say Toyota is not there with several Toyota cars even in the pics.

Rust bucket, electromechanical palava basket,
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by zeestone99(m): 10:49am On Oct 28, 2019
cerpvad:
Yes I know. I think the reason is that Toyota ball joints face up with their bolts tightened from top and they don't have upper arms, rather they have stronger shock absorbers supported by bigger absorbers springs . But Honda, especially the Accord, has ball joints fixed upside down with their bolts tightened from underneath. It has weaker front shock absorbers supported by upper arms in the place of bigger and stronger absorbers springs.quote author=zeestone99 post=83519065]
Toyota users dont do this lol

Bros Toyota all the way o, Honda no match up. I love Honda than Toyota(annoyingly stupid interior) but fear will not let me buy it. Let me use my Toyota jeje and be fixing Bushing and shock absorbers jeje
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by SolarEdge: 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2019
You ve got to understand Honda started making motor cycles , they were very good at that, only branched into making automobiles ,so they re not very good at the wheels, but i agree with OP, failed bow joint is a maintenance issue.

If you re the type of driver who loves riding over potholes and bumps then the honda is not good for you, the wheels of the honda are very light and sensitive.
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2019
ok acknowledged............

buh i have never seen Buhari drive before
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by laptopsale(m): 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2019
donprinyo:
there are two Toyota present baba
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by AmeLonRo(m): 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
How much is the Tokunbo lower ball joint for Honda hala and the upper arm?
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by AmeLonRo(m): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2020
My steering is shaking as I drive. The alignment man said its a mechanic issue as it continued after alignment. What is responsible? I am afraid of speeding now and need to move around. I just replaced the engine with Tokunbo.
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by otabuko(m): 7:34am On Jul 23, 2020
Agugbadin:

Benz is the Ultimate German machine, if you see a Benz with a failed ball joint it is most likely due to bad road but it will give you sign, so also is Toyota, your will hear abnormal noise and you may also feel it on your steering. Honda does not give any warning signs, it looks like a design problem or materials of manufacture, the failure rate is quite high.
Honda gives signs of ball joint issue. Abi you driven all cars?
Re: Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) by ityP(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
sprints1:
i wonder why people still say toyota is better than its a big lie na those mechanic dey spoil honda becos it does not get fault easily. aside from ball joint would have been flawless and most people are guilty of the ball joint issue be mindful always try be careful with bumpy roads and also be careful when drifting or turning into junction dont turn the steering completely this will help reduce ball joint issue

Toyota any day any time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FRSC Car Carrying Luggage At Osogbo (photo) / Tesla Driverless Car Crashes Into Tree & Bursts Into Flames In Texas, Killing 2 / A 2023 Mercedes-Benz AMG G 63 Spotted On Its Way From The Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.