Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

12 Possible Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re Qualified) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 12 Possible Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re Qualified) (22983 Views)

Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose / 5 Possible Reasons You’re Unable To Get A Job / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Possible Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re Qualified) by Alzirida(f): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2019
Private empolyers don't give a Bleep about how succinctly sweet ur CV is.

All they need is ur
1; Experience
2; if u don't have the experience, are u teachable

Personally good CV don't move me until I interview u one on one

3 Likes

Re: 12 Possible Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re Qualified) by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

My surname is straightforward also. Olaniyan means nobility has SWAG. That is to say, we noble people have a special way in which we carry ourselves

Olaniyan, of course that's straightforward, to a Yoruba man, not to someone like me from the Niger Delta.

The way my surname, Okunima sounds convoluted to you, is exactly the same way Olaniyan will sound complicated to an Ibibio, Ukwuani, Urhobo, Ijaw, Isoko or Itsekiri Man.
Re: 12 Possible Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re Qualified) by CanadaOrBust: 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Olaniyan, of course that's straightforward, to a Yoruba man, not to someone like me from the Niger Delta.

The way my surname, Okunima sounds convoluted to you, is exactly the same way Olaniyan will sound complicated to an Ibibio, Ukwuani, Urhobo, Ijaw, Isoko or Itsekiri Man.

Oh, it is a minority name. U should have simply explained so
Re: 12 Possible Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re Qualified) by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:40pm On Oct 28, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Oh, it is a minority name. U should have simply explained so

It's an assignment for you. Go and find out the meaning of Okunima.
Re: 12 Possible Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re Qualified) by CanadaOrBust: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

It's an assignment for you. Go and find out the meaning of Okunima.

Why should I. It sounds convoluted in the major Nigerian languages is all I need to know
Re: 12 Possible Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re Qualified) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Source: https://patrickokunima.com/12-possible-reasons-youre-not-getting-job-offers-even-though-youre-100-qualified/

E be like una no sabi this Patrick before now... He is just seeking for Pple to write CV for and nothing else.

His own job is to write CVS,he forbids seeking for a better job. All this write up is to attract more customers....

Nobody scams more than CV writers. If u can write CVS and can't get someone a job,its absolute thr@sh. This CV writers make u feel you got the worst CV on earth and that 200% reason u haven't gotten a job..all na pure scam. We have been seeing this strategy since 18 AD... Try some other strategies.

1 Like

Re: 12 Possible Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re Qualified) by Yussuf06: 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2019
Please does wearing perfumes to a job interviews affect the outcome?
Re: 12 Possible Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re Qualified) by Ajibade123(m): 3:45am On Oct 31, 2019
see how to easily get that job without much struggle https://explicitsuccess.com/8-ultimate-secrets-get-a-job-without-experience/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Totalenergies EP Nigeria 2024 Recruitment / 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence / Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.