Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,286 members, 7,957,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:48 PM

Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa (15126 Views)

APC Chieftain, Senator Doguwa Defects To PDP / Pa Adebanjo: At 94 I May Not Be Alive. U're The One To Suffer If You Vote Tinubu / Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Area4Area: 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
pazienza:

Croatia exit was very much more significant.
Either way,, doesn't matter who first left.
What matters is that once one left, the rest couldn't envisage Co existing with Serbs anymore .

Substitute Serbs with Hausa-Fulani, and you will see where Nigeria will head to post Biafra.

In fact, the greatest fear of Biafran exit for the Caliphate and her defenders, is not actually Biafra exit, but the chain reactions such exit will trigger down south, and the big sacrifice( Total resource control and autonomy) they would have to sacrifice to stop the cascade.

Get your Biafra first before postulating about things you ain't sure about.
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Basher8583: 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
gidgiddy:

I'm not talking about land borders, I'm talking about international water ways. The essence of using London as an example is to show that being landlocked is different from access to sea. London is landlocked city but has access to sea vis its water ways and handles much British shipping.

If Biafra turns out to be just the South East, it may be landlocked but it will still have access to the Sea via its water ways. Of course Biafra and Nigeria may have to reach an agreement on the movement of people and goods, however, Nigeria is duty bound to honour article 125(1) of UNCLOS which states:

Right of access to and from the sea and freedom of transit

1. Land-locked States shall have the right of access to and from the sea for the purpose of exercising the rights provided for in this Convention including those relating to the freedom of the high seas and the common heritage of mankind. To this end, land-locked States shall enjoy freedom of transit through the territory of transit States by all means of transport.

So anyone who thinks that Nigeria will have the exclusive right to do whatever it likes, or unduly prevent Biafra from having access to the sea, should perish the thought as international law which Nigeria is a signatory to prevents that.

Still dreaming hard. When Naija blocks it go and call UN. It was this "land locked" situation that starved Biafrans the opportunity of winning the war. And you still wanna try it again.
UN cannot help you cause they expect you to know the repercussion of your actions/decisions before asking for a sovereign state.
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Area4Area: 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
Basher8583:

Still dreaming hard. When Naija blocks it go and call UN. It was this "land locked" situation that starved Biafrans the opportunity of winning the war. And you still wanna try it again.
UN cannot help you cause they expect you to know the repercussion of your actions/decisions before asking for a sovereign state.
Don't listen to that one abeg, he thinks nairaland wailing can do anything, all he knows is copying and pasting things he knows nothing about.
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by gidgiddy: 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2019
wirinet:

You are approbating and reprobating at the same time. How can reach an agreement on the movement of people and goods and at the same time not have exclusive rights to do whatever you like.
Are you insinuating that Nigeria does not have exclusive rights on who it's allows into its land, maritime and airspace, because there is a landlocked country within its borders?

Of course Nigeria has a right to decide who or what comes into its land but that not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about water not land.

If one should look at the map of Nigeria below, the tip of Abia state is about 20 nautical miles to the sea and has the Azumini blue River that runs from that tip to Atlantic Ocean. If Biafra builds a River port there, can Nigeria prevent Biafra from using that water way for shipping?

There are international laws that regulate how countries use the seas and water ways and article 125 of UNCLOS obligates Nigeria to allow Biafra make use of that water way
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by gidgiddy: 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
Basher8583:

The only difference is that this time, Biafra would have had referendum and be recognised as an independent country.
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Area4Area: 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2019
gidgiddy:

Of course Nigeria has a right to decide who or what comes into its land but that not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about water not land.

If one should look at the map of Nigeria below, the tip of Abia state is about 20 nautical miles to the sea and has the Azumini blue River that runs from that tip to Atlantic Ocean. If Biafra builds a River port there, can Nigeria prevent Biafra from using that water way for shipping?

There are international laws that regulate how countries use the seas and water ways and article 125 of UNCLOS obligates Nigeria to allow Biafra make use of that water way
Yes Nigeria can prevent it because it is a little inland and not on the Atlantic coast that Biafra can claim international territorial waters. It is not about emptying or being a tributary of the river Niger or Atlantic, is it part of the Atlantic?
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Area4Area: 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
gidgiddy:

The only difference is that this time, Biafra would have had referendum and be recognised as an independent country.
Who gives Biafra the authority to conduct a referendum?
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Basher8583: 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
RTSC:

My friend shut the fucckk up.

Emzor, fidson, Orange, Juhel are Igbo drug companies producing local.
There is no Nigerian alive that have not used their products.
Even the foreign drugs Nigerians depend on for health are imported by Igbos.

It would never be well with you if use their products or any Igbo imports in your life again.

Go and meet dangote to give you drugs or other basic commodities Igbos provide.

Clown.

See him resulting to insults. Na so e pain you reach?

Please note that Fidson and Orange drugs are not Igbo owned. Its not also a privately owned company. The chairman of Fidson is a yoruba man Segun Adebanji.

Being privately owned is not good for such type of business because of decision on quality and standards.

And that's why Emzor and Juhel stands a higher risk of losing out of the drug business.

Nonetheless.......

The only drugs I know Igbos do so well is
COCAINE
METH
CANNABIS SATIVA
you are pros In that field.

Don't believe me ask the Indians, Malaysians and Singaporeans
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Basher8583: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
gidgiddy:

You cannot fight a country that borders round yours. You will always be Nigerias slave/bitch because they will call the shots and theres nothing you or Your newly adopted mother UN can do.
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by pazienza(m): 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
wirinet :

North might be landlocked geographically, but politically it is not landlocked. The north can easy form an alliance with the west to get access to the sea. The north can even get access to the sea through Benin republic or Cameroun as they share borders and the Fulani tribes with these countries.

North is landlocked. Maybe you need to go look up the meaning of being landlocked.

The south east on the other hand apart from being geographically landlocked are also politically landlocked. They have no friends and any alliance they purportly have is force or imposed. They want to impose an alliance with the south south with treats, insults and intimidation, not tact and diplomacy.

Even a Biafra at war in 1967 had allies, let alone an independent Biafra in 21st century.
I will take it that you are merely projecting your Igbophobia as facts here.
I am yet to see how SE ever used threats, insults or intimidation on SS. We are not the ones who moved oil coy headquarters to Lagos, we are not the ones who levelled Odi town, neither are we the ones who felt a SSner isn't fit for a second term presidency slot.
You simply invent and project your nonsense and run with them.

Just because the south east do not have oil in commercial quantity, they fail to understand oil politics. Small weak countries can never resource control. Oil is often controlled by powerful nations. Once Nigeria let go of Niger Delta oil, other countries would fight themselves for control. The various tribes and communities apart from being greedy are already at war with each other. The powerful countries will just arm various tribes, to kill each other while sucking the oil.

Thrash by an impostor. What countries would fight to control SS oil post Biafra? Arewa-Odua republic? What a cheap scare tactics by an impostor. Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, are all rich small oil rich countries and they are doing quite well.
No one is arming anyone to kill each other, they will simply sort themselves out and settle out their differences. They are strong and wise enough to negotiate for peace and enjoy their resources.

Even though the US says it wants to leave Syria, they have held tight onto kurd's oil fields, which Russia is not happy about, because Russia wants the oil fields.

This can happen when you have Islamic extremists to leech on as an imperialist.
No such thing in those areas. They are all Christians.

How will there be war in our territory? How will a war between igbos and yorubas/Hausa-Fulanis be fought on our own soil. You mean the Igbo soldier will March from Umuahia and the Hausa soldier would march from kanu, they would then go to Yenagoa or Warri to fight.

Who is talking Warri here? If Biafra secedes and becomes an independent country as presumed by the OP, she will have right to sea access. If for any reason Ijaw remain part of Nigeria and conspires with Hausa-Fulanis/Yorubas to enforce this, Biafra will resort to violence after it exhausts all peaceful means. It would make for a theatre of war in the area.
But like I said before, this scenario is unlikely, as I had addressed why it would not.

If the igbos declare secession, Nigeria would have to take over the territory to bring it back, not leave it and invade another territory.

This wasn't the subject of this topic. The subject is that an independent Biafra will suffer , because according to contributors here, Nigeria will ensure it's economic strangulation by denying it sea access. That's exactly the point I'm tackling

You think buying weapons on the international stage is like ordering phone from aliexpress? Even Nigeria has to do a lot of lobbying to be able to buy weapons from the US, Russia, Israel, South Africa, China, etc., and you think a separatist group can just order weapons just like that.

An independent Biafra should be able to lobby for weapons, we have men and women of international repute to pull it off. And again, we are talking of an independent Biafra and not a secessionist SE.

The minute a group declares secession unilaterally, they would be branded terrorist by the Federal government, and it would be difficult for countries with diplomatic relations with Nigeria to do business with them.

Wait a minute, it would appear we are having two unrelated discussions here.

I'm speaking of why an independent Biafra will be fine. You seem to be talking about Biafra secession while I'm talking about a Biafra that has already safely negotiated secession, recognized by UN, but having problems with securing sea access because of Nigeria having demonic need to economically strangulate her out of pure hate. We are obviously talking about two unrelated things it would appear.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by RTSC: 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2019
Basher8583:

See him resulting to insults. Na so e pain you reach?

Please note that Fidson and Orange drugs are not Igbo owned. Its not also a privately owned company. The chairman of Fidson is a yoruba man Segun Adebanji.

Being privately owned is not good for such type of business because of decision on quality and standards.

And that's why Emzor and Juhel stands a higher risk of losing out of the drug business.

Nonetheless.......

The only drugs I know Igbos do so well is
COCAINE
METH
CANNABIS SATIVA
you are pros In that field.

Don't believe me ask the Indians, Malaysians and Singaporeans
Clown.
If I insulted you, you would probably off yourself.
Orange, Emzor, Juhel and a host of others are owned by Igbo individuals.
The owner of orange drugs is Tony Ezenna. And that is just one out of many.

Abokii talking about what we contributed or what we don't.
What does an abokii know? grin
Even to Google is a problem.

Go and sniff gutter.
Clown.
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by whirlwind7(m): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Nigeria is a democratic republic and these laws are in operation for now, what makes you think that Biafrans that are now foreigners and aliens would be exempted?
According to Nigeria's alien land act, only corporate companies can buy land and own properties, no private foreigner can, so private Igbo land and property owners would lose all. MTN, Shell etc are free to have properties in Nigeria because these are foreign corporate companies but no foreign individual can, not even the owner of the company.

Botswana, Ethiopia, Switzerland, Austria etc doing better than Nigeria today have agreements with their neighbours with sea access, what agreement does Biafra have in that regard with Nigeria, none.

Biafran students in Nigerian higher institutions would be made to go get their papers and student's Visa's and must pay twice or thrice what Nigerians pay.

Nigeria could decide to redesign her currency after some months and your naira would no longer be acceptable in Nigeria. Some say you'd print Biafran pounds and it would be at par with the British pound and I laugh, what gold or foreign reserve do you have to back up the value? It would tumble like the Zimbabwean dollar, from 1 Biafran pound to a British pound and in a month's time, 1 million Biafran pounds to a British pound. It's no rocket science.

Remember you are surrounded by Nigeria.

So Biafra needs Nigeria for actualization because we don't have any referendum nor secession clause in the constitution and needs Nigeria for the sustainance of Biafra's independence.

As I said earlier, you nor other Igbos don't feel the feel the effect of the laws, become a foreigner and you'd understand.

Very funny grin

All these analysis of yours, based on the assumption that once the SE secedes and becomes a sovereign nation, other regions such as SW, SS and the middle belt will remain in this entity called Nigeria?
You make me laugh.
See, once the SE leaves, other regions will fall over themselves to beat the record of what region is second to leave.
You actually believe Yorubas will remain in a Nigeria that Igbos are not a part of? You believe the SS will stay within same Nigeria? Hehehehe. Pure hallucination.
The middlebelt detests the north as much as other regions do. In fact, most part of the middlebelt will vote to join the south, when push comes to shove.

Next, watch as Hausas and other ethnic group in the north would tell Fulanis to look for their own land to keep their cows.

The only reason Nigeria is still here is because one major ethnic group hasn't left. Once that happens, no other ethnic group would want to have anything to do with an entity called Nigeria.
To believe that Nigeria could exist post Biafra is the imagination of a diseased mind

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by bigfrancis21: 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
What he was saying flew over you, he's only saying that Igbos would now be foreigners in Nigeria.

You'd now need a passport and visa to enter Nigeria( PH, Uyo, Yenagoa, Warri, Calabar etc are all Nigeria) and Biafra would be surrounded by Nigeria.

Since you'd be surrounded by Nigeria, import and export to and from Biafra now depends on the goodwill of Nigeria. Entry of Biafrans into Nigeria and their movement would be strictly controlled by Nigeria

Nigeria would veto Biafra's entry into ECOWAS and Biafrans in these countries would be made to go get their papers and visas.

Nigeria could decide to close her border with Biafra(Benin and Niger reps comes to mind).

These are some of the the things the man was trying to say, remember that these are existing Nigerian laws, Nigeria isn't creating a new law to spite or punish Biafrans, just extending same laws to them since they're now foreigners.

Alien land act would be extended to Biafrans and all their properties all over Nigeria would be seized.

That Igbos don't feel it now is because they are still Nigerian citizens.

I don't understand the part in bold: if Nigeria vetoes as you said but majority other countries vote yes, how would Nigeria's vote matter that much?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Basher8583: 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
RTSC:

Clown.
If I insulted you, you would probably off yourself.
Orange, Emzor, Juhel and a host of others are owned by Igbo individuals.
The owner of orange drugs is Tony Ezenna. And that is just one out of many.

Abokii talking about what we contributed or what we don't.
What does an abokii know? grin
Even to Google is a problem.

Go and sniff gutter.
Clown.

Aboki no no anything.....
But he is the richest man in Africa
And currently the president of Nigeria.

Face it. Na bitternes go kill you last last.
3rd class citizen.
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by RTSC: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2019
Basher8583:

Aboki no no anything.....
But he is the richest man in Africa
And currently the president of Nigeria.

Face it. Na bitternes go kill you last last.
3rd class citizen.
I would rather not have the richest man, but have a significant educated and prosperous middle class.

Abokii.
3rd class citizens with more prosperous, educated and civilised citizens than anywhere in the north.

Clown.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Area4Area: 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
bigfrancis21:

I don't understand the part in bold: if Nigeria vetoes as you said but majority other countries vote yes, how would Nigeria's vote matter that much?
Yes bro, according to the ECOWAS protocols, just one country can veto the entry of a non member even if the rest vote "YES", just one "NO" cancels all the yes.
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Basher8583: 9:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
RTSC:

I would rather not have the richest man, but have a significant educated and prosperous middle class.

Abokii.
3rd class citizens with more prosperous, educated and civilised citizens than anywhere in the north.

Clown.

Lol... Which education....
Prosperous middle-class?....Drug dealing, fraud, ritual and dishonest business does not count.
You can see where illiteracy education has gotten you. A desperate attempt to make life worse for yourselves all because no one can trust you enough to give you audience or position in the nation.
If you were that good and educated, should you be making bad choices back to back for 16+ years...
Okonjo iweala your pride and joy could not even Handle the countries economy in the midst of all those thives....Because she was a thief herself.
I sincerely don't understand what your definition of education means. My advice to you... Look for the root cause of your collective problems and solve it. Maybe in another 30 years time we might be able to trust you. But till then I say good luck to you trying to fight a lost battle

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by RTSC: 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
Basher8583:

Lol... Which education....
Prosperous middle-class?....Drug dealing, fraud, ritual and dishonest business does not count.
You can see where illiteracy education has gotten you. A desperate attempt to make life worse for yourselves all because no one can trust you enough to give you audience or position in the nation.
If you were that good and educated, should you be making bad choices back to back for 16+ years...
Okonjo iweala your pride and joy could not even Handle the countries economy in the midst of all those thives....Because she was a thief herself.
I sincerely don't understand what your definition of education means. My advice to you... Look for the root cause of your collective problems and solve it. Maybe in another 30 years time we might be able to trust you. But till then I say good luck to you trying to fight a lost battle
Illiterate.
The only thing riddled in your post is about politics.
Politics that you will never benefit from.
Only a mad man would think buhari becoming President suddenly means a bragging right because he is a northerner.

Which position have Igbos not gotten since 1999? Apart from the presidency and maybe the vice, which bigger position in Nigerian politics have Igbos not gotten in 16 years?
Is it the Senate presidency or depute Senate?
Is it the Ministry of finance or CBN?
An Igbo man just ran as VP under the biggest party and will run again in 2023.
That is besides the fact that he won the South overwhelmingly.
So what exactly were you saying about trust?

If not that you are irrelevant when it comes to true development, why would you be telling me nonsense about politicians that don't know you or your father, and use it as a bragging right?
Is that not laughable?

How does buhari becoming president help the over 10 million out of school children in the north?

Will it suddenly make their hopeless lives comparable to the South east because the president is from there?
The score to enter unity schools for anambra kids is 139, while in zamfara is 2.
So who is fooling who?
Can't you see that the distance between us is beyond politics?

You don't trust us, yet the leaders you trust have impoverished your generations yet unborn.

What a raving clown.
Go and collect money from buhari if he knows you.
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Basher8583: 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
RTSC:

Illiterate.
The only thing riddled in your post is about politics.
Politics that you will never benefit from.
Only a mad man would think buhari becoming President suddenly means a bragging right because he is a northerner.

Which position have Igbos not gotten since 1999? Apart from the presidency and maybe the vice, which bigger position in Nigerian politics have Igbos not gotten in 16 years?
Is it the Senate presidency or depute Senate?
Is it the Ministry of finance or CBN?
An Igbo man just ran as VP under the biggest party and will run again in 2023.
That is besides the fact that he won the South overwhelmingly.
So what exactly were you saying about trust?

If not that you are irrelevant when it comes to true development, why would you be telling me nonsense about politicians that don't know you or your father, and use it as a bragging right?
Is that not laughable?

How does buhari becoming president help the over 10 million out of school children in the north?

Will it suddenly make their hopeless lives comparable to the South east because the president is from there?
The score to enter unity schools for anambra kids is 139, while in zamfara is 2.
So who is fooling who?
Can't you see that the distance between us is beyond politics?

You don't trust us, yet the leaders you trust have impoverished your generations yet unborn.

What a raving clown.
Go and collect money from buhari if he knows you.

Wow... From clown to"Raving Clown"
It appears Im really pissing you off.
This tin is really paining you oh.
Well let me rub it further.
Remember i stated you guys keep making bad decisions back to back and you are still doing it.
50 year to come we Northerners will still be fvcking you up big time because we are strategist. No noise but strategic planning with result driven orientation.
Have you noticed that the entire land mass of Biafra is not even up to that of Niger state. Lol
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by FACE(m): 11:55am On Nov 04, 2019
gidgiddy:

Let me tell you something you may not know. Theres a big difference between being landlocked and having access to the sea. Both are not the same thing. London is a landlocked city but London handles majority of British shipping. That's because London has waterways that lead from it to ocean such the River Thames and the River Lea. London has several River ports and many barges.

Technology has gone far. Gone are the days when you need a big wharf by the ocean before you can import or export. All you need now are water ways and barges or crane mounted barges. Crane mounted barges can go out to sea, meet a coastliner, discharge or receive goods or containers and return to an inland River port without need for a wharf. One barge can carry hundreds of containers.

A River port can be built in Oguta in Imo or Obuaku in Abia, both Oguta and Obuaku both have tributaries that run from them to the Ocean. Onitsha in Anambra already has a River port

The SE might be landlocked, but it definitely has access to the Sea.

However, Igbo land exceeds the so called SE

The should ask Egypt what happened to them when they tried to nationalise Suez Canal and deny Israel unhindered passage of vessels. They lost Sinai Peninsular, which they regained after several years with abeg.

Although it runs through Egypt and commercially controlled by them, the canal is open to use by all vessels whether commercial or war vessels and in times of war and peace. Simply put, it is international waters running through Egypt and Egypt cannot stop anyone from using it regardless of their flag.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by wirinet(m): 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
FACE:

The should ask Egypt what happened to them when they tried to nationalise Suez Canal and deny Israel unhindered passage of vessels. They lost Sinai Peninsular, which they regained after several years with abeg.

Although it runs through Egypt and commercially controlled by them, the canal is open to use by all vessels whether commercial or war vessels and in times of war and peace. Simply put, it is international waters running through Egypt and Egypt cannot stop anyone from using it regardless of their flag.

Even Israel dare not take over and block the Suez canal. During the 6 day war, Mose Dayan ordered the take over and closure of the Suez canal. The British and the French immediately sent warnings to the government of Israel not to dare touch the canal. Israel not wanting a war with Britain or France withdrew from the canal and left it open throughout the duration of the war.

The same thing with Panama canal. If Panama dare close the canal, the US will view it as a declaration of war.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Yujin(m): 7:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
oilPUSSY:

You are such a very weak and dull impostor..
At least if you want to claim Akwai Ibom man, do that with intelligence and tact so that people won't suspect you, but unfortunately afonjas won't disappoint. They will always exhibit afonja threat knowingly or unknowingly.

You claim to be from Akwa Ibom but call Igbos Okoro forgetting the fact that Akwa Ibom people whom you are impersonating bear the same name ( Afonja you can check the names of Justices that presided over Atikus' case for confirmation) Don't forget to thank me for teaching you what you don't know because you haven't left your brown roof enclave..

Again, Akwa Cross people are not frustrated and broken which is reflection of what you are because your comments are filled with sadness and depression.. Its reflecting all over your comments.

Next time if you want to be an Impostor, check and learn everything about people you intend to impersonate to avoid further embarrassment..

It semns your Ekpeitit moniker is currently blocked ?

I won't stop blaming IGBOSON1 and Tobichimezie for not for not perceiving ewedu that's smelling all over your comments
LWKMD cheesy cheesy Chai. I can perceive the smell of ewedu as far as Bermuda. Bar man, give him one keg of Tombo and a plate of Isiewu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Yujin(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
Tobichimezie:

Any Ibibio person that uses "Okoro" to refer to an Igbo person, is either a mentally unstable person, or simply not a true Ibibio son( I know this cause I grew up among my Ibibio brothers and sisters), lots of my family members are married to Ibibios... we all know which tribe are known to call Igbo's "Okoro"... we're not fools here dude.
Don't mind the bag of hate from the wasteland. He thinks others think like him. Travel is part of knowledge and this comment has exposed his ignorance. He doesn't even know that Urhobos bear the name 'Okoro'. Only Yorubas mockingly call Igbos 'Okoro'.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Yujin(m): 8:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
Coldie:
I once supported Biafra but that was before the age of internet, to my Igbo brothers who claim the victim, that there mothers and Fathers only told them Hausa did this and that, try one day and ask your mama and papa telling u about Biafra to tell u what caused it I bet u 70percent don't know. The only part they know is when heads start rolling and people start dieing.

If u want to hear the truth try and listen from both sides don't just listen your own part.

The day I finally learnt the truth and accepted it, it was as if a huge burden left me, I once hated Nigeria, especially the north but after I learnt the truth I have come to love them, so much that people who know me in person even from other tribes censor there arguments about northerners around me cause I will defend them to my very last.
Lol. Na dem dem; sons of the fallen demon. Always impersonating to cause confusion. It comes naturally to them to seek the failure of others. Hey Mr. Impostor, crawl back from whence you emerged and shut up for life. Your hatred for Igbos will choke you up soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Yujin(m): 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
Malawian:

Even if you "block" the waterways, (which is impossible anyways), will you also prevent planes from landing and taking off in Biafra? You receive goods all the time from DHL, how do they do it? So your Nigeria wont be bothered about how to make their Nigeria work? they will be more invested in how to make sure Biafra don't work. See una life?
This is exactly how the minds of the evil sons of the fallen demon work. All day, they spend their time thinking on how to frustrate any Igbo venture. Take your time and study them and you will arrive at the same conclusion as me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by TorukMakto: 3:16am On Nov 11, 2019
Coldie:
[s]I once supported Biafra but that was before the age of internet, to my Igbo brothers who claim the victim, that there mothers and Fathers only told them Hausa did this and that, try one day and ask your mama and papa telling u about Biafra to tell u what caused it I bet u 70percent don't know. The only part they know is when heads start rolling and people start dieing.

If u want to hear the truth try and listen from both sides don't just listen your own part.

The day I finally learnt the truth and accepted it, it was as if a huge burden left me, I once hated Nigeria, especially the north but after I learnt the truth I have come to love them, so much that people who know me in person even from other tribes censor there arguments about northerners around me cause I will defend them to my very last.[/s]

You're a stupid Muhammedian from the North using Taqiyya to deceive your fellow zombies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Dedetwo(m): 6:41am On Nov 11, 2019
It is embarrassing to think a person with certificate of higher institution reasons and articulates like this jackass. I had rather suffer in Biafra than have numbskull as a compatriot.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Doc10q: 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
Yujin:

Lol. Na dem dem; sons of the fallen demon. Always impersonating to cause confusion. It comes naturally to them to seek the failure of others. Hey Mr. Impostor, crawl back from whence you emerged and shut up for life. Your hatred for Igbos will choke you up soon.

Thank you bro.. U jus said my mind! Any sane person that reads that guy's comment wil fucking see through it that he ain't no frigging ibo. No son of d soil wud utter that trash! They have used 'we SS' strategy and that one failed woefully, now they are using 'we ibos or I'm ibo but biafra this or that' strategy. This ignorant fools never learn. I'm ikwerre ibo from Rivers and we know who our true enemies truly are. If I speak my ikwerre ibo language now and ask that fool who's claiming ibo to translate it to english now(or d other way round), I can bet my ass he won't be able to do it, not to talk of speaking d ordinary ibo from my SE brothers. From that guy's comment, even a person with a leaking brain wud know he's no ibo. I've been following all his stupid comments and I decided to throw this one out.. enough is enough..

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by OgutaLake: 2:46am On Mar 31, 2020
OgutaLake:

If u are Igbo, u are too intelligent to be this petty.

I advise u to stop this Biafra movement its born out of ignorance, if all u posted here is what u are banking on on sea access you will be highly disappointed. Like u said technology has really gone far, instead of wasting your time why don't u use Google maps to confirm your claims.

Its easier for a train or even a road to travel from oguta lake to Onitsha port than a boat talk more of a barge. oguta lake is very narrow and instead of flowing from Onitsha it dies a c turn through Igbo hinterlands far away from Onitsha. Some very narrow.

Everything Area4area is saying is the undiluted truth not fantasy.

Most of u arguing here are arguing fantasy not facts
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by orisa37: 7:05am On Mar 31, 2020
Igbos don't want to secede. BIAFRA wants.
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Uchek(m): 10:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
Why cry more than the bereaved?

gidgiddy:

The mentality of the average Northerner is really strange for me as an Igbo man. What this man is trying to say properties and investments are more important than freedom and sovereignty. So because Igbos are found all over Nigeria, have investments everywhere, they are not entitled to seek their own separate country?

Why is he so concerned about if Igbos will suffer if they secede? Why is he hell bent on "one Nigeria"? It no secret that the average Northerner does not like the Igbo man so why do you want to remain in one country with people you have no love for?

The Northerners are not fooling anyone. The only reason they want Igbos in Nigeria is because they have come to see Nigeria as their private property and Igbos are their slaves, they are not willing to lose that property.

If Northerners start talking about Arewa Republic tomorrow, most Igbos wont even give a damn. In fact, Igbos like me will throw party that they want to go their way.

But if Igbos talk about Biafra, Northerners will start shouting "they will suffer", "they will lose their property", "we will send them home", "one Nigeria for life"

I tire for these people
Re: Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa by Reflect7: 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
Area4Area:
What he was saying flew over you, he's only saying that Igbos would now be foreigners in Nigeria.

You'd now need a passport and visa to enter Nigeria( PH, Uyo, Yenagoa, Warri, Calabar etc are all Nigeria) and Biafra would be surrounded by Nigeria.

Since you'd be surrounded by Nigeria, import and export to and from Biafra now depends on the goodwill of Nigeria. Entry of Biafrans into Nigeria and their movement would be strictly controlled by Nigeria

Nigeria would veto Biafra's entry into ECOWAS and Biafrans in these countries would be made to go get their papers and visas.

Nigeria could decide to close her border with Biafra(Benin and Niger reps comes to mind).

These are some of the the things the man was trying to say, remember that these are existing Nigerian laws, Nigeria isn't creating a new law to spite or punish Biafrans, just extending same laws to them since they're now foreigners.

Alien land act would be extended to Biafrans and all their properties all over Nigeria would be seized.

That Igbos don't feel it now is because they are still Nigerian citizens.

Please educate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Okezie Ikpeazu: I’m Praying For Wike To Win / Kaduna Refinery To Be Ready By Q4 2024, Says Lokpobiri / Fulani Insurgents Expel Tor Tiv From His Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.