Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:29 AM

Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria (47451 Views)

Primary School Pupils In Lagos Inside The Blue Line Train Today (Video) / My Visit To The Ancient Cave Of Ashes... Isarun In Ondo State. (pictures) / My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by OvaSabi1(f): 7:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
The cloud formation is beautiful. Damn.

1 Like

Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by RenHub: 7:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
W
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by 459yoga: 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2019
Cool
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by xmanco42: 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
Yeah I get it. It has to look old else nobody will believe them.
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by Iamdonfrank: 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
That's nice

But

No-one cares

1 Like

Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by lifezone247(m): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2019
tot:

I've heard about the terrible roads as well. Nigeria has a problem honestly. Terrible governance.
not even now that the only way of lively hood (the border) is closed nothing is going on here, 80% of residence in badagry feeds from the borderI myself included. There is no single factory here. No good business to do as everything has been paralyzed. So sad.
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by travelwaka: 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2019
Thank you, you are so right, Badagry has everything it takes to be one of the biggest tourism hubs in Nigeria due to its rich history but the bad roads and so many other factors are preventing it from being so. And the government also need to do something to promote tourism.

tot:
Badagry has so much history, from the slave trade relics to the first storey building and now the first primary school.

Caveat though, I think a lot more would need to be done to make this school a tourism destination.

Great job travelwaka, your posts are always so informative.
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 7:47pm On Oct 28, 2019
Adrian98:
Samsung Galaxy S7 for sale 20k. Dm

Are you sure it's not clone?
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by travelwaka: 7:47pm On Oct 28, 2019
The government are not doing much to drive the necessary development to this area
lifezone247:
as in so so much history, but my dear there is no single development in this place where its supposed to be a tourist attraction. Just try driving from mile 2 trying to visit badagry only the road will discourage you.
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by Stayraptured(m): 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2019
Please where did you get your information from
TheDestroyer:
I just got informed that from November 1st there will be military check points across Nigeria plus stop and search for no reason . Military rule is gradually creeping in mixed with sharia law. Get ready, all of una wey dey laugh sowore go hear word las las since you people love oppression.
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by Adrian98(m): 7:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
Just2endowed2:

Are you sure it's not clone?
No it isn't. The screen is bad and I don't want to fix. I have a new phone
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by travelwaka: 7:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
That's not totally true. Dont always assume, the number of students that goes on esxcursion to Badagry alone alone yearly is crazy despite the bad roads. if it is well packaged into a museum with lots of compelling stories and views it will sell.

ednut1:
truth is no one will want to see this . The slave relics, first storey building and museum are a better option. But how many pple still go there

1 Like

Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by Originalsly: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hmmm.... very interesting. Ghana has turned its Slave history into its biggest tourist attraction. Badagry has all the potential and more...but.... too many too blind to see.
Since the school is abandoned.... we can't look to the FG to take action.... I wonder why none of these with money to waste don't ever think of like buying the building.... maintain it and make it into a tourist attraction. In other countries... that would've been long designated a landmark and managed by the FG.

1 Like

Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by abolem369(m): 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2019
Would love to visit
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by opribo(m): 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2019
Whats the difference between the oldest and the newest.
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by Premiumwriter: 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2019
Patrioticman007:
That's cool. Would You believe southerners only knew how to write & read with the coming of missionaries, while their Northern brothers were busy with compendiums & thesis since 9th century. Another misinformation is that the 1st storey building in Nigeria, was in the 18th, while the truth is that , Hausa land has one thousands and one storeys buildings before the coming of missionaries. Google these facts before you quote me.
so what should we now do.... Clap for you?

1 Like

Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by igboamakaaa: 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2019
Patrioticman007:
That's cool. Would You believe southerners only knew how to write & read with the coming of missionaries, while their Northern brothers were busy with compendiums & thesis since 9th century. Another misinformation is that the 1st storey building in Nigeria, was in the 18th, while the truth is that , Hausa land has one thousands and one storeys buildings before the coming of missionaries. Google these facts before you quote me.

Bros what you said isn't totally true. I don't know about the yorubas but the Igbos have been writing since waay before the missionaries came, in fact it was even the advent of the missionaries that destroyed the igbo writing culture passed down from generations to generations. Do more research before posting these kinds of information browse about Nsibidi and Akagu writing techniques.

2 Likes

Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by Rainbow219(m): 8:31pm On Oct 28, 2019
Rubbish nothing good in this threat. This isn't the first sch in Nigeria
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by DaddyMorenike: 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2019
Why their football pitch be like Stamford Bridge.
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by chukwuibuipob: 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2019
cool iwe kiko lai si oko ati ada.ko i pe o.Ko i pe o.ise agbe ni ise ile wa.Eni ko sise.A ma j'ale....
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by SolarEdge: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
Nice...

You want to enjoy electricity? Check my signature now
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by miqos02(m): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2019
Patrioticman007:
counter this google fact

1 Like

Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by Oladeleodutayo: 9:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
NIGERIA and EDUCATION is like...........
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by tot(f): 9:12pm On Oct 28, 2019
travelwaka:
Thank you, you are so right, Badagry has everything it takes to be one of the biggest tourism hubs in Nigeria due to its rich history but the bad roads and so many other factors are preventing it from being so. And the government also need to do something to promote tourism.

We have a Tourism Board, one just wonders what they are doing. Sigh.
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by omoobaswagga(m): 9:15pm On Oct 28, 2019
The first church in Nigeria is.... St Thomas Anglican Church 1843
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by travelwaka: 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2019
Smiles I have just learn to not look at the bad side else you might get frustrated.

tot:

We have a Tourism Board, one just wonders what they are doing. Sigh.
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by joepepsy(m): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2019
Why are you afraid, if you are not a thief, kidnapper, bandit and ritualist there is nothing to be afraid about of
The estroyer:
I just got informed that from November 1st there will be military check points across Nigeria plus stop and search for no reason . Military rule is gradually creeping in mixed with sharia law. Get ready, all of una wey dey laugh sowore go hear word las las since you people love oppression.
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by tot(f): 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2019
travelwaka:
Smiles I have just learn to not look at the bad side else you might get frustrated.

You are right. I think at some point it would be good for you to contact the tourism board / ministry to see if they can potentially partner with you. What you're doing with a lot of your posts is actually what THEY should be doing so at least they should be able to support in some way.

1 Like

Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by Emperorx: 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
9jayes:
My great grandfather attended this school, he finished his primary school at the age of 19
when school still have value
Re: Travelwaka Visit To The First Primary School In Nigeria by travelwaka: 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2019
You get beautiful sky immediately you step out of the hustle and bustle of Lagos.
OvaSabi1:
The cloud formation is beautiful. Damn.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The First Plane Crash In Nigeria At Igbo Ilapa Hill In Ikogosi, Ekiti In 1942 / Air Peace Flight Lost A Tire While Landing At Lagos Airport / La Campagne Tropicana, The Most Beautiful Beach Resort In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.