Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,061 members, 7,863,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:41 AM

What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! (2344 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach / Help With The Name Of This Gospel Artist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by Enigma(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2010
PS @InesQor

In relation to that thread on infant/child baptism, please see article 95 of the Shorter Catechism and its accompanying footnote.

smiley
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 10:56am On Nov 15, 2010
@Enigma:

Thanks! I just checked Q95 of the Catechism as you said. Interesting smiley Meanwhile I was just being intuitive. JeSoul needs to see this, if she hasn't.

Here is the Link to the Westminster confession:

http://www.presbyterian.ca/files/webfm/ourresources/officialdocs/Westminster_Confession.pdf

And I await the new threads bro. . . smiley
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by Enigma(m): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2010
Thanks InesQor and excuse my laziness of foisting on you the task of finding the pdf. grin

I actually don't tend to sweat the issue of baptism as a matter of debate ---- it's just good to understand the other perspectives. smiley
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by seyibrown(f): 12:40am On Nov 16, 2010
Interesting contributions! Certainly refreshing!
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 5:23pm On Nov 17, 2010
Off-topic:

Finally I met and hung out with nuclearboy today cheesy

Very very interesting. . . smiley cool

Next 10 on my NL meetup wish-list grin are, in no specific order: Viaro, JeSoul, Enigma, pilgrim1, Aletheia, e36991, Deep Sight, noetic, Vescucci, Image123, . . .
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by nuclearboy(m): 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2010
cheesy

Pleasure was mine
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by JeSoul(f): 7:53pm On Nov 17, 2010
^where ra di picshures now? And btw, did both of you pay "off-line meeting fee" to the treasurer before getting together?
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by DeepSight(m): 8:05pm On Nov 17, 2010
InesQor:

Off-topic:

Finally I met and hung out with nuclearboy today cheesy

Very very interesting. . . smiley cool

Next 10 on my NL meetup wish-list grin are, in no specific order: Viaro, JeSoul, Enigma, pilgrim1, Aletheia, e36991, Deep Sight, noetic, Vescucci, Image123, . . .

Hooray! I made the list. I have consistently offerred you peppersoup at a great joint I know. My offer remains open. I will bring a large Chessboard.

What was Nuclearboy like? I imagine him to be portly, of middle-aged weight, average height, very BLACK, shaven, very yoruba, with twinking mischeivous eyes that show a wealth of rich experience whilst retaining the magic of eternal youth and childlikeness. Is he anything like that?

Edit: Why is Pilgrim1 IN RED? ? ? I am sure you are already well acquianted with him HIM

@Jesoul, I dey land your end next week, though i doubt as an African married woman, you can make time to see a STRANGER.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by eyzhvntsn: 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by JeSoul(f): 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2010
Deep Sight:

Hooray! I made the list. I have consistently offerred you peppersoup at a great joint I know. My offer remains open. I will bring a large Chessboard.
  And a video camera too please for the rest of us.

What was Nuclearboy like? I imagine him to be portly, of middle-aged weight, average height, very BLACK, shaven, very yoruba, with twinking mischeivous eyes that show a wealth of rich experience whilst retaining the magic of eternal youth and childlikeness. Is he anything like that?
Kai! Lol

@Jesoul, I dey land your end next week, though i doubt as an African married woman, you can make time to see a STRANGER.
In order of increasing magnitude - there are married african women, and then there are married african women, and then there are married african women married to awesome men  cool you have seen him now abi? So I am taking you to dinner - by force. You have my email and FB, you better let me know when you're in town or else I'll have my contacts at Logan Airport work some magic on you.

sorry for all the off-topic stuff - its InesQor's fault!
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by nuclearboy(m): 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2010
Chei!

Now its confirmed. Its either you're satan himself or at the least a "winch - man".

Replace the twinkling eyes with sad cruel ones, portly with just the rotund belly (they've not delivered my girdle yet), "very" yoruba with yoruba and I think you scored 100%

@Aunty eyzhvntsn:

Whats with the tears? Wetin shele?
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by DeepSight(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2010
nuclearboy:

Replace the twinkling eyes with sad cruel ones,

You always break my heart when you make these allusions.

The other time you said something about a lonely heart being behind every comedian - referring to yourself.

I hope and pray that you find happiness because I sense that you have a wonderful soul.

The darkness of the past is the substance of tomorrow's wisdom.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2010
@Nuclearboy: Yes o. Lol. Deep Sight was spot on except for the eyes. i think your eyes glinted sometimes as we gisted though.

@Deep Sight: alright sir. Sounds like fun but I dunno when yet.

@JeSoul: Oga Madam, no vex for the derailing o! Lol. Hehe. I look forward to meeting you too. I figure sometime next year.

@eyzhvntsn: Sister Im sorry! I managed to skip your name!! Blame my head & not my heart. Shey you will please email me so we can communicate? (remove all the numbers in the email below). Thanks!

i852ne477sqo449r@yahoo.com
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by nuclearboy(m): 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2010
@DS:

If you'll agree to non-disclosure and to reciprocate, xe------@gmail will receive clear views of the eyes. Deal?
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by DeepSight(m): 10:01am On Nov 18, 2010
^^^ deal! ! !
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by eyzhvntsn: 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ nuclearboy, i was crying becos I was not included in the list o.

@ InesQor, thanking u for the inclusion.

Greetings to you all o, JeSoul, DeepSight, Enigma, Altheia, e36991, Image123.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by nuclearboy(m): 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2010
^ I assure you that was your fault for staying under the radar. And we plenty well well that'll be more than delighted to meet you,

In effect, add me to the list.
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by InesQor(m): 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2010
@eyzhvntsn:

kiss You are welcome. So I'm expecting your email! smiley
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by eyzhvntsn: 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2010
^^^Sent already
Re: What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! by eyzhvntsn: 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ nuclearboy, awww!! tx.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of Contaminated Anointing / Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus / The Doctrine Of Imputed Righteousness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.