Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Tribal Wars - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tribal Wars (178 Views)

Tribal Mark Model, Adetutu OJ Leaves Little To The Imagination As She Goes Naked / Did You Remember Nigerian ‘tribal Mark’ Model Adetutu? Showed Her Nudes Again / Pretty Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Goes Viral (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribal Wars by EdobleN(m): 8:53am On Oct 30, 2019
Allow me to juggle your mind a bit.
Just shake your heads if you know what the meaning of these words are, “Tribalism and Nepotism”
Or do you know what these words are?

This refers to the state of giving preferential treatment to an individual not by merit but by clan or cultural relations.
Lemme break this down a little; it simply means giving the right job or opportunity to an individual who doesn't deserve it over those who actually are right for the job.

I'm not going to talk about corruption and terrorism cos that's a long shot.
I'm going to talk about Tribalism and Nepotism cos that's what's not.
Correct me if I'm wrong but how many of you have been to a job interview, aced all them test thrown at you but didn't get the job cos of your…
State of Origin, what color your skin is, nationality or what your mother tongue is.

Tell me, how many of you like the universities you went to?
They told you, study hard, get good grades, apply then you'll be given admission
You carried out that ritual, burning candles and running utility bills, skipping meals only to be rejected the minute your application crossed the gate.

Where will you run to?
We've been conformed to this kinda situation. We've been broken even before we knew we existed.
We know it's wrong, we see the monkey hand steering the wheel but our will to speak out has been broken right before our parents took the training wheels off.

But it is with courage that I stand here and say:
The days of our fathers will soon come to an end.
And it's only natural we take over in their footsteps.
But I pray that the God that we serve goes with us and touch our hearts
To give opportunities to a person not because of who he knows, where he's from, what mother tongue he carries but because of what he can bring to the table..
I pray that God touches… Our Heart
#Quest
For more stories and poems, visit http://storytellss..com

(1) (Reply)

Getting Over Heartbreak Into The Real Man / The Pressure Of Expectation / The Love Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.