Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,840 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? (18180 Views)

Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff / First Bank, Whtycleon Sacking Staff Massively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by blank(f): 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
dinodangana:
Mr brother, ICAN haven't spent more than 5mins to respond to me before sir, stop painting our body as inefficient, ICAN is efficient and professional and that's the reason why we want to join the body, u are contacting the wrong office, send an email to profilehelpdesk@ican.org.ng

He should send an email for a finance enquiry to profile helpdesk? Sounds so stupid. Why did they auto respond and say they will get back to him in 48hrs?

I seriously regret doing ICAN instead of ACCA.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by lereinter(m): 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2019
dinodangana:
Mr brother, ICAN haven't spent more than 5mins to respond to me before sir, stop painting our body as inefficient, ICAN is efficient and professional and that's the reason why we want to join the body, u are contacting the wrong office, send an email to profilehelpdesk@ican.org.ng

Funny man

Always backing irresponsibility, I guess also you are an apc member

Which is faster calling or emailing

If your body was as good as you profess and you don't want it ridiculed just take up his query and rectify it

Come back here to expose it

Ode
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by SissyAda: 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
DanXplore:

I will nominate your post as the most ridiculous post on this thread so far. Why was the card payment option there if it is not effective? Even if he paid five seconds to deadline, he is still in his right.

I have been using card payments for almost all my shopping and have not encountered any problem. Why is ICAN, a regulatory body different? People like you just sicken me. Stop padding incompetence.

Keep nominating... nominater of the year. Is it my fault that Nigeria hasn't gotten it right in some aspect... like you dont know card dispute could take as long as 2-3weeks to rectify. Until you get a first hand experience your clear will eye. It is not by speaking English
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by TGM2015: 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
DanXplore:

You are wrong. I doubt you read the email properly. The Rep requested for "scanned" evidence, not "screenshot" evidence. Only hard copies can be scanned. By implication, he erroneously assumed the OP paid using teller.

Secondly, the whole problem was amplified by their breach of duty of care as a professional. No matter what the case is, they ought to have replied the OP to clarify things or at least pick the OP's call.
That has not invalidate my post. For the representative to track the OP payment s/he needs the payment reference number, which was not included in the OP details. If OP pays through the bank, the printed payment receipt will have a reference number and if s/he pays online, s/he suppose to keep the payment reference number not the transaction alert.

And on the issue of your emphasis, the standard use of "scanned evidence" is much rightly correctly used by the ICAN representative. If you pay through the bank, you are expected to be given a payment receipt, and if you pay online, it is expected of you (in this case, as a professional accounting personnel in training) to keep/print/screenshot a copy of your payment reference. So, either way, you are expected to send a soft (whether scanned, screenshot or snapped) copy to the assigned official mail electronically or present the hard copy photocopy at their office.

Can you now agreed I am not wrong and neither was the representative wrong in asking for "scanned evidence"?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by johnshagb(m): 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
DanXplore:

I will nominate your post as the most ridiculous post on this thread so far. Why was the card payment option there if it is not effective? Even if he paid five seconds to deadline, he is still in his right.

I have been using card payments for almost all my shopping and have not encountered any problem. Why is ICAN, a regulatory body different? People like you just sicken me. Stop padding incompetence.

Some people are wired to suffer before they achieve their aim. I see no reason why you have to use the bank when you can do it in the comfort of your home. The option was put there by the same body and not a third party thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Zedman(m): 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
There should be an email that should show as evidence, check your email and send as attachment
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by lasmile(f): 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
Do you have an innovative business idea?
Learn the skills and get your business funded at the Startup & Innovation Boot-Camp 2020.

Funding/MBA/MSc available for all participants.
Hurry up �� register here* https:///Mx8DPXnkYa
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by femi4: 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
ElasticStone:
I am sure alot of us have experienced delays/sluggishness from ICAN's operations staff at some point and it is becoming overwhelming. This is not the first time this has happened. What makes matters worse is that they seldom respond to your queries, leaving you in dilemma on what steps to take especially if you are resident outside lagos.

Recently, I paid my dues online using the webpay platform on 25th of October, using my atm card details but my online profile was not updated to reflect the changes and sadly, deadline of 31st october is fast approaching. I have emailed, called and texted them but they are not responding. I only got an email from a representative who did not seem to understand my query properly. I mentioned that I paid online but he/she still asked me to scan evidence? All efforts to reach back has been unsuccessful as they don't pick calls, reply emails or sms. Pls what should I do? I am currently out of Lagos but will be back in 3 days time.

Modes, pls move to front page. I really need help. Deadline is tomorrow, 31st october and they are not responding to me.

Why make payment close to deadline? You have yourself to blame with the fire brigade approach
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Legendguru: 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by mandonnels(m): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
please who knows Ican office address in asaba . urgent
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
ElasticStone:
I am sure alot of us have experienced delays/sluggishness from ICAN's operations staff at some point and it is becoming overwhelming. This is not the first time this has happened. What makes matters worse is that they seldom respond to your queries, leaving you in dilemma on what steps to take especially if you are resident outside lagos.

Recently, I paid my dues online using the webpay platform on 25th of October, using my atm card details but my online profile was not updated to reflect the changes and sadly, deadline of 31st october is fast approaching. I have emailed, called and texted them but they are not responding.

Relax. It doesn't normally update immediately. Even if you have not paid up your subscription, that would not normally prevent you from registering for the exam. Some people don't pay subscription until they want to do induction (not advisable to do that though).
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by smithsammy(m): 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
DanXplore:

They are quite very ineffectual. Just find your way to their head office when ever you return, you don't seem to have many options now, or you could visit any of their branches in your current state of residence.

The irony is that ICAN's last three or four chapters in Management Information (Foundation diet) is on ICT related topics. cheesy
Charity has not begun at home yet.

Modified#

Modes, help this dude abeg:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, David470
Hi bro,

Please I have a friend, an HND graduate, who studied Procurement and Supply Chain Management but wants to do ICAN. What level will he starts from?
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Ginalex(f): 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
ElasticStone:
Cc: Danxplore
Calls and mails won't do much at this point... Find your way to Ebute metta if you really want to write this diet.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Giobest7: 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Please send a mail to: profilehelpdesk@ican.org.ng. I had a similar problem that was resolved today, they responded to me in less than an hour. Do that tomorrow morning if you haven't done so, ensure to send your transaction details with the transaction reference number.

Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by kelvxyn: 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
No doubt. I had such experience too. Very unprofessional. De don't even respond to emails.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by SolarEdge: 6:40am On Oct 31, 2019
Hmmmm

LET THE SUN PAY YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL.. CALL US NOW
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Darkgini: 7:19am On Oct 31, 2019
The payment reference number will be required to help you resolve this.

I had same issue each time I paid for exams. On each occasion, the payment reference number ( preceded by STAN******* or EPIC****. I can't recall which one it was now) was used to resolve this.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Darkgini: 7:21am On Oct 31, 2019
Foundation level.

smithsammy:
Hi bro,

Please I have a friend, an HND graduate, who studied Procurement and Supply Chain Management but wants to do ICAN. What level will he starts from?
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by smithsammy(m): 7:43am On Oct 31, 2019
Darkgini:
Foundation level.

Wow! Thank you so much for your reply. You know, I had thought he would start from ATS, given that he doesn't have a background in Accounting, save for the Financial Accounting subject he did in secondary school, plus the few accounting courses he during his national diploma.

Although he knows accounting basics and has thought Financial Accounting to secondary school students before - during his NYSC.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by ElasticStone(m): 10:30am On Oct 31, 2019
femi4:
Why make payment close to deadline? You have yourself to blame with the fire brigade approach

Guy, i paid on the 25th. About a week to deadline. Isn't that enough?
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by bravo158: 11:06am On Oct 31, 2019
the pymt reference can be copied out for submission or better still, get your account statement from your bank ( cover the balances and other transactions not to be viewed by other party) and submit this as evidence.

For Business Name, company, School, Association registration with Corporate Affairs Commission, Properties Agency, recharge card printing, contact 07088881366.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
dinodangana:

Not quite true sha, I've been paying online since i started in 2017, 2more papers to round up

you re still a student, wait until you go for induction , go and tell them you paid online dont keep your tellers and receipts.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by lajid: 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
DanXplore:

They are quite very ineffectual. Just find your way to their head office when ever you return, you don't seem to have many options now, or you could visit any of their branches in your current state of residence.

The irony is that ICAN's last three or four chapters in Management Information (Foundation diet) is on ICT related topics. cheesy
Charity has not begun at home yet.

Modified#

Modes, help this dude abeg:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, David470

Sir, please from what level will a Bsc., Accounting holder start from in ICAN exam
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by dinodangana(m): 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
I don't knw when u qualified sha but things are quiet different now, once ur financial status is reading zero subscription then u're cleared
quentin06:

you re still a student, wait until you go for induction , go and tell them you paid online dont keep your tellers and receipts.
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2019
smithsammy:
Hi bro,

Foundation level. But it would help if he begins with ATS
Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
lajid:

Sir, please from what level will a Bsc., Accounting holder start from in ICAN exam

Re: Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? by petux(m): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should "Menstrual Leave" Be Adopted In Nigeria? / Varying Salaries In Different Fields / Drama As Senate Confirms Victor Muruako As Fiscal Responsibility Commission Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.