Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting (1118 Views)

Winners Chapel 21-day Prayer And Fasting 2024 Prayer Points / Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting

Matthew 26:41 (KJV)

41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Matthew 4:4 (KJV)

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

It goes without saying that when purpose is unknown, abuse is inevitable. And this saying is very much applicable to prayer and fasting.

That is why, though many christians pray and fast today, the purpose of prayer and fasting is rarely being achieved in their lives, because most of them do so without knowing the purpose of prayer and fasting, so that often leads to abuse.

Hence the need for the purpose of prayer and fasting to be known, so that it would not to be defeated.

And there no better place to get that important knowledge, than from the Words of Jesus the Prayer Master, in whose life the purpose of prayer and fasting was perfectly achieved.

Hence the citing of those two verses where the purpose of prayer and fasting was given, which is the obedience of God.

For in the first instance of Jesus saying, "enter not into temptation" which He gave as the purpose of prayer, means the same thing as obeying God's Word.

And the second concerning fasting was also the same, as that saying was originally given by Moses who said to the people of Israel:

Deuteronomy 8:3 (KJV)

3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

So the purpose of fasting was for man to be obedient to God's Word, for that's how man lives by God's Word.

Therefore fasting just as prayer is intended to give the spirit of man which is more willing and inclined to the obedience of God's Word more control/power over his actions, because his flesh which is inclined to the things of the world is weak in that respect.

And considering how important the obedience of God's Word is, as could be observed from the damning consequence of man's disobedience of God's Word in the beginning, that makes prayer and fasting equally important as it is meant to achieve that result.

And since Jesus didn't fall into temptation as Adam had done in the beginning, but was perfectly obedient to God's Word via prayer and fasting, its could be assumed that Adam would have achieve same had he prayed and fasted as Jesus had done.

Hence it could be assumed that it was because Adam didn't pray, that he fell into temptation, since the spirit was willing but his flesh was weak.

And also that it was because he didn't fast that he disobeyed God's Word and ate of that tree that God had commanded him not to eat of. Therefore man lived by bread alone, but not by every Word which proceeded from the mouth of God.

So that was how he lost his eternal life, even via disobedience of God's Word, and that condemnation he passed down to every one of his descendants.

But it was by obedience of God's Word that Jesus was able to retain His eternal life even after His temptation, which made it possible for Him to be able to give eternal life to as many of man's descendants who would be obedient to the Word of God.

John 8:51 (KJV)

51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

So it all began with obedience of God's Word, and it's all going to end with obedience of God's Word. Therefore just as man lost his eternal life through disobedience of God's Word in the beginning, it's by the obedience of God's Word that man would be able to regain his eternal life.

Hence the purpose of prayer and fasting is to help man achieve that obedience.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2019
Many christians wonder why despite all their prayer and fasting, they are not able to still do the kind of works that Jesus was able to do while He was yet on Earth, but what they don't know is that, they are not able to so because the purpose of prayer and fasting has not been accomplished in their lives as it was in the live of Jesus.

For prayer and fasting is not supposed to be the end, but the means to an end which is the obedience of God's Word.

So because they merely stop at prayer and fasting which is the means, but do not achieve the purpose of prayer and fasting, even the end which is obedience, they are not able to get the benefit that comes with the purpose of prayer and fasting being achieved in their lives, such as, being giving the ability to do the kind of works that Jesus was able to do.

And i believe that was the message that Jesus tried to pass across to His disciples, when they asked Him why they couldn't cast out a kind of devil that He was able to cast out on this occasion:

Mark 9:28-29 (KJV)

28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

So Jesus wasn't just talking about the means, but the end which is the obedience of God's Word.

Therefore unless the purpose of prayer and fasting is achieved in someone's life as it was with Jesus, the person would not to be able to cast out such kind of demons.

Because the ability required to cast out such a demon, could only be given to those who have reached the level of obedience that Jesus walked in. And that level of obedience requires prayer and fasting to get there.

That's why Jesus was able to cast out that devil without having to fast all through the period of His ministry, because the purpose of fasting which was to get Him to the required level of obedience has been accomplished in His life.

So once fasting had accomplished it purpose and gotten Him to the level of obedience required, all Jesus needed to do was to pray to sustain that level of obedience that fasting had gotten Him to.

Hence despite that Jesus didn't fast during the course of His ministry apart from that which He did at the beginning, He was able to do all manner of works including casting out that kind of devil which comes out by nothing but by prayer and fasting, because it is all about the purpose of prayer and fasting which is the obedience of God's Word.

So regardless of the extent to which someone prays and fast, there are certain extent of works which Jesus was able to do which the person would not be able to do, unless the purpose of prayer and fasting is accomplished in the person's life, such as the casting out of such kind of demon.

Because such demons can come out by nothing, but by the obedience of God's Word.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by budaatum: 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
Here's one as posted on prayer (and some other words) from another thread.

I've added the pictures too.

budaatum:

Whatever you find they mean to you, but your understanding might not be what they mean or be intended to mean, after all, you understand at your lazy level and don't possibly know it all.

Prayer, for me, for instance means working out what I want, as in putting my goals and aspirations in to words so I can state it clearly for myself. Its the first step in working out what action to take to accomplish my goals and aspirations, after all, its not like I ever prayed for my dinner without going into the kitchen to cook it.

Faith is that my actions are achievable and I am capable of achieving my goals, after all, should I not have faith I would eat after I labour in the kitchen?

Afterlife is what you imagine it to be. I concern myself with my here and now and leave the afterlife to take care of itself in due course. It is a fact though that after labouring in the kitchen I will have my dinner to eat.

And it is the divine consequence of my laboring in the kitchen that my dinner in the end appears and that after eating it I am now full.

I suggest you try being a skeptical Greek like us instead of a believing Nigerian! It's how I got my dinner of egg, ham and mushroom ommelete with a side of home made bread with cashew nut butter and olives on the side (see below so you don't think it is imaginary), instead of being lazy and believing those words mean what you've been indoctrinated into thinking they might mean.

My apologies for not posting a picture of my full belly.

Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by CodeTemplar: 1:16am On Nov 02, 2019
Isaiah 58:2-14

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
jesusjnr:
Many christians wonder why despite all their prayer and fasting, they are not able to still do the kind of works that Jesus was able to do while He was yet on Earth, but what they don't know is that, they are not able to so because the purpose of prayer and fasting has not been accomplished in their lives as it was in the live of Jesus.

For prayer and fasting is not supposed to be the end, but the means to an end which is the obedience of God's Word.

So because they merely stop at prayer and fasting which is the means, but do not achieve the purpose of prayer and fasting, even the end which is obedience, they are not able to get the benefit that comes with the purpose of prayer and fasting being achieved in their lives, such as, being giving the ability to do the kind of works that Jesus was able to do.

And i believe that was the message that Jesus tried to pass across to His disciples, when they asked Him why they couldn't cast out a kind of devil that He was able to cast out on this occasion:

Mark 9:28-29 (KJV)

28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

So Jesus wasn't just talking about the means, but the end which is the obedience of God's Word.

Therefore unless the purpose of prayer and fasting is achieved in someone's life as it was with Jesus, the person would not to be able to cast out such kind of demons.

Because the ability required to cast out such a demon, could only be given to those who have reached the level of obedience that Jesus walked in. And that level of obedience requires prayer and fasting to get there.

That's why Jesus was able to cast out that devil without having to fast all through the period of His ministry, because the purpose of fasting which was to get Him to the required level of obedience has been accomplished in His life.

So once fasting had accomplished it purpose and gotten Him to the level of obedience required, all Jesus needed to do was to pray to sustain that level of obedience that fasting had gotten Him to.

Hence despite that Jesus didn't fast during the course of His ministry apart from that which He did at the beginning, He was able to do all manner of works including casting out that kind of devil which comes out by nothing but by prayer and fasting, because it is all about the purpose of prayer and fasting which is the obedience of God's Word.

So regardless of the extent to which someone prays and fast, there are certain extent of works which Jesus was able to do which the person would not be able to do, unless the purpose of prayer and fasting is accomplished in the person's life, such as the casting out of such kind of demon.

Because such demons can come out by nothing, but by the obedience of God's Word.

God bless.

Therefore it is essential for anyone who is praying and fasting, that it achieves its purpose in the person's life, so that the purpose wouldn't be defeated.

For anything else it achieves other than the obedience of God's Word which is its purpose is secondary to that.

I've heard a lot of talk about spiritual warefare with respect to prayer and fasting, but there's no greater warfare in the spirit world than that which has to do with the obedience of God's Word, because that's the greatest victory any man could have over Satan who is the greatest spiritual enemy of man.

For that was how Jesus who inflicted the greatest defeat upon him was able to achieve it. It was by the obedience of God's Word.

And that was the purpose of His prayer and fasting, so that it would make Him not fall into temptation but obey God's Word.

Therefore it was by the obedience of God's Word that the devil was not able to have any power over Him as he had over Adam, because he couldn't find anything of his own in Him.

John 14:30 (KJV)

30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

So the power Satan had over Adam was because he had something in man which was sin, for that was what gave Satan the power to steal, kill, and destroy him and his descendants whenever he comes to man.

But he couldn't do the same to Jesus, because when he came to Jesus, there was no sin found in Jesus, so he didn't have any power over Jesus because he had nothing of his own in Him.

Instead it was Jesus that was able to do damage to Satan and his works, because of the power that He had over him by the obedience of God's Word.

Luke 11:22 (KJV)

22 But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

So the obedience of God's Word is the greatest victory any man could have over Satan in spiritual warfare, because that's the only way that any man would be able to do damage to Satan and his works as Jesus was able to do.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 03, 2019
The reason why though many Nigerians pray and fast, wickedness is yet multiplying in the land and the situation is getting much worse, is because people lack knowledge of the purpose of prayer and fasting, and hence the abuse.

Because prayer is just the means to an end and not the end itself, so when most people end at praying and fasting, the purpose is usually defeated.

That's why, despite of the extent to which Nigerians pray and fast, it is not having the desired effect on the nation, because if the obedience of God's Word which is the purpose of prayer and fasting is being achieved in the land, the result would be an increase in righteousness and not the otherwise. Because the Word of God is His righteousness, so the obedience of God's Word ought to make man righteous as He is.

That was the purpose of the obedience of God's Word, and why God gave it to man to observe, for it was intended to make man righteous and even perfect as God is.

So when prayer and fasting doesn't lead to that result in man, that means that the purpose of prayer and fasting which is for man to be obedient to God's Word, had not been acheived. Because righteousness ought to be the evidence or fruit of man's obedience of God's Word.

It's not by coincidence that Jesus, in whose life the purpose of prayer and fasting was perfectly achieved, was the most righteous man ever to walk the Earth, because righteousness is the purpose of the obedience of God's Words, which itself is the purpose of prayer and fasting.

Therefore when the purpose of prayer and fasting is achieved in the lives of Nigerians who pray and fast as it was in the life of Jesus, it would be reflected via the righteousness in the lives of those Nigerians, as it was in the life of Jesus.

And Nigeria would be the better for it.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
When purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Judeudochukwu(m): 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2019
WHY DO YOU HAVE A SPIRITUAL HUSBAND OR WIFE :the truth none has told you

Some people while in a prayer houses will be informed they are been disturbed by a spiritual wife or husband. Haven heard about it, he and the pastor would rush into conclusion calling it an evil spirit. Next is to start abracadabra prayers, casting and loosing to no avail – otu abụghị n’ezi. The pastor will be blowing the microphone making noise like a lunatic, the congregation belief deliverance is taken place: to no avail _ otu abụghị n’ezi.
Kill her, the pastor said.
Let her die and leave.
I asked, how possible? Is it possible I ask?
Can you kill a spirit?
Have you heard or seen where one killed a spirit if not in the church where they kill spirit with mouth and microphone, yet things remains same and sometimes get worse yet?
Now listen, let me teach you wisdom: saying the truth because truth is life _ eziokwu bụ ndụ. This is why it set the captive free. The moment you know the truth. The truth you know must surely set you free.
As a human being, use event as seen in the land of the living to judge event as seen in the spiritual realm.
Sometimes, as it’s here on earth, so it’s in the realm of spirit
As its in the spiritual realms so it’s in the physical plane.
Take for example you see a woman and engaged to her as a young man.
After some while, both of you happen to marry happily. Marriage you must remember comes upon an agreement between two opposite parties. Now, after a while, you travel to another space for a mission, another destination where you now find comfort. If you forget calling to say hi to the wife, how will she feel?
Answer!
What if you are not calling or have lost contact, passion for her and she kept looking after you?
Haven gotten to reach out to you, you pretend not knowing her and denied haven nothing to do with her.
No matter what she does, you kept pushing her away and ignore all signs and signals. What do you expect the woman to do?
Would you not do anything mad if you were in her shoes?
Of course you will!
If you can as a legitimate wife, you are not against the law if you must suffer him anyhow without wasting his life.

This is what happens between those who got married to mariners before earthly visit. Stop been fooled by Christians and their ignorant teachings.
They are spiritual ignorant. All of them whom you call man of God are ofeke in spiritual matters. They are ignorant about spiritual affairs. They are pretenders and deceivers. The reason you must be careful about their false teachings.
They only shout and make noise like lunatic. They only know how to make noise not knowing that our spiritual engagement asked for quietness, peace of mind and solitude. The very moment they should spent with wisdom are given for selfishness. The reason wisdom is far seen from them. They lack truth. They know nothing about spirituality and wisdom.
Pastors are ofeke (fools) when it comes to spiritual matters. They know absolute nothing as e dey happen in the realm of spirits. They know nothing but go on deceiving people. They must pay the prize at the end of it all. It’s written, you shall reap what you sowed. That’s to say, you shall reap deception as a deceiver.
For crying out loud, this people are not deceiving animals. They are deceiving human being.
The image of the gods.
Turning black what nature has made to be white for their selfish interests.
Causing disunity, hatred, disaster between nature and mankind, bridging the gap between spirits and mankind.
Why people suffer today!
They must reap what they sowed at the end of it all.
Wisdom shall judge them!
So what is the remedy?
this is what a spiritualist will help you do. He/she will first engage you on a spiritual consultation to know if truly you are a mariner perhaps the cause of your problems and encounter. Because it’s not necessarily mariners who encounter spiritual wives. A witch can as well manifest herself as a spiritual wife to cause ruin to someone’s life.
Nevertheless, If you are and it happens that you are suffering as a result of spiritual wife/husband, the spiritualist shall consult further, knowing what must be done.
It’s then the wife/husband will have to name his or her prize owing to your position, agreement and periodic in the marine. Hence all mariners doesn’t share same position and agreement are differently. Upon this information, he get to inform you about what to be done. No matter what, it must involve a sacrifice!
We call it marine ritual settlement – ịkwa ibu mmiri nye ndị ọgbọ na uke.
During this sacrifices you have to accept him or her back.
We call it ‘ịkwa ibu udo na abụghị ibu nkewa’ a sacrifice for peace not separation.
When properly done, he/she will assist you in all aspects of life been in union. That’s the reason for sect (i di n’otu ndị mmiri).
Odogwuakataaka: That’s to say if he is good to go. Should he/she is wicked, so jealous. We e plead him or her to accept some things which he refused. If he do, good.
If not, we can then upon ọfọ na ogu talk about separation.
This you must know asked for wisdom hence his/her stubbornness might be as a result of her workforce, duty, services to deliver.
Do you know that these mariners (marine husband and wife’s) are destiny helpers? The very reason they are sometimes filled with jealous and must be treated with caution otherwise one’s life and destiny are placed on danger zone at the cost of services in the name of deliverance. Many are suffering this today!
Know whom you run to at the cost of spiritual matters.

: A spirit such as marine wife/husband might proof stubborn owing to agreement reached before your earthly coming. When we come across such like spirit person’s, we plead with him /her to allow you enjoy your earthly life as you wish. Remember, all these are done upon agreement, I as a priest stand to negotiate this as a third party upon ritual sacrifices. It’s not a thing we do by force as seen in the churches. Shouting with a microphone to draw attention of the people, proving how much we can speak in tongues and grammars. It’s never done that way for your safety, success, happiness and longevity.
Because it’s not all about today but tomorrow: the case must be handled with care.
This is the very reason igbo adage says ‘oké dibịa gbaa àjà, ọ dịka ewere nyee ndị mmụọ n’aka’ when a great/experienced priest performed ritual exercise, it looks like the items was given hand to hand to the spirits.
The result remains positive, settling all matters and causing light on one’s path.

If you must work on spiritual ignorance to disintegrate what shouldn’t be disintegrated, the subject (human) must suffer the penalty.
One true information people lack in spiritual matters remains the fact that spirits are not at lost (loosing end) in any matter as it involve humanity. The reason you must be careful and stop playing with your spiritual life.
Haven known these, I have to state it finally that spiritual husband and wife are not evil.
If they are, that’s to say you are evil also hence you are a mariner. If you are not a mariner, you can’t get married to a mariner as a wife or husband. The difference between you and him /her is only that you had the opportunity to exist on earth as a human being after pre-existence as a mariner in waters.
The lineage continues as you bear forth children on earth: especially, a case whereby you are a mariner and your earthly husband/wife is also a mariner, all your earthly children shall be mariners.
It’s divine
It’s a nature mandate!
It’s written and can’t be changed.
You can’t change what nature has caused to be neither will you condemn it.
Who are you to judge?
Do you judge upon wisdom or ignorant?
Who are you to condemned what nature has made to be?
How many years do you have to exist here on earth?
How many years do you think these matter have lasted, involving billions of people born and yet to be born?
Is it why you are here?
All these are meant for pastors to answer.
People who dwelt on ignorant, causing ruin to people’s life and destiny.
Sending people to early graves and are happy doing that hence it put food on their table.
Judgement await us all!
Ife onye metere, o weere isi ya buru (evil men do, leave with them and after them).
Wise man think and talk about tomorrow, a fool (ofeke) talk about today.
Today has only but 24hours in it, tomorrow is indefinite.
Don’t be deceived!
WhatsApp08103253857
#echoesoftruth1.website2.me
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
It's not just to pray and fast, but ensure that the purpose of prayer and fasting is accomplished in your life, so that it would not be in vain.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Finallydead: 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
Sound. But u got the Adam part wrong anyway. He didn't need to fast. Our Lord also didn't need to fast but just to set an example for us.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 06, 2019
Finallydead:
Sound. But u got the Adam part wrong anyway. He didn't need to fast. Our Lord also didn't need to fast but just to set an example for us.
Yes I agree with you that both Adam and Jesus didn't need to fast, except in the sense that Adam needed not to eat of that particular tree, and the need for Jesus to fulfill all righteousness.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 07, 2019
Matthew 15:8-9 (KJV)

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 08, 2019
jesusjnr:
Matthew 15:8-9 (KJV)

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Though they worshipped God, because they were yet disobedient to God's Word which ought to be the purpose of their worship - as it is with prayer and fasting - they worshipped God in vain, because the purpose of worshipping God was not achieved in their lives.

God bless.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 09, 2019
Luke 21:36 (KJV)

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 10, 2019
jesusjnr:
Luke 21:36 (KJV)

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
The purpose of them watching and praying is so that they would remain obedient so they would be ready when He comes.

Luke 21:34-35 (KJV)

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 11, 2019
The purpose of prayer and fasting in Jesus life was so that He wouldn't fall into temptation.

Matthew 4:1-2 (KJV)

1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
3 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 12, 2019
jesusjnr:
The purpose of prayer and fasting in Jesus life was so that He wouldn't fall into temptation.

Matthew 4:1-2 (KJV)

1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
3 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

Matthew 4:3-4 (KJV)

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 13, 2019
jesusjnr:

Matthew 4:3-4 (KJV)

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
One temptation down by prayer and fasting, two to go.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
One temptation down by prayer and fasting, two to go.

Matthew 4:5-7 (KJV)

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
8 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by 50power: 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
Do you own a church? List your church on the churches category on https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
jesusjnr:

Matthew 4:5-7 (KJV)

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
8 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Two temptations down by prayer and fasting, one to go.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 17, 2019
Matthew 4:8-10 (KJV)

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Re: The Purpose Of Prayer And Fasting by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 18, 2019
jesusjnr:
Matthew 4:8-10 (KJV)

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Three temptations down by prayer and fasting, none to go.

Matthew 4:11 (KJV)

11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

So Jesus overcame the tempter and his temptations and He did it by prayer and fasting.

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Catholic Reverend Sister Who Allegedly Marry An Police Officer / Atheists Scared Of Ghosts. / HEAVEN AND HELL DOES NOT EXIST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.