Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Tithes: the problem it solves - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes: the problem it solves (980 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) / ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko / OAP Freeze's Biblical Misinformation On Collection Of Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 8:53am On Oct 31, 2019
What if what we know tithes are to do are not what they do. humanity agrees on the purpose of an extinguisher but find it hard to agree or perhaps do not see the necessity for tithes.
If humanity knows what tithes do, there won't be back and forth argument on its relevance.
In the absence of fire an extinguisher is not required. When we know what tithes solve, the absence or presence of that thing will highlight the significance or non significance of tithes.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Ladylite: 9:41am On Oct 31, 2019
Phenomenalola:
What if what we know tithes are to do are not what they do. humanity agrees on the purpose of an extinguisher but find it hard to agree or perhaps do not see the necessity for tithes.
If humanity knows what tithes do, there won't be back and forth argument on its relevance.
In the absence of fire an extinguisher is not required. When we know what tithes solve, the absence or presence of that thing will highlight the significance or non significance of tithes.

So do you ask the KING in your village what he does with our money. Or you think God was elected.

Many of you funny peeps are just ignorant of the systems at work. God is a king.... Not a president. If he demands anything, he is not to be questioned.... However we are keep paying till he clearly says to STOP... Because either way, giving to God is always a blessing.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by budaatum: 9:57am On Oct 31, 2019
You're probably right Ladylite, if you truly pay your tithes to God. How dare anyone ask what God does with your tithes?

Phenomenalola, could you kindly tell us please what tithes are for, and why paying it might be necessary?
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Ladylite: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2019
budaatum:
You're probably right Ladylite, if you truly pay you tithes to God. How dare anyone ask what God does with your tithes?

Phenomenalola, could you kindly tell us please what tithes are for, and why paying it might be necessary?

But you can afford a bible na. It's all there o.

It's even on Google. The Bible clearly says it.

So what's the point challenging what you are knowledgeable about.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by OkCornel(m): 10:40am On Oct 31, 2019
God created the Heavens and the Earth and all the trees on the earth.

God as the scriptures puts it, owns the cattle on a thousand hills...

Now this same God whom Jesus said is gracious enough to make the sun shine on both the good and the wicked.... suddenly needs your;

a) Paper money created from the trees He created before He blesses you?

b) Your piece of beef, before He gives you one of His cattles on a thousand hills?

Nah... e no add up.

Besides, I’m still asking for where God requested for money as tithes.

I’m still looking for where the gentiles were required to tithe like the Jews

I’m still looking for where the early Christians tithed.

I’m still looking for where Jesus collected tithes from His followers while on earth.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by OkCornel(m): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2019
When pro-tithers are ready to show us where God specifically mentioned money as part of the items to be tithed, then they should know that monetary tithing is unscriptural.

When God required money for the needs of the Temple, He specifically mentioned where all Israelite males should be levied a temple tax of half a shekel every year. That was an instance of God clearly asking for money.

Refer to Exodus 30 v 13-16 for where God gave the instruction through Moses;

13 This shall every man give, that goeth into the number, half a shekel, after the [a]shekel of the Sanctuary: (a shekel is twenty gerahs) the half shekel shall be an offering to the Lord.
14 All that are numbered from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering to the Lord.
15 The rich shall not pass, and the poor shall not diminish from half a shekel, when ye shall give an offering unto the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.
16 So thou shalt take the money of the redemption of the children of Israel, and shalt put it unto the use of the Tabernacle of the Congregation, that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.

BASED ON THE ABOVE, IT WAS CLEAR WHEN GOD ASKED FOR MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE TEMPLE... NOW LET US EXAMINE GOD'S REQUIREMENT FOR TITHES

Refer to Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

22 Thou shalt give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it, because the place is far from thee, where the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name, when the Lord thy God shall bless thee,
25 Then shalt thou make it in money, and take the money in thine hand, and go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose.
26 And thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thine heart desireth: whether it be ox, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatsoever thine heart desireth: and shalt eat it there before the Lord thy God, and rejoice, both thou, and thine household.

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates, shalt thou not forsake: for he hath neither part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt [e]bring forth all the tithes of thine increase of the same year, and lay it up within thy gates.
29 Then the Levite shall come, because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee, and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, and shall eat, and be filled, that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Based on the above verses, God clearly mentioned what is titheable, and money was not part of the items to be tithed.

IN CONCLUSION:
So any fraudster that comes with the excuse that money was not in use because the Israelites were predominantly farmers and cattle rearers...should read Exodus 30 v 13-16 and explain to us why God demanded money from these same Israelites...but specified crops and livestock as tithes in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by budaatum: 10:52am On Oct 31, 2019
OkCornel:

Now this same God whom Jesus said is gracious enough to make the sun shine on both the good and the wicked.... suddenly needs your;

b) Your piece of beef, before He gives you one of His cattles on a thousand hills?

Nah... e no add up.

I’m still look for where the early Christians tithed.

I’m still looking for where Jesus collected tithes from His followers while on earth.
I too asked, but was told to go and buy a Bible lol!
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 10:55am On Oct 31, 2019
Ladylite:

So do you ask the KING in your village what he does with our money. Or you think God was elected.

Many of you funny peeps are just ignorant of the systems at work. God is a king.... Not a president. If he demands anything, he is not to be questioned.... However we are keep paying till he clearly says to STOP... Because either way, giving to God is always a blessing.
God is not a dictator. You have absolute right to take to your positiön.
If God asks you to do a thing, he will inform you why. Remember he wants to reasön with you. God told moses about his plan to destroy israel. Moses said no to the plan. God didnt destroy israel.
If an entity makes you do something because of his position and not persuation, that individual lacks capacity ane he is a dictator.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by OkCornel(m): 10:56am On Oct 31, 2019
budaatum:

I too asked, but was told to go and buy a Bible lol!

Lmao cheesy cheesy
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 10:59am On Oct 31, 2019
You are entitled to your position and i respect it 100%. We cant be too sure of a claim when there is another claim that resists yours.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by OkCornel(m): 11:00am On Oct 31, 2019
Please note, I’m not saying you shouldn’t give o.

In this age of grace, Spirit led giving & giving cheerfully is the standard here. Not giving with a mentality of what you’re expecting in return!

They tell me God’s love is unconditional, but I have to tithe before He blesses me. How much more confused can these pulpit fraudsters be?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 11:05am On Oct 31, 2019
Ladylite:

But you can afford a bible na. It's all there o.

It's even on Google. The Bible clearly says it.

So what's the point challenging what you are knowledgeable about.
There was a time in history. The pharisees believe there is resurrection but the saduccees dont. It took jesus explaining what resurection to convince the saduccees. When you are arrogant with claims and yet not able to explain a concept, you are at best a pharisee.
There are other humans apart from the israelites and their laws.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Ladylite: 11:13am On Oct 31, 2019
Phenomenalola:

God is not a dictator. You have absolute right to take to your positiön.
If God asks you to do a thing, he will inform you why. Remember he wants to reasön with you. God told moses about his plan to destroy israel. Moses said no to the plan. God didnt destroy israel.
If an entity makes you do something because of his position and not persuation, that individual lacks capacity ane he is a dictator.

I feel you do not need me to open bible verses for you, you should have known it before coming here. It's in the book of malachi. And if it's not enough for you then find a contradictory verse where God says no one should pay.

I can't be arguing these stuff with you. It's pointless.

Paying or not paying will not be a yardstick for making heaving.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Ladylite: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2019
Phenomenalola:

There was a time in history. The pharisees believe there is resurrection but the saduccees dont. It took jesus explaining what resurection to convince the saduccees. When you are arrogant with claims and yet not able to explain a concept, you are at best a pharisee.
There are other humans apart from the israelites and their laws.

Which of the humans that you speak of was born by a virgin..... Yet you feel you have sense enough to call me a pharisee... Lol.

Pls go and read well and get bible truths before coming here.

Anything outside the Bible will not make for an intelligent conversation.

Paying tithe or not paying won't determine your entry into heaven
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
Ladylite:

Which of the humans that you speak of was born by a virgin..... Yet you feel you have sense enough to call me a pharisee... Lol.

Pls go and read well and get bible truths before coming here.

Anything outside the Bible will not make for an intelligent conversation.

Paying tithe or not paying won't determine your entry into heaven
I thought malachi reported if one does not pay tithe he has robbed God. Would God allow robbers into heaven?
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2019
OkCornel:

Nah... e no add up.

I’m still looking for where the early Christians tithed.

scriptures can be provided for this.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by CaveAdullam: 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2019
Phenomenalola:
What is the necessity of TITHE AS A NEW TESTAMENT/COVENANT CHRISTIAN.

Phenomenalola:
Extinguisher is to fire as tithe is to what?

OKCornel food is ready. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by OkCornel(m): 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2019
Phenomenalola:
scriptures can be provided for this.

Please let’s be sure those scriptures are not encouraging pouring of old wine in new wine skins.

So let’s set the ball rolling. Bring on the scriptures let’s discuss. In light of the queries I’ve raised on this thread so far.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by OkCornel(m): 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
CaveAdullam:

Lol my brother.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
OkCornel:

Please let’s be sure those scriptures are not encouraging pouring of old wine in new wine skins.

So let’s set the ball rolling. Bring on the scriptures let’s discuss. In light of the queries I’ve raised on this thread so far.

It was for ladylite to help provide the scriptures. In as much as you genuinely have those question, the answers provided so far hasnt persuadd you.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 2:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
CaveAdullam:

That is the question. Once we know that, we will understand why other part of humanity did not have to tithe bt the israelites.

1 Like

Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by CaveAdullam: 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
Phenomenalola:

That is the question. Once we know that, we will understand why other part of humanity did not have to tithe bt the israelites.
so can you please lecture us on this tithing?
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
CaveAdullam:

On biblical records Cain was the first man to kill a man. It is wrong for a man to kill another. Cain was ignorant of the rule and he asked for clemency and was given.
Lamech killed a man and was aware of the rule not to kill. He wont enjoy clemency(gen 4:24).
After the flood man was instructed not to kill another(gen 9:5)
In the proces of time, abraham and his servants killed men. They were guilty of the crime of murder. Abraham was unaware that a righteous man cant kil unrighteous men. To save him, a high priest was sent to become his scapegoat. Tithes was the medium of passing the sin of murder to priests. After that incident abraham never killed again. Isaac and jacob inherited the knowledge and they didnt kill anyone.
Two children of jacob killed men irrespective of the knowledge. Jacob cursed them. They cant be forgiven and tithes cant save them.
The law of Moses advocates righteous men to kil unrighteous
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by MuttleyLaff: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
CaveAdullam:

Phenomenalola:
On biblical records Cain was the first man to kill a man. It is wrong for a man to kill another. Cain was ignorant of the rule and he asked for clemency and was given.
Lamech killed a man and was aware of the rule not to kill. He wont enjoy clemency(gen 4:24).
In the proces of time, abraham and his servants killed men. They were guilty of the crime of murder. Abraham was unaware that a righteous man cant kil unrighteous men. To save him, a high priest was sent to become his scapegoat. Tithes was the medium of passing the sin of murder to priests. After that incident abraham never killed again. Isaac and jacob inherited the knowledge and they didnt kill anyone.
Two children of jacob killed men irrespective of the knowledge. Jacob cursed them. They cant be forgiven and tithes cant save them.
That is not the answer. Please tell why other part of humanity did not have to tithe but the Israelites had to. Thank you.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2019
CaveAdullam:
Moses told the israelites that the law the wil operate with is made between them and God and not between their ancestors and God(deut 5)
To protect them, a high priest was stationed to live with them unlike abraham that just received the service of the levites once.
Israelites kil anyone with sin because they lacked the knowlege that equiped Abraham not to kil people with sin.
Jesus was sent to upgrade israelites with knowledge so they shouldnt kil again. Jesus didnt ask anyone to pay tithe or not to pay.
Jesus said the new rule doesnt permit murder. The event at pentecost showed how israelites were equiped with knowledge. The people they used to kil are now people they can relate with.
If you know how to relate wit humanity, you are not expected to kil a man. If you kil a man, there is no high priest assigned by God to bear your sin.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

That is not the answer. Please tell why other part of humanity did not have to tithe but the Israelites had to. Thank you.
Other part of humanity are adults and God expects them to behave as adults but israelites were children and God expected them to behave as children.
With israelites, it is either their way or there is no way but with humanity their way can be examined.
a certain had a servant at home who was sick, jesus offered to follow the man home bt the man said jesus should just give an order. Jesur said you cant such faith in israel. A certain wanted her daughter to be healed. Jesus compared here to a dog and she accepted to be a dog. Jesus said you cant see such faith in israel.
Faith is gained by examinatiön of claims.
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by CaveAdullam: 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
Phenomenalola:

Nice try Lola, but is this all you've got?

1 Like

Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
CaveAdullam:
You can come in
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 8:02pm On Oct 31, 2019
CaveAdullam:
You can have your say
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by CaveAdullam: 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2019
Phenomenalola:

You can come in
yes I'm in but you have are not serving the tithe pepper soup in a way we can enjoy it.

We need real lectures Lola.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by Phenomenalola: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
CaveAdullam:
yes I'm in but you have are not serving the tithe pepper soup in a way we can enjoy it.

We need real lectures Lola.
What way do you expect it to be served?
Re: Tithes: the problem it solves by CaveAdullam: 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
Phenomenalola:

What way do you expect it to be served?
In anyway the new testament/covenant Christian can comprehend and how it affects or relates to them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: See The Churches Burnt Yesterday In Garkida, Adamawa / 20 Powerful Prayer Points Capable Of Destroying Curses In Your Family / Paul Enenche: 'El-Rufai Is A Demon Agent Governor'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.