Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea (33536 Views)

Governor Ortom Asks FG Not To Reverse Ban On Rice Importation / Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by angelEmade: 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2019
which way naija....!!!
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by pawesome(m): 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
they should come and build mills hia...we get land yakpa

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Gudguyz(m): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nice!!!

For your power Solution:
Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & Electronics shop.For details pls check my profile.Thanks
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by nasoeb: 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
whatisthetruth:

When will you take a stand against oil importation? You have oil, yet you have to take it outside Nigeria to be refined and then buy back the refined products.

When will you take a stand against weapon importation? Begging USA and Russia up and down.

When will you take a stand against importation of phones and laptops?

Everyone just talking about rice.
Ahh ahh if you get sense, then you should know everything in life is one step at a time. You can't throw your two legs at a time just because you want to run.
Use your head small abeg.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
interesting if true.
this is what our importers have turned us into.
blindly supporting countries with an equal level of poverty

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by tunary(m): 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
So country dey way Nigeria dey make yanga and show off for? I think say na yes sir Nigeria dey answer to all countries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by kingsmecca(m): 2:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
I'm 100% in support of this border closure, we have to wake up by force. This country can't continue to be eating from hand-to-mouth every day. Just imagine! Vision 2020 is dead just because we weren't taking things to boost the economy serious.

Any country that wants to bring in their products have to come invest it here, we have lands for you.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Hienna(m): 2:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
Na by force... Haha why r pple angry just becuz we close border?? Means we fit sanction country too.... Wao. ..9ja dey dis important?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by EkwensuAmosu1: 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
[s]
ManirBK:
We will soon start exporting rice to Vietnam and other countries. Nigerian rice will become ubiquitous Insha'Allah.
The greatness of Nigeria is here!
[/s]
trash
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by YungJo207(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
This is a welcome development to me.. Nigeria too grow good rice I just eat Nigeria rice this morning and I was suprise as to why we still import rice.

People asking what Nigeria produce should wake up to the fact that most things Nigeria have most country pray to have it, if our government can't start like this then I wonder how they will start.

We produce rice
We produce ginger ( the best in the world )
Sesame seed
Cashew nuts
Hibiscus flowers
Solid minerals/gem stones
Coths,shoes,bags
Etc
All this items lot of white people/Chinese/Indians etc come into Nigeria everyday to look for sellers and export.

We have what it takes to stand on our own let start to look inward.

10 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Endevil: 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
justtoodark:
vietnames people are welcome in nigeria....
we nigerians see them as black people....

Do you think it's a good idea to have Vietnamese to teach their rice production methods?

I think so.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Obiaksnews: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
So i have noticed something, and i think its high time i speak out. I created a similar thread like this yesterday,but one of the mods blocked my thread and notified me that it had already being posted on the front page. But here is another thread on the same topic and the mods moved it to the front page. WHY?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by NobleRomm(m): 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
this is d first good news I'm seeing abt dis present government
but still, the Nigeria Rice will still be very Expensive

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by pochoo: 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
kunleweb:
Not all lands are suitable for rice cultivation. Whatever rocks your boat.

I believe we have good and big lands to cultivate rice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Thegoodone13(m): 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
Good decision
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by mamanotinspoil3: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
Great news! If the borders can stay closed through this Christmas, by next Christmas we won't need foreign rice anymore. Good job FG smiley

We have used office items at giveaway prices. Sofa set, 7.6kva generator, furniture and more. Check them out: https://www.nairaland.com/5472126/used-office-items-clearance-sales

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Born2Breed(f): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
This is what we should be reading.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Thegoodone13(m): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
whatisthetruth:

When will you take a stand against oil importation? You have oil, yet you have to take it outside Nigeria to be refined and then buy back the refined products.

When will you take a stand against weapon importation? Begging USA and Russia up and down.

we need to stop import all finishing goods . We only need raw material

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Thegoodone13(m): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
Federal government should extend closure of border to all finishing goods. We need only raw material. Stop importation of oil, cloth, and any food items. Obasanjo stop importation of juice during his tenure.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Amhappy(f): 2:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nice move. We need jobs. They can establish farms here, plant their rice specie, process and make sales and export sef.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Smartfonesales: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
ashlyfab78:

It will always be rice bro, buhari don't have where they manufactures phone and other stuffs...

And d crude oil....we don't hv raw crude too??
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by slowice(m): 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
Ghana should emulate Vietnam and come cap in hand to beg us to allow their goods into our country instead of forming hard men

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by OhiOfIhima: 2:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
ManirBK:
Is Nigeria a dumping ground?? Can't they sell their rice elsewhere? Kudos to FG

Dumping ground u said.. Vietnam govt want to take the advantage of border closure so if the plea is to import via a legitimate means of transportation, it cool.. But more cooler if they accept to set their rice processing mills here.

God bless Nigeria n her citizens!

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by sylve11: 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2019
whatisthetruth:

don't mind them jara. undecided cool
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by CoolAmbience(m): 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2019
ManirBK:
Is Nigeria a dumping ground?? Can't they sell their rice elsewhere? Kudos to FG

I keep saying it....there's isn't a perfect human system anywhere. However, this is the smartest FG Nigeria has had since creation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by justtoodark: 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2019
Endevil:

Do you think it's a good idea to have Vietnamese to teach their rice production methods?

I think so.

ofcourse....they have many centuries experience of planting rice....
can somebody please explaine to me why a black person need tea and coffee....!!?? angry angry
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Olafisoyem: 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
They should come and open factory here so we will kidnap and kill their people? Which light will they use for the processing mill?? They should bring Gen and diesel when coming o!

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Abusule007: 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
GOFRONT:
Nigerians love rice sha!!!

Una nor dey chop beans??

I luv beans and Meat sha!!
Who mess here??

grin grin
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
Obiaksnews:
So i have noticed something, and i think its high time i speak out. I created a similar thread like this yesterday,but one of the mods blocked my thread and notified me that it had already being posted on the front page. But here is another thread on the same topic and the mods moved it to the front pay. WHY?
is because nairaland is just an online Nigeria.

Fantastically corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Seunnzy(m): 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
alizma:
As if you have solved all your personal problems over night.
God bless u

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by CoolAmbience(m): 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2019
kunleweb:
Not all lands are suitable for rice cultivation. Whatever rocks your boat.

What is this one saying?

Over 70% of lands in Nigeria are arable across each state of the federation.

While it is understandable that not all of us would venture into agriculture, we must concede that the era of excuses and frivolities are over.

The party is over....it is time to fix Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by justtoodark: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2019
Olafisoyem:
They should come and open factory here so we will kidnap and kill their people? Which light will they use for the processing mill?? They should bring Gen and diesel when coming o!

why they hell would we want to kidnap vietnamese people....

our rogues are only interested in white people....
and vietnam people sabi to defend themselves well well....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election / Rahama Indimi Gushes About Zahra Buhari: "We're Happy To Have You" / Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.