Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? - Islam for Muslims (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? (28780 Views)

Re: How I Discovered Shia Islam Was The True Islam / Swiss English Premier League Star,Philippe Senderos,Embraces (Shia) Islam / Radicalization Of Islam: What Is The Way Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by AlBaqir(m): 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
lafex: why am asking is that I schooled in ABU and I had friends that are shia and they never pray behind sunnis throughout my schooling there. They prefer praying alone. And once again I said ABU and I think you know some fact about ABU when talking about islam

Are your friend's hausas?
You should know hausa better dear brother when it comes to religion, tribal and sectarianism. I once attended Sheik Abdurrahman Ahmad's lecture with late Sheik Abdulatif Adegbite . He was the Imam/Ameer of mssn in ABU during his time there (I mean Sheik Ahmad). He said he discovered many don't pray behind him because he's a Yoruba man.
That's the extent hausa man could go. The Sunni-Shi'a rift in the northern Nigeria is fast becoming what we see in Iraq, pakistan and lebanon.
Here in Nigeria, it is more tribal and political than Aqeeda.

Then according to our fiqh, you need to question your heart well. It is not right praying behind an Imam while your heart is full of grudges for him as in his Aqeedah. Some will pray behind a sunni Imam and repeat their salat later. That's why I said individual differences also play its role. Although when it comes to salat Jumu'a, there are difft opinion from our mujtahid.

1 Like

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by lafex: 7:03am On Dec 16, 2013
These guys are not Hausa, some are yoruba while some are ibera. But I could remember that they pray jum'a with us but not daily salah.
NB ABU is an institution which give every tribe, state and part of the country and outside the country.equal chance within the school environment. Most of the hostel imams while I was there were from iwo/ede and the ameer after my set is nupe(kwara) and hei s the present mcan ameer. This is to tell you that ABU is not and cannever be dominated by hausas interms of atudents and staffs.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by lafex: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2013
My third question is that why do shia wowen's hijab reach the chin
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by AlBaqir(m): 1:27pm On Dec 16, 2013
lafex: My third question is that why do shia wowen's hijab reach the chin

Its nothing except I didn't understand your question well.
All muslim woman are commanded to cover every part of their body except what can appear thereof ('ila man za'haraminha). The unanimous verdict is palm and face are what can appear thereof.
However, if a woman wishes to cover even her face and palm. It is allowed. Some cover the face but leave the two eyes uncover while some cover to the chin as you observe.

This does not restricted to the Shi'a women. Sunni women practice that also.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by bashir(m): 9:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nvm
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 10:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
bashir: Why are Shia people doing some trekking ritual or whatever from Kano to Zaria?

I normally could care less about whatever they choose to do with their time but when they decide to Block one side of a federal highway and declare it as their camp then it kind of becomes a problem for me and other people who are trying to get to their destinations peacefully and quickly.

What's even more surprising is that not even the Security Agencies seem to do anything about it. If they want to do some crazy trekking then let them follow the woods because i see no reason why my journey of 2 hours should become 6 hours because of some idiots who think they are so above the law that they can block a whole road for their personal reasons.

In the end its all the Governments fault for just looking at them while they do what they like anyway.

firstly,you are disguising your prejudice and hatred under this excuse that the Shia are obstructing free movement of vehicles on highway.

if i am to assume that there are Shia in that part of the world you mentioned who obstruct traffic when they are embarking on religious activity,then that act is frowned upon in Shia jurisprudence.one of the conditions for us to designate a place for worship and for our salat to be accepted is that the place must not be a public place that is forcefully acquired.likewise it makes no sense to use worship as an excuse to forcefully acquire a highway and put it under our grip for worship.i think this is not a Shia thing,but more of a thing about the people in that part of the world and their religious zeal.

another point you should take into consideration is that the issue of obstructing traffic during religious activities cuts across sects and religions.it is not peculiar to the Shia.when Redeem Christian Church of God holds its crusade,the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway is a no-go area.likewise when NASFAT (Sunnis) conducts its worship activities,there is obstruction to traffic.

your bad language and inciting remarks only expose you that you are not after reasons but to condemn others.

1 Like

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by bashir(m): 11:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
LagosShia:

firstly,you are disguising your prejudice and hatred under this excuse that the Shia are obstructing free movement of vehicles on highway.

if i am to assume that there are Shia in that part of the world you mentioned who obstruct traffic when they are embarking on religious activity,then that act is frowned upon in Shia jurisprudence.one of the conditions for us to designate a place for worship and for our salat to be accepted is that the place must not be a public place that is forcefully acquired.likewise it makes no sense to use worship as an excuse to forcefully acquire a highway and put it under our grip for worship.i think this is not a Shia thing,but more of a thing about the people in that part of the world and their religious zeal.

another point you should take into consideration is that the issue of obstructing traffic during religious activities cuts across sects and religions.it is not peculiar to the Shia.when Redeem Christian Church of God holds its crusade,the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway is a no-go area.likewise when NASFAT (Sunnis) conducts its worship activities,there is obstruction to traffic.

your bad language and inciting remarks only expose you that you are not after reasons but to condemn others.

Ok.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Manazz(m): 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
I was on my way to kaduna on last night too and these people caused a very big traffic jam when they forced others to use our side of the road. Apparently they are going to zaria by foot which should take them about 7 days.

So what exactly are they doing going to Zaria by foot?
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by AlBaqir(m): 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
Manazz: I was on my way to kaduna on last night too and these people caused a very big traffic jam when they forced others to use our side of the road. Apparently they are going to zaria by foot which should take them about 7 days.

So what exactly are they doing going to Zaria by foot?

Commemoration of Arbain - 40days of the tragedy of Ashura.

www.nairaland.com/1563396/arbain-40days-after-ashura
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by babylolaroy(f): 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
really#. who recommended that?
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by isalegan2: 7:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/550269/shia-islam-what-know-like-know/7

Wow, this was a great thread by our brother, LagosShia. Is it okay to call you "the Sword of Allah"? LOL. I think someone called you that here years ago when the anti-Muslims on Nairaland wouldn't leave this section alone. undecided angry

I was looking for a link and I typed your moniker and mine and got page 6 of this thread. I couldn't stop reading. Even found many past posters who rocked this section back in the day: Sweetnecta, Muhsin, Lagosboy, BetaThings, and even a cameo by the incomparable learned young man TBaba, the young Baba Adinni himself! cheesy cool

I learned a lot about Shi'a and just ended up concluding and simply believing that we are all Muslims. I found something - not sure if it was Hadith - that goes something like, Just refer to yourself as Muslim; don't say what section or what denomination; you're Muslim and that's it.

At the height of my exchanges on this thread with LagosShia, and afterwards, I was also watching Youtube videos and reading quite a bit about the division between Sunni and Shia. I made up my mind when I saw how too many "religious leaders" were unashamed to cast aspersions on Shias.

I'm sure that will offend some. But I'm not deterred. I believe in religious freedom. We can discuss it civilly, of course.

Right now, I am troubled by the way Ahmadiyyas are so persecuted in Pakistan. (They've even been tagged as non-Muslims. As Muslim Nigerians/Africans, I'm sure many of us are familiar with that name. Even though most Nigerian Mosques/Masjids/Group don't bear that name, many used to belong to that organisation. And the Ahmaddiyas did a lot to spread Islam and build Mosques in Nigeria and all over the world. Maybe they changed or there are some other obscure beliefs of theirs that people started to question, but back dozens of years and over a hundred years ago, they went far and wide to bring Islam to many faraway places. Even me, I never knew we were once Ahmadiyyas. I recently found out from my Dad that the Ahamadiyya-affiliated groups in Nigeria changed their names in the 70s when the campaign against Ahmadiyyas gained ground. Even my old school, X X Memorial Grammar School, used to be called Ahmadiyya. That's actually how I found out - I was reading about how the school ownership and many other schools were released by the Lagos state government to now return to the original private owners. And my school returned to the Ahmadiyya association. I think I'm remembering that right.

I'l stop there. This was a travel back memory lane. Thanks, LagosShia!

Salaam!
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Oklander: 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
Salam alaikum, Sometimes ago I was watching a religious news on Islam when they started showing and talking about celebrations and commemoration, and they showed some group of people in pool of blood tracking and beating themselves. Some were holding Matchet and hitting their head with it, with due respect I see no sense in this at all, can someone enlighten me?
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by AlBaqir(m): 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
Oklander:
Salam alaikum, Sometimes ago I was watching a religious news on Islam when they started showing and talking about celebrations and commemoration, and they showed some group of people in pool of blood tracking and beating themselves. Some were holding Matchet and hitting their head with it, with due respect I see no sense in this at all, can someone enlighten me?

Wa alaykum Salam brother, You can get a glimpse here.
www.nairaland.com/2195624/deen-show-whats-difference-between
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Empiree: 2:05am On Apr 24, 2015
isalegan2:
https://www.nairaland.com/550269/shia-islam-what-know-like-know/7

[size=2pt]Wow, this was a great thread by our brother, LagosShia. Is it okay to call you "the Sword of Allah"? LOL. I think someone called you that here years ago when the anti-Muslims on Nairaland wouldn't leave this section alone. undecided angry

I was looking for a link and I typed your moniker and mine and got page 6 of this thread. I couldn't stop reading. Even found many past posters who rocked this section back in the day: Sweetnecta, Muhsin, Lagosboy, BetaThings, and even a cameo by the incomparable learned young man TBaba, the young Baba Adinni himself! cheesy cool

I learned a lot about Shi'a and just ended up concluding and simply believing that we are all Muslims. I found something - not sure if it was Hadith - that goes something like, Just refer to yourself as Muslim; don't say what section or what denomination; you're Muslim and that's it.

At the height of my exchanges on this thread with LagosShia, and afterwards, I was also watching Youtube videos and reading quite a bit about the division between Sunni and Shia. I made up my mind when I saw how too many "religious leaders" were unashamed to cast aspersions on Shias.

I'm sure that will offend some. But I'm not deterred. I believe in religious freedom. We can discuss it civilly, of course.

Right now, I am troubled by the way Ahmadiyyas are so persecuted in Pakistan. (They've even been tagged as non-Muslims. As Muslim Nigerians/Africans, I'm sure many of us are familiar with that name. Even though most Nigerian Mosques/Masjids/Group don't bear that name, many used to belong to that organisation. And the Ahmaddiyas did a lot to spread Islam and build Mosques in Nigeria and all over the world. Maybe they changed or there are some other obscure beliefs of theirs that people started to question, but back dozens of years and over a hundred years ago, they went far and wide to bring Islam to many faraway places. Even me, I never knew we were once Ahmadiyyas. I recently found out from my Dad that the Ahamadiyya-affiliated groups in Nigeria changed their names in the 70s when the campaign against Ahmadiyyas gained ground. Even my old school, X X Memorial Grammar School, used to be called Ahmadiyya. That's actually how I found out - I was reading about how the school ownership and many other schools were released by the Lagos state government to now return to the original private owners. And my school returned to the Ahmadiyya association. I think I'm remembering that right.

I'l stop there. This was a travel back memory lane.[/size]
Salaam!
They believe Mirza Gulam Ahmad, the founder of the sect is Nabiy Isa Ibn Maryam(AS). They failed to understand up till this day that Mirza Gulam Ahmad is son of Punjabi woman while Jesus is the son of Mary. I actually heard from a Hindu friend who told me that when Jesus was crucified and resurrected, he traveled to India. And that's where he's. I had no idea what he was talking about until i studied more of the sect. There are other heretic creed they have that are in conflict with Quran. They also (at the time of the founder) had close alliance with the British. They are some sort of conspiracy within islam. I have books and pamphlets on them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead / Snoop Dogg And Ice Cube Joined Islam / Lodge Your Complaints Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.