Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? (28778 Views)

Re: How I Discovered Shia Islam Was The True Islam / Swiss English Premier League Star,Philippe Senderos,Embraces (Shia) Islam / Radicalization Of Islam: What Is The Way Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by tbaba1234: 7:18am On Dec 29, 2010
Salam

I personally do not subscribe to the shia ideology, I follow the Quran and the sunnah to the best of my ability. However, I do not not see how arguing over these differences that have existed over thousands of years is of any benefit.

We have to be careful about what we say about the shahaba, they were the closest to the prophet. Allah (SWT) clearly states in the Quran that we should not defame others. We must understand that the shahaba sacrificed a lot for islam and are a major reason we are muslims today.

I do not agree with the shia, but i do not condemn them. May Allah guide us to the truth and help us worship him in the best of ways.

Allah knows best

Salam.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Lagosboy: 10:26am On Dec 29, 2010
tbaba1234:

Salam

I personally do not subscribe to the shia ideology, I follow the Quran and the sunnah to the best of my ability. However, I do not not see how arguing over these differences that have existed over thousands of years is of any benefit. We have to be careful about what we say about the shahaba, they were the closest to the prophet. Allah (SWT) clearly states in the Quran that we should not defame others. We must understand that the shahaba sacrificed a lot for islam and are a major reason we are muslims today.

I do not agree with the shia, but i do not condemn them. May Allah guide us to the truth and help us worship him in the best of ways.

Allah knows best

Salam.

This is my call, this is my stance, this my belief and this is my position.

I studied the shia doctrine in depth to enhance my knowledge but i dont argue, if i have to discuss it has to be in a situation i know will benefit. Discussing here only increases enmity and discord.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 12:22pm On Dec 29, 2010
All those who keep insisting that we should not insult the (bad ones of the) sahaba-take a look how Umar insulted the Prophet and disobeyed him when the Prophet was at his death bed.Umar accused the Prophet of talking "nonsense" because the Prophet asked for writing materials to be brought to him to write a will and a document after which no muslim will go astray!!!in other words,if any muslim goes astray because of that incident in Islam's entire history,it is Umar's fault and Umar will share the punishment of all those who went astray.if such a man can do such a thing,can we love him?must we not know about it and the truth and reality?must we keep showering empty praises on him? talking about these issues do not change the past but it changes our mentality and our whole islamic orientation.we take heed from the past to be stronger for the future as better Muslims:

http://www.answering-ansar.org/answers/pen_and_paper/en/index.php
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2010
Abuzola !:

haba uplawal, don't u know u that we have do'if hadith and sahih. I don cry tire today, haaa haa haaa, are u sure you are okay uplawal ? Sorry for asking ma, you even challenged why the prophet name should be in adhan, lol, very soon if care is not taken hmmm, nawa o, wonder shall never end, i no fit argue again

please dont try to capitalize on that.that all stems from the confusion you have being taught and because you dont follow the Ahlul-Bayt who are the legitimate guides in Islam.so dont mix issues up.

you are the same people who talk against tawassul.therefore eventhough what the sister said was wrong,she still has the right to raise questions and investigate and find out for the truth and seek more knowledge and understand what/why things are done in a particular way.i believe i have thoroughly explained why the Prophet's name must be mentioned (in the shahada) in my previous post.she was talking about the second shahada in salat not adhan.

so if we dont ask and understand do you expect her to live in eternal blindness?we must learn everything and seek knowledge as muslims.no one should stop us from knowledge when the first verse of the Quran revealed was "Iqra","read"!!!
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2010
'@Lagosshia,dnt mind him,see him asking as if i dnt know the daif from the sahih,He dnt know that there are some hadiths that they claimed Sahih that are not sahih at all,but mere fabricated on the Prophet,too bad,may Allah punish all who lie on the prophet,claiming what he dnt do as Sahih.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2010
The supplication on the day of Imam Ali Ibn al-Hussain's matyrdom.also known as ziarat Imam as-Sajjad.

[b][size=16pt]زيارة الامام السجاد(ع)
اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكُمْ يا خُزّانَ عِلْمِ اللّهِ اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكُمْ يا تَراجِمَةَ وَحْىِ اللّهِ اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكُمْ يا اَئِمَّةَ الْهُدى اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكُمْ يا اَعْلامَ التُّقى اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكُمْ يا اَوْلادَ رَسُولِ اللّهِ اَنَا عارِفٌ بِحَقِّكُمْ مُسْتَبْصِرٌ بِشَاءْنِكُمْ مُعادٍ لاِعْداَّئِكُمْ مُوالٍ , لاِوْلِياَّئِكُمْ بِاَبى اَنْتُمْ وَاُمّى صَلَواتُ اللّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ اَللّهُمَّ اِنّى اَتَوالى آخِرَهُمْ كَما تَوالَيْتُ اَوَّلَهُمْ وَاَبْرَءُ مِنْ كُلِّ وَليجَةٍ دُونَهُمْ وَ اَكْفُرُ بِالْجِبْتِ وَالطّاغُوتِ وَاللاّتِ وَالْعُزّى صَلَواتُ اللّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ يا مَوالِىَّ وَرَحْمَةُ اللّهِ وَبَرَكاتُهُ اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يا سَيِّدَ الْعابِدينَ وَسُلالَةَ الْوَصِيّينَ اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يا باقِرَ عِلْمِ النَّبِيّينَ اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يا صادِقاً مُصَدَّقاً فِى الْقَوْلِ وَالْفِعْلِ يا مَوالِىَّ هذا يَوْمُكُمْ وَهُوَ يَوْمُ الثُّلَثاَّءِ وَاَنَا فيهِ ضَيْفٌ لَكُمْ وَمُسْتَجيرٌ بِكُمْ فَاَضيفُونى وَاَجيرُونى بِمَنْزِلَةِ اللّهِ عِنْدَكُمْ وَآلِ بَيْتِكُمُ الطَّيِّبينَ الطّاهِرين[/size][/b]
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2010
Translation (of the above arabic):

Peace be upon you oh treasure keepers of the knowledge of Allah
Peace be upon you oh interpreters of Allah’s revelations
Peace be upon you oh imams of guidance
Peace be upon you oh symbols of taqwa (piety)
Peace be upon you oh children of the Prophet (sa)
I do identify with your right
Knowing your position
I am an enemy to your enemies
And a friend to those friendly toward you
By my father and my mother may be the blessings of Allah be upon you
Oh Allah witness that I support the last of them as I support the first
I seek innocence to every authority (on earth) at their expense
I disbelive in every jibt (socerer and magician ) and al-taghut (satan and tyrant and oppressor)
I disbelieve in al-lat and al-uzza (two idols of Quraysh)
May the peace and blessings be upon you oh friends of the mercy and blessings of Allah
Peace be upon you oh master of the worshippers (i.e. the 4th Imam)
And the decendant of the successors
Peace be upon you AL-BAQER-the splitter of the prophets’ knowledge (i.e. the 5th Imam)
Peace be upon you AL-SADEQ truthful of the truthful in action and words (i.e. the 6th Imam)
Oh my masters,this is your day and it is the day of Tuesday
And I am a vistor to you (visiting them through this supplication)
And getting closer to Allah through you
Therefore be hospitable to me and get me closer to the throne of Allah
Through your position (given by Allah) and the members of the pure and sinless Household (as)
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by muhsin(m): 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2011
Assalamu alaikum,

@Sister Uplawal,

I can't tell any living soul how worried I have been after reading some of your comments on this board regarding Shiite misguided sect. I was wondering whether or not you can indulge me in a discussion sometime soon. I wish the discussion could take place in private, for there I think you will feel more comfortable and be more open in telling me (and am sure my other brothers and sister too want to know) how or what exactly is/are your view(s) concerning some religious matters, but with emphasis on Shiite erroneous creed.

Tell me when, and InshaAllah I'll re-schedule anything I get to do and engage you, Sister. May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path, amin.

Thanks for your good understanding.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2011
@Brother Muhsin,why do you judge?only Allah knows who is on the right path,you people keep saying the Shia's got erroneous belief,and calling them misguided sect,we should not make a mistake calling them such,you call them such simply cos you dnt know how they actually feel for you people too,to them they are rightly guided and you are astray,so stop feeling like its the sunni thats all
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by muhsin(m): 7:11pm On Jan 05, 2011
Sister Uplawal,

I'm very glad at your response, though my time (for now) is finishing. Briefly, you yourself can reflectively judge by yourself: who do I call name (if that can be called call naming, for example to fell their--Shiites, pain)? Some simple people, whom among there is no Sahaba of the prophet, let alone the Prophet's wife (A'isha RA) and/or in-law (Abubakar RA), yet you are advising me to quit. But have you ever reflected at that other act, which they passionately do? Shouldn't they also ASAP quit since the intensity of the "atrocity" I committed is incomparable with their, right?

May Allah increase in your understanding of His Deen, amin. May He guide us all to the right path, amin.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2011
muhsin:

Assalamu alaikum,

@Sister Uplawal,

I can't tell any living soul how worried I have been after reading some of your comments on this board regarding Shiite misguided sect. I was wondering whether or not you can indulge me in a discussion sometime soon. I wish the discussion could take place in private, for there I think you will feel more comfortable and be more open in telling me (and am sure my other brothers and sister too want to know) how or what exactly is/are your view(s) concerning some religious matters, but with emphasis on Shiite erroneous creed.

Tell me when, and InshaAllah I'll re-schedule anything I get to do and engage you, Sister. May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path, amin.

Thanks for your good understanding.

why not let us make an appointment on a clean new thread so that you can engage me?we can do that in the forum and publically and that is comfortable for me.what do you say?
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by muhsin(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2011
^^^

Are you and Uplawal one and the same person? You too, if not because of your dissimulation practice and vilification of the Prophet's Companions, I can well indulge you. That I am stiffly afraid of as I don't know whether or not my Creator will be displeased with me "leading" you committing that damnable and untoward acts.

May Allah, the Exalted, open our hearts and mind to realize truth and give us the ability to follow it; may He give us the wisdom to fathom falsehood and give us the guts to escape it, amin. May He guide us all to the right and straight-forward path, amin.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2011
muhsin:

Are you and Uplawal one and the same person? You too, if not because of your dissimulation practice and vilification of the Prophet's Companions, I can well indulge you. That I am stiffly afraid of as I don't know whether or not my Creator will be displeased with me "leading" you committing that damnable and untoward acts.

May Allah, the Exalted, open our hearts and mind to realize truth and give us the ability to follow it; may He give us the wisdom to fathom falsehood and give us the guts to escape it, amin. May He guide us all to the right and straight-forward path, amin.

no i am not the same person as "uplawal".

i did not ask for your poetry.and what i presented was not about dissimulation or your so called "villification" of the so called companions.no need to be a drama queen as i know very well you care less about whether or not i am damned for your so called "villification".you'd more or less be happy if i am damned for cursing the evil companions (not the good ones).

so it is your call.if you are sure enough of what you believe and you dont have anything to hide or lie,then lets do it.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by isalegan2: 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2011
Okay, I don't want to prolong this thread, but I have one, hopefully, final question:

What is the Shia view of intermarriage between them and "other" muslims?  For example, a muslim woman is discouraged (really, prohibited) from marrying a non-muslim. 

So, from the Shia perspective, a Sunni woman and a Shia man?  Do you require the woman does anything before the Shia man will marry her? I mean, a real permanent Nikkah marriage.

Salaam.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2011
isale_gan2:

Okay, I don't want to prolong this thread, but I have one, hopefully, final question:

What is the Shia view of intermarriage between them and "other" muslims? For example, a muslim woman is discouraged (really, prohibited) from marrying a non-muslim.

So, from the Shia perspective, a Sunni woman and a Shia man? Do you require the woman does anything before the Shia man will marry her? I mean, a real permanent Nikkah marriage.

Salaam.

it is highly mustahab (prefered) that both the partners be of the same school of thought.however there is really no fatwa or harm that forbids intermarriage between sunnis and shia.a shia man can marry a sunni woman.as for our women it is makrooh (disliked) for her to marry a sunni if that relationship would be a cover to the truth or a compulsion for her to abandon it and ignore the truth.generally,a shia and sunni can intermarry and it is not haram as is the case with non-muslims.this has being answered earlier by me.am not sure if it was in this thread or another.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 10:24pm On Feb 09, 2011
[size=16pt]14 Lessons from Karbala - Article by Ayatollah Saafi Gulpaygani[/size]

Humanity has been provided with many lessons to learn from the events at Karbala. It is a source of divine enlightenment and a true road to the salvation of mankind.

Don't Accept Humiliation

In one of his speeches, Imam Hussain (peace be upon him) said that the authorities in Kufa had given him only two options: humiliation or death. He carried on saying, "And we do not accept humiliation."

A tradition reported by Imam Sadiq (peace be upon him) records that, other than not accepting humiliation, Almighty Allah has given to believers a choice in all matters.

Keep an Open Mind

This means thinking independently and being just in one's judgments, not simply following others blindly and keeping one's eyes closed. On the day of Ashura, Imam Hussain addressed Yazid's troops (may Allah remove His mercy from them): "O followers of Abu Sufyan! If you are not following the teachings of Islam, then as freemen, be independent of judgment. On what basis do you fight me now?"

A Deeper Understanding of Death

Few people desire death. The Holy Qur'an challenges the Jews for not welcoming death in view of their alleged special relationship with Almighty Allah. Imam Hussain deepened our comprehension of death by drawing attention to the three points below:

Death is written for everyone and no soul can escape it. He said: "Death is an adornment of life as a necklace is an adornment of a beautiful woman."
Death with dignity is preferable to a life lived in humiliation.
Dying for the cause of Islam is martyrdom and a great honor. In his farewell to relatives in Madina, the Imam said: "Whoever joins us will be martyred, those who remain behind will miss the victory."
Awareness

Desertion is discouraged via military court martial and firing squads. A commander has never given troops permission to evade the battlefield before or after Imam Hussain. The Imam himself would like them all to be aware of the consequences of the impending action before any accepted the challenge.

Support the Truth

Imam Hussain announced: "Don't you see that truth has been replaced by falsehood? We must be prepared to sacrifice everything that is precious in support of Truth!"

Truth is the essence of Islam and fortifies the values emphasized in the Holy Qur'an. Hadrat Ali Akbar asked his father: "Are we not on the right path?" The Imam replied in the affirmative. Hadrat Ali Akbar then said: "Then, it makes no difference if death comes to us or if we approach death."

Never Too Late to Repent

Hurr al-Riyahi, the first commander to surround Imam Hussain's troops and prevent their access to the water of Euphrates, provides an excellent illustration of repentance. Regretting his action, he asked Imam Hussain if his repentance would be accepted. The Imam told him that it is never too late to repent. Hurr joined Imam Hussain's camp and was honored by being one of the first martyrs.

Fidelity and Loyalty

Fidelity is a characteristic admired by all. If friends meet in times of comfort and wealth but leave when hardships and difficulties strike, it is clear that their friendship is not true. On the day of Ashura, Imam Hussain told John, a servant of the renowned companion Hadrat Abu Dhar: "You have accompanied us all the way but now you may go." John replied: "It is not fair that I benefit from your company and hospitality but abandon you in your hardship." His attitude exemplifies fidelity, loyalty and true friendship.

Participation of the Ladies

Without Lady Zainab's participation in Karbala, the mission of Imam Hussain could not have been fulfilled.

The Pleasure of Allah

The objective of all believers should be to please Almighty Allah. Imam Hussain said in one of his speeches that the only objective of the Prophet's Holy Household (peace be upon them) is to please Allah. Whenever he saw family members martyred, he would utter: "It's bearable only because Allah is its witness."

Giving Preference to the Needs of Others

In Islamic terminology, giving preference to the needs of others is referred to as Ithaar. On the day of Ashura, the actions of Hadrat Abbas, brother of Imam Hussain, exemplify Ithaar. Hadrat Abbas fought bravely to gain access to the water of Euphrates. He gave no consideration to his own thirst but strove instead to bring water to the tents for the women and children.

Patience in Adversity

Allah tells us in the Holy Qur'an that only those who remain patient will receive reward without measure. Imam Hussain, a living example of what the Qur'an taught, was happy to "remain patient" in hardship and endurance and to await his Lords reward. His patience wasn't out of weakness or helplessness, but it was a demonstration of his steadfastness and bravery. Those who saw the Imam on the day of Ashura reported. "We have never seen a man remaining as composed as Imam Hussain, whereas his relatives and children were slaughtered before his eyes."

Significance of Amr bil-Ma'roof

Imam Hussain declared in a speech that the only objective of seeking this reform was to emphasize the significance of Amr bil-Ma'roof and Nahi-anil-Munkar (Enjoining good and forbidding evil).

Use of Lawful Means to Reach a Goal

Imam Hussain tried to stop Umar ibn Sa'ad from pursuing his evil objectives. He said to him: "You are promised the government of Ray (modern-day Tehran), yet you will never eat the wheat of that area." Ibn Sa'ad responded: "Its barley will suffice!" Realizing that he couldn't change Ibn Sa'ad's mind, Imam Hussain said: "Those who use unlawful means to achieve their objectives never attain them."

Chastity and Hijab

After the tragedy of Ashura, women and children became prisoners of war and were taken first from Karbala to Kufa, and then to Damascus. They were tortured en route and forced to walk behind the soldiers who carried the heads of Imam Hussain and his companions mounted on spears. When they arrived at Yazid's headquarter in Damascus, Imam Sajjad (peace be upon him) asked that the heads be removed from the proximity of the women and children in order to protect them from spectators.

http://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/clergy-corner/14-lessons-from-karbala.html
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by babylolaroy(f): 7:08am On Dec 05, 2013
what a thread!!!
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Mujah1deen: 7:39am On Dec 05, 2013
Please my Shia brothers make your posts/comments shorter, I think it is better to write many short comments than write two long and boring comments thank you
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by babylolaroy(f): 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
your shia brothers
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by AlBaqir(m): 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
babylolaroy: your shia brothers

Haha. Lol. Sister waduudah!
In your opinion ma'am, is shi'a muslim and Sunni muslim not brothers?

Don't tell me you don join the "Takfiri" bus o. Lol!

There's a covalent bond that bond us together and that is the kalimatain.

"Respect your fellow either as a brother in faith or a brother in humanity". ~Imam Ali.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by babylolaroy(f): 8:26am On Dec 08, 2013
Al-Baqir:

"Respect your fellow either as a brother in faith or a brother in humanity". ~Imam Ali.
ofcourse. Am not saying there is no bond. Buh when he said so, i thot maybe he was a shia too and i never knew
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by BetaThings: 5:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
Al-Baqir:

Do you (as a Shia) deny that anybody who calls himself a muslim and does not believe in the wilayat of Ali is kafir and should be killed?
Do you (as a Shia) deny that at the time of the Al-Raj'ah anyone who does not believe in the wilayat of Ali will be killed?
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 10:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
BetaThings:

Do you (as a Shia) deny that anybody who calls himself a muslim and does not believe in the wilayat of Ali is kafir and should be killed?
Do you (as a Shia) deny that at the time of the Al-Raj'ah anyone who does not believe in the wilayat of Ali will be killed?

grin
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 11:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
Someone is really mistaking the Shia for Wahhabis/Salafists and their sick ideology of terror.

It would be ideal though for us to know how many of those who call themselves Muslims but do not believe in the Wilayah of Ali (as) have been killed and their mosques destroyed for that reason? We see a genocide in Pakistan against the Shia and massacres in Iraq,and the destruction of their mosques and civilian lives.yet with all the effontery we have someone disregarding the facts and asking ridiculous questions on issues that the Shia do not adhere to and do not believe in,but they believe killing anyone for his belief goes against the sanctity of life upheld in the Holy Quran (in Surat al-Israa) and the freedom of belief in Surat al-Kahf V29.

Who are those calling themselves Muslims that kill Christians and destroy their churches the world over? Is it the Shia? I have never heard that in the news.who blow themselves in Shia mosques? Who randomly and indiscriminate target Shia civilians in Iraq for no crime than them being Shia? Is it the Shia? It is those among Sunnis that adhere to the Wahhabi/Salafist cult.

Bring one example of a Shia suicide bomber in a Sunni mosque or Christian church.if you cant bring one example then shut up.this challenge has previously been put up and you failed.i am still waiting for your example even with the passing of time.

Why try to be ridiculous? If not for the Shia scholars who uphold the principles of the Quran,due to anger of the masses there would have remained no Sunni in Iraq.after every massacre,as it happened in 2006 with the bombing of the Askariyyah Mosque (an holy Shia site) in Samarra,Ayatollah Sistani passed a fatwa to forbid any vengeful attack on Sunnis. Yet there are Wahhabi/Salafist cleric that do not spare a second in inciting bloodshed and killing of Muslims.which Quran do you follow? Have you not read "there is no compulsion in religion"? Have you not read "Let him who wills believe,and let him who wills disbelieve"? Have you not read "for you your religion and to me my religion"? You have destroyed the image of Islam and Muslims.look at nairaland how Christians view Muslims with contempt.it is your shedding of innocent blood that is responsible.so much so that even the rightful cause Muslims have a right to defend in Palestine and elsewhere are no longer tolerated or treated with sympathy.they see all Muslims as the same and troublemakers.if not for divine privilege of being a Shia Muslim and a follower of the Ahlul-Bayt (as),i cannot stand Islam under the Sunni branch of Banu Umayyah.Hind ate the liver of Hamza (as) and today her followers in Syria are eating the severed heart of the dead.her grandson (yazeed) beheaded the grandson of the Prophet (Imam Hussain) and today the followers of the ummayyad legacy behead people and mutilate their bodies.do we follow the "islam" of Banu Ummayyah (and the traditions of jahiliyyah Quraish) or do we follow the mercy of mercy preached by Prophet Muhammad (sa) and his oppressed Ahlul-Bayt (as)? The choice is yours!
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by BetaThings: 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
LagosShia:

grin
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by AlBaqir(m): 6:37am On Dec 09, 2013
BetaThings:

Many a times when I scan through your comments or thread against Shi'a, I always ask myself do you ever think in the reflection of your alias "betathing". The hatred you have for shi'ism has blinded your conscience, block your heart that common sense has become no sense and vice versa.

I'm sorry for the upcoming generation under your watchful mentality.

When I look at many muslim here on nairaland, I can see the way their mentality have been imprison and hatred incited into their heart. Islam is known to be characterized with the display of knowledge, wisdom and good morals not barbarism, foolishness and ill-thinking with low mentality.
May Allah cure the diseases of your heart, free you from the shackle of hatred, remove the lid that blind your eyes and lift the block that seal your heart by the station of Muhammad and his household in the sight of Allah.
As a typical Nasibi, I don't expect ameen to that prayer because your enemy has always been the ahl al-bayt. You profess their love by mouth while your heart is about to be burn hearing their blessed names.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 8:21am On Dec 09, 2013
BetaThings:

Back to sender.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by lafex: 8:26am On Dec 15, 2013
why do shia legalise contract marriage
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by AlBaqir(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2013
lafex: why do shia legalise contract marriage

Allah and His prophet legalized it (surah Nisa :24). And note there are many hadith in the books of ahlu sunnah that gave the reason why the above ayah was revealed.

Both Sunni and Shia believed Nikkah Mut'a (temporary marriage) was legalized by Allah and His prophet. The point of differences is while Sunni holds that the holy prophet (saws) has cancelled it before he died, Shi'a holds that hadith (saying of the prophet) can NEVER cancel verse of the Qur'an; therefore, the practice stays till day of judgment.

In fact, correct hadith showed that the holy prophet never forbids it rather the 2nd caliph, Umar forbid it saying: "There were two Mut'a practiced during the time of the prophet; temporary marriage and Hajj, I however forbid it and whoever practice it will be punished."

His son, Abdullah ibn Umar was asked about Mut'a and he said it is established by Allah. Thereupon, he was told about his father's verdict. Abdullah Ibn Umar said: "Do you follow Allah or my father?"

Many Sunni scholars denied Mut'a out of ignorance or hypocrisy whereas it is (was) part of Islam though many of them admit it was part of Islam but later forbidden.

Its just unfortunate that many things legalized in Islam for tangible reasons have been morally and mentally abused. See the case of multiple marriage with the condition attached to it. Has it not been abused and violated?

A man full of sexual urge, who happened to be a Soldier or his work took him far away from his spouse, what's Islam solution to his problem if truly Islam is a complete way of life? In fact this was the very reason the holy prophet (saws) legalized Mut'a nikkah as stated in sahih Muslim.

Sunni says such a person should fast while Shi'a allow temporary marriage.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by lafex: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
Why do shiites dont pray behind sunni
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by AlBaqir(m): 7:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
lafex: Why do shiites dont pray behind sunni

It is the other way round dear brother. Shi'a prays behind sunni. I am a shi'a muslim and I pray behind sunni Imams. It is the sunni salafi that declared shi'a to be kafir thereby cannot pray behind a 'kafir'. In fact Imam khomeini in his 'Tarihu wasila' strongly advice Shi'a to bury animousity and pray behind sunni to foster unity.

Then individual differences also play its role.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by lafex: 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
Al-Baqir:

It is the other way round dear brother. Shi'a prays behind sunni. I am a shi'a muslim and I pray behind sunni Imams. It is the sunni salafi that declared shi'a to be kafir thereby cannot pray behind a 'kafir'. In fact Imam khomeini in his 'Tarihu wasila' strongly advice Shi'a to bury animousity and pray behind sunni to foster unity.

Then individual differences also play its role.
why am asking is that I schooled in ABU and I had friends that are shia and they never pray behind sunnis throughout my schooling there. They prefer praying alone. And once again I said ABU and I think you know some fact about ABU when talking about islam

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead / Snoop Dogg And Ice Cube Joined Islam / Lodge Your Complaints Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.