Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,430 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? (28194 Views)

Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos / Different Dates Of Birth On IPPIS And BVN. Any Salary Payment Problem ? / IPPIS Operators Manipulating Platform- Audit Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Ijaya123: 2:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
Randy100:
FG should concentrate on how to make Bubu have some sense instead of fighting ASUU.

Your right. After citizens like you starts showing that you have sense.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by pek(m): 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
thatigboman:
it's like isreal and palestine
Israel not isreal
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by kripen(m): 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
AntiBalaka:

Nothing wrong with having lecturers at 70yrs. Judges retire at 70 and the supreme Court is a lifetime appointment .

The useless ASUU are being sponsored by VCs who know that IPPIS will expose ghost workers.

The unions in Nigeria do not fight for the rights of the workers but rather the same administration they are supposed to check.

All union members in the federal, and state civil service including that of ASUU were sponsored by management .

Union members are extremely corrupt

I was in a discuss with some people 2day during the protest of students of university of Benin. I told them that they should not be surprised that the staged protest can be as a result of this ippis issue, so as to make it look like without their autonomy nothing tangible can happen in FG universities.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by EbubeSolo: 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
Imagine NAIRALAND labelled this post 'ROMANCE'.�����
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by asunmoGGMU(m): 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
DTeekay:
I didn't want to mention it in my earlier post, but if you see the amount of quacks I worked with while handling payslips of Federal Staff for my Pension Organization you will marvel.

Some begged me to fill form for them, some came with relatives to fill form for the , these are not retirees o, active staff.

One that introduced himself as a principal in a federal secondary school, I was amazed. He couldn't even speak good English or write, I was wondering how this person can impact knowledge on our children.

How do the country develop with this kind of people in our Federal Civil Service?
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Sholaco: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
ASUU problem of the nation
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
sinkhole:
oh thank God we have an IPPIS expert here grin please could help clear these issues?
Assuming an academics from Japan wants to come and visit UNILAG for six months.
How easy will it be for such a person to enroll in IPPIS?
How soon will such a person start receiving his/her emoluments?
Where will such a person do the IPPIS enrolment?
Thank you, as I await your response wink

1. I personally have always wondered why governments (federal and state) don't use automated payroll systems to process salaries, as they are 99.9% effective at eliminating ghost workers, and creating better accountability due to the fact that systems are always created with audit trails.

2. There is absolutely no payroll system worth it's salt that handles payroll for different employee groups in exactly the same way - even in organizations of less than 1,000 across multiple subsidiaries. I bet you that very few of the 459 ministries and agencies already on IPPIS have their payroll processed in the exact same way - even within a single entity, there would be multiple variations. If ASUU is complaining that IPPIS cannot handle payment promotion arrears, specific allowances e.t.c, are they saying that folks in the other MDAs don't get paid arrears and allowances as well?

3. Why is it only ASUU that has come out to say an automated payroll system that absolutely no one has ever as much as labeled fraudulent, is tainted with fraud cos they dont want to be paid with it?

4. Unless the universities are self-funding, it doesn't make any sense to claim that cos of autonomy, they should not be paid on IPPIS. If anything, ASUU is promoting leaks in the government coffers to spend without accountability.

5. I can't say for a fact that foreign lecturers on sabbaticals would be paid via IPPIS, but even if then, ASUU should be fighting for improved efficiencies, not continuing to operate in the dark.

6. Lagos State Government has had something similar - Oracle for well over a decade - probably why you don't get to hear about ghost workers with their civil service.

6. Just so you know, I have worked on payroll implementations and management on a few ERPs, so I know exactly what I'm talking about.

1 Like

Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Holysholay: 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
ASUU resist IPPIS cos it affects University Autonomy. Let me just mention few points: 1. Lets assume staff is to b promoted to AP or Prof. cadre, their papers must be sent out for examination, this might sometimes take 1, 2 to 3 years. D ideal is dat their promotion wil b backdated to d date dey are supposed to be promoted and all arears paid. No provision for this in IPPIS. 2. Department might need lecturers urgently, d VC has d power to giv temporary appointment and such staff enters d university payroll system immediately... only God knows if d process involved in IPPIS wil giv room for dat. 3. During recruitment as also the case of point number 2, it is believed that even when d VC goes to abuja regarding staff recruitment, Gov Agency will b able to dictate to the University who is to b employed, afterall dey are d one incharge of data capturing. 4. D services of certain Profs are needed in d university, possibly due to d scarcity of experts in their field. d system log them out immediately.... 5. staff of other parastatals already captured on IPPIS claimed dat staff of the same cadre are getting different salaries... difference up to d tune of 60K. d technical know how is poor for now. 6. On point number 5, d university wil not b able to correct asap if such happen. Many on IPPIS claimed dey refer dem to Abuja to complaint, nd wen dey get there, dey send dem back to their parastatal... with no feasible solution. 7. etc

1 Like

Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Holysholay: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
Moreso, as many that has claimed that IPPIS is best. Let us suggest that the National Assembly, our senators be paid via IPPIS.... then we will know if its good or not.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
Officialgarri:
Lecturers—individually— will not reject the IPPIS thing but the ASUU leadership will because of what they stand to gain.

If payments are made directly by IPPIS, how will ASUU enjoy the benefits of bank interests on money directly deposited by them.

What are you saying? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Officialgarri: 6:28pm On Nov 01, 2019
faceURfront:

What are you saying? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Face your front undecided
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
The points ASUU is agitating for can equally be capture in the IPPIS scheme... No be just IT work? iT expert can write an IT program that will capture their yearnings as far as it is in accordance with the law.
They just gave points that suites their own sentiment but what about working out modalities with the federal government to ensure the issue of ghost workers and double salary is nip in the bud...

My children will not go to any of this government school... Because so many of them are just time waster... Can you imagine?

1 Like

Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by kripen(m): 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
Gforce2015:
The points ASUU is agitating for can equally be capture in the IPPIS scheme... No be just IT work? iT expert can write an IT program that will capture their yearnings as far as it is in accordance with the law.
They just gave points that suites their own sentiment but what about working out modalities with the federal government to ensure the issue of ghost workers and double salary is nip in the bud...

My children will not go to any of this government school... Because so many of them are just time waster... Can you imagine?

Not only time waster , they are not innovative. Imagine universitie don we hope on to fine-tune modalities of moving this country forward technologically are the one bluntly against this ippis. This country is finished, Agriculture professor without farm, or Engineer professor who can't detect a minor electrical fault in a vehicle...
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Khaleell001(m): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2019
Randy100:
FG should concentrate on how to make Bubu have some sense instead of fighting ASUU.

Haba now.
Look at the issue properly now. It shouldn't always be about Baba.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by obioraval(m): 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
AntiBalaka:

The era of ministers and heads of agencies putting staff salaries in fixed deposits ended with IPPIS.

From the reasons given by ASUU it's clear that the universities are filled with quacks parading as academia

Lolz.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
kripen:

Not only time waster , they are not innovative. Imagine universitie don we hope on to fine-tune modalities of moving this country forward technologically are the one bluntly against this ippis. This country is finished, Agriculture professor without farm, or Engineer professor who can't detect a minor electrical fault in a vehicle...

So much ignorance in one post shocked

1 Like

Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
Gforce2015:

...what about working out modalities with the federal government to ensure the issue of ghost workers and double salary is nip in the bud...

This shows you don't even have the facts of the matter. Some of you just like the sound of your voice, so all you do is just talk. Maybe it makes you feel good. Go back and do a bit of fact finding before you go to the public domain to offer an opinion.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
faceURfront:

This shows you don't even have the facts of the matter. Some of you just like the sound of your voice, so all you do is just talk. Maybe it makes you feel good. Go back and do a bit of fact finding before you go to the public domain to offer an opinion.

What is ASUU saying? Domesticate this IPPIS template in each university, capturing the perculiarities of the university system. Infact, ASUU told the FG they are willing to assist FG in doing this.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Japhet31: 11:28pm On Nov 01, 2019
AntiBalaka:

Nigerian universities are worse as it is filled with shameless plagiarizing idiots .

One idiot quoted in verbatim an abstract I wrote 20yrs ago and had the audacity to publish it online.

Seriously? What field
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Rating(m): 11:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
Why does it seem FG is adamant and not ready to compromise on this IPPIS-ASUU ish? A system is only as good as the people running it. ASUU needs to make better media (educated) noise on their positions.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by CaptainMitch: 11:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
I have extensive training on Ippis it's very rigid and controlled, you need training and retraining, I will be going for more training next week. Ippis is a payment platform, you acquire one IPPIS number and you use it for life, the problem is it's not easy to enlist people into IPPIS database easily so universities won't be able to recruit easily again. As soon as you are captured you start getting paid end of that month

sinkhole:
oh thank God we have an IPPIS expert here grin please could help clear these issues?
Assuming an academics from Japan wants to come and visit UNILAG for six months.
How easy will it be for such a person to enroll in IPPIS?
How soon will such a person start receiving his/her emoluments?
Where will such a person do the IPPIS enrolment?
Thank you, as I await your response wink
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by tomdon(m): 12:49am On Nov 02, 2019
Why did the FG wait till now? It's long overdue
ASUU has no valid point

1 Like

Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by CodeTemplar: 12:57am On Nov 02, 2019
witsel4:
Federal government should respect their initial agreement with the ASUU on autonomy of the institution. It is in the MOU.
Even Harvard with all her reputation still renders account to public talk less of ASUU and Naija universities. They are FG employees and they shouldn't dictate to their employers.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by CodeTemplar: 12:59am On Nov 02, 2019
iAudio:
ASUU is 100% correct. IPPIS should develop a separate template for ASUU in order to accommodate their plight.

Believe me, if not for IPPIS, some Ministeries may not have been able to pay salaries since 2015.
How do you accommodate allowances that were granted mischievously and fraudulently as a result of the abused autonomy. Any reasonable allowance should be justified on the pages of papers also.

1 Like

Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by CodeTemplar: 1:04am On Nov 02, 2019
ArcSEMPECJ:
This is going to be a battle as each party has its own goal to protect , but Federal Govt should look into their cries and include all they said IPPS will erase into ASUU scheme,...

You can't eat your own in peace and create problem in other people's own.....
Not all of those allowances were granted by employer (FG) but by the lecturers themselves by reason of autonomy.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by CodeTemplar: 1:41am On Nov 02, 2019
HospitalityDiva:

IPPIS is a beautiful innovative solution to so many corrupt practice in MDAs. Amongst other things, it takes the payment of salaries from the responsiblities of the different MDAs.

So far, the Federal Civil services, the police, army, Civil Defense, FRSC, etc have been enrolled.

I was against the action of the of the ASUU to reject its enrollment into the IPPIS platform. I thought it was suspicious.

However, after reading this, and seeing some of their concerns, I am wont to partly agree with their stance.

The university system is different from operations of other MDAs. Those reasons for their rejection of their enrolement are quite valid.

Perhaps, some kind of modification should be made on the IPPIS application, or each school should have a local IPPIS office on campus to address and liase with the IPPIS Abuja office, when some of these issues need attention.
One key modification I propose here is the use of fingerprint to ensure a lecturer is at the particular location he or she claims to be in. If a unified fingerprint system is available across all lecture halls, it becomes hard or impossible for lecturers to skip lectures themselves and it will go a long way in checking the menace of ghost lecturers dropping handouts with student until final two weeks of semester. That way FG can be sure they are doing the work they claim to be doing or at least aren't somewhere else.

By the way, most of the allowances they are pushing for in the IPPIS were granted too softly only because they had autonomy to influence their own pay slip.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by CodeTemplar: 1:47am On Nov 02, 2019
Sirwallace:
So much to do with Nigeria Against Nigeria progress.
Surprisingly coming from the so called intellectuals from our school.

They know the IPPIS will be the end of their multiple pay slips and ghost workers in our schools.

When I was in school, I used to see some lecturers once in a semester. The vagabonds only come to school when exam is near, ditch out materials to junior lecturers, set exams then take off. Most of them are busy lecturing in other public and private schools neglecting the school that employ them.

Imagine an engineering department having less than 15 lecturers from level 2 - level 5 with an average of 10 courses per semester in all levels.
Half of those 15 are more or less part time lecturers who come to school whenever they are free from their outside hustle.

If I were the president, as I have mandated every one of the to enrol in the system, if anyone failed to do so, that person appointment with the FG would be terminated.

I know they will threaten and go on mass action. Any lecturer who join the mass action would also be sacked indefinitely. Afterall most of them are incompetent. New qualified lecturers will be recruited to fill their spot with the IPPIS syst clearly written on their appointment letter.
Even the Unilorin 44 had their way against their employers.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Nobody: 4:37am On Nov 02, 2019
CodeTemplar:
How do you accommodate allowances that were granted mischievously and fraudulently as a result of the abused autonomy. Any reasonable allowance should be justified on the pages of papers also.
you very correct. IPPIS will be shocked to see what they earn. But other points ASUU raised are valid too.

1 Like

Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Nobody: 4:46am On Nov 02, 2019
faceURfront:

You haven't said anything...

1 Like

Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 02, 2019
Gforce2015:

You haven't said anything...

Then your problems are many. Perhaps you need to take a crash course in Comprehension.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by sinkhole: 7:47am On Nov 02, 2019
CaptainMitch:
I have extensive training on Ippis it's very rigid and controlled, you need training and retraining, I will be going for more training next week. Ippis is a payment platform, you acquire one IPPIS number and you use it for life, the problem is it's not easy to enlist people into IPPIS database easily so universities won't be able to recruit easily again. As soon as you are captured you start getting paid end of that month

you just said it, as ASUU has been shouting, "it is not easy to enlist people into IPPIS database"!
Universities are peculiar and IPPIS, as it is currently, can not accommodate them! THERE MUST be VISITING academics, as it is done all over the world and for short period of time (six months) and they do not need to be enlisted on the payroll for life.
Re: What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? by CaptainMitch: 7:51am On Nov 02, 2019
Yes and they will need super admin with access right on standby to solve any challenges, the people that run IPPIS at accountant general office treat workers badly so if there's any complaints it would take some time to be resolved. Each school should train an Ippis staff do background checks and give them wide ranging powers and everything is solved.

sinkhole:
you just said it, as ASUU has been shouting, "it is not easy to enlist people into IPPIS database"!
Universities are peculiar and IPPIS, as it is currently, can not accommodate them! THERE MUST be VISITING academics, as it is done all over the world and for short period of time (six months) and they do not need to be enlisted on the payroll for life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recent News About Nigeria Merchant Navy. / Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS / Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.