Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? (24983 Views)

Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu / Reno Omokri: Osinbajo can Only Win Tinubu By Consensus / Can El-rufai Bring Down The Wall Of Bourdillon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nedekid: 1:15pm On Nov 01, 2019
iammo:
cool

El Rufai is a small boy in politics and if not for buhari tsunami of 2015 he wouldnt have became a governor, Tinubu has being a major force since 93 with the SDPs his contacts extends nigeria, west africa and argueable africa.. he has loyalist in both PDP and APC, even US and UK embassy visits him from time to time

There are two powerful western power brokers who have access to chatam house and western powers and thats Tinubu and Obasanjo, just a phone call from Obasanjo , Atiku was made PDP flagbearer and given visa ban waiver to US, and twice Buhari intentionally made Tinubu the chiarman of his presidential campaign team because he knows tinubu's influence, even Ghanians Presidents first ever visit was to Tinubu after he deployed his machinery to boot out thier former president

Come out streight.
Tinubu or El rufai

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by kaey10(m): 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
AntiBalaka:

And you think the north will vote a yaribanza over their own?

You people are truly deluded.

Since 1999, the core north has always voted a northern Muslim.

Why do you think that will change in 2023?

To win elections in Nigeria you must clinch the middle belt .

This is what Buhari achieved in 2015.

Tinubu has no political structure or connections in the north central other than in Kwara which Saraki is plotting to reclaim.

How in God's name do you expect the north and north central to vote Tinubu?

South south n southeast won't vote tinubu either
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by iammo(m): 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
Tinubu

however i bet he is going to nominate osinbajo or fashola and remain a king maker

nedekid:

Come out streight.
Tinubu or El rufai

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Eastlink(m): 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2019
crazygod:
Can Sullivan Chime declare that he wants to run? As as Ijaw man, I will definitely campaign for him even with my humble resources
Sullivan Chime is dope. He's proven and tested.
The APC may consider him among other candidates in the party.

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by yemiyemi: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
Sabby1:
They are both incapable of fixing Nigeria.

The best thing that will happen to Nigeria is for States to be independent and fund their activities from their own income, earnings and revenue

Anyway, some tribal bigots will come to this thread just to display their stupidity

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by engrchykae(m): 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
orisa37:
Neither of them. They are Selfish and wicked. Osinbajo has Supreme Experience. He can discipline El Rufai, having El Rufai as his VP. Otherwise, Yorubas might prefer Wike or Okorocha to Tinubu. And if APC remains unserious, Yorubas might lure Osinbajo to go PDP where they might pair Saraki with him to call off The Bluff of these Terrorists Fulanis and their Egbira Bokoharam.
osibanjo/David mark will do the magic.
Southeast south south would prefer to back these two than have a northwest born to rule slowpoke with an igbo mere commissioner
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nedekid: 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
mercyville:
If Tinubu comes forth for the presidency,he has the midas touch and I have observed that anything he touches becomes a success,I will vote for him for a progressive Nigeria.Most of the times,the spiritual controls the physical.
You obviously know nothing of the man you so wish for. His greed is why Lagos is in a terrible state now with the roads, streetlights etc not working. All Lagos money must be banked in preparation or funding 2023 ambition. Why do you think lasma, vio etc was recalled on the streets? Don't you know the billions they generate? Of which a huge percentage goes to a consulting firm? Do you not realise that Chicago mafia format is being used.

Ok. 2015 elections one of the foremost candidates in an Eastern state approached the Chicago God father to cross over to his party and Carry the flag. In that meeting Mr Chicago demanded for 40% of the states income! 40% of total state income!
The fellow backed out. He is currently a minister.

2 Likes

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nairalandankrah: 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
kaey10:

South south n southeast won't vote tinubu either
I think they will..the south vote mostly along civil/ religious/ lines..they will NEVER vote a PERCIEVED muslim Extremist.. Tinubu stands a better chance in the east/south

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Eastlink(m): 1:28pm On Nov 01, 2019
engrchykae:
osibanjo/David mark will do the magic.
Southeast south south would prefer to back these two than have a northwest born to rule slowpoke with an igbo mere commissioner
Osibanjo isn't a bad choice but that won't fly in the SE/SS. Why, because the Yoruba's have had their turn. Presidency 8 years and VP 8 years.

The only way the SE/SS will support the APC is when either a Ken Nnamani, Chibuike Amaechi or Sullivan Chime of the party is chosen as the Presidential flagbearer. Anything other than this is DOA.

2 Likes

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nairalandankrah: 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
nedekid:

You obviously know nothing of the man you so wish for. His greed is why Lagos is in a terrible state now with the roads, streetlights etc not working. All Lagos money must be banked in preparation or funding 2023 ambition. Why do you think lasma, vio etc was recalled on the streets? Don't you know the billions they generate? Of which a huge percentage goes to a consulting firm? Do you not realise that Chicago mafia format is being used.

Ok. 2015 elections one of the foremost candidates in an Eastern state approached the Chicago God father to cross over to his party and Carry the flag. In that meeting Mr Chicago demanded for 40% of the states income! 40% of total state income!
The fellow backed out. He is currently a minister.
Hmmm
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by ajebuter(f): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
I'm a Lagosian born, bred and by parentage..

Between BAT my homie and El Rufai an aabokii..

I will vote an abokki rather than my homie.

That should mean something to the wise ones

2 Likes

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by bizhop01: 1:38pm On Nov 01, 2019
What kind of nonsense questions is this?
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nairalandankrah: 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
Harrynight:
Both in cash and in everything Jagaban will beat El rufai hands down.

Btw; they take ancestors do us for this country?
Tinubu should be an elder stateman
Funny you.. But true
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by ORIENTATION101: 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2019
AntiBalaka:

Well you are right about the destiny of a Yoruba presidency not being in the hands of the south.

The only Yoruba presidency was gotten as a result of northern charity - see Obasanjo in 1976 and 1999.

If the north wills a Yoruba presidency so shall it be. It is on this premise that Tinubu is banking his entire loot on that Buhari will rig him into power.

Let us assume Buhari even rigs tinubu into power can Tinubu manage the office? Hell No!. There will be a coup in 6mths and nobody will cry for Tinubu.
blablablabla who is el rufai
El rufai that cannot win election in southern kaduna cheesygrin
El rufai popularity starts and end in northern kaduna maybe part of kaduna central. Outside kaduna el rufai is a nobodygrin

The midget that was crying all over the media space because tinubu supported fayemi over him as NGF chairmangrin
Where was his imaginary northern votes that cannot make him wincheesy

Same el rufai sponsored Bago as speaker over Tinubu back gbajabiamila .gbaja trashed Bago and his sponsorer mercilessly with over 280 - 76 votes.

Same el rufai relocated to Abuja recently to lobby and join buhari for china trip only for his luggage's to be thrown out of aso Rockcheesygrin

Tinubu a private citizen has more acess to buhari over your imaginary el rufai who is a sitting governor .in fact working visit el rufai is not welcomed in aso Rock.

El rufai himself dare not say the useless stuff u have been vomiting.

Senate President Ahmed lawan, speaker gbajabiamilla, SGF boss mustapha, apc chairman oshomole, senator aliyu wammako, Ganduje, Ribadu, magu,buratai , ex gov and present senator shettima, e.t.c all belongs to Tinubu camp .

Tinubu camp got number 2,3,4 position in Nigeria today.

You re mentioning one midget that cannot guarantee himself whole of kaduna votes in same space with tinubu is like brain is paining you

2 Likes

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Yoighaman(m): 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
Eastlink:
He led NADECO from exile, lol! Maybe behind his tails when he was fleeing Abacha. Stop deceiving the younger generations with such lies. You can't change the truth so easily.
We know who led NADECO, the likes of Pa Alfred Rewane, Pa Enahoro, Ndubuisi Kanu, Pa Reuben Fasoranti and many others.
Tinubu was a nobody back then.

Tinubu was a nobody back then? Are you serious about this assertion? Do you call someone that bankrolled an entire organization like NADECO a nobody? what could all the people you mentioned have done without Tinubu, he was their chief financier and a strong force in NADECO, why do you think Funsho Williams was asked to step down for him in 1999 as Lagos State governor? I agree the people you mentioned were the elders but who was the brain behind the whole plot? Tinubu. He's always been a strategist, he lies in the background and schemes, that's always been his style, that's why I feel a bit concerned about him alledgedly wanting to become President come 2023, he is a kingmaker and I personally think he should remain one.

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by rexwalters: 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2019
ajebuter:
I'm a Lagosian born, bred and by parentage..

Between BAT my homie and El Rufai an aabokii..

I will vote an abokki rather than my homie.

That should mean something to the wise ones
That you lack common sense?
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nairalandankrah: 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2019
Jimi24:

You are a good thinker but states are independent of the federal government. Pls dont share lies that cannot be substantiated.
States are immensely powerful. I think tue problem is most southerners are bred with inferiority complex and persecution complex towards the under developed north. A paradox but its unfortunately TRUE.

Rivers State is buying an oil block. Rivers State money enthroned presidents. Only one state only in the north has the power to feed Nigeria with rice and wheat and it is state governors that control surface real estate.
Nobody is even checking state governors. They all have state assemblies in their pockets. They collect 50% of VAT, they steal 100% of LGA funds. Why are states broke now? Because during Okonjo Iwealla/GEJ era, they were taking loans and stealing the money for roads, et.c
You strike me as a political office holder..nice post
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nairalandankrah: 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2019
Jimi24:

You are a good thinker but states are independent of the federal government. Pls dont share lies that cannot be substantiated.
States are immensely powerful. I think tue problem is most southerners are bred with inferiority complex and persecution complex towards the under developed north. A paradox but its unfortunately TRUE.

Rivers State is buying an oil block. Rivers State money enthroned presidents. Only one state only in the north has the power to feed Nigeria with rice and wheat and it is state governors that control surface real estate.
Nobody is even checking state governors. They all have state assemblies in their pockets. They collect 50% of VAT, they steal 100% of LGA funds. Why are states broke now? Because during Okonjo Iwealla/GEJ era, they were taking loans and stealing the money for roads, et.c
You strike me as a political office holder..
Well done sir
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
It is an Igbo man turns to rule the country, so both are untenable and unacceptable, and moreover they are both rogues.

Meanwhile I am a Yoruba man

2 Likes

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by rexwalters: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Yoighaman:

Tinubu was a nobody back then? Are you serious about this assertion? Do you call someone that bankrolled an entire organization like NADECO a nobody? what could all the people you mentioned have done without Tinubu, he was their chief financier and a strong force in NADECO, why do you think Funsho Williams was asked to step down for him in 1999 as Lagos State governor? I agree the people you mentioned were the elders but who was the brain behind the whole plot? Tinubu. He's always been a strategist, he lies in the background and schemes, that's always been his style, that's why I feel a bit concerned about him alledgedly wanting to become President come 2023, he is a kingmaker and I personally think he should remain one.
Forget it, it is too late, the cat has been let out the basket already, Jagaban is the next president of Nigeria come 2023, with El Rufai or Wamakko as vice president. Muslim/Muslim ticket like Abiola and Kingibe hope 93 is the winning formula.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Eastlink(m): 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
Yoighaman:

Hmm! I never knew he was the financier of NADECO? At least, you're right about Tinubu's strategy from the early 1990's till now as one working from the background.
Well he played his own path just like Great Ogboru back then in the Orkar coup. Both fled overseas while the real men took the scalp.

But the real hero's are those who stood their ground in the face of tyranny. They didn't run but fought with their all. These were the real hero's. The likes of Pa Enahoro and Alfred Rewane etc.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2019
Eastlink:
Osibanjo isn't a bad choice but that won't fly in the SE/SS. Why, because the Yoruba's have had their turn. Presidency 8 years and VP 8 years.

The only way the SE/SS will support the APC is when either a Ken Nnamani, Chibuike Amaechi or Sullivan Chime of the party is chosen as the Presidential flagbearer. Anything other than this is DOA.

What you say matters if APC actually needs the votes of the SE.

Whoever APC selects internally will win the presidency, irrespective of what SE does.

2 Likes

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2019
Eastlink:

Whoever APC selects internally will win the presidency, irrespective of what SE does. I am sure APC is not scratching their head worrying about SE votes.

APC's problem is selecting a candidate that will appeal to both the north and the SW, these are their primary constituency. if and once they do, it doesnt matter what the rest of the south does particularly the SE.

3 Likes

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Eastlink(m): 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
isthatso:

Whoever APC selects internally will win the presidency, irrespective of what SE does.
I'm not in doubt. The APC hasn't selected any one yet. The party primary comes up in 2022. We still have more time to do our politicking right. Isn't that so?
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
Eastlink:
I'm not in doubt. The APC hasn't selected any one yet. The party primary comes up in 2022. We still have more time to do our politicking right. Isn't that so?

which politicking, are you talking of the SE?
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
Injera:

Like who??

Too early to judge. ..
After 3 years we will know who crown fit either from the governors , senators or ministers including the vice president... No automatic tickets for anybody. This is how the country can be great again...
Let's play politics void of sentiment and partiality

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
Gforce2015:

Too early to judge. ..
After 3 years we will know who crown fit either from the governors , senators or ministers including the vice president... No automatic tickets for anybody. This is how the country can be great again...
Let's play politics void of sentiment and partiality

dream on. This country cannot be great with it's current constitution. There is no incentive for greatness in the constituion. the constitution guarantees mediocrity. In addition, the kind of people that make up the country we call Nigeri guarantees mediocrity. It's not a coincidence that 6 years was all it took to start to dismantle the development and institutions left by the British.

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by bixton(m): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
nairalandankrah:
EL-Rufai OR Asiwaju Tinubu: Who will make a better Nigeria president? .. What are your thoughts?

There is nothing to think about.
Bola Tinubu was once a governor................
El Rufai is a governor. ...........

If they have not made their respective states better compared to the revenues accrued what better thing can they do for the nation at large...........

2 Likes

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Eastlink(m): 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2019
isthatso:

which politicking, are you talking of the SE?
Which you mean, lol! It's too early to share. Let's keep it a secret.
But we assure all Nigerians that the Igbo Presidential candidate of the APC will be fair to all sections of the country when he wins the 2023 polls.
Nobody will be shortchanged. The Yoruba's, Hausa's, Middle belt and SE/SS will all enjoy this great nation of ours in prosperity, unity and peace.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by bixton(m): 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
isthatso:

dream on. This country cannot be great with it's current constitution. There is no incentive for greatness in the constituion. the constitution guarantees mediocrity.

What other incentive do you need to make a country great?
There's nothing wrong with the constitution. The only faulty thing is the people in the country.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 01, 2019
bixton:

What other incentive do you need to make a country great?
There's nothing wrong with the constitution. The only faulty thing is the people in the country.

see my modified post, I edited before I saw your reply.

The constitution is faulty because there is no incentive to develop resources. if as a governor, I give incentives and land to a big company to set up in my state explore the natural resources, the company makes huge profits and pays huge taxes but guess what? 87% of the taxes from my efforts will go to the federal govt to share with other states who have done nothing to develop their own resources. that is one example.

you need to go back in history to understand why we have states and why we have the constitution we have. It was never designed for progress or development, it was designed to contain the ibos. States were created to remove the igbo influence over oil. Prior to the Nzeogu coup and the civil war, what was the south east region had absolute control over the oil in what is today Akwa ibom, Rivers etc and they were getting 50% of all the revenue from it.

Our constitution wasnt designed with progress in mind but with control and keeeping the country one. The down side of keeping the country together is we have been regressing since 1979. The constitution was designed to weaken the regions and strengthen the centre.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by ajebuter(f): 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2019
rexwalters:
That you lack common sense?

Same way you lack sense of decency and reasoning to know we all don't have to kiss ass or we are entitled to hold contrary view and opinion..

Akuri ...Afofungbemu

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abba Aji Kalli Welcome US Professors To His Home In Borno / Adeleke’s Camp Worries Over Litigation, Woos PDP Faction / LP Crisis: Police Take Over Secretariat, NWC Appoints Acting Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.