Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? (24972 Views)

Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu / Reno Omokri: Osinbajo can Only Win Tinubu By Consensus / Can El-rufai Bring Down The Wall Of Bourdillon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Yoighaman(m): 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2019
Eastlink:
Hmm! I never knew he was the financial of NADECO? At least, you're right about Tinubu's strategy from the early 1990's till now as one working from the background.
Well he played his own path just like Great Ogboru back then in the Orkar coup. Both fled overseas while the real men took the scalp.

But the real hero's are those who stood their ground in the face of tyranny. They didn't run but fought with their all. These were the real hero's. The likes of Pa Enahoro and Alfred Rewane etc.

He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day, that's what some heros do, ask Ojukwu....Pa Enahoro , Alhaja Suliat Adedeji, Alhaja Kudirat Abiola, Pa Rewane etc. were heros all the same.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Eastlink(m): 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
bixton:

What other incentive do you need to make a country great?
There's nothing wrong with the constitution. The only faulty thing is the people in the country.
To be fair our current constitution is a draw back and doesn't reflect the intentions of a progressive country.
The people are not the problem, but the system. Give the people a good system and you'll be surprise how far we'll fly as a country.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
Eastlink:
Which you mean, lol! It's too early to share. Let's keep it a secret.
But we assure all Nigerians that the Igbo Presidential candidate of the APC will be fair to all sections of the country when he wins the 2023 polls.
Nobody will be shortchanged. The Yoruba's, Hausa's, Middle belt and SE/SS will all enjoy this great nation of ours in prosperity, unity and peace.

Nigeria is too fractured to vote for an Igbo president. It wont happen. I can also guarantee you it wont happen under APC.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Eastlink(m): 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
Yoighaman:

He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day, that's what some heros do, ask Ojukwu....Pa Enahoro , Alhaja Suliat Adedeji, Alhaja Kudirat Abiola, Pa Rewane etc. were heros all the same.
Okay, in that light all are hero's. Those who contributed the finances and those who contributed the manpower.

But those with the manpower spilt their blood for the cause. But this doesn't mean that I'm underrating the influence of Tinubu. History still remember him in the anals of NADECO.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by farem: 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
nrexzy:
Sadly they pair are onba long thing.....

We need a freshman with ideas and innovation who is principled..

That's how your likes fail. The simplest question restricts everyone to two answers--El Rufai or tinubu.
The question is not interested in your ideas here!
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Eastlink(m): 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2019
isthatso:

Nigeria is too fractured to vote for an Igbo president. It wont happen. I can also guarantee you it wont happen under APC.
Only an Igbo Presidency can heal this nation and move her past the legion demons holding her back. This is the truth!
And only the Igbo's too can break this nation. This is also the truth.
In 2023 one of these will happen.

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Shawnnn01: 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2019
No be only Igbo extraction na Igbo subtraction

caracas:
Stupid question
None of them will smell that seat
The president MUST be from the IGBO extraction
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by farem: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
caracas:
Stupid question
None of them will smell that seat
The president MUST be from the Ijebu IGBO extraction
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
Eastlink:
Only an Igbo Presidency can heal this nation and move her past the legion demons holding her back. This is the truth!
And only the Igbo's too can break this nation. This is also the truth.
In 2023 one of these will happen.

i dont want to get into this but the Igbo ambition is what derailed this country in 1966 first with the coup, then with the civil war. it is for this reason the Igbo man will not be allowed to become president of Nigeria. The things that can move this country forward we already had before the 1966 coup and the civil war. They were removed as a result of the igbo coup and the civil war......regional and fiscal autonomy. it's not coming back because those who designed the constitution have checkmated the south in the constitution.

igbos cannot break the country because they have too much to lose, all their investments are outside igbo land plus they have been contained. Igbos dont have the military or constitutional power to secede.

the down side to all of this is a guarantee of mediocrity for us all.

At some point in time this mediocrity will consume the country and a rebirth will happen, what form it will take I dont know but until then, we are all just passengers in this mess.

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by ThatFairGuy: 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
This must be sarcasm. If you mean it, then this speaks low of your thinking Faculty. Sorry to Say
With this kind permutations, I shook my head for you angry
[s]
orisa37:
Neither of them. They are Selfish and wicked. Osinbajo has Supreme Experience. He can discipline El Rufai, having El Rufai as his VP. Otherwise, Yorubas might prefer Wike or Okorocha to Tinubu. And if APC remains unserious, Yorubas might lure Osinbajo to go PDP where they might pair Saraki with him to call off The Bluff of these Terrorists Fulanis and their Egbira Bokoharam.
[/s]
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nairalandankrah: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
isthatso:

It is possible..
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Eastlink(m): 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
isthatso:

[s]i dont want to get into this but the Igbo ambition is what derailed this country in 1966 first with the coup, then with the civil war. it is for this reason the Igbo man will not be allowed to become president of Nigeria. The things that can move this country forward we already had before the 1966 coup and the civil war. They were removed as a result of the igbo coup and the civil war......regional and fiscal autonomy. it's not coming back because those who designed the constitution have checkmated the south in the constitution.

igbos cannot break the country because they have too much to lose, all their investments are outside igbo land plus they have been contained. Igbos dont have the military or constitutional power to secede.

the down side to all of this is a guarantee of mediocrity for us all[/s].
It's obvious I've been talking to a tribalist and one of the enemies of a progressive Nigeria.
Find your fellow tribalist and argue with them. Your types make no positive contribution to this country but spew hate.
I'm out, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
Eastlink:
It's obvious I've been talking to a tribalist and one of the enemies of a progressive Nigeria.
Find your fellow tribalist and argue with your them. Your types make no positive contribution to this country but spew hate.
I'm out, thanks.

i am not a tribalist, i am just telling you the reality. do you not ask yourself why we have states? why we dont have regional and fiscal autonomy, why we persist with a system everybody knows does not work? . Nigeria does not work for me anymore than it works for you. it really makes no difference to my life if an ibo becomes president but failure to recognise the terrain means you will always be working without results. there is no point banging on a door that the owner is determined not to open. Knowing that he is not going to open the door at least gives you a choice 1) to accept or 2) to stop wasting your efforts banging the door and find a window or another opening.

What is happening in Nigeria is no accident. that we dont have history in our schools is no accident. To understand the future you must go back to the past. You must understand your opponent in any contest to know how to tackle him. Have you not asked yourself why in 60 years there has never been an Ibo president? To understand you have to go back in history and understand the mindset of those denying the Ibos the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Babs91: 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu 2023.
Goldencheese:
After Buhari, we definitely need a southerner because southerners normally show progressive ideas.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nrexzy: 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2019
farem:

That's how your likes fail. The simplest question restrict you to two answers--El Rufai or tinubu.
The question is interested in your ideas here!

Likes for

Nigga ➕➕➕
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by meccuno: 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2019
iammo:
hahahaa

ibo man no sabi politics, Abiola was even the one who contacted Tinubu since tinubu was an exxon mobile former boss with lots of connect

LoL...OKAY SIR. make we no argue.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by ledaman: 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2019
orisa37:
Neither of them. They are Selfish and wicked. Osinbajo has Supreme Experience. He can discipline El Rufai, having El Rufai as his VP. Otherwise, Yorubas might prefer Wike or Okorocha to Tinubu. And if APC remains unserious, Yorubas might lure Osinbajo to go PDP where they might pair Saraki with him to call off The Bluff of these Terrorists Fulanis and their Egbira Bokoharam.
Beer palour permutation!
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by meccuno: 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2019
Yoighaman:

You sound like who don't even know Tinubu.

He could not talk yet he led NADECO to fight the military government.

Who is he? Yet he became a senator when Saraki and the likes were only dreaming about being one.

He nor get mouth yet you see him rolling with Abiola.

He is irrelevant yet you see him around Abacha, how many 'nobodys' can you see around a 'strong man' like Abacha.

He is a nobody yet he controls majority of the states in south west.

He is a rat, yet he installed your current President.

You better wake up.
if you had sense you would have known how the discussion started. we are talking about Tinubu in 1993. but no, you will jump and and start talking nonesense because your Gods name has been mentioned.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by bixton(m): 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
Eastlink:
To be fair our current constitution is a draw back and doesn't reflect the intentions of a progressive country.
The people are not the problem, but the system. Give the people a good system and you'll be surprise how far we'll fly as a country.

I have read both this and modified.
I believe we as Nigerians like to play with excuses when we don't meet up expectations.
What you have stated is true but not what is hindering meaningful developments in states or regions.
If with the current way resources are being shared yet we pride ourselves in foolishness of projects, what worse would happen when the constitution changes in the manner you want?
We lack the goodwill to do what is right.

People make up a system and not the reverse. When a people are right in thoughts and deeds then the system will be functional.
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Jblaze1: 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
Why must we always go in circles, must they rule....is it a must? oro ilu yi su mi undecided
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nairalandankrah: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
chloride6:

grin

If anybody make the mistake of making Tinubu president,
Just be prepared to see Agbero in dirty singlets standing inside Air France or British airways collecting owoda

grin
Epic
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nairalandankrah: 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
mercyville:
If Tinubu comes forth for the presidency,he has the midas touch and I have observed that anything he touches becomes a success,I will vote for him for a progressive Nigeria.Most of the times,the spiritual controls the physical.
It appears tinubus Midas touch has sweetened your life
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Charly68: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
Tinubu will play clean politics internationally and move Nigeria toward,El-Rufai is a religious bigot
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by OyiboOyibo(m): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
I prefer Buhari to both of them
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by nairalandankrah: 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
bixton:

There is nothing to think about.
Bola Tinubu was once a governor................
El Rufai is a governor. ...........

If they have not made their respective states better compared to the revenues accrued what better thing can they do for the nation at large...........
So none qualifies to be president in 2023?
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by bixton(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
nairalandankrah:

So none qualifies to be president in 2023?

None qualifies.
You're even better than both of them combined. grin
But you know how we run things in our country

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by mercyville: 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2019
nedekid:

You obviously know nothing of the man you so wish for. His greed is why Lagos is in a terrible state now with the roads, streetlights etc not working. All Lagos money must be banked in preparation or funding 2023 ambition. Why do you think lasma, vio etc was recalled on the streets? Don't you know the billions they generate? Of which a huge percentage goes to a consulting firm? Do you not realise that Chicago mafia format is being used.

Ok. 2015 elections one of the foremost candidates in an Eastern state approached the Chicago God father to cross over to his party and Carry the flag. In that meeting Mr Chicago demanded for 40% of the states income! 40% of total state income!
The fellow backed out. He is currently a minister.

You are on point.As much as I respect Ambode,he made the faults of Lagos become very apparent because he did not touch most off what Fashola left.Ambode was a performer but his fault was..malice keeping...against Fashola which made Lagos look like it was not growing before.J pray that Sanwo learns from the mistake of Ambode.Having said this,I still think Tinubu is better because of his natural midas touch.All politicians are thieves.We are all over Tinubu because he and his chosen governors have grown Lagos to its present economical status.Look at what Fowler is doing.Has it ever been like this before?If you say that it is the polulation of Lagos that is the cause of its financial power then what about Nigeria compared with South Africa.What about Kano?Tinubu will make Nigeria progressive.The antecedents are there,sir.

1 Like

Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by galadima77(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
Gforce2015:
None of them is capable of becoming the president of this country...
Why shld we be recycling the same old politician... I think we shld check the track records of some of this new governors and assess the best among them... The best among them shld be given the presidential ticket for 2023

That Anambra guy na machine....
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by Burruchaga71(m): 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
Both has nothing to offer
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by IamAtikulate: 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
OLAJADON:

how can you label someone a terrorist just because of your personal opinion.
Yoruba Moslem argue with Mohammed. I don't have your time
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by hardeytarhyour(m): 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2019
orisa37:

Yoruba dropping Tinubu for Okorocha is immensely uncertain and doubtful
Re: Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? by hardeytarhyour(m): 5:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
IamAtikulate:
One is a terrorist and the other a thief. No room for them

Non Of Them is a is a Terrorist

And Non of them is a thief Or you can prove it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yuguda Hassan Kila Is Dead / Ibrahim Magu Forwards Retirement Notice / Fresh Crisis Looms In PDP Over Tinubu’s Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.