Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History (28948 Views)

AFCON: Cameroon FA Rejects Samuel Eto'o Fils' Resignation / Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup / Samuel Eto'o's Multi-million Dollar Car Collections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by sharpwriter(m): 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
Datazone:

You and your husband are from Edo State. So, post without bias. The most stupid goal ever missed by a Nigerian striker was from yakubu, followed closely by Ighalo, another Benin boy

Hmmmn... Why do I think Oshimen's worse miss is still coming? embarassed
Datazone:

You and your husband are from Edo State. So, post without bias. The most stupid goal ever missed by a Nigerian striker was from yakubu, followed closely by Ighalo, another Benin boy

Hmmmn... Why do I think Oshimen's worse miss is still coming?
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2019
Wow!!

George Weah: The best African player ever

Eto'o: The best Afcon player ever and one of the best African player in European football history..
The only player that won back to back treble in history!!!

But the truth is winning for country may not be enough when you are competing with Geniuses of football!!!

George Weah was a better player than Eto'o!!!

Thierry Henry says : " We call him Mr George, I have never seen any striker at his level except the real Ronaldo"

1 Like

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
DarkJeddi:
The Truly Great are not humble..

1.Pele

2.Mohammed Ali

3.Maradona

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Ballotelli, Harry Kane etc cool

1 Like

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Charly68: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
Etoo! Even Agama lizard do praise itself when nobody is around to praise it
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
Suremikky:
If you want to go by awards, den the European and world footballer award won by weah overwrites all eto’s awards,,but if for any reason u still doubt the supremacy of weah in Africa football, den I will suggest you do a YouTube search for best of weah and that of eto,,I’m sure wat your eyes will see will convince you beyond reasonable doubt that weah is one of the few extraordinary athletes that ever played the game
Henry respect Weah like mad...

Infact, he adore him...!!!

Eto'o is a kid compared to George Weah!!!
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2019
Zoroaster:
Eto'o in his prime was a far better player.
The only thing eto'o did not win was ballon d'or

1995 of Weah is the best version of any African player in history...

Nobody come close...

Infact 1996 of George Weah is still better than best version of Eto'o!! !

Henry respects George Weah like mad!!!
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
Colb461:
Any good football analysy's knw's eto should av won it in the yr 2005 bt racism and favouritism played it part.that y it would difficult for any african player to be awarded the title world best again after george weah..
What?? Which 2005 are you talking about.. Just tell me the player that do not deserve it here:

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
Dobodobo04:

George Weah’s Liberia was ravaged by war when he was on top, so he couldn’t have achieved the national accolade Eto achieved.

Eto bursted to the scene at a young age and has been consistent ever since but he had a peaceful country to return to. Weah during his illustrious club career never had the luxury.

Both are really great players but for consistency, Eto edges it.
George is a better player!!!
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by webngnews: 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2019
hmmm
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Rosskiki: 10:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
Dagrace01:
If he had come in the time of George Weah, he'd have won the balloon d'or more than two times. I won't argue with what Eto'o said, the likes of Okocha and Kanu weren't as lucky as him, if they had found themselves in a team like Barca at their prime with players like Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in the team, Eto'o wouldn't have had the guts to say all these. But realistically Eto'o deserved to be the greatest in Africa, if not for anything but for the fact that he's a lucky man...

Excellent comment. Eto wasn't better than Jay Jay Okocha. Okocha BY RIGHT should have been playing in that Barcelona team Eto was in, and had he been there, he would have been NUMERO UNO like he was in every club and team he played in.

I think the top European sides were genuinely scared of signing Okocha, as the Nigerian would have overshadowed all the overrated, corporate backed media favourites of his time like Raul, Xavi, Ronaldinho and co.

That Ronaldinho was Jay Jay's underling at PSG and went on to become Barca's best says it all. Jay Jay was just unlucky not to be signed by the very best clubs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 01, 2019
Exactly!!!

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2019
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed Na true cha,but if to say okocha didn't use his igbo man's mentality to chase after a financially,successfully short career,eto wouldn't be here bragging.
sharap there...
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by NuelNuelTT(m): 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
Exactly.
Jokerman:
George Weah is still number 1, followed closely by Eto'o
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by oneTIMEman(m): 11:36pm On Nov 01, 2019
Thats just the fact
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by paradigmshift(m): 12:26am On Nov 02, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

I have never watched any Pele match does not make Ronaldo or Messi greater than him.

For me , Messi n Ronaldo are greater...
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by gnykelly(m): 5:37am On Nov 02, 2019
adez2016:
very true!

Aside petty awards, who in Africa can beat these.....................

Gold at the 2000 Olympics
Africa Cup of Nations winner in 2000, 2002
African Player of the Year in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2010
UEFA Champions League winner in 2005, 2009, 2010
African Cup of Nations all-time top goalscorer
RCD Mallorca all-time top goalscorer
Cameroon all-time top goalscorer
He came third in 2005 for FIFA World Player of the Year.
He has been to a record 4 world cup competitions when Goerge Weah could not boast of one.
Abeg shoe get size

He is right
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by doctorpromise(m): 6:51am On Nov 02, 2019
Rednaxelot:
He May be the most decorated African player, George Weah still holds the highest individual award more than Eto’o does.

European football and World football awards aren’t “moinmoin”
Eto o is right. Eto o was consistently leading his team to many titles. The only impressive thing about George was the world best but Eto o was once in the top three. George never even led Liberia to a World Cup tournament. Facts
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by samwash(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2019
Write4me:
Gorge Weah watin..how many of his ball you watch ? Eto’o the African GOAT

Many pple still dey this nairaland wen nor watch Eto'o playing days.
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Bahddo(m): 9:21am On Nov 02, 2019
doctorpromise:
Eto o is right. Eto o was consistently leading his team to many titles. The only impressive thing about George was the world best but Eto o was once in the top three. George never even led Liberia to a World Cup tournament. Facts
war-torn Liberia? Have sense na.
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Dagrace01(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2019
Rosskiki:

Excellent comment. Eto wasn't better than Jay Jay Okocha. Okocha BY RIGHT should have been playing in that Barcelona team Eto was in, and had he been there, he would have been NUMERO UNO like he was in every club and team he played in.

I think the top European sides were genuinely scared of signing Okocha, as the Nigerian would have overshadowed all the overrated, corporate backed media favourites of his time like Raul, Xavi, Ronaldinho and co.

That Ronaldinho was Jay Jay's underling at PSG and went on to become Barca's best says it all. Jay Jay was just unlucky not to be signed by the very best clubs.
You're spot on
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Gwizatasie: 10:03am On Nov 02, 2019
jesus247alive:
For him mind oo

What's happened to JUDGE WEAH that won world best....
What happened to JJ

Pack well biko.
JJ ni AA ko
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by mikkywebs(m): 11:24am On Nov 02, 2019
Drogba is my favourite for now. Even our own man Jay Jay Okocha did more than Eto.
Kudos. Never wake up to return to bed without making N10,000 per day. See my proof in the link below.
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by gibzzhd: 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2019
mikkywebs:
Drogba is my favourite for now. Even our own man Jay Jay Okocha did more than Eto.
Kudos. Never wake up to return to bed without making N10,000 per day. See my proof in the link below.
All these Chelsea people no go let us see road.we they talk of meat you dey call kpomo
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Mryacks: 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
Arguable....but I agree with him.
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Musso16: 11:21am On Nov 03, 2019
There were better, prolific players in the time of George Weah compared to the time of Eto’o. If Eto’o had played during Weah’s time then you would would agree with me...
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by kendrick93(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2019
Rosskiki:

delusions of grandeur

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chichi Igbo's Sister Dies, She Mourns, Takes Down All Her Posts On Instagram / Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? / Ivory Coast Vs Ethiopia AFCON Qualifier Referee Collapses During Match (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.