Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History (28949 Views)

AFCON: Cameroon FA Rejects Samuel Eto'o Fils' Resignation / Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup / Samuel Eto'o's Multi-million Dollar Car Collections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Mckandre(m): 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
N
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
Honestly Etoo was better than Weah during their playing days but Football is all about awards not numbers of Goals or trophies .. Mike Obi vs Okocha
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by gurunlocker: 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
Awon eyan Ronaldo, self praising....

You are good, but not the best in Africa history. Maybe second beat after GW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by gurunlocker: 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
Awon eyan Ronaldo, self praising....

You are good, but not the best in Africa history. Maybe second beat after GW.
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by hadaydhollarpo(m): 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
He has said well. Your judgement may now be base on your personal view ���
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by friendlyadvice: 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2019
obembet:
Although the Ballon d'Or eluded him during his playing time, the Cameroon legend feels he is the best African player ever

Former Barcelona and Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto’o has insisted he is the best African player in history.

The 38-year-old had an illustrious career where he won 18 major trophies, including three Champions Leagues and two Africa Cup of Nations titles as well as an Olympic gold medal.

Eto’o was named the African Player of the Year four times but failed to win the Ballon d'Or, with his best placing being in the 2005 edition where he finished third.

Eto’o believes he was the best player from the continent, given his achievements during his playing time for his country and the various clubs he played for.

"I don't need to lay claim to anything, it's just a fact. Whether you accept it or not, it's a fact," Eto’o told AFP.

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You know, as an African, you are always being judged. What is unacceptable is that the first people to do it are always the Africans. They can't take anything away from me because I am proud to be African.

"When I look at where I came from and how far I got, I tell myself that I am entitled to be proud. That doesn't mean I am big-headed, far from it. It is just that, in this world, people like puppets and I don't accept being one."

Source : https://www.eurosport.com/football/barcelona-legend-samuel-eto-o-it-s-a-fact-that-i-m-the-best-african-player-ever_sto7519157/story-amp.shtml

hi i just saw your dp
what's your boyfriend situation like?
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by AgreatMan: 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2019
Jokerman:
George Weah is still number 1, followed closely by Eto'o
Rednaxelot

But how many George Weah games did u watch?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Starhearts: 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
jesus247alive:
For him mind oo

What's happened to JUDGE WEAH that won world best....
What happened to JJ

Pack well biko.

Keep quiet
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Drhighchief11: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
Personal opinion...
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by ceeceeco: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
Let me rate them accordingly; 1.George Weah. 2.Samuel eto o. 3. Kanu Nwankwo. 4. Jay Jay Okocha. 5.Didier Drogba. 6.Yaya Toure.
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Kennitrust(m): 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
Not best rating yourself, let people do it
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Starhearts: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
GideonIdaboh:
I just asked my hubby now and he confirmed to me that Yakubu Aiyegbeni is number 1 followed by Osaze Odemwinge.

Who did diz to u
Pack well
No be ur mate dey here ooo

1 Like

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Bluezy13(m): 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
Please When is Nigeria U17 match today
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by sleek82(m): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
He is not so far from the truth!
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by seancombs617: 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
jesus247alive:
For him mind oo

What's happened to JUDGE WEAH that won world best....
What happened to JJ

Pack well biko.

No be only jj
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by ekwelive: 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
OfeAchi:
Is you better than Chukueze?

The greatest so far...
1. CR7===The one and only GOAT. Greater than Pele and Maradona
2. Mo Salah===He is greater than Weah and Eto'o
3. Pele & Maradona
5. Chukueze
6. Eto
7. Weah
8. Then that short engine from Barcelona===Messi the SHEEP

grin grin very funny list you've got there mate

1 Like

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by springtech(m): 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
GideonIdaboh:
I just asked my hubby now and he confirmed to me that Yakubu Aiyegbeni is number 1 followed by Osaze Odemwinge.

Thank you so much for this post, what a comic relief. You just made me laugh effortlessly.

BTW who is your husband, is his name SULE?
The last time I checked SULEs could be annoyingly funny.

I am coming.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Antoeni(m): 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
I think he is Right
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
OfeAchi:

The greatest so far...
2. [s]Mo Salah===He is greater than Weah and Eto'o[/s]
3. Pele & Maradona
5. Chukueze
6. Eto
7. Weah

It's like you started watching football 2 years ago

5 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by AsoC: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
Agreed
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by noeloge82(m): 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
GideonIdaboh:

Lol ur hubby is just kidding I guess
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Ogegod87: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
OfeAchi:

The greatest so far...
3. Pele & Maradona
5. Chukueze
6. Eto
7. Weah

CR7 is NOT African
Maradona is NOT African
Messi too is NOT African
Damn!

Eto'o has said his piece. Y'all be arguing with your forefathers.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by thorpido(m): 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2019
You won many awards but you can't be compared with George Weah.
I have seen only three players in my lifetime who will have defenders standing with them and still tell their fellow players to pass to them.
George Weah
Diego Maradona
Lionel Messi.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by cooltola(m): 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
OfeAchi:

The greatest so far...
3. Pele & Maradona
5. Chukueze
6. Eto
7. Weah

when CR7 win the world cup then I consider him the greatest. When CR7 go to Mediocre club like an Everton FC , Sevilla FC or Sampdoria or even this current Manchester United club and win the EPL, La Liga or the Serie A with these mediocre club then he will be greater than Pele and Maradona.
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by WarriAproko: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2019
Did waeh win nation's cup
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by 400billionman: 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
GideonIdaboh:

Then he should go for test..

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by adez2016(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
OfeAchi:

The greatest so far...
3. Pele & Maradona
5. Chukueze
6. Eto
7. Weah

So CR7, Pele, Maradona are Africans?
Smh

1 Like

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by SarkinYarki: 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
He is right
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
friendlyadvice:

hi i just saw your dp
what's your boyfriend situation like?
Na ur own matter be this
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Awoo88: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
Rednaxelot:
He May be the most decorated African player, George Weah still holds the highest individual award more than Eto’o does.

European football and World football awards aren’t “moinmoin”
EtO is the best from Africa

5 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by buchhy(m): 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2019
OfeAchi:
The greatest so far... 1. CR7===The one and only GOAT. Greater than Pele and Maradona 2. Mo Salah===He is greater than Weah and Eto'o 3. Pele & Maradona 5. Chukueze 6. Eto 7. Weah 8. Then that short engine from Barcelona===Messi the SHEEP
Na achi full that ur brain

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exclusive Pictures From The Lagos Marathon 2017 / Chichi Igbo's Sister Dies, She Mourns, Takes Down All Her Posts On Instagram / Ivory Coast Vs Ethiopia AFCON Qualifier Referee Collapses During Match (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.