Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today (45964 Views)

Insecurity: Army Unveils New Operations Nationwide Today / Insecurity: Obaseki Declares Curfew In Edo, As Army Begins Operation / Ekiti: PDP To Embark On Peaceful Protest Nationwide Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
i don dey carry my IDs since last month, I can't comman allow army men to embarrass me anyhow over common ID.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Johans1991: 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
temmypotter:
What rubbish!

Some people actually support this arrant nonsense?

When we all know getting even temporary nimc card na war... a lot of folks don't have this shi, This is just a flagrant display of misplaced priorities
why are you pained ,I hope you are not a terrorist.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by lagdmark(m): 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2019
1mrprolific7:
If you dey outside this jungle. You're very lucky.
Sometimes you miss the jungle's action you can't see elsewhere.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Azmanaty: 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
It's a good development. It happens in advance countries so why should we be different. If a police officer stops you either on the road or the walkway (in US and Co) the first thing they ask is 'can I see your ID please?' They expect that you must carry an ID which will serve as your first way to defend yourself against mistaken identity and the only way to confirm that you're actually who you said you are.

Will u shut up there! Is Nigeria an advanced country?? First provide the citizens with water and basic amenities before u start talking about positive ID. In advanced countries, ID takes minutes or hours to get processed and released to the owner, in Nigeria NIMC takes minimum of 8years. Abeg yarn another thing

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by OBIPLUS(m): 8:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
Good exercise. At least we know who is who.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by DonMekino(m): 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2019
evidence of redundant military.....

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by uncjay(m): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2019
For those that still believe in this dead, tyrannically enslaved government, I say a big shame on you. Nigeria is now a country where her citizens have to walk about with their documentations. this is absolutely a coded advanced apartheid.

I hope revolution begins anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by APOSTLECHUMA: 8:54pm On Nov 01, 2019
IN ABIDJAN YOU DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF STEPPING OUT OF YOUR HOUSE TO GET SOMETHING IN A SHOP NEAR BY WITHOUT YOUR CARTE D' CEJOUR (I.D CARD) AND MANY TIMES THEY CAN KNOCK AT YOUR DOOR WHILE U ARE AT HOME RELAXING AT NIGHT, ONLY THAT IT ISNT THE DUTY OF THE ARMY BUT POLICE.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by spiritedtete: 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
Simple CCTV cameras will solve all problems...
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by yetunsbay(m): 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Meaning we must now move about with one of the following

NIMC

Driver's License

Voters Card

National I'D Card

Etc.

Well, I have two of the aforelisted....abi na Int'l passport?

#BringThemOn

lol, NIMC & National ID are synonymous. Maybe Int'l passport makes it 4th
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Truthbites: 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
Siberia01:
cry

clam down has begun or began
which is correct? manna avoid this thread

Begun
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Truthbites: 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
I thought they denied. This APC government eh, always lying one day they will tell us Nigeria is in Pluto and the Earth is triangular in shape.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Legendguru: 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
hmmm
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Johnsghana(m): 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
My very docile people of Nigeria.

My people dey sidon look as all your rights are being taken away gradually. In your own country, your movement is being restricted because of ID card?! Is Nigeria at war? That we have to cash ID cards around?

I don't know what will provoke my people to action.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Charly68: 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2019
People should allow the military to do their job ,the men should however be professional in their conducts
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by yom2(m): 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
It's a good development. It happens in advance countries so why should we be different. If a police officer stops you either on the road or the walkway (in US and Co) the first thing they ask is 'can I see your ID please?' They expect that you must carry an ID which will serve as your first way to defend yourself against mistaken identity and the only way to confirm that you're actually who you said you are.
no mind them. Na their guilty conscience dey worry them
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by jamjo: 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

In the US you said, yes the police have the right to do so but the army are not.Why will the military taking over the work of the police.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by mindtricks: 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Police dey harass

Sars dey kill

Boko Haram dey slaughter

Fulani herdmen dey massacre

kidnappers dey operate

armed robbers dey fire

Bandit on genocide mission

Now Military movement is next

God deliver us from Pharaoh
Speechless
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by EkwensuAmosu1: 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Nigeria Army and Fg are confused
[/s]
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by mindtricks: 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2019
Charly68:
People should allow the[b] military to do their job ,the men should however be professional in their conducts [/b]

Police work now military work, in a civilian regime?
Professional? People who have history of unprofessional conduct will suddenly become professional because they are now demanding for ID card from people in an already polarized country? All manners of abnormality now looks normal because there are "good" reasons why they should be allowed to stand.
I guess professional criminal elements don't know how to beat this arrangement to go about their criminal activities.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by mindtricks: 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
Lucid1:
i don dey carry my IDs since last month, I can't comman allow army men to embarrass me anyhow over common ID.
Imagine the IDs get stolen what then happens if you get caught?
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by mindtricks: 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
Houstency:
Something tells me this is a guise used by the current occupants in Aso Rock to checkmate the masses or what is to come.

Anything is possible.
This is Nigeria!
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by temmypotter(m): 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
Johans1991:
why are you pained ,I hope you are not a terrorist.
I am, now shoooo ... Any sensible person can tell this is a precedence to some really terrible things to come, just watch alright
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by medolab90(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hmm
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by medolab90(m): 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
yom2:
no mind them. Na their guilty conscience dey worry them

Delete this it doesn't make sense undecided undecided
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Sagay212: 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
So what exactly will happen to people without any form of identification?
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
mindtricks:

Imagine the IDs get stolen what then happens if you get caught?

Story. IDs can't be replaced ni? Outside this country you're required to carry some form of ID, why can't such be replicated in Nigeria. There are always exceptions and if that happens, you'll be quizzed on other means of validating your citizenship. I support the army 100%
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
Sagay212:
So what exactly will happen to people without any form of identification?

Every Nigerian 18 and above should have a means of Identification. Only aloof ones will still try to jump this.
Work ID, Driving license, voters card, school ID or national ID card or temporary slip.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Eastlink(m): 11:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
A welcome development.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by executive12: 12:08am On Nov 02, 2019
Coldie:
If its army I fear nothing cause of there discipline, though to me this should be left to the police, this is not the job of the army

But the Nigerian police is so useless that they will turn it into an extortion ring, efcc needs to investigate our police force..

All those people quoting me and saying its a lie, that Nigerian army is not discipline, if they were not by now them for dae catch yahoo boys undecided

You believe the Nigerian Army is disciplined? Wow!
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by executive12: 12:09am On Nov 02, 2019
Where are those fools claiming it was fake news?
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by megama: 12:14am On Nov 02, 2019
Islie:

…Lawmakers kick, as Falana sues military

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/army-begins-operation-identification-nationwide-today.html

In a lay mans view what this means is that our police and immigration is not up to date. Other wise there wount be need for these

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sowore, Adeyanju Lead Endsars Memorial Protest In Abuja / Robbers Caught Robbing A Boutique In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Senator Ademola Adeleke Dances With Beauty Queens (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.