Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,092 members, 7,953,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:23 PM

Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today (46206 Views)

Insecurity: Army Unveils New Operations Nationwide Today / Insecurity: Obaseki Declares Curfew In Edo, As Army Begins Operation / Ekiti: PDP To Embark On Peaceful Protest Nationwide Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by BRASH: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2019
DennisEche:

Better thunder go strike that useless dead meat seller
. The idiot is very annoying as if he is the only supporter of a govt. Now he is gonna avoid this thread.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
It's a good development. It happens in advance countries so why should we be different. If a police officer stops you either on the road or the walkway (in US and Co) the first thing they ask is 'can I see your ID please?' They expect that you must carry an ID which will serve as your first way to defend yourself against mistaken identity and the only way to confirm that you're actually who you said you are.

Mention one advanced country where they do this. Just one. I'll wait.

2 Likes

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Alashoalash10: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Islie:

…Lawmakers kick, as Falana sues military

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/army-begins-operation-identification-nationwide-today.html

both PMB and his army are laws to themselves, PMB don't obey court,his boys don't obey any Assembly so we are in a serious problem in Nigeria
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by kayyat(f): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Our pepper sellers and ugu sellers must carry I.d now?
Islie:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/army-begins-operation-identification-nationwide-today.html

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by mechanics(m): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Meaning we must now move about with one of the following

NIMC

Driver's License

Vothers Card

National I'D Card

Etc.

Well, I have two of the aforelisted....abi na Int'l passport.

#BringThemOn

lolz.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
Islie:

move about with a means of identification? What for? Does it mean that boko haram members don't have a Nigerian national ID? Is it too difficult for them to forge? Nigeria is not my country! Biafra is!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Reference(m): 7:14pm On Nov 01, 2019
What is my business. I have said enough about the military and the illegality and danger of doing police work. Now they have chosen todo the work of the Ministry of Internal Affairs on behalf of the Immigration Service.... yet another illegality.

The stage is firmly set for more civilian/military confrontation and inevitable 'accidental' deaths.... then the military will be scurring around to band aid their battered image coming shortly after their election period debacle.

Well, they have rolled the dice and gambled with their reputation... it is over to the citizens to play... said enough.

2 Likes

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Amanda4life: 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2019
They really need to get better strategy on how to carry out this operation because people are already frustrated, so it doesn't cause uprising

People are hungry
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by omoiyamayor(m): 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
adenigga:

It's tantamount to miscarriage of justice, Army's duties is to guard against external aggravation, internal security is solely meant for police.

Unless, Buhari should open up that we are under siege, maybe there is an impending war, God forbid!!!
insurgency is a war within us,many nigerians have lost their lives.police can't handle such occasions,even our immigration can online issue passport and extort ppl at MMIA

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by kuuljay(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
They always put the cart before the horse, how many Nigerians have valid national ID I applied since 2014,nothing, drivers license if 25j for my village dwellers doesn't make sense
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by BilltheDON(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hummm... I'm speechless

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Naijaarchive(m): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2019
This is good.. Bt i don't understand why it's the responsibility of the army... This country self... If the responsibility is given to police nah wahala....

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by geez18(m): 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2019
This is why they apportion the lion's share of the Nigerian budget to security, so that they can float bogus operations; avenues to loot the commonwealth of the people.

I'm not even going to dwell on the flagrant abuse of power that will perpetuated. This exercise is tantamount to a nationwide declaration of state of emergency. The legality and far-reaching consequences of this exercise should be of paramount importance to Nigerians now.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by make9jagr8: 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
I still find it difficult to understand how they come up with this in the name of curbing terrorism in the nation.

Do they have a list of name they are looking for. So if one is not able to show my ID, then the person is a terrorist.

And if a terrorist is able to show a driving license or any ID, he is free.

Those saying it is done in a sane clime must be joking.

In a sane clime where everyone and everything works, we have database. So if they will be doing any random profiling, what they need is your name and date of birth to retrieve your details.

But do our security outfits even have any workstation in the patrol vehicle.

Sincerity at all level is one of the things we are lacking.

3 Likes

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Reference(m): 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
It's a good development. It happens in advance countries so why should we be different. If a police officer stops you either on the road or the walkway (in US and Co) the first thing they ask is 'can I see your ID please?' They expect that you must carry an ID which will serve as your first way to defend yourself against mistaken identity and the only way to confirm that you're actually who you said you are.

The immigration service has been doing this for the last decade on the highways between border states. What is wrong woth expanding and deepening this program since they have a head start in expertise. Why is the military usurping the duties of multiple law enforcement agencies.

They have taken over the duties of the police which has a strong anti-terrorism unit, taken over the the responsibilities of INEC which shoukd have a security unit and now taking over the responsibilities of the Immigration Service.

What next, pursue rice smugglers or put out petrol tanker fires. It is fast becoming a scandalous joke the way the military is losing its professionalism which will definitely affect their performance in their primary theatres.

I know these days it is all about money and this exercise will no doubt lead to budget requests at the highest levels and roadside bribery at the lower levels but I just cannot see anything but reputation damage for the military. Their is always a price to pay for institutional maladministration which is damage.

2 Likes

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by therajah: 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
..and they will be stupid enough not to have fake IDs?? In Nigeria where fake IDs flood the streets...? takes a year for DL to be ready, you wait for 5 years for NIN ! When will Nigeria apply sense when carrying out a project!!! Pathetic!! They open the borders to murderers, boko haram, and close the borders to rice and clothes.. shio!!!!

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by pavoda: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
And what is the Job of the Police??
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Sunnydoo: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
enter correct business centre and print a standard I.D card and save yourself from any harassment if you are a legit person. As I know this government does not obey court order.

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Sirwallace(m): 7:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
Siberia01:
cry

clam down has begun or began
which is correct? ]

"Has begun"

manna avoid this thread
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by slightlyMad(f): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
Ethnic cleansing about to begin, shebi una no want ruga, Buhari supporter are the ones I pray to go first
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by naijadrivablog: 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
airbrush:

sorry for your life if you are listening to Military PRO
Sorry for your own life.
Learn how to talk politely and reasonably.

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by IMAliyu(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
Cynergy:
This is good development I like it. At least most countries have been deporting illegal immigrants in their various nations with some identification measures like this for long, let Nigeria start weeding out aliens amongst us too.
Yeah by immigration or the police not the military
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by dfrost: 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
emeijeh:
"If you do anyhow........

"you see..." complete am cheesy grin
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by lexy2014: 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2019
omoiyamayor:
Not too bad,security comes first.if the immigration officers only wants to work at the airport then why not army intervene.
D constitution comes first. Security outside d provisions of d constitution isn't security. Its an assault on d rights of d citizens
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Kevinsamba: 7:57pm On Nov 01, 2019
Nija Senate na scam
They don't use their power to the fullest.
Imagine what a chief of army staff
Is saying that the minister of defense approves the OPI
Meanwhile I thought the Senate could override a decision made by the executive.

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by anytexy: 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
We are all in. I rest my case
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by alklas(m): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2019
As long as army no use beating Tek question �
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by adenigga(m): 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2019
omoiyamayor:
insurgency is a war within us,many nigerians have lost their lives.police can't handle such occasions,even our immigration can online issue passport and extort ppl at MMIA

Yes, no denying the fact there is guerrilla warfare, but such action will always be restricted to the areas affected.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Dewze(m): 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Shut up and do not speak on what you don't know. Police are not allowed to randomly stop you in the US and ask for ID, except you are particularly being investigated for a crime, and citizens are not obligated to show them ID either.

All you people do is throw words like "advanced societies" around at every drop of a coin, yet you are so ignorant of what is actually happening in those societies. Soldiers are on their way to lay siege to your communities and your freedom in the guise of security and you are here talking about advanced societies.

If you really believe in the relevance of this stop and identify yourself strategy, why are you not advocating for the police to do it like you claim it is being done in your so called "advanced societies", why is it the army planning to do this.

Nigerians are failing to see that there is a more sinister purpose to this, we hardly see the danger in front until it gets to us in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by teemey8(m): 8:14pm On Nov 01, 2019
clam down has begun or began
which is correct?

..has begun is correct

manna avoid this thread[/quote]
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by nonjebose(m): 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
After December 23, what happens? I definitely believe that the Army would have issues in the implemention of this directive. Cases of abuse would fill the air. If the security agencies seriously want to curb proliferation of insurgency and the widespread criminality prevailing in most part of the country, then they should collaborate with local community security personnel. They know where these flash points are, and sometimes the actual persons perpetuating these crimes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme Dies In London Hospital? - GlobalExcellenceOnline.com / "I Am Ready Group" Unveils The Longest Banner For Buhari In Lagos (Pictures) / Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.