Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today (45971 Views)

Insecurity: Army Unveils New Operations Nationwide Today / Insecurity: Obaseki Declares Curfew In Edo, As Army Begins Operation / Ekiti: PDP To Embark On Peaceful Protest Nationwide Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by orisa37: 8:51am On Nov 02, 2019
I suspect Buraitai of wanting to harass, intimidate and terrorize Nigeria and Nigerians by this Military Actions to stop and search for ID CARDS.
This capable of inflaming The Nation and initiating Anarchy.

1, It's on Record that Buraitai and Prof. Ango Abdullahi have at different times and venues threatened Anarchy to end Buhari's Regime and bring up Military Rule.
2, The NASS (House of Representatives) has warned The Military and The Presidency against this ultra-vires reasonings of Buraitai.
3, Buhari is not in The Country now, but The VP is. For Buraitai to carry on doing this, tantamounts to insubordination to the VP, absolute disregard of the Presidency in the absence of Buhari and recklessness of an Arsonist to inflame to Country and cause Anarchy.
4, Please, whoever loves this Country and cares for her should warn Buraitai to CONCENTRATE ON EXTERNAL SECURITY ONLY AND REMOVE HIS FILTHY HANDS FROM THE BUSINESS OF IGP AND NASS.

cc: VP, NASS, NJC, IGP, OBJ, GEJ, PROF. AKINTOYE, AFENIFERE OHANEZE AREWA, FALANA, FFK, ORTOM AND GANI ADAMS.

Above for your information please.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by orisa37: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2019
Clam down has begun.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by orisa37: 8:59am On Nov 02, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Meaning we must now move about with one of the following

NIMC

Driver's License

Voters Card

National I'D Card

Etc.

Well, I have two of the aforelisted....abi na Int'l passport?

#BringThemOn

The Army is Terrorizing the Society period.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by orisa37: 9:02am On Nov 02, 2019
omoiyamayor:
Not too bad,security comes first.if the immigration officers only wants to work at the airport then why not army intervene.

Too bad.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Abidob(m): 9:06am On Nov 02, 2019
Did u just say just to check ID? Obviously u are an ignorant.. Did u even read the news at all
Lol
Nigeria at war with Boko Haram, Nigeria deploy men to 36 state, just to check I.D

Who is now the enemy of the state? lol

[/quote]
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2019
And you ask why I want Biafra

Which sane country have their military on the street of civilians checking ID CARDS

WE TOLD THEM BUHARI IS GONE HENCE THE RISING IN MILITARY ACTIONS
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by orisa37: 9:18am On Nov 02, 2019
naijadrivablog:
I thought they denied Operation +ID

Just harassing the Society unnecessarily and giving room to Ruga.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 02, 2019
Sagay212:

I hear you mr aloof. Let them go to the rural areas and and ask for all these IDs. And those that just turned 18? You will be the one to give them national ID, or voters card or money for drivers license when they don't even have a bicycle or know where breakfast will come from.

You people continue to encourage daft decisions by your useless government. The same govt allow people in from Niger all in the name of herdsmen and when they need them for election. Same useless govt that decides to release terrorists and claim they have repented? Or some northern governors negotiating with bandits and kidnappers? Rubbish

I won't go on trying to rationalize the intended actions of the army because it won't change anything and neither would you position. I'll leave things at that.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by orisa37: 9:42am On Nov 02, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Police dey harass

Sars dey kill

Boko Haram dey slaughter

Fulani herdmen dey massacre

kidnappers dey operate

armed robbers dey fire

Bandit on genocide mission

Now Military movement is next

God deliver us from Pharaoh

Buhari is not on seat. Buraitai must undermine the VP to allow Ruga and free movements and passage to Bokoharam.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by orisa37: 9:44am On Nov 02, 2019
Miracle4Sure:
Okay oo

Too bad.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by orisa37: 9:44am On Nov 02, 2019
Miracle4Sure:
Okay oo

Too bad.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 02, 2019
What is wrong with Nigerians for god sake? Who is happy with the insecurity and killings we are constantly facing? As correctly identified by our security agencies, insecurity and killings will only grow if a way is now not discovered to bring lawless Nigeria in line with the rest of the world where criminals cannot just kill, blend into a crowd and go to another State to continue committing crime. In Britain, for example, most Britons are on a database or another.

Britain has the most CCTV cameras per square meters in the world. Commit a heinous crime and be caught on CCTV and it is all over. Your pictures will be circulated publicly and you must hide unlike Nigeria where, as an itinerant Fulani herdsman for example, you can commit a crime next day safe in the knowledge you entered the area you committed the crime in with no verification of your identity and that no one knows you since you are from another State or Country even. Leave fingerprint or DNA at a crime scene and it is over for you if a criminal on police database as a match will be made instantly. And this is a Country that has nowhere near our horrendous insecurity that involves men coming out of bushes to gun down occupants of a vehicle all over the nations expressways !!!!

When are we then going to partner some of the governments effort, even if we hate the current government, to make Nigeria safer?

Is it smart opposing the government blindly when their action may prevent you ending up on a mortuary slab after an attack in Ondo by killers from Mali who have been attracted by the lawlessness of Nigeria and the knowledge they can move around freely throughout our Country with zero check on their movement at any point? Desperate times call for desperate measures and sensible Nigerians would realise and accept this.

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by whatisthetruth: 10:07am On Nov 02, 2019
Oshigun:
What is wrong with Nigerians for god sake? Who is happy with the insecurity and killings we are constantly facing? As correctly identified by our security agencies, insecurity and killings will only grow if a way is now not discovered to bring lawless Nigeria in line with the rest of the world where criminals cannot just kill, blend into a crowd and go to another State to continue committing crime. In Britain, for example, most Britons are on a database or another.

Britain has the most CCTV cameras per square meters in the world. Commit a heinous crime and be caught on CCTV and it is all over. Your pictures will be circulated publicly and you must hide unlike Nigeria where, as an itinerant Fulani herdsman for example, you can commit a crime next day safe in the knowledge you entered the area you committed the crime in with no verification of your identity and that no one knows you since you are from another State or Country even. Leave fingerprint or DNA at a crime scene and it is over for you if a criminal on police database as a match will be made instantly. And this is a Country that has nowhere near our horrendous insecurity that involves men coming out of bushes to gun down occupants of a vehicle all over the nations expressways !!!!

When are we then going to partner some of the governments effort, even if we hate the current government, to make Nigeria safer?

Is it smart opposing the government blindly when their action may prevent you ending up on a mortuary slab after an attack in Ondo by killers from Mali who have been attracted by the lawlessness of Nigeria and the knowledge they can move around freely throughout our Country with zero check on their movement at any point? Desperate times call for desperate measures and sensible Nigerians would realise and accept this.

So when you travel to London, soldiers can just stop you on Oxford street and you must produce your ID?

I don’t know what foreign countries all you supporters of this policy visit, I’m telling you!
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by medolab90(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2019
yom2:
OK u are saying that[b][/b] criminals [b][/b]should not be identified? Becos an average person has skeleton in his cupboard?. In other countries they have something similar. Do u know some of these terorist are foreigners?

We are talking about an exercise that involves the whole citizens.

I just see this as another means of oppression from The government. If though it has to be done why not by NPF. We all know what Nigerian army are capable of.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 02, 2019
orisa37:

The Army is Terrorizing the Society period.

Look, don't let your hatred of the Army, current Government or authority detract from what is essential. The state of insecurity in Nigeria is too high and affecting us too detrimentally. Innocent Nigerians are being killed and cannot go about their business lawfully talk less of foreign investors, contemplating Nigeria a top destination for their investment.

Go and do your research to not that in history, militarised zones and Nations with terrible security situations always try to create, as soon as possible, an environment where dangerous criminal cannot continue to move around freely committing havoc. In my opinion, Nigeria has even left it late. Carrying a form of ID to keep us all safer and discourage criminals is something all law-abiding Nigerians should want to do. Don't just turn yourself into a rebel against the Army, Government or authority because it is fashionable to do this. ey know

This level of insecurity is too much and costing us dearly as a nation and things will only get worse if drastic actions are not taken. Things cannot only be about manpower as some Nigerians simplistically assume. It should be about intelligence-based crime-fighting also which includes the quick and efficient identification of a Nigerian.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by whatisthetruth: 10:18am On Nov 02, 2019
Oshigun:

Look, don't let your hatred of the Army, current Government or authority detract from what is essential. The state of insecurity in Nigeria is too high and affecting us too detrimentally. Innocent Nigerians are being killed and cannot go about their business lawfully talk less of foreign investors, contemplating Nigeria a top destination for their investment.

Go and do your research to not that in history, militarised zones and Nations with terrible security situations always try to create, as soon as possible, an environment where dangerous criminal cannot continue to move around freely committing havoc. In my opinion, Nigeria has even left it late. Carrying a form of ID to keep us all safer and discourage criminals is something all law-abiding Nigerians should want to do. Don't just turn yourself into a rebel against the Army, Government or authority because it is fashionable to do this. ey know

This level of insecurity is too much and costing us dearly as a nation and things will only get worse if drastic actions are not taken. Things cannot only be about manpower as some Nigerians simplistically assume. It should be about intelligence-based crime-fighting also which includes the quick and efficient identification of a Nigerian.

So why not declare a state of Emergency in the whole country?
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Sagay212: 10:23am On Nov 02, 2019
Lucid1:

I won't go on trying to rationalize the intended actions of the army because it won't change anything and neither would you position. I'll leave things at that.

You shouldn't bother because you have no answer to the questions asked. Some you guys think everyone Nigerian is enjoying and okay like you. Only if you know the number of uneducated and unenlightened Nigerians we have out there. Many of them are not even aware of the so called senseless operation show ID by the govt.
Shey na fulani man wey dey inside forest with cows wan get voters or ID card, abi aboki wey dey shine shoe or fishermen wey dey village or the hunters struggling to feed?

The operation is useless and pointless. Secure your territory and don't allow illegal entry. Focus on developing the country. It should be operation fix roads, hospitals, education, feeding and operation family planning especially in the north. Tell your govt to stop chasing shadows and wasting time, money and energy on useless operations.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2019
whatisthetruth:

So when you travel to London, soldiers can just stop you on Oxford street and you must produce your ID?

I don’t know what foreign countries all you supporters of this policy visit, I’m telling you!

People like you I usually avoid because you mis-inform and try to sound intelligent and above all others whereas you speak mainly because you hate the Government rather than because you genuinely seek solutions to problems Nigeria faces. I have been to virtually all the main foreign Nation anyone would want to visit.

This is not about them because they paid their dues and faced their challenge with extraordinary solutions when it arose to get where they are now. In the boot-legging days of Al Capone et al, a special task force was drafted in led by Elliot Ness to deal with the issues. In the UK, Operation Yardie was created to deal with the deadly and growing crime that unidentified gangsters from Jamaica were bringing to the Streets of the UK. Even today in the UK agencies exist that regularly raid place of work and homes to fish out and identify illegal immigrants or foreign criminals !!! Trump is obsessed with a wall to keep out "criminal Mexicans" and backed by many Americans over such a draconian move by the 'home of democracy'. Like or hate Trump, this is his solution to a security problem he thinks needs to be checked ASAP. Yet folks like you will complain over carry a small card !!! The UK and USA, when they have to move to protect their people, will never say others are not doing this elsewhere so we won't do it also. They simply do what must be done and create unique solutions to the unique problem facing their nation.

You foolishly mention London. I have a home in London mate. The last thing I think of driving to Heathrow or Gatwick via dark motorways is that men will spring out of bushes to begin peppering my vehicle with bullets as is the Norm in Nigeria. Point is that Britain has put many, many decades of efforts into gaining what they have today. We have not and as such cannot at all compare ourselves with them. On a scale of 1 to 10 of crime-fighting, and assuming Britain are at 8, we are at minus 5 at best.

Why not let us even put in the initial drastic and emergency effort to help us begin moving towards even 1 on that scale of security before you begin comparing us to those who also had to craft innovative solutions to the challenges of security they faced in the past before getting where they are today?
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 02, 2019
whatisthetruth:

So why not declare a state of Emergency in the whole country?

This is essentially the same as a state of emergency. It is an intelligence-based one. It is not till you see Soldiers with guns everywhere to understand that emergency measure that may not be to the taste of every Nigerian may have to be put in place to start reversing the unacceptably high level of insecurity facing Nigeria right now.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:54am On Nov 02, 2019
TheGiftedOne:

NIMC

Driver's License

Voters Card

National I'D Card

Etc.

#BringThemOn

What if someone have none?

Tho I have almost all but some people don't have any

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 02, 2019
Sagay212:

You shouldn't bother because you have no answer to the questions asked. Some you guys think everyone Nigerian is enjoying and okay like you. Only if you know the number of uneducated and unenlightened Nigerians we have out there. Many of them are not even aware of the so called senseless operation show ID by the govt.
Shey na fulani man wey dey inside forest with cows wan get voters or ID card, abi aboki wey dey shine shoe or fishermen wey dey village or the hunters struggling to feed?

The operation is useless and pointless. Secure your territory and don't allow illegal entry. Focus on developing the country. It should be operation fix roads, hospitals, education, feeding and operation family planning especially in the north. Tell your govt to stop chasing shadows and wasting time, money and energy on useless operations.

Being educated has nothing to do with adherence to good intentions. Those people you're calling uneducated in the bush all have voters cards.

If you have a bank account in Nigeria, I'm sure you have an ID, please carry it at all times, especially at night. Peace
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 02, 2019
Oyinlomobambam:

What if someone have none?

Tho I have almost all but some people don't have any

They should make the effort to get one if this makes it easier to quickly identify those wishing to harm, kill or rob us. If it becomes a national directive then Nigerians should get one even if only to prove the many haters of Government right. If this move, on the other hand, then bears fruit and crime and insecurity is reduced it will be Nigerians and Nigeria benefiting.

I don't see the fuss in carrying a small card or ID if this helps to check the current free movement of killers and criminals all over Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by govomotors: 11:47am On Nov 02, 2019
Nigeria Immigration service, you see your life. The Nigeria Army have taken over your responsibilities.

It's about time change begin in some sectors like the Immigration, SARS, Police etc.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by xcelentattitude(m): 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2019
Siberia01:
cry

clam down has begun or began
which is correct?

manna avoid this thread

Begun
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by xcelentattitude(m): 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2019
TheGiftedOne:

NIMC

Driver's License

Voters Card

National I'D Card

Etc.

#BringThemOn

You're not clear!
I repeat, you are not clear sir!
Thou shouldest think not in thine heart that thou art free from their hands

Not unless thou possesseth the following:

NEPA bill
Birth Certificate
Marriage certificate and
Baptismal certificate

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by whatisthetruth: 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2019
Oshigun:

People like you I usually avoid because you mis-inform and try to sound intelligent and above all others whereas you speak mainly because you hate the Government rather than because you genuinely seek solutions to problems Nigeria faces. I have been to virtually all the main foreign Nation anyone would want to visit.

This is not about them because they paid their dues and faced their challenge with extraordinary solutions when it arose to get where they are now. In the boot-legging days of Al Capone et al, a special task force was drafted in led by Elliot Ness to deal with the issues. In the UK, Operation Yardie was created to deal with the deadly and growing crime that unidentified gangsters from Jamaica were bringing to the Streets of the UK. Even today in the UK agencies exist that regularly raid place of work and homes to fish out and identify illegal immigrants or foreign criminals !!! Trump is obsessed with a wall to keep out "criminal Mexicans" and backed by many Americans over such a draconian move by the 'home of democracy'. Like or hate Trump, this is his solution to a security problem he thinks needs to be checked ASAP. Yet folks like you will complain over carry a small card !!! The UK and USA, when they have to move to protect their people, will never say others are not doing this elsewhere so we won't do it also. They simply do what must be done and create unique solutions to the unique problem facing their nation.

You foolishly mention London. I have a home in London mate. The last thing I think of driving to Heathrow or Gatwick via dark motorways is that men will spring out of bushes to begin peppering my vehicle with bullets as is the Norm in Nigeria. Point is that Britain has put many, many decades of efforts into gaining what they have today. We have not and as such cannot at all compare ourselves with them. On a scale of 1 to 10 of crime-fighting, and assuming Britain are at 8, we are at minus 5 at best.

Why not let us even put in the initial drastic and emergency effort to help us begin moving towards even 1 on that scale of security before you begin comparing us to those who also had to craft innovative solutions to the challenges of security they faced in the past before getting where they are today?

cause it’s a draconian measure.

The roads you mentioned won’t be kept safe by military asking for ID cards of random people on the streets, they will be kept safe by sincerity of purpose in fulfilling the commitment to law and order by the police force.

What stops us from increasing police patrol vehicles and running drills to reduce their response time to crisis, along with an upward review of their remunerations?

If a certain road or area is in crisis beyond the control of the police force, then why not declare a state of emergency at the particular troubled area instead of the entire country.

There are so many things wrong with this military operation in a democratic system.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by mindtricks: 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2019
Lucid1:

I'm quite certain that 99% of you guys have valid IDs but due to the hate-filled nature of the average Nigerian towards their government, you just want to criticize cos you have a medium to do so.

National ID is free, even if you misplace it you can get another for a 'token'. The ID might take years to get ready but the slips are valid too and are replaceable on the spot.

Reality creeping in?
I see you mean the hate-filled nature of chronically irresponsible governments towards the average Nigerian. You now admitting government's woeful failure in all this after all?
You find those questions too heavy to answer?
Tell me something else please.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by mindtricks: 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2019
Sagay212:

The bolded captures it all.
Unfortunately these guys are used to all manners of mediocrity being churned out which to them is excellence.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by DedeNkem: 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
This clueless Brutata id*iot supposed to focus in the North where Boko Haram/ISIS have claimed many communities!
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by leomarz007: 11:16pm On Nov 02, 2019
"According to him, it is an intelligence-based operation to intercept insurgents and other criminal elements relocating from the army’s theatres of operations to other parts of the country."
this is unlawful
1. how is this in anyway fighting insurgency. why not deplore them to the borders
2. intelligence based operation that is out in the public for sensitization.
haba this country is far gone I swear. Lawlessness is the peak of the day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Ademola Adeleke Dances With Beauty Queens (Video, Photos) / Robbers Caught Robbing A Boutique In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Ambode And Vice-president Elect Osinbajo Shut Down Alaba Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.