Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today (45939 Views)

Insecurity: Army Unveils New Operations Nationwide Today / Insecurity: Obaseki Declares Curfew In Edo, As Army Begins Operation / Ekiti: PDP To Embark On Peaceful Protest Nationwide Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by executive12: 12:16am On Nov 02, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
It's a good development. It happens in advance countries so why should we be different. If a police officer stops you either on the road or the walkway (in US and Co) the first thing they ask is 'can I see your ID please?' They expect that you must carry an ID which will serve as your first way to defend yourself against mistaken identity and the only way to confirm that you're actually who you said you are.

Stop expressing your ignorance. Stopping people to check ID is supposed to be done by the Police, not the Army.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by justtoodark: 12:17am On Nov 02, 2019
i must say the nigerian army is the most reliable institution in nigeria....
but they get power-drunk too.... undecided undecided
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by justtoodark: 12:20am On Nov 02, 2019
executive12:

Stop expressing your ignorance. Stopping people to check ID is supposed to be done by the Police, not the Army.

by police that is underpaid and completly undermanned....

nigeria doesnt have enough police officers for its size....
its no hidin secret....

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by executive12: 12:24am On Nov 02, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
What discipline are you talking of? definitely not the Nigeria army.

Don't mind him. Too many fools in this country.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by executive12: 12:25am On Nov 02, 2019
BRASH:
Meanwhile that useless, idiotic, stupid asslicking animal called dead meat seller was all over this forum shouting "rumours are spread by fools yen yen yen" when the army claimed that the news of the operation was fake. Now who is the fool. Scaliwag and moronic entity. Senseless fool that has allowed his asslicking of a lifeless politician becloud his senses.

On point.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by executive12: 12:32am On Nov 02, 2019
Charly68:
People should allow the military to do their job ,the men should however be professional in their conducts

It's not the job of the military to be checking people's IDs. It's the job of the Police.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by executive12: 12:38am On Nov 02, 2019
justtoodark:

by police that is underpaid and completly undermanned....

nigeria doesnt have enough police officers for its size....
its no hidin secret....

And you think the solution is to get the Army to start doing Police work?
Our teachers are also underpaid. I guess your Buhari should also get the Army to start teaching in the primary and secondary schools.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by justtoodark: 12:41am On Nov 02, 2019
executive12:

Our teachers are also underpaid. I guess your Buhari should also get the Army to start teaching in the primary and secondary schools.

why not...??
i say separatin police and army is stvpid....especialy for a nation that doesnt have that much in pursemoney....

in peace they become police officers,in trouble they become soldiers....
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by justtoodark: 12:42am On Nov 02, 2019
executive12:

why not...??
i say separatin police and army is stvpid....especialy for a nation that doesnt have that much in pursemoney....

in peace they become police officers,in trouble they become soldiers....

why must we always do everything like western nations....??
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by justtoodark: 12:45am On Nov 02, 2019
and you people shouldnt forget how much our local hunters did too to fight boko haram....
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by berrystunn(m): 12:59am On Nov 02, 2019
Abidob:
Only an enemy of the state would go against this operation... God bless Nigeria

Lol
Nigeria at war with Boko Haram, Nigeria deploy men to 36 state, just to check I.D

Who is now the enemy of the state? lol
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by KenModi(m): 1:44am On Nov 02, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Police dey harass

Sars dey kill

Boko Haram dey slaughter

Fulani herdmen dey massacre

kidnappers dey operate

armed robbers dey fire

Bandit on genocide mission

Now Military movement is next

God deliver us from Pharaoh

When Sowore called for protest, you guys mocked him, oyah keep quiet and enjoy your next level!

I hope Buhari increases fuel price this December. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Haddock(m): 1:47am On Nov 02, 2019
Swargu:

Na so.. Before you know we go begin kneel down for road, do frog jump and the likes, abeg... I just need to leave here, where is my destiny helper ooo.. angry

E dey between your legs...
Use am...
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by komekn(m): 2:41am On Nov 02, 2019
omoiyamayor:
Not too bad,security comes first.if the immigration officers only wants to work at the airport then why not army intervene.

The rule of law comes first.

Security does not exceed the rule of law.

We are now running a defacto dictatorship disguised as a civil democracy.

The army essentially usurped the NA and created a law ⚖ by themselves. To what purpose
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by opiraxy(m): 3:15am On Nov 02, 2019
There is nothing Bad in this...Here in UAE...walking around without a valid means Identification attracts a fine of nothing less than 10k naira.

TheGiftedOne:
Meaning we must now move about with one of the following

NIMC

Driver's License

Voters Card

National I'D Card

Etc.

Well, I have two of the aforelisted....abi na Int'l passport?

#BringThemOn

2 Likes

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by yom2(m): 4:00am On Nov 02, 2019
medolab90:

Delete this it doesn't make sense undecided undecided
OK u are saying that criminals should not be identified? Becos an average person has skeleton in his cupboard?. In other countries they have something similar. Do u know some of these terorist are foreigners?

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Jimi24: 5:14am On Nov 02, 2019
The President actually has broad discretionary powers on defence and security so this case will die.

Nobody is forcing ID on you but of you are traveling and you are young, you will be profilee. If you are from the NE you may ne Boko Haram. N. West you may be a kidnapper pr bandit.

Falana is being narrow minded. The NA has not forced ID on anybody . You can travel without ID but you may experience delays whilst on the road. Delays of a few days.

People should think. When this measure brings a marked reduction in.kidnapping, all mouths will be shut.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by GODWIN78(m): 5:36am On Nov 02, 2019
in a civilised country army are only drafted to a war zone,but nigeria is a failed state,i,think this is the duty of immigration or pooorlice.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by mindtricks: 6:27am On Nov 02, 2019
Lucid1:

Story. IDs can't be replaced ni? Outside this country you're required to carry some form of ID, why can't such be replicated in Nigeria. There are always exceptions and if that happens, you'll be quizzed on other means of validating your citizenship. I support the army 100%

And you sound like such replacement, even getting one in the first place is easy as it ought to be like you make it appear. You no longer trust the corrupt system and corrupt officials of same government in charge to as usual frustrate such efforts. You forget the unofficially official racketeering that goes with it unchecked, unpunished? Does the law say you should become a criminal because you don't have your ID with you at any point in time? How do you know such exceptions, can you define it? You supporting the army does it change the fact the military is pushing too far into what is not their core function or is it your way of confirming that after all like critics say Nigeria is a banana Republic?
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by mindtricks: 6:34am On Nov 02, 2019
Azmanaty:

Will u shut up there! Is Nigeria an advanced country?? First provide the citizens with water and basic amenities before u start talking about positive ID. [b]In advanced countries, ID takes minutes or hours to get processed and released to the owner, in Nigeria NIMC takes minimum of 8years. [/b]Abeg yarn another thing

What more can we say.

Lucid1 just in case you are typing from outside the country.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by maasoap(m): 6:47am On Nov 02, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Police dey harass

Sars dey kill

Boko Haram dey slaughter

Fulani herdmen dey massacre

kidnappers dey operate

armed robbers dey fire

Bandit on genocide mission

Now Military movement is next

God deliver us from Pharaoh

Must we criticise and oppose everything? Nigeria citizens are problem themselves
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 02, 2019
mindtricks:

And you sound like such replacement, even getting one in the first place is easy as it ought to be like you make it appear. You no longer trust the corrupt system and corrupt officials of same government in charge to as usual frustrate such efforts. You forget the unofficially official racketeering that goes with it unchecked, unpunished? Does the law say you should become a criminal because you don't have your ID with you at any point in time? How do you know such exceptions, can you define it? You supporting the army does it change the fact the military is pushing too far into what is not their core function or is it your way of confirming that after all like critics say Nigeria is a banana Republic?

I'm quite certain that 99% of you guys have valid IDs but due to the shate-filled nature of the average Nigerian towards their government, you just want to criticize cos you have a medium to do so.

Cos of ordinary ID you guys want to turned to lawyers overnight

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by precious1967(m): 6:51am On Nov 02, 2019
pls nobody should entertain any fear just put it at the back of your mind that we are now in the military era. Wait for decrees 2 and 4.
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 02, 2019
Azmanaty:

Will u shut up there! Is Nigeria an advanced country?? First provide the citizens with water and basic amenities before u start talking about positive ID. In advanced countries, ID takes minutes or hours to get processed and released to the owner, in Nigeria NIMC takes minimum of 8years. Abeg yarn another thing

Abusing people just shows how shallow-minded you are.

I'm sure you have a valkid means of ID and move about with it but you just feel like spewing trash, we know your type.

FYI you can get the temporary NIMC print-out and it's a valid ID, even traders around the country know this.

The fight against alien invasion, insurgency and insecurity must go on.

NB: I come in peace, thining inside the box isn't bad sometimes

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 02, 2019
mindtricks:

What more can we say.

Lucid1 just in case you are typing from outside the country.

I'm quite certain that 99% of you guys have valid IDs but due to the hate-filled nature of the average Nigerian towards their government, you just want to criticize cos you have a medium to do so.

National ID is free, even if you misplace it you can get another for a 'token'. The ID might take years to get ready but the slips are valid too and are replaceable on the spot.

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Azmanaty: 7:02am On Nov 02, 2019
Lucid1:

Abusing people just shows how shallow-minded you are.

I'm sure you have a valkid means of ID and move about with it but you just feel like spewing trash, we know your type.

FYI you can get the temporary NIMC print-out and it's a valid ID, even traders around the country know this.

The fight against alien invasion, insurgency and insecurity must go on.

NB: I come in peace, thining inside the box isn't bad sometimes

So shut up to you is an abuse?
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by kelvxyn: 7:15am On Nov 02, 2019
You go see anyhow. Army no nonsense.
emeijeh:
"If you do anyhow........
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 02, 2019
Azmanaty:

So shut up to you is an abuse?
Yes, an exhibition of impertinence
Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by OttHin: 7:27am On Nov 02, 2019
This kind boosit e no go reach my village. Na initial gragra.

N20 & N50 notes, the surest valid Id in Nigeria.

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 02, 2019
Haddock:

E dey between your legs...
Use am...
Lol, Lwkmd, I am a dude oh, you sha are not serious �.

1 Like

Re: Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today by Sagay212: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2019
Lucid1:

Every Nigerian 18 and above should have a means of Identification. Only aloof ones will still try to jump this.
Work ID, Driving license, voters card, school ID or national ID card or temporary slip.

I hear you mr aloof. Let them go to the rural areas and and ask for all these IDs. And those that just turned 18? You will be the one to give them national ID, or voters card or money for drivers license when they don't even have a bicycle or know where breakfast will come from.

You people continue to encourage daft decisions by your useless government. Thesame govt allow people in from Niger all in the name of herdsmen and when they need them for election. Same useless govt that decides to release terrorists and claim they have repented? Or some northern governors negotiating with bandits and kidnappers? Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Air Force Pilot Shows His 'Dabbing' Skills / James Ibori Hosts Ayiri Emami And His Children At His Residence In Delta (Photos / More Reactions: Nigerians Mock PDP Collapsed Podium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.