Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election (5250 Views)

Reno Omokri: Reject IPOB By Rejecting Peter Obi Who Put Biafran Flag On His Beer / Peter Obi Who Is Contesting Against Me Lives In Lagos - Tinubu (pic/vid / Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by IGBOSON1: 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Actually, both are non-starters as far as I am concerned. I've emphasized I'm more inclined towards an Osibanjo or Adeshina (if we're lucky enough).

To choose the lesser evil of the two however, which political logic dictates will be based on who's more likely to protect my interests; it will undoubtedly be Tinubu - the one that does not have the antecedents of profiling Northerners and desiring they carry ID & not backed by a horde of zoo chanting, caustic tongued ipob apologists.

Hehehehe grin grin grin

Nice try, but you’ve not answered my question! I didn’t ask you who you would choose based on your own, religious or tribal interests as i know that already. You have good form in this regard! wink

Rather I’m asking you -based on the criteria i listed earlier- who between the two would you pick as having better leadership potential!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by QuotaSystem: 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Hehehehe grin grin grin

Nice try, but you’ve not answered my question! I didn’t ask you who you would choose based on your own, religious or tribal interests as i know that already. You have good form in this regard! wink

Rather I’m asking you -based on the criteria i listed earlier- who between the two would you pick as having better leadership potential!

Lol and what arrogates you the idea that you get to choose the criteria on which I base my choices? Hilarious.

Far weightier criteria like leadership acumen, antecedents of raising leaders, and alignment with my interests dictate my political leanings. GEJ was also weak, effeminate, pretentiously modest with his no shoes theory etc. - yet all that didn't translate to performance either.

obi's weaknesses overwhelm whatever character strengths he might possess. His effeminate nature is such a turnoff, he is a proven bigot and ipob sympathizer, he is supported and thrust by hateful unpatriotic northern antagonists & secessionists, he failed to lift Anambra to any enviable heights during his tenure. He is all talk and zero action.

Tell me, what better indicator of leadership acumen is there than the serially proven ability to identify and raise other good leaders (Governors, Ministers, Vice Presidents)? How many have obi raised? Tinubu is better by far.

Honestly my mind can't even fathom obi as a leader. We will request for his I.D card if he dares bring any campaign to the North.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Amumaigwe: 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
Amaso99:
Tinubu is the reason Lagos is the only progressive state today in Nigeria, can you say same for Obi

Igbo business men, contributing massively to Lagos IGR, is the reason Lagos appears to be a progressive state.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by chidexleo: 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2019
obi of course
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by oyatz(m): 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2019
Things have changed and will change for better in 2023.

He is the most beloved politician in Nigeria

hollah123:
the same obi that atiku couldn't even use his pictures in some core Northern states is d one u are hyping here, no b d same chinko made obi that igbo governors rubbished d other day?
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by nzeobi(m): 10:42pm On Nov 02, 2019
ProWalker:
The kind knocking Obi go chop will make world history grin
Big lie, he will get 70%of votes in the south and with kwankwaso influence get 50% in the North.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by nzeobi(m): 10:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
Amaso99:
Tinubu is the reason Lagos is the only progressive state today in Nigeria, can you say same for Obi
Please what is progressive about lagos. The development you are seeing in lagos is because lagos was the former capital of Nigeria .
Even when many states have built their own airports why can't lagos build its own international airport.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by nzeobi(m): 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2019
hollah123:
anambra that Peter obi left without fire truck n so many things, u think we don't know? though am a Yoruba man n I can't even vote for tinubu but don't try to compare Peter obi to him at all, it's just too far. is it political acumen, wisdom, ideologies or exposure or tactics? bro hate apart n sentiment apart bro. Peter obi is too small to b compared to tinubu
You know nothing about the fire trucks. He bought trucks and equipped the fire service in anambra state during his time which was why he could visit the incidence scene unlike the current governor.

As for riches, men don't try to compare, tinubu was in power when Peter obi declared his assets and was the richest public office holder in Nigeria in 2006.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by nzeobi(m): 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
hollah123:
the same obi that atiku couldn't even use his pictures in some core Northern states is d one u are hyping here, no b d same chinko made obi that igbo governors rubbished d other day?
Who told you Atiku couldn't use his picture in 2019, Peter obi that donates 2 million naira to renovation of schools monthly and most of those schools are in the North.
Don't worry at the right time, the facts will be laid bare.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by IGBOSON1: 12:21am On Nov 03, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Lol and what arrogates you the idea that you get to choose the criteria on which I base my choices? Hilarious.

Far weightier criteria like leadership acumen, antecedents of raising leaders, and alignment with my interests dictate my political leanings. GEJ was also weak, effeminate, pretentiously modest with his no shoes theory etc. - yet all that didn't translate to performance either.

obi's weaknesses overwhelm whatever character strengths he might possess. His effeminate nature is such a turnoff, he is a proven bigot and ipob sympathizer, he is supported and thrust by hateful unpatriotic northern antagonists & secessionists, he failed to lift Anambra to any enviable heights during his tenure. He is all talk and zero action.

Tell me, what better indicator of leadership potential is there than the serially proven ability to identify and raise other good leaders (Governors, Ministers, Vice Presidents)? How many have obi raised? Tinubu is better by far.

Honestly my mind can't even fathom obi as a leader. We will request for his I.D card if he dares bring any campaign to the North.

"Who do you think between the two of them is more fiscally prudent, not given to grandiose and obscene displays of power and wealth, and who would be less likely to use loopholes and opportunities in governance to enrich themselves and their cronies?" These are the criteria i listed, and asked you who between Tinubu and Obi would you say has exhibited these traits in leadership! Anyone would tell you that any leader that doesn't exhibit these traits is anything but exemplary, but Quotasystem thinks otherwise and avoided giving me a direct answer.

Instead you told me you have your own list of character traits of a good leader, and went on to list, ".....leadership acumen, antecedents of raising leaders, and alignment with my interests...." Mostly non-specific, broad-based and self-centred! Basically, you're saying your self-interest is at variance with national-interest if you emphasis on 'my interests'! What are these 'interests' if you don't mind me asking?

I don't know why you keep harping on about 'effeminate' whatever! All the he-men and macho-men Nigeria has had since 1960, where has it gotten us? I think it's laughable that one of your hallmarks of a good leader is that he should have a baritone voice and assert his manhood at any given opportunity....probably be swinging his dick at public functions while saying, 'hey, look everybody...i'm a man'! shocked It says a lot about you that you would pick a blundering and incoherent Buhari over a bold and assertive Peter Obi all because Peter Obi has a higher-pitched voice than Buhari! Nice to see where your priorities lay! wink

I think it's a bit rich....a Buhari minion having the gall to accuse Peter Obi of being a bigot! Pray, in what way has he exhibited this bigotry? Buharis' bigotry is as clear as day, and it's decades old since he started from the 60s to exhibit it! Everyone knows of his clannishness, nepotism and intense dislike of the Igbo so it's not something we need to go over again right here!

Are you unaware of the bullion vans seen going into Tinubus' residence on election day? Are you unaware of the unsavoury questions that followed him back from his sojurn in the US? Are you unaware of his bigoted and anti-Igbo statement and the actions of his thugs during the last set of elections in Lagos earlier this year? Are you unaware of the daylight robbery that passed for elections in Osun state? Are you unaware of how he's fleecing Lagos State though his Alpa-Beta coy? You talk of him 'raising leaders'? For this Naija wey you and me dey so? Just who are these sterling leaders he's raised? I'm dying to know!

Your problem is that you just don't like Igbos...and that's fair enough, as i equally don't like the Fulani (primarily b'cos of people like you and Buhari)! The difference between us though is that whereas i have realised the situation is untenable and believe we should end the abusive marriage and go our separate ways; you on the other hand still wants 'one Nigeria' yet are vehemently opposed to a Igbo becoming your president! You would always find a reason to justify your bigotry....if it's not that the Igbo candidate has a high-pitched voice, then it would be that he walks funny! smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by obidr(m): 3:43am On Nov 03, 2019
IGBOSON1:

"Who do you think between the two of them is more fiscally prudent, not given to grandiose and obscene displays of power and wealth, and who would be less likely to use loopholes and opportunities in governance to enrich themselves and their cronies?" These are the criteria i listed, and asked you who between Tinubu and Obi would you say has exhibited these traits in leadership! Anyone would tell you that any leader that doesn't exhibit these traits is anything but exemplary, but Quotasystem thinks otherwise and avoided giving me a direct answer.

Instead you told me you have your own list of character traits of a good leader, and went on to list, ".....leadership acumen, antecedents of raising leaders, and alignment with my interests...." Mostly non-specific, broad-based and self-centred! Basically, you're saying your self-interest is at variance with national-interest if you emphasis on 'my interests'! What are these 'interests' if you don't mind me asking?

I don't know why you keep harping on about 'effeminate' whatever! All the he-men and macho-men Nigeria has had since 1960, where has it gotten us? I think it's laughable that one of your hallmarks of a good leader is that he should have a baritone voice and assert his manhood at any given opportunity....probably be swinging his dick at public functions while saying, 'hey, look everybody...i'm a man'! shocked It says a lot about you that you would pick a blundering and incoherent Buhari over a bold and assertive Peter Obi all because Peter Obi has a higher-pitched voice than Buhari! Nice to see where your priorities lay! wink

I think it's a bit rich....a Buhari minion having the gall to accuse Peter Obi of being a bigot! Pray, in what way has he exhibited this bigotry? Buharis' bigotry is as clear as day, and it's decades old since he started from the 60s to exhibit it! Everyone knows of his clannishness, nepotism and intense dislike of the Igbo so it's not something we need to go over again right here!

Are you unaware of the bullion vans seen going into Tinubus' residence on election day? Are you unaware of the unsavoury questions that followed him back from his sojurn in the US? Are you unaware of his bigoted and anti-Igbo statement and the actions of his thugs during the last set of elections in Lagos earlier this year? Are you unaware of the daylight robbery that passed for elections in Osun state? Are you unaware of how he's fleecing Lagos State though his Alpa-Beta coy? You talk of him 'raising leaders'? For this Naija wey you and me dey so? Just who are these sterling leaders he's raised? I'm dying to know!

Your problem is that you just don't like Igbos...and that's fair enough, as i equally don't like the Fulani (primarily b'cos of people like you and Buhari)! The difference between us though is that whereas i have realised the situation is untenable and believe we should end the abusive marriage and go our separate ways; you on the other hand still wants 'one Nigeria' yet are vehemently opposed to a Igbo becoming your president! You would always find a reason to justify your bigotry....if it's not that the Igbo candidate has a high-pitched voice, then it would be that he walks funny! smiley

Best post of the year.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Baztardmods: 4:44am On Nov 03, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Thank you for schooling that guy, his problem is that he is a self centered tribalist, someone who would see white and call it black

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Johnnyessence(m): 4:45am On Nov 03, 2019
dignity33:
I have read article about Tinubu aspiring for 2023 presidential contest though not sure if Peter Obi will contest but if presidential Election are to be held today and Apc present Tinubu/Erufia while PDP present OBI/kwakwanso who do you think will win ?
obi/kwankwaso

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Johnnyessence(m): 4:50am On Nov 03, 2019
hollah123:
same obi wey dey chop beating for obiano hand? a governor is dealing with obi n u expect him to face the boss of a governor
2021 will speak if Obi is strong in anambra state or not. I believe pdp is winning anambra state back .
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by ProWalker: 5:36am On Nov 03, 2019
nzeobi:

[s]Big lie, he will get 70%of votes in the south and with kwankwaso influence get 50% in the North. [/s]

I don’t respond to BIafra bureau of statistics unproven figures

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by oyatz(m): 6:17am On Nov 03, 2019
Excuse me sir, how is Tinubu over ambitious?

Tinubu hasn't contested any election since 2003 and he was only in Government between 1999-2007. He never crossed to another party.

RTSC:

Depends on who he is running against.
Running against a tinubu makes him more tolerable to the north than an over ambitious tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by raumdeuter: 7:07am On Nov 03, 2019
oyatz:
Excuse me sir, how is Tinubu over ambitious?

Tinubu hasn't contested any election since 2003 and he was only in Government between 1999-2007. He never crossed to another party.

Compared to Obi who ran 2 terms under APGA and fled to PDP to run as VP to Atiku

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by nzeobi(m): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2019
ProWalker:

I don’t respond to BIafra bureau of statistics unproven figures
Come up with your figures cos in your own SW he is getting atleast 45%.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Kapilta(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2019
Anikulhapo:
I'm Yoruba and I will vote for Obi over tinubu any time any day,
PDP apologist. The shame will eventually be yours.

#Yorubafirst

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Kapilta(m): 7:23am On Nov 03, 2019
hollah123:
anambra that Peter obi left without fire truck n so many things, u think we don't know? though am a Yoruba man n I can't even vote for tinubu but don't try to compare Peter obi to him at all, it's just too far. is it political acumen, wisdom, ideologies or exposure or tactics? bro hate apart n sentiment apart bro. Peter obi is too small to b compared to tinubu
So you will rather allign with them to put them at the top while they throw it back in your face?
Body go tell you eventually.

#YorubaFirst.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Koralords: 7:38am On Nov 03, 2019
okeynelson:
Like for OBI
Share for Tinubu
If na my likes na atiku for be president now

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by ProWalker: 9:02am On Nov 03, 2019
nzeobi:

[s]Come up with your figures cos in your own SW he is getting atleast 45%[/s].
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by pipeliner: 9:12am On Nov 03, 2019
Amaso99:
Tinubu, when you compare the states they govern before, Tinubu again and again

You don't need too much initiative to produce results in lagos state. They have population and every company in Nigeria is in lagos so just ensure you tax and tax and tax. Then spend and spend and spend. Tell me which other magic. None whatsoever. One the other hand Obi applied critical intelligence to create so much from nothing. If Obi were to be governor of Lagos state the achievement will be 20 times what you see today.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by nzeobi(m): 9:18am On Nov 03, 2019
[quote author=ProWalker post=83699646][/quote]
even in the last election we saw how he dusted osibanjo in his pooling booth, APC even had to rely on bullion van and oshodi thugs to win.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by juman(m): 9:33am On Nov 03, 2019
I would be better president than obi.
Igbo hates muslims.
Obi hates further, he hates christians that are not from his denomination.
He is religious fanatics.

Also his economic policy did not make sense.
He was not concern about growth, his emphasis was much only on savings.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by juman(m): 9:35am On Nov 03, 2019
pipeliner:

You don't need too much initiative to produce results in lagos state. They have population and every company in Nigeria is in lagos so just ensure you tax and tax and tax. Then spend and spend and spend. Tell me which other magic. None whatsoever. One the other hand Obi applied critical intelligence to create so much from nothing. If Obi were to be governor of Lagos state the achievement will be 20 times what you see today.

Hei hei, there were some governors of lagos that performed badly.
So you have to be up and doing to perform well in lagos as governor.

I am not a tinubu fan.
But I commend him and fashola for spending some money to push pdp away from aso rock.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 03, 2019
kayzat:

Unbelievable grin grin

When did biafrans becomes the mouthpiece for Hausa Fulani

This is what they do. They have boundary issues and always overstep their mark to talk of things they know nothing about. They are then humiliated in the end. I remember that Mekaboy insisting Tinubu will dump Buhari and work for Atiku before the 2019 election. I told him it won't happen and gave reasons yet he continued to argue obdurately.

Same with Igbos crowning Saraki the conqueror of Tinubu and PMB. When we told them Saraki's humiliation was round the corner they argued blindly. I can tell Igbos that Obi stands zilch chance in the North against Tinubu or any Yoruba for that matter but they will only argue so best to leave them to their delusion. That is how they role.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by pipeliner: 9:45am On Nov 03, 2019
juman:
I would be better president than obi.
Igbo hates muslims.
Obi hates further, he hates christians that are not from his denomination.
He is religious fanatics.

Also his economic policy did not make sense.
He was not concern about growth, his emphasis was much only on savings.

You have to start from somewhere. Savings is a very strong factor for growth. His model also include attraction of foreign investment. I believe that Nigeria need to develop the habit of saving. There is so much waste in the land. Savings alone can throw up funds for development.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 9:49am On Nov 03, 2019
Anikulhapo:
I'm Yoruba and I will vote for Obi over tinubu any time any day,
You’re not yoruba. Stop lying okay
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by juman(m): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2019
pipeliner:

You have to start from somewhere. Savings is a very strong factor for growth. His model also include attraction of foreign investment. I believe that Nigeria need to develop the habit of saving. There is so much waste in the land. Savings alone can throw up funds for development.

He was good in cutting waste spending. Thats good.

But infrastructure development is most important.
You borrow many many billions of dollars to build infrastructure.
Without necessary infrastructure, the country cannot move forward as expected.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 9:54am On Nov 03, 2019
Amumaigwe:

Igbo business men, contributing massively to Lagos IGR, is the reason Lagos appears to be a progressive state.
The Igbo business men should do the same to anambra igr since they say charity begins at home or na by force to develop Lagos ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 9:56am On Nov 03, 2019
nzeobi:

Come up with your figures cos in your own SW he is getting atleast 45%.
No be only 45%. So yorubas go leave tinubu vote for Obi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orji Kalu: Senatorial Office Not Opportunity To Amass Wealth But Give Service / Can't Believe This Is Not Europe, This Is Eket! / Only 7 More Days! Nigerian's Race To The North Pole - Feb 15th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.