Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,728 members, 7,813,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election (5242 Views)

Reno Omokri: Reject IPOB By Rejecting Peter Obi Who Put Biafran Flag On His Beer / Peter Obi Who Is Contesting Against Me Lives In Lagos - Tinubu (pic/vid / Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by olril17(m): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Oshigun:

Hogwash. Tinubu is a natural leader. Very intelligent, visionary and innovative. Most of you should actually go and read about his 8 year tenure as Lagos Governor instead of swallowing the lies PDP has somehow turned into truth for you ignorant lot because they have repeated those lies many, many times.

You wan't to talk about prudence? How did Lagos survive and even grow when the Vindictive OBJ withdrew the federal allocation accruing to the State for a long period of time? What obscene display of power are you talking of? You only hear or see Tinubu when he has to act. What display of wealth and self-enrichment? Is Obi not accused of using Anambra money for his private business i.e Sab Miller? Once again, Igbo hypocrisy on show.

Tinubu will transform Nigeria with his grand plans and strategy. Obi is at best a stilted accountant. Tinubu is the closest thing to Awolowo Nigeria has today. Whether Tinubu become President is not my call but I know, as someone who is focused on real and tangible things we have all seen, he will make a great President. Certainly the best we have had since 1999.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/111122/alleged-fraud-ex-lawmaker-sues-obi-others-over-n5bn-brewer.html

http://saharareporters.com/2009/06/06/anambra-citizens-petitions-efcc-over-peter-obis-stealing-state-funds
you talk too much...even alot of yorubas loathe Tinubu and thats the truth..and they will neva vote 4 him..abi na lie?..
dats wat u should address and be more concerned about dat dis natural and visionary leader is not even well liked in his own region..
I noticed how you were arguing wit one fellow Yoruba guy b4 election how APC will sweep Sw because of tinubu and Osinbajo factor and sum oda factors,how yorubas are dis and dat,nd d guy was proven rite in d end..and the 2 major parties share d votes in d region..
The greatest threat to SW2023 agenda or tinubu presidency is the yorubas themselves because tinubu is also hated by a lot of oda Yorubas.
its amazing how you APC guys in sw always tink u can speak 4 all of sw, even though elections after elections has shown that SW itself is not a one party region...and wat APC should be doing is to unite sw for 2023 rather than always think igbos not voting sw is their prob.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by olril17(m): 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2019
nzeobi:

in the last presidential election we saw it despite the fact that osibanjo and tinubu are from the SW pdp still had a good showing in the SW even lagos had to rely on bullion vans and oshodi thugs,
a lot of APC yorubas supporters are so deluded..they think they earn the right to speak for all of sw.
amazingly the opposition has thousands of core supporters in d region..sw is not a one party region like these delusional APC supporters will have you believed...and are the greatest threats to a Yoruba presidency because despite being from their region,most of them loathe and hate tinubu..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by RTSC: 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2019
Shawnnn01:
Foolish Igbos do that why can't honest Nigerians do the same.

"Honest" Nigerians should also remember to call it Biafra when super falcons, super eagles, d'tigress are playing.

Baba e lo foolish.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by olril17(m): 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
Yinibixema:

The problem with most of you is that you will never accept the truth. Oyo State most precisely and other south western states would never vote an Igbo man. Some people still have some love for atiku in south west. Most people don’t even know obi in south west
sw spokesman..
APC will loose the election before it even start if Tinubu is their preferred candidate..
we are talking of man hated also by many Yoruba people..
SW is dynamic and APC needs a lot of ground work in sw to be done to convince the absolute majority..and not convince itself that a sw candidate mean they will easily get 90 percent of votes..
not with the wag Yoruba APC treat any fellow Yoruba supportive of the opposition.
sw is their own greatest threat to a Yoruba presidency..cos the region is not even politically united like the core north and east.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2019
olril17:

sw spokesman..
APC will loose the election before it even start if Tinubu is their preferred candidate..
we are talking of man hated also by many Yoruba people..
SW is dynamic and APC needs a lot of ground work in sw to be done to convince the absolute majority..and not convince itself that a sw candidate mean they will easily get 90 percent of votes..
not with the wag Yoruba APC treat any fellow Yoruba supportive of the opposition.
You’re not yoruba and you can’t know our thinking more than me. No matter how you claim some yorubas hate tinubu, they will never vote an Igbo man as president okay. So get that now
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by meccuno: 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
Oshigun:

Your inferiority complex kicking in again. I challenged you because I know for sure you cannot prove your claim of Obi's academic or career superiority as I know both men's educational and professional background. Instead of you to rise up to the challenge and prove what you try to pass of as fact, you are prevaricating and bloviating emptily. Prove Obi is a genius who has worked for some of the top companies of the world or shut up. Did not get where I have in life dealing in speculation, half-truths and propaganda as folks like you enjoy doing to the be playing victim when busted.
no one said he is a genius. An average Igbo man has confidence which probably annoys his host. You must be silly to say i have inferiority complex. Peter Obis record speaks for him. His educational background is stellar he doesn't need to prove ish to you or the slowpoke who even had to compare the two. When it comes to politics i would give it to Tinubu. But educational qualification's,I won't even bring Obis reputation low to his level. Was it no this same Tinubu that claimed he went to a school that he didn't attend? Peter Obis CV is loaded. Sorry your god Tinubu doesn't come close. And please don't include properties he aquired after 1999 because we know he made his money in government. We can't even trace the source of his wealth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by olril17(m): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
Yinibixema:

You’re not yoruba and you can’t know our thinking more than me. No matter how you claim some yorubas hate tinubu, they will never vote an Igbo man as president okay. So get that now
lol..I'm from osun state and God forbid me and my family will be one of the people who will vote Tinubu..not after wat we passed through in the hands of his stooge 4 eight. years..I did rather vote d devil..
thats the intolerance we are just talking about..you will see Yoruba APC bullying and abusing fellow yorubas supporting the opposition on social media and still want the same people offline to support their so called Yoruba presidency like it put food on our table..
2023 is here,let APC presents tinubu,y'll in for a shocker in sw.
I no vote Atiku make I con vote grandmaster of all thieves Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
olril17:

lol..I'm from osun state and God forbid me and my family will be one of the people who will vote Tinubu..not after wat we passed through in the hands of his stooge 4 eight. years..I did rather vote d devil..
thats the intolerance we are just talking about..you will see Yoruba APC bullying and abusing fellow yorubas supporting the opposition on social media and still want the same people offline to support their so called Yoruba presidency like it put food on our table..
2023 is here,let APC presents tinubu,y'll in for a shocker in sw.
I no vote Atiku make I con vote grandmaster of all thieves Tinubu.
You’re not yoruba. Stop lying because if you’re yoruba as claimed, you won’t even think of voting an Igbo man who may be Pdp candidate

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by olril17(m): 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2019
Yinibixema:

You’re not yoruba. Stop lying because if you’re yoruba as claimed, you won’t even think of voting an Igbo man who may be Pdp candidate
OK oo..mo ti gbo..sw spokesman who has sampled all opinion of yorubas..
if Tinubu is the alternative I will gladly cast my vote for the devil talk more of an igbo man..
tinubu has stepped on alot of people's toes in sw,and if he is the candidate,they will gladly pay him back in his own coin..
so let APC be daring and present mr Tinubu ooo.
lol..
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2019
olril17:

if Tinubu is the alternative I will gladly cast my vote for the devil talk more of an igbo man..
tinubu has stepped on alot of people's toes in sw,and if he is the candidate,they will gladly pay him back in his own coin..
lol..
Be proud of where you come from. You aren’t Yoruba okay
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by olril17(m): 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
Yinibixema:
Be proud of where you come from. You aren’t Yoruba okay
toor...atleast o ti peemi ni omo-ibo taabi Ipob..
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 5:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
olril17:

toor...atleast o ti peemi ni omo-ibo taabi Ipob..
You’re ipobian
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by olril17(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
Yinibixema:
You’re ipobian
toor.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by okeynelson: 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
hollah123:
dont forget atiku won in all social media platforms, where is he today?
Dubai
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
olril17:

toor.
Yea ipob
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by gtown: 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
Second opportunity to show them how powerful almajeri are
Another opportunity to condemn them to accept this their 'noble' position is permanent.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Anikulhapo(m): 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
Kapilta:
PDP apologist. The shame will eventually be yours.

#Yorubafirst
Why should I vote for tinubu, cos he is yoruba? He is self centered and corrupt, if I lie, ask Lautech students and staff
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Anikulhapo(m): 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
Yinibixema:

You’re not yoruba. Stop lying okay
Why should I vote for tinubu, cos he is yoruba? He is self centered and corrupt, if I lie, ask Lautech students and staff
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
Anikulhapo:

I can’t ask lautech students because he’s not the governor of either Oyo or Osun state

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Kapilta(m): 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
Anikulhapo:

i have told you already.

The shame will be yours. When i call yoruba liberals slaves of 'one nigeria' some people will vex.

Here is one of them, they don't mind selling out the tribe thinking they know better than the rest.

You will eventually take your L then of.e mm.anu

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by franchasng: 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2019
Amaso99:
Tinubu is the reason Lagos is the only progressive state today in Nigeria, can you say same for Obi
How is Lagos progressive You Yoruba Muslims are just too slow and arrogant in your folly.

Lagos that generate more internal revenue more than so many countries yet looking like a slum with no good roads connecting the inter cities and dilapidated infrastructures despite being the capital city of Nigeria for decades and enjoying enormous favors from being the economy hub of Nigeria

Whoever prepared the spell Tinubu is using on you guys must be a strong babalawo, na wa
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Ngokobo: 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2019
Succinctly captured
olril17:

you talk too much...even alot of yorubas loathe Tinubu and thats the truth..and they will neva vote 4 him..abi na lie?..
dats wat u should address and be more concerned about dat dis natural and visionary leader is not even well liked in his own region..
I noticed how you were arguing wit one fellow Yoruba guy b4 election how APC will sweep Sw because of tinubu and Osinbajo factor and sum oda factors,how yorubas are dis and dat,nd d guy was proven rite in d end..and the 2 major parties share d votes in d region..
The greatest threat to SW2023 agenda or tinubu presidency is the yorubas themselves because tinubu is also hated by a lot of oda Yorubas.
its amazing how you APC guys in sw always tink u can speak 4 all of sw, even though elections after elections has shown that SW itself is not a one party region...and wat APC should be doing is to unite sw for 2023 rather than always think igbos not voting sw is their prob.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by capitalzero: 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
Amaso99:
Tinubu is the reason Lagos is the only progressive state today in Nigeria, can you say same for Obi

Yes, slum is progressing
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 03, 2019
olril17:

lol..

Bruv, you're not relevant. You need to sit your azz somewhere. Making a lot of noise about Yorubas will not vote Tinubu yet how many Yorubas are in that corner on NL? Abeg bounce Nigga. You are an isolated "Yoruba" and as fake as they come.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by olril17(m): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
Oshigun:

Bruv, you're not relevant. You need to sit your azz somewhere. Making a lot of noise about Yorubas will not vote Tinubu yet how many Yorubas are in that corner on NL? Abeg bounce Nigga. You are an isolated "Yoruba" and as fake as they come.
lol..see person wey relevant...awon apooda tinubu..
mere noisemakers...
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by IGBOSON1: 11:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
QuotaSystem:

I must have been expecting too much of you to think you'd understand the context of my response. I had already stated that both Asiwaju and Obi were non starters as far as I was concerned. What criteria did IGBOSON1 think I was dissatisfied with? You didn't need to be a genius to figure out that my reservations for Asiwaju were based on the criteria you outlined.

I then went on to state that I'd pick Asiwaju a dozen times over if I had to because he beats Obi silly on other criteria which I consider important which include leadership acumen and not being backed a horde of antagonistic, zoo chanting, caustic tongued ipob members & apologists. There is nothing vague, broad-based or non specific about that.

In any community, or nation, where resources are scarce or opinions are conflicting, there are bound to be competing interests. In America it is pro-abortion/gun control vs anti-abortion/guncontrol. In Britain it could be pro-brexit vs anti-brexit. In France it is pro-immigration vs anti-immigration. In Nigeria it could be pro-federal character/regionalism/state police vs. anti-fed.character etc. You get the drift. Politics is ALL about interests. If your desires/interests do not tally with mine (e.g. focus on agriculture vs oil, investment in seeking hydrocarbons in the North and solid minerals development),how will I not seek a candidate that will champion my interests? How can that then be twisted to mean "self-centeredness"? I hope you're keeping up to speed.

President Buhari is competent and coherent enough to strike new diplomatic relations, implement protectionist policies for national development e.g border closure, and continue to lead as the de-facto leader of the sub-continent. Don't kid yourself smiley. A leader must symbolize the authority he wields, especially as the commander-in-chief. We cannot have an effeminate character sounding like a pre-pubescent lady holding that forte. Not necessarily a priority but definitely a factor to consider. What is REALLY RICH is having a PDP/IPOB/Obi minion that wailed daily about PMB's "thin, skeleton" frame, come here and try to pontificate about the irrelevance of such features to performance. Hypocrisy anyone undecided?

Peter Obi is a bigot and he knows it. Otherwise he would not have joined the conspiracy of silence & kept quiet as an influential Igbo leader such as Nnamdi Cownu polluted the airwaves with extreme, bigoted hate speech. He went on instead, to further associate himself with the bigotry-filled terrorist fugitive by calling for his release when finally arrested for his toxic activities by the security agencies. Your kin are even more clannish and harbor even more intense hatred for PMB which you have demonstrated severally, including wishing the old man dead repeatedly. Were you expecting roses in return? You fool no one with all that sanctimonious bull.shit.

While I'm not here to hold brief or defend Tinubu for the allegations you stated, it is a fact that Tinubu while Governor of Lagos State, was able to run the state without Federal Allocations due to his fallout with Ogunlewe the then Minister for Works & Housing. If that doesn't signify prudence what does? He then went on to raise successors like Fashola, Ambode & now Sanwo-Olu, who have continued the transformation of Lagos into the mega-city & mega-economy it is today. Compare the GDP of Lagos in 1999 to the present figures. Obi has accomplished no such feat. You cannot rewrite history my friend.

Lol....and Ndigbo just looove Hausa/Fulanis right cheesy? That's why they murdered Ahmadu Bello in cold blood and celebrated it innit? That's Buhari's fault right? No wait it's mine abi? Nonsense.

My friend, Igbos were issued a quit notice to leave the North when Arewa had had enough of the endless insults and hate speech, but as expected your elders came begging to stay - this is documented fact, so stop deceiving yourself thinking anyone is hell bent on you staying in Nigeria. Let that sink in.

Now listen good.- The Difference that puzzles you, is that nobody is going to help you achieve your secession bid for you. Nobody is bending over backwards for an insultive, itinerant, hubris filled set of people who do nothing but constantly hate, oppose and malign them in every way and as much as possible. You deserve ZERO political favors from anyone - the least being the North. If you desire to leave you will struggle for your freedom on your own. You hate Yoruba. You hate Hausa. You hate Fulani. You do not want to build bridges or seek alliances, yet you want Northern + Western votes and support for Biafra/Igbo presidency. Are you okay? Good-luck with achieving that without the diplomacy you're all too conceited and hubris-choked to practice.

You really are something else!

You feel Tinubu and Obi are 'non-starters' based on the criteria i listed yet you're rooting for Buhari: a blundering bigot who if you innocently ask to produce the certificate he claims is with the military, you'd have twenty SANS knocking on your door the next day; someone who got his breaks in life not based on individual brilliance or educational achievement, but based on quota-system and federal-character, and who now finds himself way in over his head as president of a complex country like Nigeria; a man who badluck follows to the extent of plunging Nigeria into recession on both occassions we were unfortunate to have him as head-of-state; a man whose brain is always two steps behind his mouth and ends up putting his foot in it anytime he gives a unscripted interview (any wonder he's now stopped the meet-the-press interviews his predecessors used to give?); a man who's made governance a nepotistic and clannish affair by surrounding himself with core northern muslims (esp' Fulani) to the exclusion of other parts of the country? Apparently, it's one (low) standard and expectations for Buhari and another for Tinubu and Obi. One can only conclude you set your expectations for Buhari so low due to ethno-religious considerations!

You claim Peter Obi is "....being backed a horde of antagonistic, zoo chanting, caustic tongued ipob members & apologists". Care to share links to news stories/reports where IPOB specifically backed Peter Obi? Seems to me you see all Igbo as members of IPOB hence your taggng the support Atiku/Obi got from Ndigbo as 'IPOB support'!

In any event, your god Buhari is backed by the bloodthirsty bokos, herdsmen and bandits but that didn't stop you supporting him for a first and second term in office did it? I hope you remember when the nasty bokos chose Buhari as their representative when talks were planned with the GEJ gov't; you remember when Buhari stormed Ibadan during the OBJ years and rudely told Lam Adesina, 'your people are killing my people' (his people being the herdsmen tormenting us today); you remember when Buhari said, 'a strike against boko haram is a strike against the north'?

Since the start of this useless Buhari admin' in 2015, thousands of innocent Nigerians have been murdered in cold blood by the bokos, herdsmen and bandits...obviously much more than the kidnapper Evans could ever dream of doing (i'm not even sure Evans has killed anyone in any of his operations, but i stand to be corrected), but can you refer us to news reports/links reporting where some of these scumbags were caught, their trials given the same oxygen of publicity the Evans case got, and where they were convicted and handed stiff punishment for their actions? Given the number of Nigerians laid waste by these bastards and given that your 'capable' Buhari has been running things since 2015, we should have a handful of convictions to point to shouldn't we?

You said, "In any community, or nation, where resources are scarce or opinions are conflicting, there are bound to be competing interests. In America it is pro-abortion/gun control vs anti-abortion/guncontrol. In Britain it could be pro-brexit vs anti-brexit. In France it is pro-immigration vs anti-immigration. In Nigeria it could be pro-federal character/regionalism/state police vs. anti-fed.character etc. You get the drift. Politics is ALL about interests. If your desires/interests do not tally with mine (e.g. focus on agriculture vs oil, investment in seeking hydrocarbons in the North and solid minerals development),how will I not seek a candidate that will champion my interests? How can that then be twisted to mean "self-centeredness"? I hope you're keeping up to speed." You know what? I actually agree with your submission here! If searching for oyel in the north is one of your obsessions and criteria for supporting a prospective candidate then by all means knock yourself out! But isn't this a moot point anyway seeing as you lot claim you've already found it? In any case, aren't you preempting both individulas by assuming Obi would be against it while Tinubu would be for it? Have you given Obi a fair hearing and opportunity to present his feelings on the matter before writing him off as someone that would be against 'your interests' in this regard?

On the issue of the closure of the borders, when i say you lot are lawless and have scant regard for agreements and rule of law, this is exactly what i mean? If you say the ECOWAS protocols on free movement of people, goods and services is not in the best interest of Nigeria then fuc'king pull out of ECOWAS! You can't go against signed agreements freely entered into with other countries just b'cos your Customs and Immigrations are incompetent and filled with crooks! The buck stops at the table of the heads of these establishments, but i'm guessing they're still in their jobs for the same reason the incompetent military chiefs are still in theirs: nepotsim, northern hegemony and placing the interests of the core muslim north before that of the entire country! This is actually what 'self-interest' means to you and Buhari...protecting your northern hegemony! Forget all the obfuscating of the issues you try to engage in! Besides the thought of a Igbo president being a pill too bitter for you to swallow, you feel a Igbo presidency will level the playing field, hence you would rather it went to a people you feel are 'benefitting' from the present status-quo and would maintain it in trust for you till such a time when you retrieve your 'birthright'!

Buhari doesn't 'symbolise' and project anything! He's a sick looking geriatric that needs to put a lid on his lust for power and revenge and retire to his cows in Daura! Looking the part of a sick old man is different from just being slim-framed! You probably think being a despot who has scant regard for the rule of law is projecting his authority and looking presidential! I don't blame you though as you're a product of your environment! I bet either you, your father or at least one of your uncles were in the armed forces during the miltary era and held a top gov't position. This would inform your thinking that riding rough-shod over the rule of law is a projection of authority and power!

I think it's hilarious the way you lot tag anything you don't wanna hear as 'hate-speech'! It's about time someone told you a few home truths, and i suppose this is why you hate the likes of Mazi Kanu, Reno Omokri, Timi Frank, Femi Fani-Kayode, etc! They want to shake the table with you standing on it! wink

You accuse Peter Obi of being a bigot because he didn't speak up to condemn Mazi Kanu for his utterances which Quotasystem has declared is 'hate-speech'! Could it be that he trusted that if Mazi Kanu had any case to answer that the courts are there to handle it? In any case, from the time boko haram started their madness around 2011 till the day he was sworn in to office in 2015, care to point out where your god Buhari condemned their murderous activities and commented on the issue other than his comment that 'an attack on boko haram is an attack on the north'? When they pointed at him him to be their representative in talks, didn't he -to all intents and purposes- turn around and flee the scene as fast as his scrawny legs could carry him? Why don't you hold Peter Obi to the same standards in which you hold Buhari?

Any negative sentiments you see Ndigbo show towards Buhari are because we know his vile, vindictive and bigoted nature only too well! They are a only a response to the 'love' he's shown Ndigbo right from the late 60s to date! Buhari partook of the counter-coup in '66 when Igbo officers were slaughtered in cold blood (it's ok if you say their muder by Buhari and his band of murderers were justified b'cos of the Nzeogwu coup...i'll accept that's your position and move on); Buhari took part and/or benefitted from the coup that removed Shagari from office when Ekwueme was being lined up to pick the NPN presidential ticket for '87 elections (how convenient wink)....the Shagari/NPN regime hasn't committed even 10% of the blunders and wickedness Buhari has committed since 2015 yet he's still sitting tight in office; Buhari then went on to place Shagari (the head of the deposed gov't) under house arrest while placing Ekwueme in prison: Buhari has been an advocate for sharia throughout Nigeria; Buhari sent down his Fulani soldiers to murder protesting Igbo youth in cold blood....till today, no enquiry, no apology, nothing; Buharis' intolerance and dogs-and-baboons statement in 2011 led to the death of many promising Nigerian youth corpers, a significant number of whom were Igbo; Buhari made his 5%/97% speech early in his first term, saying those that gave him 5% votes shouldn't expect anything substantial from his gov't and he went ahead to make good on his threat shocked ; Buhari doesn't think any Igbo is good enough to head any of the military and paramiliatry institutions...they're all headed by core northern muslims, with just one or two southerners thrown in to fulfill all rightousness; etc-etc-etc! Now care to tell me how Igbos have shown hate to Buhari and when it started?

It's funny seeing you trying to launder Tinubus' image and dress him in a garb he doesn't merit! Dude, any idiot could govern Lagos and blag his way through two terms! Giving Lagos' position as the major industrial/commercial hub of the country, any incompetent governor would have enough funds to mask his incompetence! Given the states position in the country, its GDP was bound to grow organically! Lagos doesn't have much going for it besides this huge GDP of which you speak. It's yet to complete its intra-city railway; faces perenial flooding; has pot-hole ridden streets outside the affluent areas of VI, Lekki and Ikoyi; is rife with crime; is congested and highy polluted; lacks constant and adequate water supply; is filled with destitutes and the homeless; has its fair share of slums; etc. With all the billions of dollars the state has got since 1999 (a large percentage of which is in Tinubus' deep pockets) there's little on ground to show for it!

Lagos is all about Tinubu, his greed and desire to remain relevant and be calling the shots to protect his vast business interests! You say he finds good leaders abi? I presume Ambode is one of them? Care to tell me why he wasn't supported for a second term in office?

Igbos murdered Ahmadu Bello? That's news to me! Could have sworn it was Nzeogwu and his fellow coup plotters! I presume you're justifying Buharis' wickedness towards Ndigbo based on this...the murder of Ahmadu Bello, et-al?

That 'quit notice' was nothing more than bluffing....placing the cart before the horse! You expect Ndigbo to listen to an unofficial group of northern bigots and relocate back to the south-east when your federal gov't haven't said anything on the matter and even send their Fulani soldiers to murder Igbo youths agitating for a referendum on secession? You expect Ndigbo to vacate the north when said north is still benefitting from VAT and receipts from sale of oyel and gas from Igboland? Last time we left you hateful lot in 1967 what happened? Didn't you send your army chasing after us like Pharaoh did to the Israelites?

Dude, i'd sooner expect help from the devil before looking your way! All i and the likes of IPOB are pointing out is your hypocrisy, deceit and two-faced approach to 'one Nigeria'! If you put your money where your mouth is you'd know you don't sit on the fence when you're sharing the same country with a people you despise the way you despise the Igbo! You would jump off the fence and get to work to try and detach these people from you the same way IPOB have realised living with your ilk is untenable and are doing something about it! Nigeria is the only country where muslims with a wahabi/fundamentalist mindset are hellbent on sharing the same country with 'unbelievers'...a people they despise to the point of justifying murder! Have you no shame and self-pride?

I can tell you for free that Ndigbo don't hate Yoruba, Hausa or even the Fulani! We just feel sharing the same country with the Fulani with a status-quo nobody is in a hurry to change is detrimental to our good health and socio-economic prospects! From 1966 to date we have lost millions of our kith and kin simply by sharing the same country with the Fulani! You would see a different reaction from Ndigbo to 'one Nigeria' the moment we all revert back to the Nigeria our forefathers agreed upon on the eve of 1st Oct' 1960!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by QuotaSystem: 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
1. All I see is Buhari this Buhari that lol. Wake up mate, we already won and the elections are over grin; we already heard worse but the majority made their choice.

2. Your juvenile attempt at emotional blackmail doesn't change the fact that the North does not owe you any help, support or political favours to secede no matter how badly they would like to let you go. Especially recently since Ndigbo have been consumed with antagonizing, refusal to support and strong opposition to Arewa and her beloved Buhari

3. The regionalized "Nigeria of our dreams" was cut short by the greed of none other than your ancestor Aguiyi Ironsi who broke that existing structure with Unification Decree 34 of 1966.

Bye.

IGBOSON1:

You really are something else!

You feel Tinubu and Obi are 'non-starters' based on the criteria i listed yet you're rooting for Buhari: a blundering bigot who if you innocently ask to produce the certificate he claims is with the military, you'd have twenty SANS knocking on your door the next day; someone who got his breaks in life not based on individual brilliance or educational achievement, but based on quota-system and federal-character, and who now finds himself way in over his head as president of a complex country like Nigeria; a man who badluck follows to the extent of plunging Nigeria into recession on both occassions we were unfortunate to have him as head-of-state; a man whose brain is always two steps behind his mouth and ends up putting his foot in it anytime he gives a unscripted interview (any wonder he's now stopped the meet-the-press interviews his predecessors used to give?); a man who's made governance a nepotistic and clannish affair by surrounding himself with core northern muslims (esp' Fulani) to the exclusion of other parts of the country? Apparently, it's one (low) standard and expectations for Buhari and another for Tinubu and Obi. One can only conclude you set your expectations for Buhari so low due to ethno-religious considerations!

You claim Peter Obi is "....being backed a horde of antagonistic, zoo chanting, caustic tongued ipob members & apologists". Care to share links to news stories/reports where IPOB specifically backed Peter Obi? Seems to me you see all Igbo as members of IPOB hence your taggng the support Atiku/Obi got from Ndigbo as 'IPOB support'!

In any event, your god Buhari is backed by the bloodthirsty bokos, herdsmen and bandits but that didn't stop you supporting him for a first and second term in office did it? I hope you remember when the nasty bokos chose Buhari as their representative when talks were planned with the GEJ gov't; you remember when Buhari stormed Ibadan during the OBJ years and rudely told Lam Adesina, 'your people are killing my people' (his people being the herdsmen tormenting us today); you remember when Buhari said, 'a strike against boko haram is a strike against the north'?

Since the start of this useless Buhari admin' in 2015, thousands of innocent Nigerians have been murdered in cold blood by the bokos, herdsmen and bandits...obviously much more than the kidnapper Evans could ever dream of doing (i'm not even sure Evans has killed anyone in any of his operations, but i stand to be corrected), but can you refer us to news reports/links reporting where some of these scumbags were caught, their trials given the same oxygen of publicity the Evans case got, and where they were convicted and handed stiff punishment for their actions? Given the number of Nigerians laid waste by these bastards and given that your 'capable' Buhari has been running things since 2015, we should have a handful of convictions to point to shouldn't we?

You said, "In any community, or nation, where resources are scarce or opinions are conflicting, there are bound to be competing interests. In America it is pro-abortion/gun control vs anti-abortion/guncontrol. In Britain it could be pro-brexit vs anti-brexit. In France it is pro-immigration vs anti-immigration. In Nigeria it could be pro-federal character/regionalism/state police vs. anti-fed.character etc. You get the drift. Politics is ALL about interests. If your desires/interests do not tally with mine (e.g. focus on agriculture vs oil, investment in seeking hydrocarbons in the North and solid minerals development),how will I not seek a candidate that will champion my interests? How can that then be twisted to mean "self-centeredness"? I hope you're keeping up to speed." You know what? I actually agree with your submission here! If searching for oyel in the north is one of your obsessions and criteria for supporting a prospective candidate then by all means knock yourself out! But isn't this a moot point anyway seeing as you lot claim you've already found it? In any case, aren't you preempting both individulas by assuming Obi would be against it while Tinubu would be for it? Have you given Obi a fair hearing and opportunity to present his feelings on the matter before writing him off as someone that would be against 'your interests' in this regard?

On the issue of the closure of the borders, when i say you lot are lawless and have scant regard for agreements and rule of law, this is exactly what i mean? If you say the ECOWAS protocols on free movement of people, goods and services is not in the best interest of Nigeria then fuc'king pull out of ECOWAS! You can't go against signed agreements freely entered into with other countries just b'cos your Customs and Immigrations are incompetent and filled with crooks! The buck stops at the table of the heads of these establishments, but i'm guessing they're still in their jobs for the same reason the incompetent military chiefs are still in theirs: nepotsim, northern hegemony and placing the interests of the core muslim north before that of the entire country! This is actually what 'self-interest' means to you and Buhari...protecting your northern hegemony! Forget all the obfuscating of the issues you try to engage in! Besides the thought of a Igbo president being a pill too bitter for you to swallow, you feel a Igbo presidency will level the playing field, hence you would rather it went to a people you feel are 'benefitting' from the present status-quo and would maintain it in trust for you till such a time when you retrieve your 'birthright'!

Buhari doesn't 'symbolise' and project anything! He's a sick looking geriatric that needs to put a lid on his lust for power and revenge and retire to his cows in Daura! Looking the part of a sick old man is different from just being slim-framed! You probably think being a despot who has scant regard for the rule of law is projecting his authority and looking presidential! I don't blame you though as you're a product of your environment! I bet either you, your father or at least one of your uncles were in the armed forces during the miltary era and held a top gov't position. This would inform your thinking that riding rough-shod over the rule of law is a projection of authority and power!

I think it's hilarious the way you lot tag anything you don't wanna hear as 'hate-speech'! It's about time someone told you a few home truths, and i suppose this is why you hate the likes of Mazi Kanu, Reno Omokri, Timi Frank, Femi Fani-Kayode, etc! They want to shake the table with you standing on it! wink

You accuse Peter Obi of being a bigot because he didn't speak up to condemn Mazi Kanu for his utterances which Quotasystem has declared is 'hate-speech'! Could it be that he trusted that if Mazi Kanu had any case to answer that the courts are there to handle it? In any case, from the time boko haram started their madness around 2011 till the day he was sworn in to office in 2015, care to point out where your god Buhari condemned their murderous activities and commented on the issue other than his comment that 'an attack on boko haram is an attack on the north'? When they pointed at him him to be their representative in talks, didn't he -to all intents and purposes- turn around and flee the scene as fast as his scrawny legs could carry him? Why don't you hold Peter Obi to the same standards in which you hold Buhari?

Any negative sentiments you see Ndigbo show towards Buhari are because we know his vile, vindictive and bigoted nature only too well! They are a only a response to the 'love' he's shown Ndigbo right from the late 60s to date! Buhari partook of the counter-coup in '66 when Igbo officers were slaughtered in cold blood (it's ok if you say their muder by Buhari and his band of murderers were justified b'cos of the Nzeogwu coup...i'll accept that's your position and move on); Buhari took part and/or benefitted from the coup that removed Shagari from office when Ekwueme was being lined up to pick the NPN presidential ticket for '87 elections (how convenient wink)....the Shagari/NPN regime hasn't committed even 10% of the blunders and wickedness Buhari has committed since 2015 yet he's still sitting tight in office; Buhari then went on to place Shagari (the head of the deposed gov't) under house arrest while placing Ekwueme in prison: Buhari has been an advocate for sharia throughout Nigeria; Buhari sent down his Fulani soldiers to murder protesting Igbo youth in cold blood....till today, no enquiry, no apology, nothing; Buharis' intolerance and dogs-and-baboons statement in 2011 led to the death of many promising Nigerian youth corpers, a significant number of whom were Igbo; Buhari made his 5%/97% speech early in his first term, saying those that gave him 5% votes shouldn't expect anything substantial from his gov't and he went ahead to make good on his threat shocked ; Buhari doesn't think any Igbo is good enough to head any of the military and paramiliatry institutions...they're all headed by core northern muslims, with just one or two southerners thrown in to fulfill all rightousness; etc-etc-etc! Now care to tell me how Igbos have shown hate to Buhari and when it started?

It's funny seeing you trying to launder Tinubus' image and dress him in a garb he doesn't merit! Dude, any idiot could govern Lagos and blag his way through two terms! Giving Lagos' position as the major industrial/commercial hub of the country, any incompetent governor would have enough funds to mask his incompetence! Given the states position in the country, its GDP was bound to grow organically! Lagos doesn't have much going for it besides this huge GDP of which you speak. It's yet to complete its intra-city railway; faces perenial flooding; has pot-hole ridden streets outside the affluent areas of VI, Lekki and Ikoyi; is rife with crime; is congested and highy polluted; lacks constant and adequate water supply; is filled with destitutes and the homeless; has its fair share of slums; etc. With all the billions of dollars the state has got since 1999 (a large percentage of which is in Tinubus' deep pockets) there's little on ground to show for it!

Lagos is all about Tinubu, his greed and desire to remain relevant and be calling the shots to protect his vast business interests! You say he finds good leaders abi? I presume Ambode is one of them? Care to tell me why he wasn't supported for a second term in office?

Igbos murdered Ahmadu Bello? That's news to me! Could have sworn it was Nzeogwu and his fellow coup plotters! I presume you're justifying Buharis' wickedness towards Ndigbo based on this...the murder of Ahmadu Bello, et-al?

That 'quit notice' was nothing more than bluffing....placing the cart before the horse! You expect Ndigbo to listen to an unofficial group of northern bigots and relocate back to the south-east when your federal gov't haven't said anything on the matter and even send their Fulani soldiers to murder Igbo youths agitating for a referendum on secession? You expect Ndigbo to vacate the north when said north is still benefitting from VAT and receipts from sale of oyel and gas from Igboland? Last time we left you hateful lot in 1967 what happened? Didn't you send your army chasing after us like Pharaoh did to the Israelites?

Dude, i'd sooner expect help from the devil before looking your way! All i and the likes of IPOB are pointing out is your hypocrisy, deceit and two-faced approach to 'one Nigeria'! If you put your money where your mouth is you'd know you don't sit on the fence when you're sharing the same country with a people you despise the way you despise the Igbo! You would jump off the fence and get to work to try and detach these people from you the same way IPOB have realised living with your ilk is untenable and are doing something about it! Nigeria is the only country where muslims with a wahabi/fundamentalist mindset are hellbent on sharing the same country with 'unbelievers'...a people they despise to the point of justifying murder! Have you no shame and self-pride?

I can tell you for free that Ndigbo don't hate Yoruba, Hausa or even the Fulani! We just feel sharing the same country with the Fulani with a status-quo nobody is in a hurry to change is detrimental to our good health and socio-economic prospects! From 1966 to date we have lost millions of our kith and kin simply by sharing the same country with the Fulani! You would see a different reaction from Ndigbo to 'one Nigeria' the moment we all revert back to the Nigeria our forefathers agreed upon on the eve of 1st Oct' 1960!
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Kpoikpoi: 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
dignity33:
I have read article about Tinubu aspiring for 2023 presidential contest though not sure if Peter Obi will contest but if presidential Election are to be held today and Apc present Tinubu/Erufia while PDP present OBI/kwakwanso who do you think will win ?
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Kpoikpoi: 11:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
First of all,Tinubu will never take El Rufai as his running mate,.
Secondly it is best for you to drop the idea of an Igbo president in Nigeria because as we all know,it will never ever happen.
Now to answer your question, I will vote for Tinubu because I don't want an Okoro president.
I sincerely hope that your question has been answered.
Oh,and I'm not a Yoruba man,I'm actually from Akwa Ibom State but I think we all trust other tribes more than Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by nzeobi(m): 1:45am On Dec 04, 2019
juman:
I would be better president than obi.
Igbo hates muslims.
Obi hates further, he hates christians that are not from his denomination.
He is religious fanatics.

Also his economic policy did not make sense.
He was not concern about growth, his emphasis was much only on savings.

oga how does he hate Muslims, all his ADCs as governors are northerners and mostly Muslims, the same thing as his commissioners of police
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Kpoikpoi: 1:52am On Dec 04, 2019
dignity33:
I have read article about Tinubu aspiring for 2023 presidential contest though not sure if Peter Obi will contest but if presidential Election are to be held today and Apc present Tinubu/Erufia while PDP present OBI/kwakwanso who do you think will win ?
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Kpoikpoi: 1:52am On Dec 04, 2019
What an insult, can you stop insulting Tinubu please.
Who is Peter Obi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apc Officially Zoned Presidency To South Ahead Of 2023 Let’s Talk / Jawdropping Pictures Of A Well Kitted SARS Officer / How HID Awolowo Placed A Curse On Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.