Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election (5240 Views)

Reno Omokri: Reject IPOB By Rejecting Peter Obi Who Put Biafran Flag On His Beer / Peter Obi Who Is Contesting Against Me Lives In Lagos - Tinubu (pic/vid / Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by ProWalker: 10:01am On Nov 03, 2019
nzeobi:

even in the last election we saw how he dusted osibanjo in his pooling booth, APC even had to rely on bullion van and oshodi thugs to win.

Lmao!!!! It’s really silly the way some of you people think.

Don’t worry, 2023 is almost here
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 03, 2019
RTSC:

You would be surprised.
Not everybody is a fool. Tinubu is not exactly a favourite in the north.

The arrogance and boundary issues of you Igbos never ceases to amaze me. You can speak for the North ba? This is why you lot always fall flat on your face after getting it wrong with your political thinking and analysis always heavily influenced with sentiments, emotion and the senseless hatred of other.

You and other Igbos may hate Tinubu but many Northerners will just see a loyal APC man who helped their hero PMB become President in Nigeria in 2015 and 2019 while you lot shouted that Buhari the Islamist will never rule Nigeria. You did your best to humiliate PMB and his region and all this Northerners witnessed. Yes indeed they will love Obi who is from the region that insult them non-stop to the extent Northern youths had to give Igbos three months to leave the North. Keep fooling yourself.

If Igbos have any sense or humility in them then many will realise this is not the time to aspire to the Presidency. It is the time to repair your badly damaged political stock in preparation for the future. Any Party that indulges an Igbo candidate has lost even before a single vote is cast and will be humiliated at the general elections. Pragmatic Nigerians know this and I can bet any money with any Nairalanders that Igbos will not get the Presidential ticket of the PDP or APC because neither Party is entertaining the thought of an Igbo Presidency in 2023.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Leaving aside who Buhari anoints as his successor for a moment...what do you think as an individual? Who do you think between the two of them is more fiscally prudent, not given to grandiose and obscene displays of power and wealth, and who would be less likely to use loopholes and opportunities in governance to enrich themselves and their cronies?

Your honest hand-on-heart answer.

Hogwash. Tinubu is a natural leader. Very intelligent, visionary and innovative. Most of you should actually go and read about his 8 year tenure as Lagos Governor instead of swallowing the lies PDP has somehow turned into truth for you ignorant lot because they have repeated those lies many, many times.

You wan't to talk about prudence? How did Lagos survive and even grow when the Vindictive OBJ withdrew the federal allocation accruing to the State for a long period of time? What obscene display of power are you talking of? You only hear or see Tinubu when he has to act. What display of wealth and self-enrichment? Is Obi not accused of using Anambra money for his private business i.e Sab Miller? Once again, Igbo hypocrisy on show.

Tinubu will transform Nigeria with his grand plans and strategy. Obi is at best a stilted accountant. Tinubu is the closest thing to Awolowo Nigeria has today. Whether Tinubu become President is not my call but I know, as someone who is focused on real and tangible things we have all seen, he will make a great President. Certainly the best we have had since 1999.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/111122/alleged-fraud-ex-lawmaker-sues-obi-others-over-n5bn-brewer.html

http://saharareporters.com/2009/06/06/anambra-citizens-petitions-efcc-over-peter-obis-stealing-state-funds

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by meccuno: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2019
as a politician Tinubu is way ahead of peter obi. but when it comes to qualification, you cannot compare a donkey to a horse. the are not mates. grin the person comparing the two is not smart. that was how some delinquents were comparing iweala to adeosun. how foolish can one be?? can you box God? grin
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by SarkinYarki: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2019
Amaso99:
Tinubu, when you compare the states they govern before, Tinubu again and again

Are you aware Lagos is the 3rd worst city to reside on Earth after Kabul and Damascus ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 03, 2019
meccuno:
as a politician Tinubu is way ahead of peter obi. but when it comes to qualification, you cannot compare a donkey to a horse. the are not mates. grin the person comparing the two is not smart. that was how some delinquents were comparing iweala to adeosun. how foolish can one be?? can you box God? grin

Typical Igbo man chest-beating based on nothing but ego and ignorance. Can you supply both mens qualification here and where they have worked and who they have led so the forum can judge your childish and clannish submission? Or is this going to be another case of Igbos bragging emptily and not being able to back talk with hard facts?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by nzeobi(m): 10:40am On Nov 03, 2019
Yinibixema:

No be only 45%. So yorubas go leave tinubu vote for Obi?
in the last presidential election we saw it despite the fact that osibanjo and tinubu are from the SW pdp still had a good showing in the SW even lagos had to rely on bullion vans and oshodi thugs,
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by nzeobi(m): 10:45am On Nov 03, 2019
Oshigun:

Hogwash. Tinubu is a natural leader. Very intelligent, visionary and innovative. Most of you should actually go and read about his 8 year tenure as Lagos Governor instead of swallowing the lies PDP has somehow turned into truth for you ignorant lot because they have repeated those lies many, many times.

You wan't to talk about prudence? How did Lagos survive and even grow when the Vindictive OBJ withdrew the federal allocation accruing to the State for a long period of time? What obscene display of power are you talking of? You only hear or see Tinubu when he has to act. What display of wealth and self-enrichment? Is Obi not accused of using Anambra money for his private business i.e Sab Miller? Once again, Igbo hypocrisy on show.

Tinubu will transform Nigeria with his grand plans and strategy. Obi is at best a stilted accountant. Tinubu is the closest thing to Awolowo Nigeria has today. Whether Tinubu become President is not my call but I know, as someone who is focused on real and tangible things we have all seen, he will make a great President. Certainly the best we have had since 1999.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/111122/alleged-fraud-ex-lawmaker-sues-obi-others-over-n5bn-brewer.html

http://saharareporters.com/2009/06/06/anambra-citizens-petitions-efcc-over-peter-obis-stealing-state-funds
you just said things that will make you happy, obasanjo did not withhold lagos states money , he only refused to approve LGA funds cos tinubu created LGAS himself which as at then was alien to the constitution and caused crises.
and as for investing state funds into family business, let me ask you is peter obi the owner of sabmiller ?
please watch a video of the candidates with kadaria ahmed so you will learn more.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 10:48am On Nov 03, 2019
nzeobi:

in the last presidential election we saw it despite the fact that osibanjo and tinubu are from the SW pdp still had a good showing in the SW even lagos had to rely on bullion vans and oshodi thugs,
You’re brain dead. South west voted for Pdp because of atiku especially Oyo State not because of obi. If you’re intelligent, you should know that yorubas won’t vote an Igbo man whether he’s the better candidate or not, so how do you plan to get 45% with peter obi who isn’t even popular in south west

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by nzeobi(m): 10:52am On Nov 03, 2019
Yinibixema:

You’re brain dead. South west voted for Pdp because of atiku especially Oyo State not because of obi. If you’re intelligent, you should know that yorubas won’t vote an Igbo man whether he’s the better candidate or not, so how do you plan to get 45% with peter obi who isn’t even popular in south west
the reason they voted atiku is the reason they will vote obi.
what he needs is to win oyo and ondo, and get good votes in lagos, ogun, osun, and ekiti.
get 75% in SS/SE and then target 50% in the north.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 10:57am On Nov 03, 2019
nzeobi:

what he needs is to win oyo and ondo, and get good votes in lagos, ogun, osun, and ekiti.
The problem with most of you is that you will never accept the truth. Oyo State most precisely and other south western states would never vote an Igbo man. Some people still have some love for atiku in south west. Most people don’t even know obi in south west

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by adekolaelect(m): 11:17am On Nov 03, 2019
RTSC:

Peter did more for anambra than tinubu did for Lagos when you compare them pound for Pound.

It is a no brainer. Obi all the way.

Has more integrity, has more character.
you can't say how good you are but people .you can't quote somebody's achievement without mentioning the strength of his human resources. Tell us who carry much followers politically between Tinubu and obi?
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by 0monnak0da: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2019
Which of the Obis?

Obi China?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by 0monnak0da: 11:37am On Nov 03, 2019
Amumaigwe:

Igbo business men, contributing massively to Lagos IGR, is the reason Lagos appears to be a progressive state.
I thought there were more of them in Anambra? Why don't they contribute there or in Abia or Enugun

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
nzeobi:

you just said things that will make you happy, obasanjo did not withhold lagos states money , he only refused to approve LGA funds cos tinubu created LGAS himself which as at then was alien to the constitution and caused crises.
and as for investing state funds into family business, let me ask you is peter obi the owner of sabmiller ?
please watch a video of the candidates with kadaria ahmed so you will learn more.

That weed you are smoking must be the Nnewi variant. Anyway you Igbos are fond of revising history and then embellishing it to suit whatever fraudulent point you are trying to make. OBJ withheld allocation to local Government councils and this forms part of FG allocation Lagos is entitled to. To understand it is wrong, lawless and illegal, note that the embarrased Yar Adua ordered the release of the local government funds for Lagos as soon as he could. You should stop all this shameless revisionism. It is not by force to hate others with lies. If you will hate a man let it be because he has done wrong. Not the way you Igbos hate Tinubu blindly and lie against him shamelessly.

https://www.nigerianmuse.com/important_documents/?u=Obasanjo_lawless_unconstitutional_over_LG_funds.htm

LG Funds: Obasanjo, a Lawless Leader, Says AD
By Sheriff Balogun, 03.03.2005

As the Federal Government continues to with hold allocation of Local Government Councils in Lagos State despite court ruling ordering the release the Alliance for Democracy (AD), has described President Olusegun Obasanjo as a lawless leader who does not respect the rule of law.

In a release signed by its National Publicity Secretary Prince Dayo Adeyeye, said president Olusegun Obasanjo has again stubbornly restated in his monthly media television chat to disobey the Supreme Court ruling ordering the release of the Lagos State local government Funds which he has illegally withheld for about a year now.

https://onlinenigeria.com/nm/templates/?a=10360

A few days after President Umar Musa Yar�Adua reportedly ordered the cancellation of the controversial sale of the Port Harcourt and Kaduna refineries, he has directed the Accountant-General of the Federation, Alhaji Ibrahim Dankwambo, to immediately release to Lagos State government its seized local government funds amounting to N10.8 billion.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo had ordered the withholding of almost N33 billion of the state�s local government funds over the creation of local government areas. Although the state later reverted to the original 20 local government areas, while converting the new ones to development areas, Obasanjo only ordered the release of a part of the money. He refused to obey the order of Supreme Court for the release of the funds.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2019
nzeobi:

You Igbos and self-delusion are 5 and 6 If it is a Yoruba Presidential candidate against Obi than I can assure you Obi will not even poll 20% of the vote in the Oyo and Ondo you mention let alone show face in the other States. This is how you Igbos delude yourselves to then set your people up for a fall and humiliation as you did in 2015 and 2019. I am on bended knees praying for PDP to someone have a mental collapse and hand their ticket to Obi. APC candidate won't even need to campaign.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
Yinibixema:

The problem with most of you is that you will never accept the truth. Oyo State most precisely and other south western states would never vote an Igbo man. Some people still have some love for atiku in south west. Most people don’t even know obi in south west

Simple !!!! Which Yorubas will vote Obi over a Yoruba candidate in Oyo? This is the Presidency we are talking of and not VP abeg.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Shawnnn01: 2:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
Analysis of a dead brain bigoted Igbo.

RTSC:

Peter did more for anambra than tinubu did for Lagos when you compare them pound for Pound.

It is a no brainer. Obi all the way.

Has more integrity, has more character.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
Oshigun:

Simple !!!! Which Yorubas will vote Obi over a Yoruba candidate in Oyo? This is the Presidency we are talking of and not VP abeg.
Don’t mind them. They expect yorubas to leave tinubu and vote obi because obi Na angel

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
nzeobi:

You are not a very good analyst at all. All your talk just display the hallmark of sentimental and emotional arguments Igbos prefer above rational thinking. Many Yorubas were disillusioned with Buhari's first term and wanted change of power. Will Buhari be running in 2023?

2019 voting was testimony to the political sophistication of the Yorubas. Many felt Buhari did not do well enough and I agree with them. Where we differ is that I felt he is best till 2023 and I am sure Atiku is worse and would open the floodgate to the mindless looting PDP are used to.

In 2023 it will be new players who have never been President so forget the SW voting healthily for Obi. Atiku and Obi benefitted from the underperformance of PMB in some section and the crippling recession PDP caused before they left that Buhari could not do much to reverse in the time frame many Nigerians hankered for.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by QuotaSystem: 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
IGBOSON1:

"Who do you think between the two of them is more fiscally prudent, not given to grandiose and obscene displays of power and wealth, and who would be less likely to use loopholes and opportunities in governance to enrich themselves and their cronies?" These are the criteria i listed, and asked you who between Tinubu and Obi would you say has exhibited these traits in leadership! Anyone would tell you that any leader that doesn't exhibit these traits is anything but exemplary, but Quotasystem thinks otherwise and avoided giving me a direct answer.

Instead you told me you have your own list of character traits of a good leader, and went on to list, ".....leadership acumen, antecedents of raising leaders, and alignment with my interests...." Mostly non-specific, broad-based and self-centred!

QuotaSystem:

Actually, both are non-starters as far as I am concerned. I've emphasized I'm more inclined towards an Osibanjo or Adeshina (if we're lucky enough).

To choose the lesser evil of the two however, which political logic dictates will be based on who's more likely to protect my interests; it will undoubtedly be Tinubu - the one that is not backed by a horde of zoo chanting, caustic tongued ipob apologists.

I must have been expecting too much of you to think you'd understand the context of my response. I had already stated that both Asiwaju and Obi were non starters as far as I was concerned. What criteria did IGBOSON1 think I was dissatisfied with? You didn't need to be a genius to figure out that my reservations for Asiwaju were based on the criteria you outlined.

I then went on to state that I'd pick Asiwaju a dozen times over if I had to because he beats Obi silly on other criteria which I consider important which include leadership acumen and not being backed a horde of antagonistic, zoo chanting, caustic tongued ipob members & apologists. There is nothing vague, broad-based or non specific about that.

IGBOSON1:
Basically, you're saying your self-interest is at variance with national-interest if you emphasis on 'my interests'! What are these 'interests' if you don't mind me asking?

In any community, or nation, where resources are scarce or opinions are conflicting, there are bound to be competing interests. In America it is pro-abortion/gun control vs anti-abortion/guncontrol. In Britain it could be pro-brexit vs anti-brexit. In France it is pro-immigration vs anti-immigration. In Nigeria it could be pro-federal character/regionalism/state police vs. anti-fed.character etc. You get the drift. Politics is ALL about interests. If your desires/interests do not tally with mine (e.g. focus on agriculture vs oil, investment in seeking hydrocarbons in the North and solid minerals development),how will I not seek a candidate that will champion my interests? How can that then be twisted to mean "self-centeredness"? I hope you're keeping up to speed.

IGBOSON1:
I don't know why you keep harping on about 'effeminate' whatever! All the he-men and macho-men Nigeria has had since 1960, where has it gotten us? I think it's laughable that one of your hallmarks of a good leader is that he should have a baritone voice and assert his manhood at any given opportunity....probably be swinging his dick at public functions while saying, 'hey, look everybody...i'm a man'! shocked It says a lot about you that you would pick a blundering and incoherent Buhari over a bold and assertive Peter Obi all because Peter Obi has a higher-pitched voice than Buhari! Nice to see where your priorities lay! wink

President Buhari is competent and coherent enough to strike new diplomatic relations, implement protectionist policies for national development e.g border closure, and continue to lead as the de-facto leader of the sub-continent. Don't kid yourself smiley. A leader must symbolize the authority he wields, especially as the commander-in-chief. We cannot have an effeminate character sounding like a pre-pubescent lady holding that forte. Not necessarily a priority but definitely a factor to consider. What is REALLY RICH is having a PDP/IPOB/Obi minion that wailed daily about PMB's "thin, skeleton" frame, come here and try to pontificate about the irrelevance of such features to performance. Hypocrisy anyone undecided?

IGBOSON1:
I think it's a bit rich....a Buhari minion having the gall to accuse Peter Obi of being a bigot! Pray, in what way has he exhibited this bigotry? Buharis' bigotry is as clear as day, and it's decades old since he started from the 60s to exhibit it! Everyone knows of his clannishness, nepotism and intense dislike of the Igbo so it's not something we need to go over again right here!

Peter Obi is a bigot and he knows it. Otherwise he would not have joined the conspiracy of silence & kept quiet as an influential Igbo leader such as Nnamdi Cownu polluted the airwaves with extreme, bigoted hate speech. He went on instead, to further associate himself with the bigotry-filled terrorist fugitive by calling for his release when finally arrested for his toxic activities by the security agencies. Your kin are even more clannish and harbor even more intense hatred for PMB which you have demonstrated severally, including wishing the old man dead repeatedly. Were you expecting roses in return? You fool no one with all that sanctimonious bull.shit.

IGBOSON1:
Are you unaware of the bullion vans seen going into Tinubus' residence on election day? Are you unaware of the unsavoury questions that followed him back from his sojurn in the US? Are you unaware of his bigoted and anti-Igbo statement and the actions of his thugs during the last set of elections in Lagos earlier this year? Are you unaware of the daylight robbery that passed for elections in Osun state? Are you unaware of how he's fleecing Lagos State though his Alpa-Beta coy? You talk of him 'raising leaders'? For this Naija wey you and me dey so? Just who are these sterling leaders he's raised? I'm dying to know!

While I'm not here to hold brief or defend Tinubu for the allegations you stated, it is a fact that Tinubu while Governor of Lagos State, was able to run the state without Federal Allocations due to his fallout with Ogunlewe the then Minister for Works & Housing. If that doesn't signify prudence what does? He then went on to raise successors like Fashola, Ambode & now Sanwo-Olu, who have continued the transformation of Lagos into the mega-city & mega-economy it is today. Compare the GDP of Lagos in 1999 to the present figures. Obi has accomplished no such feat. You cannot rewrite history my friend.

IGBOSON1:
Your problem is that you just don't like Igbos...and that's fair enough, as i equally don't like the Fulani (primarily b'cos of people like you and Buhari)! The difference between us though is that whereas i have realised the situation is untenable and believe we should end the abusive marriage and go our separate ways; you on the other hand still wants 'one Nigeria' yet are vehemently opposed to a Igbo becoming your president! You would always find a reason to justify your bigotry....if it's not that the Igbo candidate has a high-pitched voice, then it would be that he walks funny! smiley

Lol....and Ndigbo just looove Hausa/Fulanis right cheesy? That's why they murdered Ahmadu Bello in cold blood and celebrated it innit? That's Buhari's fault right? No wait it's mine abi? Nonsense.

My friend, Igbos were issued a quit notice to leave the North when Arewa had had enough of the endless insults and hate speech, but as expected your elders came begging to stay - this is documented fact, so stop deceiving yourself thinking anyone is hell bent on you staying in Nigeria. Let that sink in.

Now listen good.- The Difference that puzzles you, is that nobody is going to help you achieve your secession bid for you. Nobody is bending over backwards for an insultive, itinerant, hubris filled set of people who do nothing but constantly hate, oppose and malign them in every way and as much as possible. You deserve ZERO political favors from anyone - the least being the North. If you desire to leave you will struggle for your freedom on your own. You hate Yoruba. You hate Hausa. You hate Fulani. You do not want to build bridges or seek alliances, yet you want Northern + Western votes and support for Biafra/Igbo presidency. Are you okay? Good-luck with achieving that without the diplomacy you're all too conceited and hubris-choked to practice.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by nzeobi(m): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
Oshigun:

You are not a very good analyst at all. All your talk just display the hallmark of sentimental and emotional arguments Igbos prefer above rational thinking. Many Yorubas were disillusioned with Buhari's first term and wanted change of power. Will Buhari be running in 2023?

2019 voting was testimony to the political sophistication of the Yorubas. Many felt Buhari did not do well enough and I agree with them. Where we differ is that I felt he is best till 2023 and I am sure Atiku is worse and would open the floodgate to the mindless looting PDP are used to.

In 2023 it will be new players who have never been President so forget the SW voting healthily for Obi. Atiku and Obi benefitted from the underperformance of PMB in some section and the crippling recession PDP caused before they left that Buhari could not do much to reverse in the time frame many Nigerians hankered for.
I made my point but you wrote a long epistle talking of my tribe. When pdp had a fair outing in the SW was it not a SE VP against a SW VP?
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
Yinibixema:

Don’t mind them. They expect yorubas to leave tinubu and vote obi because obi Na angel

Bruv, leave them. Their eyes will clear in 2023. I am secretly hoping PDP suffer a moment of madness and give SE their ticket even as I know this is impossible and likely a Yoruba will have to slug it out with a PDP Northerner.

Igbos forget this is the almighty and all-powerful Presidency and not VP . They think because other Nigerians adjudge Yorubas sophisticated voters, we will then be foolish enough to sell out our own. Let it even be an unknown Yoruba shoemaker running and Obi would still get no change out of the SW in 2023. Sadly for the Igbos, the PDP know this as well and won't give their ticket to an Igbo man.

Right now, and perhaps for the next twelve years, no Igbo can win a presidential election in Nigeria unless the two major candidates field Igbos. Even then turnout will likely be the lowest, by far, in Nigeria's history. that is how much of damaged goods Igbos are politically today.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Shawnnn01: 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
Foolish Igbos do that why can't honest Nigerians do the same.

RTSC:

Pick a struggle.

Don't call us biafrans when you feel like, and call us Nigerians when it favours you.

I hope you are not depending on a biafran in anyway.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by QuotaSystem: 2:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
Baztardmods:

Thank you for schooling that guy, his problem is that he is a self centered tribalist, someone who would see white and call it black

Lol.

Obichina cannot be a President of this country. He cannot win enough votes to be a class monitor.

Pure fact. If you like call it grey.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2019
nzeobi:

I made my point but you wrote a long epistle talking of my tribe. When pdp had a fair outing in the SW was it not a SE VP against a SW VP?

Yes because your ethnic group consist of people who can only argue sentimentally and you are doing it again here. PDP outing in the SW had nothing to do with Obi. Yorubas, more than any other ethnic group in Nigeria, are impatient with under-performance. Many felt Buhari underperformed and were willing to give Atiku a chance. Whatever happens, Buhari will not be on the ballot in 2023. It will be two candidate who have never been President. With that scenario, Obi will perform terribly in the SW against any Yoruba APC settle on.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
Tinubu over and over again
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Yinibixema: 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
Oshigun:

Bruv, leave them. Their eyes will clear in 2023. I am secretly hoping PDP suffer a moment of madness and give SE their ticket even as I know this is impossible and likely a Yoruba will have to slug it out with a PDP Northerner.

Igbos forget this is the almighty and all-powerful Presidency and not VP . They think because other Nigerians adjudge Yorubas sophisticated voters, we will then be foolish enough to sell out our own. Let it even be an unknown Yoruba shoemaker running and Obi would still get no change out of the SW in 2023. Sadly for the Igbos, the PDP know this as well and won't give their ticket to an Igbo man.

Right now, and perhaps for the next twelve years, no Igbo can win a presidential election in Nigeria unless the two major candidates field Igbos. Even then turnout will likely be the lowest, by far, in Nigeria's history. that is how much of damaged goods Igbos are politically today.
Yea you got it right
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2019
QuotaSystem:

You hate Yoruba. You hate Hausa. You hate Fulani. You do not want to build bridges or seek alliances, yet you want Northern + Western votes and support for Biafra/Igbo presidency. Are you okay? Good-luck with achieving that without the diplomacy you're all too conceited and hubris-choked to practice.

Bro, this one is the koko of the matter. What I have found incredible is how they are now even making treats both PDP and APC must field an Igbo.
APC ke? Boko Haram, Islamist and terrorist Party is the one an Igbo now man want to run under just to become President?

Same Party they gave 5% to in two general elections and taunted not to campaign in the SE because "APC is dead in Ala Igbo"? Same Party they snubbed when asked to join the merger with only a handful of wise Igbo heeding the call Like Ogbonnaya Onu back then?

See why many claim IGBO means 'I go/gain before others'?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by meccuno: 2:44pm On Nov 03, 2019
Oshigun:

Typical Igbo man chest-beating based on nothing but ego and ignorance. Can you supply both mens qualification here and where they have worked and who they have led so the forum can judge your childish and clannish submission? Or is this going to be another case of Igbos bragging emptily and not being able to back talk with hard facts?
because tinubu is your leader does not mean that there are no people who are more educated than he is. and Yorubas always have this crappy metality that tey are the only ones that go to school is very ridiculous. there is no area in which you would call your people which an igbo man is not well represented. so if Peter Obi has a well robust cv compared to him is that a crime against humanity? we dont do hero worship keep that to your self and i still maintain my stand.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by meccuno: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
Oshigun:

because tinubu is your leader does not mean that there are no people who are more educated than he is. and Yorubas always have this crappy metality that tey are the only ones that go to school is very ridiculous. there is no area in which you would call your people which an igbo man is not well represented. so if Peter Obi has a well robust cv compared to him is that a crime against humanity? we dont do hero worship keep that to your self and i still maintain my stand. he is a man not a god
Re: Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
meccuno:
because tinubu is your leader does not mean that there are no people who are more educated than he is. and Yorubas always have this crappy metality that tey are the only ones that go to school is very ridiculous. there is no area in which you would call your people which an igbo man is not well represented. so if Peter Obi has a well robust cv compared to him is that a crime against humanity? we dont do hero worship keep that to your self and i still maintain my stand.

Your inferiority complex kicking in again. I challenged you because I know for sure you cannot prove your claim of Obi's academic or career superiority as I know both men's educational and professional background. Instead of you to rise up to the challenge and prove what you try to pass of as fact, you are prevaricating and bloviating emptily. Prove Obi is a genius who has worked for some of the top companies of the world or shut up. Did not get where I have in life dealing in speculation, half-truths and propaganda as folks like you enjoy doing to the be playing victim when busted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What A Man Saw At The Grave Of Late Chief Of Staff / I Q of Famous People / First Real Civilian Democratic President Of Nigeria (new School)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.