Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria (8459 Views)

Under Peter Obi Anambra among 7 States That Control 90% Transactions In Nigeria / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP / Meet 13 Families That Control The World, Number 5 will shock you. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by abumeinben(m): 9:02am On Nov 03, 2019
babasolution:
this family just they chop nigeria money quietly,building mansions in lebanon,the light as to be beamed on their activities,we cant have a foreign family controlling much of lagos wealth even if they were born in Nigeria

How?

They're Nigerians by birth. Have properties and investment in Nigeria. What are you saying.

Like you don't know MTN, Ericsson.....Al these major Telcos don't have a single property here in Nigeria.
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by eternityk: 9:06am On Nov 03, 2019
ANSMEDIA:

Afren I Eko-Atlantic-City acquired by Orjiakor owner of Salvic Petroleum, is now his head office, not too far from Nestoil tower at 42 Saka Tinubu St, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Hmm
So this is what u guys at anambra state media do
No wonder na all u ppl full internet
More revelations coming out
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by SocialJustice: 9:47am On Nov 03, 2019
babasolution:

this people are mostly evil,do you know the deals they had with abacha?,they helped abacha launder billions of dollars and they are still involved with such deals,just recently a lebanese was caught in eko atlantic with billions of dollars to launder,these guys are sabotaging us,its high time africans woke up
Mention the Lebanese that was caught with billions of dollars recently.

You better change your thought pattern from assumption to working with concise facts before you ruin your life with ignorance. When Abacha died, Chagoury returned $300m to Nigeria in exchange for amnesty. They have a conglomerate with more than 1000 staff. How many Nigerians does your father employ?

1 Like

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by NGpatriot: 11:07am On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
ANSMEDIA:

From your writeup it clearly showed you have low IQ, I believe Dangote is from Southwest He choosed Lagos instead of Ondo State, Lagos is former colony and save heaven for all tribes, that's main reason North are linking all thier major cities to Lagos, according to you Lagos belong to this and that and they couldn't save your sorry as.s during recession even now majority of your states ranked low in sustainability index, just know Lagos is for all, it's hard for you tribe's men to reclaim Kwara that other tribes have no interest except Fulani, talk more of Lagos Hausa/Fulani, Igbos, Edos, other Niger Delta tribes, Lebanese, Chinese, Indians etc are well rooted grin na die grin
[/s]

Clueless, still don't get the gist...

It doesn't matter what tribe the owner of any business in Lagos is, Dangote from the North or Emeka from anambra or even Andrew from the US, they generate money for the SW to develop the SW and in case of any separation, you can not lift any building or business from Lagos State to your village, they shall remain in the SW to keep generation money for the SW.

You are free to make yourself feel better by shouting Lagos is for all, but funds generated in Lagos State generated from you and Dangote goes to the SW, not to your village.

Now, wetin concern me with Kwara? The only people obsessed with Kwara are ibo people for obvious tribalism issues

1 Like

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I thought I was the only one that know the op to well.

I was wondering the intention behind this thread because I know op is a well known bigot.

So I wasn't surprised he had to revert to his usual tactics

Hence, @Op and his numerous accounts.

Notice how Labenese are not invading this thread to claim they own Lagos or how lagos is no man's land.

And shouting Labenese Kwanu all over the thread, while calling Yorubas lazy simply because they don't have time for small talk.

The man even preferred to referred to as a Nigerian business man.

That is how igbos should behave whenever any of them find themselves in a similar position and we will all be fine.

Every Lebanese you meet on business will proudly tell you I am a son of the soil. They will even tell you where they were born and their family history in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by googi: 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
babasolution:
if they will maintain their wealth in Nigeria they must pledge to never repatriate any of their income made in Nigeria to Lebanon.If not they will be destroyed.I promise to destroy any foreign control of wealth in Nigeria single handedly.That is my life mission and it must be fulfilled.

While you guys are at each other's throats over Lagos which will remain in the Southwest no matter how you slice and burn it.

My question is what are you doing or going to do about Nigerians that keep billions made in Nigeria OUTSIDE Nigeria with the help of foreign partners?

Sirs/Madams your answers will be appreciated regardless of your ethic bias.
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by TundeBricklayer: 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

It doesn't matter what tribe the owner of any business in Lagos is, Dangote from the North or Emeka from anambra or even Andrew from the US, they generate money for the SW to develop the SW and in case of any separation, you can not lift any building or business from Lagos State to your village, they shall remain in the SW to keep generation money for the SW.

You are free to make yourself feel better by shouting Lagos is for all, but funds generated in Lagos State generated from you and Dangote goes to the SW, not to your village.

Now, wetin concern me with Kwara? The only people obsessed with Kwara are ibo people for obvious tribalism issues
Check out Oyo, Ekiti and Osun on sustainability index

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by TundeBricklayer: 4:28pm On Nov 03, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Abia state in Southeast is the only state in the region outside top 15 check state in the West were are the taxes going in Southwest
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by NGpatriot: 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
TundeBricklayer:

Check out Oyo, Ekiti and Osun on sustainability index
[/s]

What's my business with this rubbish?

The topic is not the rubbish you are peddling. Start another topic to peddle and discuss your irrelevant topic.
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by NGpatriot: 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Abia state in Southeast is the only state in the region outside top 15 check state in the West were are the taxes going in Southwest

Does this irrelevant rubbish alter or change my assertions?
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Gazzy88(m): 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
Gerrard59:
There are many like them (Indians, Lebanese and Israelis). The Chinese are the new kids on the block.

-Vaswani Brothers
- Folks behind Olam Group. They have a huge presence in emerging markets compared to say Louis Drefyus or Bunge Inc. Olam was founded in Nigeria precisely Kaduna state.
- Tolaram Group (makers of Indomie)
- Stallion Group
- TGI Group which is partly owned by Indians and the other by Germans. Hitherto, they owned House of Chi, which is owned by The Coca-Cola Company.
- Agritech
- Zaratech
- Niyya Farms. Makers of Farm Pride yoghurt.
- Draju, makers of MYMY which African Capital Alliance invested. Owned by Indians.
- And many other companies I have no idea of.

If for anything, I applaud them for their tenacity, patience and focus on the long term. Another admirable feature is their reticence. Their children attend top schools in Nigeria for their elementary education. Grange Schools, BIS, Loyola Jesuit College, Atlantic Hall, Ambassadors College (owned by Seun Osewa's family) etc. One, a Pakistani, awarded my sister for her academic feat as he was the special guest of honour. Not surprising as his son attends the school. After studies here, they get shipped overseas and return to manage the family's business. Which brings forth another point: their succession plan is fantastic! As they aren't publicly quoted, they avoid undue publicity which provides them with the opportunity to plan long-term and structure the firm properly. Yet another point is that they invest in the real sector. Sector that the vast majority of Nigerians patronise. Although, Eko Atlantic City is a gigantic project for the wealthy, their construction services touch everyone. They aren't into tech (I stand to be corrected) when Internet is expensive and the vast majority of Nigerians are poor to patronise those services.

I recall a video where an investor into western FMCG companies was worried how come the population increase in Nigeria didn't correlate into sales by these firms. An experiment was conducted to know what Nigerians purchase and the result was that Nigerians are price sensitive and what they purchased were substitutes which were dirt cheap. Guess what? These products were produced by firms owned by the Indians, Lebanese, Chinese etc.

To know more about their activities, please read these books by McKinsey staff:

- Africa's business revolution: How to succeed in the next world's growth market.
- The next factory of the world. How Chinese investment is reshaping Africa.

To know how it affects us, read The Prosperity Paradox.
How do you know so much? Let's relate bro
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by mercyville: 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
grin
lol
ANSMEDIA and his co-mumu talking as if they will carry their houses or investments in Lagos on their heads to their village.
Whatever you have in Lagos is mostly for the benefit of Swesterners.Don't you have brains?Go and develop your village.Only Ibadan is more developed than your entire 5 villages you call Igboland but you will still kill yourselves on another person's land.Wetini!
If the Swesterners want,they can revoke all your properties. .LOBATAN. grin

Ask Massob and Ohaneze.

2 Likes

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by NGpatriot: 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2019
mercyville:
grin
lol
ANSMEDIA and his co-mumu talking as if they will carry their houses or investments in Lagos on their heads to their village.
Whatever you have in Lagos is mostly for the benefit of Swesterners.Don't you have brains?Go and develop your village.Only Ibadan is more developed than your entire 5 villages you call Igboland but you will still kill yourselves on another person's land.Wetini!
If the Swesterners want,they can revoke all your properties. .LOBATAN. grin

Ask Massob and Ohaneze.

This is why I laugh when they say Lagos is man's land or it it doesn't belong to the SW.

I can't wait to see then lift Lagos or any building out of the SW and take it with them to their Biafra village. grin

1 Like

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2019
Gazzy88:
How do you know so much? Let's relate bro

I developed my knowledge by just reading different articles especially those that have to do with the economy. All kinds of newspapers, name them. It's something that I've been doing for close to twenty years.

In summary, I'm a voracious reader.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by mercyville: 7:41pm On Nov 03, 2019
NGpatriot:

This is why I laugh when they say Lagos is man's land or it it doesn't belong to the SW.

I can wait to see then lift Lagos or any building out or the SW and take it with them to their Biafra village. grin

I tire o. grin
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Ikinternational: 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I thought I was the only one that know the op to well.

I was wondering the intention behind this thread because I know op is a well known bigot.

So I wasn't surprised he had to revert to his usual tactics

Hence, @Op and his numerous accounts.

Notice how Labenese are not invading this thread to claim they own Lagos or how lagos is no man's land.

And shouting Labenese Kwanu all over the thread, while calling Yorubas lazy simply because they don't have time for small talk.

The man even preferred to referred to as a Nigerian business man.

That is how igbos should behave whenever any of them find themselves in a similar position and we will all be fine.

What kind of nonsense point is this?
First of all, how many of Lebanese lineage post on nairaland?
Secondly, is the Lebanese a known tribe in Nigeria?
Thirdly, is there a history of acrimonious/distrust relationship between the yorubas n Lebanese?

Compare apples to apples please..

It's the igbos that need to correct their behavior but your own side is behaving correctly abi? Funny.....
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ikinternational:

What kind of nonsense point is this?
First of all, how many of Lebanese lineage post on nairaland?
Secondly, is the Lebanese a known tribe in Nigeria?
Thirdly, is there a history of acrimonious/distrust relationship between the yorubas n Lebanese?

Compare apples to apples please..

It's the igbos that need to correct their behavior but your own side is behaving correctly abi? Funny.....
You are coming to my house to tell me how to behave!

You have come to lagos to insult Yorubas and you believe the Yorubas should simply adjust to your boastful nature.

Have you ever seen an Hausa person claim lagos is no mans land because of Damgotes investment in lagos?

Have you come across a Lebanese insult the culture of Yorubas because they have investment in our land.

FYI, there are actually a lot of Lebanese in Yoruba land

in lagos, in Ibadan and Ogun state.

In addition, Mr apples to apples. it was the op and his numerous account that first compared the igbos to Lebanese not me
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Anambralstson: 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
Iamgrey5:

You have come to lagos to insult Yorubas and you believe the Yorubas should simply adjust to your boastful nature.

Have you ever seen an Hausa person claim lagos is no mans land because of Damgotes investment in lagos?

Have you come across a Lebanese insult the culture of Yorubas because they have investment in our land.

In addition, Mr apples to apples. it was the op and numerous account that first compared the igbos to Lebanese not me
[/s]
How about Northerners grin grin
Silly rant from January to December at the end nothing will happen, no be today yash dey back.

Lagos is gone for good, all you guys can do keep writing long epistle at the end nothing Northerners always killing your people in Lagos any slightest provocation but you guys are more concern over progressive Igbos out of envy, soon I'll be visiting Eko Atlantic city with my team for media consultation and fun, while you and your likes are languishing in mud enclave in Ibadan and busy typing your usual rubbish
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Anambralstson:
[s][/s]
Silly rant from January to December at the end nothing will happen, no be today yash dey back.

Lagos is gone for good, all you guys can do keep writing long epistle at the end nothing Northerners always killing your people in Lagos any slightest provocation but you guys are more concern over progressive Igbos out of envy, soon I'll be visiting Eko Atlantic city with my team for media consultation and fun, while you and your likes are languishing in mud enclave in Ibadan and busy typing your usual rubbish
Keep alternating between Monikers

You are obviously that jobless grin
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Yinibixema: 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
Anambralstson:
[s][/s]

Keep developing south west for us ipob till when is time
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by thundafire: 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
babasolution:

this people are mostly evil,do you know the deals they had with abacha?,they helped abacha launder billions of dollars and they are still involved with such deals,just recently a lebanese was caught in eko atlantic with billions of dollars to launder,these guys are sabotaging us,its high time africans woke up
just shut up where ur ancestral generation sleeping when he started the business in Nigeria,he is a full blown Nigerian,so making legit business and been a friend to Abacha na crime,then y should Dangote be friends with buhari government
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Ikinternational: 4:27am On Nov 04, 2019
Iamgrey5:

In addition, Mr apples to apples. it was the op and his numerous account that first compared the igbos to Lebanese not me

I stopped reading when you called Lagos your house..lol. Funny guy.

You people really believe igbos are immigrants in Lagos. (The yoruba mecca)

I guess you're also paying their rents n taxes? Plus free land allocation? They should be so grateful. Freaking hilarious
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by NGpatriot: 6:03am On Nov 04, 2019
Ikinternational:

I stopped reading when you called Lagos your house..lol. Funny guy.

You people really believe igbos are immigrants in Lagos. (The yoruba mecca)

I guess you're also paying their rents n taxes? Plus free land allocation? They should be so grateful. Freaking hilarious

Is there any reason why Hausa people, SS people, and even middle belt people don't say Lagos is no man's land or Lagos doesn't belong to Yoruba people even though the pay rent and taxes in Lagos just like ibo people?

It is because they are not delusional and definitely not mannerless and obnoxious irritants.

Btw, the point is, it doesn't matter what you own in Lagos, you pay taxes and dues in Lagos state to develop Lagos state and the SW, not your village. If you like, build 1000 story building in Lagos or open multi-billion factory, you still can not uproot it to move to your village, its for the development of Lagos state and the SW forever and ever, even the land is the property of the state government, not yours, certificate of occupancy is a lease and it expires and also is revocable.
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Ikinternational: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
NGpatriot:

Is there any reason why Hausa people, SS people, and even middle belt people don't say Lagos is no man's land or Lagos doesn't belong to Yoruba people even though the pay rent and taxes in Lagos just like ibo people?

It is because they are not delusional and definitely not mannerless and obnoxious irritants.

Btw, the point is, it doesn't matter what you own in Lagos, you pay taxes and dues in Lagos state to develop Lagos state and the SW, not your village. If you like, build 1000 story building in Lagos or open multi-billion factory, you still can not uproot it to move to your village, its for the development of Lagos state and the SW forever and ever, even the land is the property of the state government, not yours, certificate of occupancy is a lease and it expires and also is revocable.

Blah blah blah....you're pained guy. lol. Lagos is what it is for several reasons. None of it is because it's "yoruba land" But I'm okay with you pretending it's because of yoruba's magical sophistication.

If God came down from heaven and asked you why is Lagos LAGOS. You will answer him honestly, and it won't be none of this stuff you're pretending it to be online. I know it, but more importantly, YOU know it

Just imagine telling a tax paying citizen "you're hosting them" the nerve of some of you.

But these same people with this mentality will be the same ones to holla "I know my rights" when faced with injustice abroad...smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Tinubu Returns To Nigeria From UK Worse But... / We Made No Request To Buy Sniffer Dogs In 2023 Budget - NDLEA / Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.