Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) (30942 Views)

Access Bank Rewards Okpala Mark With Education Allowance For 5 Years / Bet9ja Refused To Pay 15 Million Won With Bonus All Evidence Available / Diamond Bank Rewards Alkali Adamu As Who Returned Money Wrongly Dispensed To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by aminulive: 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
First Bank of Nigeria Limited has expressed its commitment to driving financial inclusion across Nigeria. With currently over 37,000 Firstmonie Agents, present in 99% of the 774 Local Government Areas in Nigeria, the Bank is the leading financial institution at promoting financial inclusion in the country to all Nigerians, regardless of where they are.

Speaking during the Firstmonie Agent Banking national award ceremony, recently held in Lagos, the Chief Executive Officer, FirstBank, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan, said the Firstmonie agent network is a bespoke channel through which the Bank expresses its unalloyed commitment and passion to promote opportunities and access to financial services by every Nigerian, especially within the low-income segment. The Firstmonie Agent Banking awards had the Bank – FirstBank – reward 37 leading Agents that have promoted financial inclusion in the country. The sum of N250,000 was won at the State level by 31 Agents; N1,000,000.00 at the Regional level by 5 Agents with the grand prize being the sum of N2,500,000.00 at the National Level.

Adeduntan explained that with the initiative, the gap between the tech savvy and the low literacy clients has been breached as Firstmonie agent network represents the convenient and comfortable alternative for customers, that are unacquainted with sophisticated digital channels.

In his remarks, the Deputy Managing Director, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Mr. Francis Shobo, noted that the agents are the most critical part of the banking ecosystem because they take deposits, make payments and open accounts, provide transfers and sell airtime at locations with little or no access to financial services.

Shobo lauded the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr. Godwin Emefiele for the role the apex bank has played, stating that the CBN has made a lot of changes in regulation around agency banking, “they have allowed the programme to scale as much as it has scaled.”

In chat with newsmen after receiving the cash prize at the event, the N2.5 million grand prize winner at the national level from Abuja (North Central), Zayyanu Hassan Ishaq, expressed his amazement at his prize, one he noted he finds very encouraging and a miracle from God.

“I want to thank FirstBank for this gesture. It took me by surprise, because I never expected it from them. This is a miracle. “FirstBank is truly different. This will spur me to work harder and ensure more people have access to the top-class financial services offered by FirstBank” joy-filled Ishaq concluded.

https://politicsnigeria.com/first-bank-rewards-top-performing-agents-with-over-15-million-naira-in-maiden-firstmonie-agents-awards/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by aminulive: 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
L-R: Sam Egube, Commissioner of Economic Planning and Budget, Lagos State (representing the Governor, Lagos); Chuma Ezirim, Group Executive, e-Business & Retail products,FirstBank; Gbenga Shobo, Deputy Managing Director, FirstBank; Adesola Adeduntan, Chief Executive Officer, FirstBank; Chief Joseph Sanusi, Former MD, FirstBank & Former CBN Governor; with the National Winner of the 2019 Firstmonie Agent Awards, Zayyanu Hassan Ishaq from Abuja - North Central - (3rd right) at the Firstmonie Agent Awards held in Lagos last Friday which had 37 leading agents of the Bank rewarded for their role at promoting financial inclusion in the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Antoeni(m): 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2019
How does that affect the closure of Nigeria's border?
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2019
I want to thank FirstBank for this gesture. It took me by surprise, because I never expected it from them. This is a miracle. “FirstBank is truly different. This will spur me to work harder and ensure more people have access to the top-class financial services offered by FirstBank” joy-filled Ishaq concluded.
This sum it all up!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
I hope they will not bring arrangee winners like other Nigerian banks... cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
Lovely

1 Like

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by rawpadgin(m): 6:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
Fvcking moronic bank!

My account with first bank has been my salary account since 2013, my annual salary is more than a million naira yet these chumps refused to loan a meagre 500k when i needed it to add to what i have for a life changing opportunity cry cry cry

9 Likes

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Kingzeez10: 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
shocked
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by jurgyvideos: 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Sunnycliff(m): 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nice one....retail banking is a step forward in cashless policy but the unnecessary bank charges should be cut down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by aspabay(m): 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
Antoeni:
How does that affect the closure of Nigeria's border?

You have been noticed, now get back to your hole.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by BIGPREEQ: 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2019
No bank in Nigeria

I repeat No Bank!!! Beats first bank when it comes to the banking sector

The first and the best!!

Go and argue with your keypad

My area alone has my than 5-7 first monie agent.

I have never experienced Any form of Funds issue
The lllegal deduction is almost zero in first bank

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Harlem2(m): 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nice one
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by officialfestus(m): 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2019
Audio
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by TalkYourOwn(m): 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2019
post=83687874:

This sum it all up!
how many people are on your payroll
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Jh0wsef(m): 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ok
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by pazob: 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2019
Good motivation to other agents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Mymehn: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2019
Just yesterday I nearly cried my intestine out with this useless first monie POS. After d woman said I'll not be charged after withdrawal First bank still deducted #100 from my bank. Since then I vowed to flee from any village people that try to hypnotise me from using their POS. Barawo useless bank

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Freemanbobble: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2019
Okay
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Yoighaman(m): 6:45pm On Nov 02, 2019
Rubbish, the CBN is there deceiving people, you implement stamp duty charge of N50 for POS transactions thereby driving people away from agents, yet you are shouting financial inclusion. Someone should borrow sense at the CBN. The policy is anti- masses and agents should be excluded, very simple logic. If the government desperately needs money for whatever motive they have, the masses shouldn't be the ones paying for it.

9 Likes

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Mymehn: 6:46pm On Nov 02, 2019
I repeat if u know u are trying to withdraw your last card, before u go and look for rope, don't go to first monie agent for POS transaction. Other's charge less. Thief First Bank

1 Like

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by bareal(m): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2019
Just shouting financial inclusion and reaping the masses off.... Very anti-people!
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
Yoighaman:
Rubbish, the CBN is there deceiving people, you implement stamp duty charge of N50 for POS transactions thereby driving people away from agents, yet you are shouting financial inclusion. Someone should borrow sense at the CBN. The policy is anti- masses and agents should be excluded, very simple logic. If the government desperately needs money for whatever motive they have, the masses shouldn't be the ones paying for it.

You hit the nail on the head.
With our ridiculous bank charges, we are not ready for any cashless policy. At all.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:53pm On Nov 02, 2019
That's good.
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by WonderManly(m): 6:53pm On Nov 02, 2019
Please! Where is my own now? Still waiting for my own reward...
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by labykago: 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
BIGPREEQ:
No bank in Nigeria

I repeat No Bank!!! Beats first bank when it comes to the banking sector

The first and the best!!

Go and argue with your keypad

My area alone has my than 5-7 first monie agent.

I have never experienced Any form of Funds issue
The lllegal deduction is almost zero in first bank
The illegal deduction....? You lie shocked undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by gurujoe(m): 7:13pm On Nov 02, 2019
Anybody that want to venture into agency banking should avoid first bank & their firstmonie.
1)Their charges is highest I have seen even first bank to first bank transfer comes with high charges.
2) Their network is nothing to write home about
3) Firstmonie don't have customer care line Incase of urgent need
4) Their charge back is the latest yahoo yahoo I have seen in the banking sector

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by nakaman: 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
I still prefer zenith bank to them. They should start putting seats in their branches.
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by LolaO(f): 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nice...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by fr3do(m): 7:20pm On Nov 02, 2019
Very cheap, just 15m total Nationwide
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by MrImole: 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nonsense par excellence!
Re: First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
TalkYourOwn:
how many people are on your payroll
Do you have what it takes?
We need 3 dedicated people more.
You earn your money in foreign currency.
All we need is dedication,
cos we pay you more than what bankers earn.
Apart from our delicious Barbecue business,
We make money online,
working for the Top companies all over the world from the comfort of wherever you are.
#DEDICATION!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Countries Worst Hit By Currency Devaluation / The New Form Of Advertising In Nigeria (Photo) / Inside Edo Production Centre In Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.