Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian (34118 Views)

Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour / Talisman To Win Lottery, Gambling, Betting, Football Pools And Lotto / Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by ednut1(m): 7:59am On Nov 03, 2019
Wigetsolar:
It is never good.
ok

4 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by nonyofor2(m): 8:03am On Nov 03, 2019
The only bad thing there is that when u win 2day greed will set in, next thing all the money u won goes back to betnaija ppl. Whether u are a Christian or Moslem e no dey select

3 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Wigetsolar: 8:05am On Nov 03, 2019
ednut1:
ok

Cut Slip. The first match played 1-1 (not up to over 2.5)
Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Homeboiy: 8:05am On Nov 03, 2019
Bit if I give the money to church it will be good as a Christian right?

2 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by soyemi(m): 8:05am On Nov 03, 2019
Goalnaldo:
Nice article but I have a question. Those people who casted lot for the clothes of Jesus Christ, is it not for quick gains?

I love this.
Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by cheavroi(m): 8:06am On Nov 03, 2019
Addicted to gambling? I came across this article which can help you https://www.bettingwins24.com/blog/gambling-addiction-the-what-why-and-how-to-stop-it/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by ednut1(m): 8:07am On Nov 03, 2019
Wigetsolar:

Cut Slip. The first match played 1-1 (not up to over 2.5)
OR over 2 5

2 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 03, 2019
TundeKorede:
Written by Tunde Korede
Although, there is nowhere where it is written that; “thou shall not gamble.”

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/six-reasons-why-gambling-betting-is-not-good-for-you/
End of discussion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by bluefilm: 8:08am On Nov 03, 2019
TundeKorede:

• It Encourages Quick Money Making Syndrome

Proverbs 28:20
[20]A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that MAKETH HASTE TO BE RICH SHALL NOT BE INNOCENT.

Here, what the verse means is this; whoever is hasty to get wealth is not innocent/sinless. In other words, making money in a very quick and easy way is sinful.

No wonder our generation is driven by money. Many of our youths are engrossed with the thought of becoming like Dangote/Otedola or Trump in one day.

Dear friend, if you really want to make good money.

Sustainable wealth is not made by betting. No matter what you think, you can build an enduring and sustainable wealth through gambling.

Nonsense reasoning.

So Mr. Tunde, you want to tell me that if you are given a LEGIT and quick way of making money, you will not take it abi?

This is one of the reasons why so many people will remain poor because of how they reason.

Abeg, who get two sure odds for me today.

Leicester City is looking like a formidable team these days.

5 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Kenneth10110(m): 8:09am On Nov 03, 2019
If dem do yahoo una go complain now those playing bets in a bid to survive this Nigeria you dey quote bible for them as if your own means of income no involve sin. Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by soyemi(m): 8:09am On Nov 03, 2019
Nice write up. You just showed me that it is in the bible to cast lot. Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Mariangeles(f): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2019
Goalnaldo:
Nice article but I have a question. Those people who casted lot for the clothes of Jesus Christ, is it not for quick gains?
Yes, it was for quick gains.
Were they His disciples ? undecided
What's your point Mr discreditor ?
Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 03, 2019
3rdavefarms:
Park well and man , even God said Money answereth everything

I always report people on here for posting bet predictions simply because they will first ask for money and likely means they want to rip off unsuspecting people, by asking money first

Ephesians 4:11, NLT: "Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.

And for them who can predict and see the future
guy I needed money to promote my songs but I have been trying to win since last year I couldn't win plz can you help me to win
090 5712 7874

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:13am On Nov 03, 2019
Your points are well noted but not well written....Dont knw what you intend to portray but is it directed to the Christians alone?
I was looking for where you will state or mention where gambling is written in the bible but none I guess.....is casting lot the same as gambling or betting as you may say?
take note that no where in the bible is gambling mentioned.
I am a Catholic and according to the Catholic encyclopedia, gambling is allowed as long as neither of both persons involve i.e the staker and the betting company does not predetermine or know the outcome of the bet.
Back to your main point, on a personal note, betting has never made me lazy or greedy....i bet responsively. From sept 2, 2011 i started online betting with nairabet and now sportybet, i have achieved alot....my losing streak is just 3%....
am an entrepreneur, the funds i used in establishing my business, building a house in Portharcourt and establishing most family and friends comes from winnings in betting....my dear, God can bless one in anyway he chooses....Though God is not evil but if you say betting is evil, he can allow a little evil to take place for a greater Good!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by adexbols: 8:13am On Nov 03, 2019
@OP

So is Forex Trading also gambling. Kindly answer with an explanation.

3 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Acehart: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2019
3rdavefarms:
Park well and man , even God said Money answereth everything

That verse - money answers all things, is a negative verse. It was used to describe the actions of the foolish king who in contrast with wise king who uses wisdom to answer all things.
Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Last season... I won half a million...

This season.. I know I'm on track

No church or pastor will give me money

God works in mysterious ways

BTW... I do it for fun..
bro help me to win even it's 20k abeg
090 5712 7874
Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by spiritedtete: 8:15am On Nov 03, 2019
This Topic reeks hypocrisy! Life itself is a gamble...

No pain no gain...

What is gambling??

And what is taking risk?

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Airtimex(m): 8:17am On Nov 03, 2019
jcross19:
what about visa lottery? even roman Catholic are playing raffle draw in the church! the issue of gambling and drinking of alcoholic wine is "addiction" which can ruin many homes and lives ! lottery have saved some families likewise damage more families!. it depend how you want it to rule your life. mind you God knows how He works His things out to bless His own.

Thanks for quoting everything cry

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Mires: 8:19am On Nov 03, 2019
One who owns a betting shop, is he a gambler provided he's not betting?
Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:19am On Nov 03, 2019
Op.
You are o your own oooooo if you want me to add you to my whatsup winning group. Pm. Me

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:21am On Nov 03, 2019
Hunmm I get
bluefilm:

Nonsense reasoning.

So Mr. Tunde, you want to tell me that if you are given a LEGIT and quick way of making money, you will not take it abi?

This is one of the reasons why so many people will remain poor because of how they reason.

Abeg, who get two sure odds for me today.

Leicester City is looking like a formidable team these days.
Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by bluefilm: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2019
ednut1:
OR over 2 5

That guy na learner. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Kaycee54321(m): 8:24am On Nov 03, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Humulity: 8:24am On Nov 03, 2019
Goalnaldo:
The Mod answered this already.
It was to take a decision who takes that cloth not who gets a bigger or smaller size.
Remember they have already shared one eqaully, but this second cloth could not be shared so lot was cast to decide who take it.
Bretheren seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness and EVERY OTHER THING INCLUDING WEALTH shall be added unto you.
The blessing of the Lord MAKETH RICH and added NO SORROW to it.
It's your life and decision, but we shall all give account.
Happy Sunday.
Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Mires: 8:24am On Nov 03, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
Your points are well noted but not well written....Dont knw what you intend to portray but is it directed to the Christians alone?
I was looking for where you will state or mention where gambling is written in the bible but none I guess.....is casting lot the same as gamnling or betting as you may say?
no where in the bible is gambling mentioned.
I am a Catholic and according to the Catholic encyclopedia, gambling is allowed as long as neither of both persons involve i.e the staker and the betting company does not predetermine or know the outcome of the bet.
Back to your main point, on a personal note, betting has never made me lazy or greedy....i bet responsively. From sept 2, 2011 i started online betting with nairabet and now sportybet, i have achieved alot....my losing streak is just 3%....
am an entrepreneur, the funds i used in establishing my business, building a house in Portharcourt and establishing most family and friends comes from winnings in betting....my dear, God can bless one in anyway he chooses....Though God is not evil but if you say betting is evil, he can allow a little evil to take place for a greater Good!

Really?

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Mires: 8:25am On Nov 03, 2019
One who owns a betting shop, is he a gambler provided he's not betting?
Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2019
softwerk:
Everton Tottenham GGOv2.5
Rangers Hearts Ov2.5
Thank me later OP grin

Nostradamus:
how many odds?

grin grin grin

craze people full this NL, abeg grin

2 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by Philak1(m): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2019
softwerk:
Everton Tottenham GGOv2.5

Rangers Hearts Ov2.5

Thank me later OP grin

2 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by TemmyT002(m): 8:29am On Nov 03, 2019
Thanks for this o
I have never gambled before and just when I am considering it, this came up.
People who gamble cannot be trusted. Some people actually rob other people when they can't find money to gamble.
They keep hoping they will get lucky.
They borrow a lot of money that they can't pay back
They slide into depression when they don't make money from gambling.

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by TemmyT002(m): 8:30am On Nov 03, 2019
Kaycee54321:
If God hated gambling, he wouldn't make millions of sperm cells race randomly to fertilize an egg for a baby to form.

We gamble because we are all products of a green ticket undecided

I am trying to find the sense in this.
Very hard.

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian by TemmyT002(m): 8:31am On Nov 03, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
I was looking for where you will state or mention where gambling is written in the bible but none I guess.....is casting lot the same as gamnling or betting as you may say?
no where in the bible is gambling mentioned.

Sighs
People will always find an excuse or justification for their weird actions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members / Daddy Freeze: If An Engaged Couple Have Sex, It Is Not FORNICATION! / 100 Keys On How To Remain Poor By Dr. DK Olukoya – Written Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.