Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January (51171 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Promises To Open Borders If Elected. / Bless Nigeria No NWO Open Borders / Meet The Poor People Paid N5000 Every Month By Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by omonighoblessing(f): 11:40am On Nov 03, 2019
grin
charcoal:
They should not open it , until Ghana call us their senior bro...
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Introvertedmarc: 11:40am On Nov 03, 2019
So didn't we all survive during the period?...

We can always survive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Iamgrey5(m): 11:40am On Nov 03, 2019
I don't support opening the border in January as majority of the gains would simply be reversed.

I understand the government is preparing for the usual smuggling that goes on in the border which usually leads to fuel scarcity around that period.

However, we need to have a sustainable development in the agricultural industry.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by FbcGrafix(m): 11:43am On Nov 03, 2019
Do you need a professional logo?... Dm me on whatsapp. Check my designs and my number in the link in my signature. You will be amazed

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Pearlyakin(m): 11:43am On Nov 03, 2019
angelEmade:
lol at last!
itx ftc girl again!
all nairaland men should check my signature ooo else i will come han beat you inyour room
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by lati616: 11:43am On Nov 03, 2019
What of the Christians that will not be able to afford to buy rice this Christmas

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by muzically(m): 11:43am On Nov 03, 2019
Buhari is not happy that we are suffering in Nigeria, he decided to extend the suffering to the whole West Africa. What have we achieved with the closing the border so far?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Enemyofpeace: 11:44am On Nov 03, 2019
Who fokn cares? If you like close it till you leave office, na your headache not mine, as long as my dominique is happy, i don't give a fok
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by PHIPEX(m): 11:44am On Nov 03, 2019
What have we achieved by the closure except suffering for the masses. An unnecessary and irrational decision.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by daleehat: 11:44am On Nov 03, 2019
Very Good gesture... We are talking about our safety here both on health wise and Security wise let's secure our Country first. ignore the backlash everyone should bother about himself
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by chikeze(m): 11:45am On Nov 03, 2019
Noel1:
Does it mean Nigeria has achieved her objective of becoming self sufficient in rice production so soon? undecided

I don't get it...

What was d main objective?
What has Nigeria achieved?
What next?

Increased revenue. cool
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by KushLyon(m): 11:45am On Nov 03, 2019
just dey watch as foreign rice wan take flood Nigeria market as soon as that border open..... We will be back to square one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by MrVegina(m): 11:47am On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
helinues:
The headlines should be FG extends the closure of the Border..

Jan 31 2020 is still like 3 months away
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by kenx1(m): 11:49am On Nov 03, 2019
Una Don tire...... Let d importation of rice begin grin
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 03, 2019
Ajiswaggs:
That's too long ooo angry angry angry angry angry

too short if you ask me, it should remain closed for the entire duration of his tenure

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by donaldde2: 11:51am On Nov 03, 2019
Which lesson are you talking about?

I also hope Europe and America countries can also band all dis ur useless leader not come to their countries for hospital treatment and stop them for sending their children to their countries for schooling.

Las las u brain go plum.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Nwadiuto247: 11:53am On Nov 03, 2019
Carmit:
Ghanaians can finally heave a sigh of relief grin

The negative impact will make Nigerians to put on their thinking cap to go more into production than importation.

The pain we are experiencing now is part of the ingredient needed to achieve this so be calm.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by BlackBuhari: 11:54am On Nov 03, 2019
Nice one .
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by futurerex: 11:55am On Nov 03, 2019
Opinion: Is this not targeted against Christians Why closing border after sallah only to reopen in January after Christmas

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Acme45: 11:56am On Nov 03, 2019
Tonysmith4sure:
Why nah..... They should leave it joor
am very sure you're still been spoofed
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Nwadiuto247: 11:58am On Nov 03, 2019
lati616:
What of the Christians that will not be able to afford to buy rice this Christmas

Oga forget rice o.

Just eat yam, garri and the various Naija food pls
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by adexpa(m): 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
id911:
You close borders but you continue to pay customs their salaries and the CG Of Customs, whose duty is to check smuggling along the borders, has not been sack. Why not disband the Nigerian Customs Service since they have failed in their duties to police the borders and close the borders indefinitely? Using archaic method to solve contemporary problems can't solve anything but will rather aggravate it.
Very useless Government

Of what reasons do we have customs at the entrance if they can not checkmate incoming good by allowing the goods permitted by law and restrict the ones restricted by law. Closing border shows we do not have officials whose duty is to protect the border. We should render customs useless and device another means of checkmating our borders.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by gaza1234: 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
Just to make Christmas unbearable for us....religion bigotry everywhere
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Xisnin(m): 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2019
Noel1:
Does it mean Nigeria has achieved her objective of becoming self sufficient in rice production so soon? undecided

I don't get it...

What was d main objective?
What has Nigeria achieved?
What next?
The border closure has nothing to do with rice smuggling.
The government needed a quick money generating scheme and that was why the border was closed.
Rice was just collateral damage.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Truthbites: 12:04pm On Nov 03, 2019
Better
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by tiziano(m): 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
Why wait until January?
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Acme45: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
Nwadiuto247:

Oga forget rice o.

Just eat yam, garri and the various Naija food pls
you're very correct,that is what I just discussed with my wife before I saw your post

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Omoslim26: 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
RichDad1:
Hope the useless neighbors have learnt their lessons.

see let's tell ourselves the truth no be only our neighbors e affect
it affected any business man dats does business across borders of our supposed useless neighbors according to you
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Nickisindigo(m): 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
angelEmade:
lol at last!
itx ftc girl again!
all nairaland men should check my signature ooo else i will come han beat you inyour room
lol so how are we celebrating it
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by noisy45(m): 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
Now Ghana will be happy specially pathetic GUTA grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Kids Kneel Down, Beg Grandpas Tinubu & Atiku To Step Down For Peter Obi / House Of Reps Speaker, Tajudeen Yusuf Visits Buhari In London / Boko Haram Hoists Flag In Kaure, Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.