Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January (51185 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Promises To Open Borders If Elected. / Bless Nigeria No NWO Open Borders / Meet The Poor People Paid N5000 Every Month By Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Swanzi(m): 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
noisy45:
Now Ghana will be happy specially pathetic GUTA grin grin

You meant after chewing stones belle full ..
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by mu2sa2: 1:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
Tareq1105:

Don't bring religion into this please. Did Bible say Christians should engage in smuggling?

The Bible says Isaac sowed in the land (our own land is Nigeria) and he reaped bountifully.

Bible did not say Isaac imported or smuggle in the land.

I stand with Buhari on this.
I have always said they're Christians and they're just church goers: the latter know next to nothing about the teachings of christianity. Bros, you belong in the former group, but you guys constitute the minority in the midst of hypocrites.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by GOOOGLE504(m): 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
Noel1:
Does it mean Nigeria has achieved her objective of becoming self sufficient in rice production so soon? undecided

I don't get it...

What was d main objective?
What has Nigeria achieved?
What next?

how come you don't still see it
1) Political Strategy
2) Ploy to make all xtians chop EBA for Xmas

whatever the reason sha, it was never for the benefit of d masses.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by VicM6: 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2019
angelEmade:
lol at last!
itx ftc girl again!
all nairaland men should check my signature ooo else i will come han beat you inyour room
....please i am not jobless
ftc girl is a music promoter. i can get you ten thousand downloads for only 7k
ten thousand downloads for 7k. lets talk business ok.
whatsapp me at 0-7-0-1-8-8-9-two-seven-one-seven.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by AuroraB(f): 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2019
Items that have gone up due to the closure won't come down to its normal price anymore. All you guys that got us here, una doooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by MUMUdom: 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2019
Shut up and listen to good counsel. Bla bla bla Ghanaian officials have cried over the border closure, so what? Didn’t nigerians cry and beg when Ghana closed shops belonging to nigerian traders in Ghana recently. Didn’t your president send a delegation to Ghana to beg for the shops to be opened? What is the difference between what Ghanaian officials are doing now add what nigerian officials did?

maynation:

I beg to disagree. Nigerians have been wailing since time immemorial, it has nothing to do with the border closure. We have witnessed worse level of inflation in the past and here we are still doing fine. So don't judge with what some random folks say because there is never a time complaints ever stopped. Even why we Nigerians are adorning Trump with appraisals and commendations, some Americans are wishing he dies and disappears. So you can never satisfy everyone, but Oga do you know the number of ghanians' officials that have lamented and cried blue murder over this border closure?
Even their president isn't excluded, this shows how much negative effect it has inflicted on their economy.
Believe it or not, Nigeria will benefit a whole lot for closing her border.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by elijahozzy(m): 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2019
cucumbae:
Has the border closure brought investors into the country? Has it make any positive impact in the Lives of Nigerians? Buhari brought his economic crisis in 1984 as a military dictator to a demoncratic rule.Nothing has change.

True but our vice president signed a deal with vietnam do start building company in Nigeria, instead of vietnam shipping into Nigeria, if am wrong OP prove me wrong because na you post the news for Nairaland, Vietnam rice is one of the best in the world
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by mu2sa2: 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
KushLyon:
just dey watch as foreign rice wan take flood Nigeria market as soon as that border open..... We will be back to square one
And fg will close the border again for good or untill you hypocrites all check out of "our dear native land" - good riddance to bad rubbish. God continue to bless the federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by AlphaStyles(m): 1:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
maynation:

I beg to disagree. Nigerians have been wailing since time immemorial, it has nothing to do with the border closure. We have witnessed worse level of inflation in the past and here we are still doing fine. So don't judge with what some random folks say because there is never a time complaints ever stopped. Even why we Nigerians are adorning Trump with appraisals and commendations, some Americans are wishing he dies and disappears. So you can never satisfy everyone, but Oga do you know the number of ghanians' officials that have lamented and cried blue murder over this border closure?
Even their president isn't excluded, this shows how much negative effect it has inflicted on their economy.
Believe it or not, Nigeria will benefit a whole lot for closing her border.
I beg to differ even Donald Trump that is a hard core president wouldn't dare close border for trading because of the consequences of it on the economy, jobs and his political aspirantions what he does is monitor it and seek for a better deal both Ghanaian and Nigerians cry because they are feeling the impact u don't judge because of some random folks those random folks are the once doing the trading and investment and u buy for them anything that affects them affects you because if the market isn't favourable for them it won't be favourable for you am a trump guy but sometimes his economic decisions have consequences for the US economy
And talking about inflation before
Compare our population back then to now

Increased population+increased manpower+good working conditions= better sufficiency

But we Don't have good conditions
Enough man power in the Agriculture sector
Better importation and trade policy

And u close border and u are expecting good results

Keep dreaming
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Enemyofpeace: 1:07pm On Nov 03, 2019
herakles:

so you know that Dominique is a married woman? better watch yourself or you go wound o!
abeg comot jo, you just dey jealous us
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by AdeniyiA(m): 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2019
id911:
You close borders but you continue to pay custom their salaries and the CG Of Custom, whose duty is to check smuggling along the borders, has not been sack. Why not disband the Nigerian Custom Service since they have failed in their duties to police the borders and close the borders indefinitely? Using archaic method to solve contemporary problems can't solve anything but will rather aggravate it.
Very useless Government
Very very useless!
Meanwhile activities continue non stop at northern borders
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Lewisalexander(m): 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ipodisacriminal:

Believe me good rice is important

You want to close border and not facilities to preserve your own rice

You must be suffering from diseases foolish

government

The dollad will not eat our local rice
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by ajl: 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
All these people supporting it are only being hypochritical as if we Nigerians are not experiencing the negative impact from the shut down.

What negative impacts? Because you cannot produce your own food or your life is dependent on things that you as a people can create but have refused to do so. Or you are involved in one form of smuggling and a business around it. The ports are still working.

Imagine, ordinary Ghana export sub-standard mango juice and other products into Nigeria which their own minister admit in an online tv program that such products cannot be accepted in China or any Asian country not to talk of the Europe.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by maynation(f): 1:11pm On Nov 03, 2019
AlphaStyles:
China that closed down it borders is still the same China that imports and exports too

It's the same China that preaches against protectism it's the same China that goes to other countries to do business and let foreign companies do it business

And talking about China can u compare their development with that of NIGERIA?

They use what they have to available to grow do u think that they wont have enough and close down importation? Have u had about the belt road China is building? If they weren't into importation why build it? My friend go and do more research about China before u talk rubbish online and mention China on every border closure post on Nairaland

Do you know since when china has closed her border?

You can't compare the current China's development to Nigeria's and it's an insult to talk about this. Let's the comparison be between the China before the border was closed and the now Nigeria. China noticed how foreigners were saturating her dear country with so many things, from products to religion to culture and this idea of border closure came up.
Now the question is, did this border serve its purpose?? YES it did. And all thanks to the reasons for the implementation. The only reason why China can go to different first-world countries and preach whatever they want is because the country has improved dynamically on local products and self sufficiency. Now they can woo other countries with their products, that is because they have products to show off. It wasn't magic, it was determinations and well-planned reformations. Things didn't go smoothly when it all started but now we all can see the after math of the whole sacrifice China made.

This is the phase Nigeria is, to decide if to be self sufficient or die as mere consumers of goods from countries that we are even 100 times better than.
Lets not politicize this thing, I am a member of the PDP and believe me when I say this is the only reasonable thing this administration has done even tho the basis for the implementation was somehow wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by AlphaStyles(m): 1:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
maynation:

You can't compare the current China's development to Nigeria's and it's an insult to talk about this. Let's the comparison be between the China before the border was closed and the now Nigeria. China noticed how foreigners were saturating her dear country with so many things, from products to religion to culture and this idea of border closure came up.
Now the question is, did this border serve its purpose?? YES it did. And all thanks to the reasons for the implementation. The only reason why China can go to different first-world countries and preach whatever they want is because the country has improved dynamically on local products and self sufficiency. Now they can woo other countries with their products, that is because they have products to show off. It wasn't magic, it was determinations and well-planned reformations. Things didn't go smoothly when it all started but now we all can see the after math of the whole sacrifice China made.

This is the phase Nigeria is, to decide if to be self sufficient or die as mere consumers of goods from countries that we are even 100 times better than.
Lets not politicize this thing, I am a member of the PDP and believe me when I say this is the only reasonable thing this administration has done even tho the basis for the implementation was somehow wrong.

talking about old China they too imported the old days from other countries if China is so strong why don't they lock all borders don't import again since it can sustain itself

U keep missing the picture Nigeria is different from China

China in terms of advancement is different if u think u will follow China and b successful then u are in for a big shock
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Tareq1105: 1:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
loswhite:
why did they relocate to Ghana? The problem of this country is the mad citizens like your type

You've just displayed your madness and frustration. My comment was my views and wasn't directed at anyone.

Instead of you to post your view, you chose to insult me just because you don't like my comment.

My comment is my views which I'm entitled to just as you're entitle to yours even if you're a smuggler.

More reasons why social media should be regulated.

The platform is for discourse, knowledge, and for friendship.

Pls take your madness away from here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by angelEmade: 1:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
Sholaco:
I dey wait with my towel tied around my waist ready for any kind of fight you bring tongue
uhmmm lemme catch your dick...
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by angelEmade: 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2019
Pearlyakin:

Sheybi you sha get yansh and breas.t cheesy grin
not yansh and breast but cute hips and fair skinned boobs with pointy little dark nipples

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by maynation(f): 1:18pm On Nov 03, 2019
AlphaStyles:
I beg to differ even Donald Trump that is a hard core president wouldn't dare close border for trading because of the consequences of it on the economy, jobs and his political aspirantions what he does is monitor it and seek for a better deal both Ghanaian and Nigerians cry because they are feeling the impact u don't judge because of some random folks those random folks are the once doing the trading and investment and u buy for them anything that affects them affects you because if the market isn't favourable for them it won't be favourable for you am a trump guy but sometimes his economic decisions have consequences for the US economy
And talking about inflation before
Compare our population back then to now

Increased population+increased manpower+good working conditions= better sufficiency

But we Don't have good conditions
Enough man power in the Agriculture sector
Better importation and trade policy

And u close border and u are expecting good results

Keep dreaming

Trump was said he is interested in 'security' than 'trade'. He said this while talking about his intentions to close US-Mexico border.

So what are you saying?
America has every desired thing needed to keep her borders clean, but do we have them?

Now please get this, no one is saying Nigeria should close her borders forever and ever. It is supposed to be for a while just to gain grounds and work on every of our loose ends.

At least, let's have what we can give out to these neighbouring countries too.

We don't want to be mere consumers, that's all.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by angelEmade: 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
Tboy1419:
come and beat me with your pussy in my room, pls
four rounds and you go tire
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by drakeli: 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
This boarder closure has really opened my eyes to seeing the the kind of influence Nigeria controls in West Africa. We are literally the food basket of the region. All of them including Ghana are feeding on us. Let all those “Ghana is better than Nigeria crew” shot up forever. Wind don blow. We don see Ghana fowl yansh.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by herakles: 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
abeg comot jo, you just dey jealous us

na advice I dey give you. anyway, your funeral
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by AlphaStyles(m): 1:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
maynation:

Trump was said he is interested in 'security' than 'trade'. He said this while talking about his intentions to close US-Mexico border.

So what are you saying?
America has every desired thing needed to keep her borders clean, but do we have them?

Now please get this, no one is saying Nigeria should close her borders forever and ever. It is supposed to be for a while just to gain grounds and work on every of our loose ends.

At least, let's have what we can give out to these neighbouring countries too.

We don't want to be mere consumers, that's all.
then why didn't he close Canada-US border since it's about security? When u close borders make sure u have a proper plan that will help your country and there are availability of power to sustain but if u do that without all this available then u will get hurt

Those countries that u import from will complain for a while but later move to other countries living u to suffer alone
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by 3kay945(m): 1:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
Noel1:
Does it mean Nigeria has achieved her objective of becoming self sufficient in rice production so soon? undecided

I don't get it...

What next?
grin cheesy

Maybe to close it again after three months.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Obason22(m): 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2019
Buhari should extend it to 2023
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by maynation(f): 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
MUMUdom:
Shut up and listen to good counsel. Bla bla bla Ghanaian officials have cried over the border closure, so what? Didn’t nigerians cry and beg when Ghana closed shops belonging to nigerian traders in Ghana recently. Didn’t your president send a delegation to Ghana to beg for the shops to be opened? What is the difference between what Ghanaian officials are doing now add what nigerian officials did?

If you can pass your message across without sounding insulting then I will reply you.

Grow up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by ajl: 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
maynation:

But the challenge here is the mindset of most Nigerians compared to average Chinese people. Nigerians do not know anything about sacrificing and it is always about immediate gratification. China strategies were implemented from cover to cover until they became a manufacturing hub. The key.was that those at the helm of affairs had a clear idea of what they wanted and how to go about it, and the populace were in line. Though they made few mistakes (environment pollution etc) but these can be redressed. Tell me, can our political elite sacrifice as well. Nigeria has too many citizen saboteurs with enough foreign counterparts. First implement capital punishment for corrupt acts, life-sentence for economic crimes like smuggling, then diverts huge funds into infrastructure, especially transportation, reorganize the customs service (heavily) and close land borders across the country for 2-years, all simultaneously. And Nigerians should remember to copy and imitate/produce as many western technologies as possible until they can recreate these as theirs. If these can be done to the letter, I bet what would emerge will be a totally different country. Nigeria is yet to take advantage of the size of its population.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Remmy07: 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ajiswaggs:
That's too long ooo angry angry angry angry angry
olorun
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Samuels90: 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
Noel1:

I don't get it...

What next?
exactly! What's the aim? sad
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by ahiboilandgas: 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
id911:
You close borders but you continue to pay custom their salaries and the CG Of Custom, whose duty is to check smuggling along the borders, has not been sack. Why not disband the Nigerian Custom Service since they have failed in their duties to police the borders and close the borders indefinitely? Using archaic method to solve contemporary problems can't solve anything but will rather aggravate it.
Very useless Government
illiterate,airport and sea port are man by customs including companies (customs and excise)
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by TemmyT002(m): 1:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
Bizibi:
This government don't know know how to formulate economic policies.

Don't mind them
I hope they take notice of you and hire you to help them.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by TemmyT002(m): 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2019
Factfinder1:
Head slammers just want to make Christmas hard for Christian's

Oh boy, which kain Christian thinking is this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Foreigners Think About Nigeria's Fuel Crisis / Man Caught After Hijacking Election Materials, Says He Was Obeying Orders.Photos / ‘Senate Bonanza’: Presidency Shops For Akpabio's Replacement - Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.