Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,810 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Awoman Who Married Tribe Warrior Opens Airbnb-style Tourist Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Awoman Who Married Tribe Warrior Opens Airbnb-style Tourist Experience (495 Views)

Man With One-inch Penis Opens Up About Life With A Micropenis / Update On 15-Year-Old Girl Who Married A 56-Year-Old 'Demented' Man In Anambra / Seems Man Who Married Wife In 7 Days Was Dating Her Before The Stunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Awoman Who Married Tribe Warrior Opens Airbnb-style Tourist Experience by stellapatu: 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
A German woman who married a Maasai tribe leader after she fell in love with him while volunteering in Tanzania has launched an Airbnb-style tourist enterprise that supports local health initiatives.

Stephanie Fuchs, 33, has set up a "cultural experience" where travellers can participate in ”real” Maasai life by living in huts and rearing cattle.

Part of the proceeds go to initiatives such as making reusable sanitary kits for women in the area and supporting the tribe.

Ms Fuchs started working at a research camp close to the Selous Game Reserve in 2010. She enjoyed the experience so much that she extended her three-month trip to a year and started speaking Swahili in the process.

While on Mafia Island she spotted a group of “ tall, beautiful herdsman” who follow the ancient tradition of shepherding cattle through the African savannah.Her future husband, Sokoine, was adorned in red clothing and “beautiful handmade jewellery”.

“In that moment I saw only him – he was taller than the others and had the most beautiful eyes,” she told the Standard.

“As I was intrigued and impressed by them and particularly him, I tried to engage them in conversation with my Swahili. They were friendly but in a rush to get going.”

In the days and weeks that followed, Ms Fuchs tried to strike up small talk whenever she saw Sokoine.

"I was more determined than ever to have a proper conversation with him,” she said.

“And we did. We opened up to each other and about a week later we got together.”

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/awoman-who-married-tribe-warrior-opens-airbnb-style-tourist-experience

(1) (Reply)

Side Chick War / If You Could Turn Back Time To The Good Old Days:what Time Would It Be? / Does Being Persistent Really Payoff For A Good Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.