Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. (25361 Views)

Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief / Between David Hundeyin And Segalink On Twitter. / Tinubu’s Bullion Vans: Between EFCC And Segalink On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by NGpatriot: 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
Segun Awosanya, better known as Segalink, a member of the Lagos judicial panel, has spoken on the invitation by Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of the state, for a peace walk.

Advertisement
Segalink made his position known on Thursday in an interview on Channels Television.

On Tuesday, Sanwo-Olu called on youths, civil society organisations and other stakeholders to attend a peace walk to herald the healing of the state.

The governor specifically invited Folarin Falana, an entertainer better known as Falz; Debo Adebayo, popularly known as Mr Marcaroni; Dele Farotimi, an activist and lawyer; Temitope Majekodunmi, Segun Awosanya, Seun Kuti, among others, to join him in the “historic march for our dear Lagos”.

Advertisement
Falz, Mr Macaroni, Kuti, Farotimi and Majekodunmi have rejected the invitation of the governor.

Hours after the invitation of the peace walk, the government released a white paper on the recommendations of the judicial panel.

In the white paper, the Lagos government accepted 11 out of the 32 recommendations of the panel, rejected one and accepted six with modifications.

Advertisement
The Lagos government also said the finding of the panel that nine persons died is “irreconcilable” with the testimony of John Obafunwa, a pathologist.

Reacting to a question on whether he will participate, Segalink said if he joins the governor on the peace walk, it does not mean he will stop criticising the government.

“Because I am an advocate for peace, justice, equity, and fairness, I will walk with anybody who wants peace,” he said.

“There are no absolutes. I may agree with some people on certain things does not mean I’m in alignment with them.

“So, if I walk with the governor today, it does not stop me from criticising the governor the next day.”

https://www.thecable.ng/ill-walk-with-anybody-who-wants-peace-segalink-speaks-on-sanwo-olus-invitation

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by NGpatriot: 10:43pm On Dec 02, 2021

“There are no absolutes. I may agree with some people on certain things does not mean I’m in alignment with them.

“So, if I walk with the governor today, it does not stop me from criticising the governor the next day.”

This is the maturity the useless sorosoke hoodlums missed and did not get, advocating for peace is a plus, not a minus, and it doesn't change you or take away your personal values, ideals and beliefs, it doesn't and shouldn't stop or take away your activism.

Rejecting the invitation with venom, crude and crass utterances and insults reeks immaturity, lack of self-worth, bad societal manners and home training.

Sanwo Olu outfoxed them, they should have called his luff, but fell into his trap.

Lagosians in their tens of thousands will join the governor for a peace walk while the sorosoke immature and brainless toddlers watch on TV regretting their puerile actions.

105 Likes 17 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by NGpatriot: 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2021

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 02, 2021
Segalinks is reasonable and understands politics. Most of these people have forgotten that sagalink started the endsar movement before it was hijacked by anarchists, feminists, thugs, homosexuals and liars.

The government gave you a life time opportunity to talk to them after destroying their facilities, but you declined the opportunity.

Government come and go, the next government coming wont even remember you exist.

If you say you are fighting for the youth, why don't you go and tell the government what you want.

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by LegendHero(m): 10:56pm On Dec 02, 2021
Cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

This is the maturity the useless sorosoke hoodlums missed and did not get, advocating for peace is a plus, not a minus, and it doesn't change you or take away your personal values, ideals and beliefs, it doesn't and shouldn't stop or take away your activism.

Rejecting the invitation with venom, crude and crass utterances and insults was maturity, lack of self-worth, bad societal manners and home training.

Sanwo Olu outfoxed them, they should have called his luff, but fell into his trap.

Lagosians in their tens of thousands will join the governor for peace walk while the sorosoke immature and brainless toddlers watch on TV regretting their puerile actions.

You are so right.

These sorosoke people have a sponsor controlling all their moves.

Not attending a peace talk won't stop the government from working. The act does not ridicule government but makes the sorosoke people looks like dummies.

Even people fighting war, always have peace talk once in a while

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by PrinceOfLagos: 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
Werey

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by LegendHero(m): 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
This guy is solid. He’s been fighting against Police brutality even before this current government regime and he’s not doing all this because of clout, that is his nature.

What many people don’t even know is that youth engagement is also part of the recommendation by the panel.

Hence, LASG can say the peace walk they are organizing is also a way of engaging the youth in a continuous process and trying to bridge the gap.

However, those that oppose the walk have the right to do that AND those that accepted should not be victimized anyway unless if people have ulterior motives.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by IMASTEX: 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
Justice brings peace.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by revived: 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
Envelope

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by tydi(m): 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
shocked

Segalinks or Nintendolinks we ain’t talking about peace setters here anyone could claim a peace marker here but we talking about murderers here in their closets ..And hopefully I guess you know we talking about the murderers here.
Else you telling me you mining skulls too like it’s something hereditary to you guys or what

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by LegendHero(m): 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
revived:
Envelope

That guy have been at the forefront of campaigning against police brutality and even going as far as making sure people brutalized by police are compensated. He’s been doing it since and he’s not a clout chaser like the other celeb that jumped on the Endsars fame.

Mind you, his work is not only limited to the South, he also help people as far as the North (for those that report to his organization either through Twitter or other means) to get back their money when anyone is faced with police extortion and even the police don’t always like his wahala.

He has more value to the Nigerian youth in the context of helping against police brutality than a million marcaroni and Falz.

That is the fact!

89 Likes 16 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by Numerouno94(m): 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2021
Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by slimanyd: 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

Rejecting the invitation with venom, crude and crass utterances and insults reeks immaturity, lack of self-worth, bad societal manners and home training.

[b]Lagosians APC NURTW AGBERO MEMBERS in their tens of thousands will join the governor for a peace walk while the sorosoke immature Soldiers of Peace and brainless toddlers Comrades of honor watch on TV regretting their puerile actions.[/b]

Instead say APC members in there thousands next time . okay.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by flokii: 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2021
Your eyes don clear ba?

LekkiLies
419massacre according to Aunty Kemi Olunloyo

I don't know why LASG and FG are not prosecuting these guys.. they'll have mind to attack again.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by Antoeni(m): 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2021
This One will Shock Deceitful & Fraudulent Sowore, Deji and Aisha

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by dohyn(m): 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
What exactly is this walk meant to achieve apart from performative nonsense ?
People were protesting peacefully, you sent soldiers to shoot and kill them, everything premeditated. Panel set up by yourself indicted you in the killing.
No apologies, no remorse. You want to walk.
If you like, trek to Gombe, it won't amount to anything.

172 Likes 18 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by NGpatriot: 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
LegendHero:
This guy is solid. He’s been fighting against Police brutality even before this current government regime and he’s not doing all this because of clout, that is his nature.

What many people don’t even know is that youth engagement is also part of the recommendation by the panel.

Hence, LASG can say the peace walk they are organizing is also a way of engaging the youth in a continuous process and trying to bridge the gap.

However, those that oppose the walk have the right to do that AND those that accepted should not be victimized anyway unless if people have ulterior motives.

They want youth engagement and when they engage them, they still reject the engagement, cry and wail like little babies.

I just don't get why they are so dead against the same thing they asked the government to do, it's right there in their own panel report, the same report they want us to read, accept and swallow.

I really don't get them, they don't want peace, they have their own mysterious agenda..

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by sammuell(m): 11:11pm On Dec 02, 2021
Where belle face

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by FarahAideed: 11:11pm On Dec 02, 2021
This one has always been a govt man

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by WhatCanIsay(m): 11:11pm On Dec 02, 2021
Real translation...

I will walk with anyone who is more profitable to my selfish desires.

Money talks, integrity walks away.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by BondMo: 11:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
Sega is mad

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by FarahAideed: 11:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

They want youth engagement and when they engage them, they still reject the engagement, cry and wail like little babies.

I just don't get why they are so dead against the same thing they asked the government to do, it's right there in their own panel report, the same report they want us to read, accept and swallow.

I really don't get them, they don't want peace, they have their own mysterious agenda..

How is peace walk an engagement? They are looking for photo material for Tinubus campaign poster ..small walk and next thing you will see Falz and Mr Macaroni in Swaga advert

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by NGpatriot: 11:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
slimanyd:

Instead say APC members in there thousands next time . okay.

I really care less who is walking and even with just thousands of APC members alone, fine with me and if APC members walking alone for peace makes you sad and disgruntled, that's your own problem, marinade in it.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by Treasure17(m): 11:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You are so right.

Not attending a peace talk won't stop the government from working. The act does not ridicule government but makes the sorosoke people looks like dummies.

''These sorosoke people have a sponsor controlling all their moves " How did you arrive at this? Or just a mere assumption without evidence to back it up? Can there be peace when there's no justice? Are you aware that what birthed Endsars are still happening?Common! The governor could have handled this in a proper manner but he decided to go this route. Doesn't make any sense.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by ebuka333: 11:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
See them chronic BM xombies above me... Blood is blood, and it will speak forever
Add the chief defender of murderers below me

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by ILoveDemMANNA: 11:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

Lagosians in their tens of thousands will join the governor for a peace walk while the sorosoke immature and brainless toddlers watch on TV regretting their puerile actions.

thebosstrevor1:

You are so right.

You guys have spoken well.
God bless

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
Blo0dy sell out

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by slimanyd: 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

I really care less who is walking and even with just thousands of PAID APC members alone, fine with me and if PAID APC members walking alone for peace THERE POCKET COS OF 1K makes you sad and disgruntled, that's your own problem, marinade in it.

EPELE SIR , EKU IROJU

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by LegendHero(m): 11:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

99% of the said youth don’t read and digest. I can bet you a lot of them commenting haven’t even read the report themselves but resort to the usual snippet news the Nigeria media and Twitter feed them.

This is exactly why our government always play I don’t care. It’s because 70% of Nigeria work with sentiments and since the government knows that, they behave as they want and just concentrate their effort on those they can buy their votes on Election Day and the cycle continues. It’s simple as ABC.

With the kind of people we have in Nigeria, it will take a miracle for this nation to work. Emotions first, then thinking last.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by pacespot(m): 11:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
You gotta wonder that this guy was once a leading voice in the EndSARS campaign, Nigerians are just not human beings. Money can change anything about them.

Just like Festus keyamo, just like Femi adeshina, this sagalink guy too was only doing social activism to eye political appointment.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by AbijaJ: 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
I Iike how this guy damned the social media soro-soke mob. E no send their papa.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 More Aisha Buhari Critics Arrested By Police / Senator Akpabio Resigns As Minority Leader (Photo) / Battle To Control South-South: Oshiomhole Versus Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.