Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Battle To Preserve Indigenious Languages - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Battle To Preserve Indigenious Languages (3071 Views)

Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition. / Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages / How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Battle To Preserve Indigenious Languages by ladej(m): 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2010
Rexxie:

I feel so ashamed when my dialect is being spoken! Infact i find it hard to join a convo by folks speaking it. Fact is am not ashamed of the dialect,ISHAN,but of the fact that i cannot speak it fluently. My parents did not live together when i was growing up,mama was in school and dad was a civil servant being transfered from one place to another, people think am ashamed but truth is i am ashamed i can't flow in ISHAN AND BENIN. Its my 2nd regret the 1st being that i was not allowed to study sciences at sec.sch, But i know i shall overcome
bros it isnt too late. if a 30 year old can learn french, then u can learn ishan. dedicate time and find a willing teacher. all the best bro.wa pa ore.
Re: Battle To Preserve Indigenious Languages by effopsgraisse(m): 7:55am On Nov 28, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Ooni Of Ife Is Nigeria's Number 1 King" - Oluwo Of Iwo, Oba Adewale Akanbi / The Ancient Name Of Egypt In The Torah Is In Yoruba / Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.