Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar (35875 Views)

'Lionheart' Oscar Disqualification: Victoria Kimani, Ebuka, Dotun, Deyemi React / Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts / BBNaija: Tobi Bakre Close To Disqualification From The Big Brother House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by munex007(m): 11:18am On Nov 05, 2019
Sad
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 05, 2019
Shehu Sani should sit this one out please.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by QuickStandard: 11:18am On Nov 05, 2019
What is Lion heart?

I rather watch my siblings and I.

Nigerians and sense of entitlement!!!

Was it only Lion heart that was disqualified?

Why the fuse
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by heartofcity12: 11:19am On Nov 05, 2019
A lot of great movies Lionheart don’t come close to in the West get snubbed by Oscar. She really tried but she can still do better, this is where consistency has to come to play. We’ll get there.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by SarkinYarki: 11:20am On Nov 05, 2019
BrutalJab:

It's better you remain quiet so we can even think you have little sense.

See as you disgrace your full generation for here now.

Take your stupid Nigerian emotion out of my mention , I am sure you have not even seen the flick before

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by SaintLucia: 11:20am On Nov 05, 2019
She for feature Shehu Sani, Dino Melaye, and top it with Odunlade.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by SarkinYarki: 11:20am On Nov 05, 2019
heartofcity12:
A lot of great movies Lionheart don’t come close to in the West get snubbed by Oscar. She really tried but she can still do better, this is where consistency has to come to play. We’ll get there.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by BotherMleeper(m): 11:21am On Nov 05, 2019
The blogger hath spoken! Harken thee well to his wise and immortal words!
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Thoseen30(m): 11:21am On Nov 05, 2019
DenreleDave:
The movie was nothing special to be sincere

Our Igbo brothers just wana chest beat and make. It as if na big deal

Watch Mokalik, king of boys, October 1.. Those are better movies...

Not goat heart... Sorry lion heart
You just said my mind bro, good production but not compared to KOB the suspense, message, actions even cut across different languages KOB should have replaced "loinheart at the Oscar's

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Guyman02: 11:21am On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
It's an interesting watch but lest be factual lion heart was never OScar grade except we just want to be unnecessarily emotional

Do you know that a terrorist group in Syria called White Helmets won an Oscar for a short movie because America was using them for regime change? Google it

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Endtimebro: 11:22am On Nov 05, 2019
That movies is just over hyped/rated.
If you watch you will agree to this
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by XaintJoel20: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2019
vibewithme:
The Oscars and Grammy's have always been known to have racist judgements, no be today. Even African-Americans find it hard to win these awards talkless of pure africans angry sad

Whites and racism:

You are wrong about the Grammy Award.
So many blacks have won that awards.
Very many of them.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2019
That movie was actually overrated and boring.I love Gene as a person though.

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Jaqenhghar: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2019
What are these niggers crying about.
The people that give the award put up some rules. The movie didnt meet the rules and was disqualified. No one said its a bad movie just an oversight from the producers. If y'all got a problem you can lobby to have the rules changed.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by BrutalJab: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Take your stupid Nigerian emotion out of my mention , I am sure you have not even seen the flick before

Shut up your dirty illiterate mouth.

What do you know about the Oscars
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by naijanaso: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2019
Honestly, I think we are being emotionally attached to this Lion Heart thing. I understand it is produced by one of ours...but to say the truth, it is not up to that standard one will say stands out to be nominated for an Oscar. I took time to watch the movie (at least 3x) both at cinema and at home uninterrupted, I do not see the hype. She tried, but there is great potential for improvement. Rather than complain, she should look at the critisms positively and straighten things up in her next movie. The plot is not there yet.

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Jaqenhghar: 11:24am On Nov 05, 2019
vibewithme:
The Oscars and Grammy's have always been known to have racist judgements, no be today. Even African-Americans find it hard to win these awards talkless of pure africans angry sad

Whites and racism:
Their award, their business. Shey you people were here to rubbish your own headies award
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by jimyjames(m): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2019
DenreleDave:
The movie was nothing special to be sincere

Our Igbo brothers just wana chest beat and make. It as if na big deal

Watch Mokalik, king of boys, October 1.. Those are better movies...

Not goat heart... Sorry lion heart

Looks like Shehu Sani, is igbo now right? I can see the hate and bitterness in you, why won't we chest beat, besides we took Nollywood to the position it is today
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Germi9: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019
Overated From act to Character
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Emmymarvel(m): 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
It's an interesting watch but lest be factual lion heart was never OScar grade except we just want to be unnecessarily emotional
true.....the only difference between it and d regular Nigerian movie is picture and video quality....nothing extraordinary about the story line

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019
vibewithme:

Whites and racism:
Hanti Hale Berry win am grin
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by ArewaWarrior: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2019
Oh what a horrible watch that Lionheart film was, took 2 hours of my life that I can NEVER get back.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by sonature1: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2019
majamajic:
in that category , they are considering the movies from locally made especially in other languages ,

but I think they have to consider other local countries that has English as first language which Nigeria belongs to

English is not our first language; English is our official language (lingua franca). There's a difference.

When English is your first language, people use it to discuss in their everyday lives. Well, we do not.

I don't care about the movie and its disqualification though.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Confirmedzombie: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2019
God will not forgive El Rufia, this Shehu a former senator now a blogger.
Wonders shall never end.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by LEAFLET(m): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Your brain is dead with the twenty people that liked your comment. Did you see the reason the movie was disqualified or are you just another Yoruba hating fool..
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 05, 2019
Elvixbeatz:
All dose booking space wit k hey and others above me are mad . if u no get any tin to talk u no go view gerrout.

In fact lion heart ,Oscar and Genevieve are mad. Lolz just dey vex this morning
Small, small oo, abeg grin
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by SarkinYarki: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2019
BrutalJab:

Shut up your dirty illiterate mouth.

What do you know about the Oscars

I have been following the Oscars since I was thirteen and I can tell you all about the academy since it's was created ..I am sure somebody like you never heard of Ben Hur' s exploits at the academy awards . You think I am a low life like you ko ?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Arizonaguy(m): 11:34am On Nov 05, 2019
amiibaby:
that's bad. This whites are bunch of racist bigots
so because they disqualify African movies....for your narrow mind, they are racists and bigots
Sincerely the movie was a bit below par...There are lots of competition in the film industry throughout the world
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by vibewithme(m): 11:34am On Nov 05, 2019
XaintJoel20:

You are wrong about the Grammy Award.
So many blacks have won that awards.
Very many of them.
Thanks

but you can't compare to the number of times they have lost it due to stupid reasons
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by SarkinYarki: 11:34am On Nov 05, 2019
LEAFLET:
Your brain is dead with the twenty people that liked your comment. Did you see the reason the movie was disqualified or are you just another Yoruba hating fool..

I am Igbo and I have been an academy award enthusiast for decades now , trust me that movie was not Oscar nomination grade from the onset and that was why she went to submit it under the easiest cartegory ( foriegn language ) even when she knew it didn't even meet the low entry criteria for that cartegory too

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by vibewithme(m): 11:34am On Nov 05, 2019
fairfora:
Hanti Hale Berry win am grin

bro their racist. who be your hanti?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by rogim: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2019
nawa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija All Stars: "I Want To Go Home" – Mercy Eke Seeks Voluntary Exit / Bbnaija: Thin Tall Tony, Efe, Tboss & Debie-rise Nominated For Eviction / TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.