Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar (35859 Views)

'Lionheart' Oscar Disqualification: Victoria Kimani, Ebuka, Dotun, Deyemi React / Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts / BBNaija: Tobi Bakre Close To Disqualification From The Big Brother House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Randyrowland: 11:39am On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
It's an interesting watch but lest be factual lion heart was never OScar grade except we just want to be unnecessarily emotional

You know better than those who nominated it in the first place? (R)
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by obinna58(m): 11:39am On Nov 05, 2019
African history kee you there
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by mekaboy(m): 11:40am On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
It's an interesting watch but lest be factual lion heart was never OScar grade except we just want to be unnecessarily emotional

You are suffering from inferiority complex and slave mentality.

See people who colonized you, descreminating against you for speaking their language and you are here talking rubbish. The oscar standard you talk about is a display of what happens in the western world and you enjoy it. Why won't they enjoy what happens in your world?

You should hide your face in shame.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by virago(f): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2019
Shoodboi:
You guys seriously need to stop making issues out of this.

The award category requires that shortlisted movies must be in indigenous language apart from English.

In any event that it has English dialogue, the indigenous language must form an indisputable majority.

Lion Hear did not.

I remember that another famous producer once suffered a similar fate.

Are you minding all those people ranting like rabid dogs above you
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by BluntBoy(m): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2019
majamajic:
in that category , they are considering the movies from locally made especially in other languages ,

but I think they have to consider other local countries that has English as first language which Nigeria belongs to

English is not our first language. It is actually our second language.

Your first language is your native language. I am Yoruba so Yoruba is my first language.

There are foreign countries where English is a first language, but many developing countries have their native languages.

Lionheart was not eligible in the first place. The award did not say English should not be used, but that the native language should be predominant. In the case of Lionheart, English was predominant.

5 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 05, 2019
Aieboocaar:
This Shehu sani should be given award for "BEST CHEMICAL REACTORGRAPHER"

He should he in the same category as the poster of the comment directly below mine
grin
Where will you put freeze, Reno, FFK and others?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by klax(m): 11:43am On Nov 05, 2019
Sorry to say these I don't see anything in that film that really look super or extraordinary. I had watched it severally but can still get the hell hypes about the movie.

I'm not here supporting that Oscar blabla thrash I'm just speaking from.my own view I repeat nothing special about the film I see it as one of those Nollywood janjawee movie.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by MyExpression(m): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2019
DenreleDave:
The movie was nothing special to be sincere

Our Igbo brothers just wana chest beat and make. It as if na big deal

Watch Mokalik, king of boys, October 1.. Those are better movies...

Not goat heart... Sorry lion heart

October 1, yes....but please remove King of boys from that list.

That movie is unnecessarily long and the storyline isn't gripping enough.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by SarkinYarki: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2019
mekaboy:

You are suffering from inferiority complex and slave mentality.

See people who colonized you, descreminating against you for speaking their language and you are here talking rubbish. The oscar standard you talk about is a display of what happens in the western world and you enjoy it. Why won't they enjoy what happens in your world?

You should hide your face in shame.

You are too dull my friend .. There are many cartegories for submission for Academy awards , why did she go be submit into the " FORIEGN LANGUAGE" cartegory , what part of the word foreign language don't you understand? And now you want to play your useless race card

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by virago(f): 11:45am On Nov 05, 2019
BrutalJab:

Shut up your dirty illiterate mouth.

What do you know about the Oscars

Oga you're the one who knows nothing about the Oscar's , do you even know the criteria for being nominated in that category
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by sinceraconcept(m): 11:46am On Nov 05, 2019
vibewithme:
The Oscars and Grammy's have always been known to have racist judgements, no be today. Even African-Americans find it hard to win these awards talkless of pure africans angry sad

Whites and racism:
But the highest Grammy winners are African Americans na. Jay-z and Kanye
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Innovate07: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

The senator raised a very important point. Let's concentrate on that and not on whether the film is Oscar worthy or not. Nigerians speak English and no matter how well our English is spoken, we are still tagged a non English nation. That to me is gross discrimination. What the Oscar's just pointed out is what they also use in descriminating anyone outside of The US, the UK, Aus and New Zealand.

It us poo ire descriminating and I feel we as African must gradually start phasing out English as a national language.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Leo588(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2019
MOSICATED5:
I love Geny like kilode but the movie didn't actually deserved to be in the Oscars. There was also too much English in the film

That's just the truth, I heard much of Lion's Heart and after I watched it, I was like......is this just the movie....or the pirated copy!!!?? Mtcheeewww...that movies had waves bigger than what it is

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by MisterChairman(m): 11:51am On Nov 05, 2019
stop acting so emotional . Lionheart is over hyped movie , with no direction or what's so ever
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2019
Slawormir:
As a real niggarrr

I will tell you lion heart is one overrated dumb fuckkk

Exactly how terminator ( dark fate) is overrated

Terminator ( judgement day) remain the best anyday anytime twice on a Sunday

You are nothing but an ignorant facefuck and saying you are a real nigger before every comment doesn't mean you aren't just a white-wannabe slaving worthless piece of ass
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by iPresh4s(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2019
The movie no deserve any award
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Arelyn: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2019
Must we complain about being cheated when the law is plain and glaring even to the blind, thesame people will call it Grace, Favour, Blessing etc when the are rewarded by corruption or nepotism.

English is our official language, that doesn't mean we don't have tribal languages...The rule states that the "movie must be of indigenous language", so lionheart don't warrant to be nominated in the first place
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by BrutalJab: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2019
virago:

Oga you're the one who knows nothing about the Oscar's , do you even know the criteria for being nominated in that category

Mumu under what category did Genny submit the movie for?

Under what category did they move it to? Oversabi
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by UncleJudax(m): 11:57am On Nov 05, 2019
DenreleDave:
The movie was nothing special to be sincere

Our Igbo brothers just wana chest beat and make. It as if na big deal

Watch Mokalik, king of boys, October 1.. Those are better movies...

Not goat heart... Sorry lion heart
Hahaha. Your tribalism wear bullet proof grin...

Good thing is, nobody cares how you feel about Igbos.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by cescky(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2019
Slawormir:
As a real niggarrr

I will tell you lion heart is one overrated dumb fuckkk

Exactly how terminator ( dark fate) is overrated

Terminator ( judgement day) remain the best anyday anytime twice on a Sunday

You de vex me but I like this your statement

Especially about T2000 on Sundays
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by BrutalJab: 11:59am On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I have been following the Oscars since I was thirteen and I can tell you all about the academy since it's was created ..I am sure somebody like you never heard of Ben Hur' s exploits at the academy awards . You think I am a low life like you ko ?

This illiterate abokki self is forming posh. grin
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by BitmapStudios: 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
We just love being unnecessarily dramatic and quick to blame others for our ineptitude. Oscar has it rules for submission, just like every other award and competition. Lion Heart didn't meet the requirements and people have been throwing tantrums like my neighbor's 3 months old puppy.
Oscar or Grammy doesn't mean you've made it or you will not. Ask yourself this, the whole of Hollywood went to celebrate Tyler Perry recently, how many Oscars has he gotten nominations for or won?
We all need to focus on things that work, and improve on our flaws.
cool

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Kennyswagz1(m): 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
vibewithme:
The Oscars and Grammy's have always been known to have racist judgements, no be today. Even African-Americans find it hard to win these awards talkless of pure africans angry sad

Whites and racism:
oga you dey use freebasics reason why your meme nor show gringringrin
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Vicyace: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
2dice01:
cheesy

We had better movies like

King of Boys
Gold statue
and so on

But Politics and Inferiority is killing us
Year in out the Indians drop 70% speaking movie for Oscar award they don't reject it

But we want to tell the white we don't have Culture

Do a movie in your mothers tongue and be Proud of the shii no we won't we will forming English speaking Bullshít

Well also need to appreciate our own awards like the AMAA awards and others before stuff like this Will stop

Does India have over 500 spoken languages?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by madridsta007(m): 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

If they had disqualified it for content, that’s understandable.

But it wasn’t for content. It was because they felt it wasn’t in a Nigerian language. It exposes the stark, heart of Darkness-like ignorance of the Global North towards the “other side”. This is the same America that it’s politicians have erroneously referred to Africa as a monolithic entity— a country. Joe Biden, Sarah Palin and a few others. Trust me, those guys didnt know that English Language is the official langauge in Nigeria. They think Nigerians speak "Nigeria".

Challenge an American based on facts and you’ll understand how ignorant and “small” they are.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Azatitebi(m): 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
King of boiz better pass lion heart.. Genevieve was just trying to push politics.. dat movie na political election movie ,while king of boiz na weyting Dey happen for our country bad government and politicians.. Dats y I love Fela any time any day
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by DechOfficial: 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
so why the Bleep was it nominated?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by stevebond007(m): 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
2dice01:
cheesy

We had better movies like

King of Boys
Gold statue
and so on

But Politics and Inferiority is killing us
Year in out the Indians drop 70% speaking movie for Oscar award they don't reject it

But we want to tell the white we don't have Culture

Do a movie in your mothers tongue and be Proud of the shii no we won't we will forming English speaking Bullshít

Well also need to appreciate our own awards like the AMAA awards and others before stuff like this Will stop

My exact opinion...

We need to promote our languages aside this English.

Imagine,kids here in Nigeria are not even speaking our own language again sef. We need massive orientation in this country.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by 2dice01: 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
Vicyace:

and who cares
if you have 1000 language
Do a movie in your language and be Proud of it

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by 2dice01: 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
stevebond007:

My exact opinion...

We need to promote our languages aside this English.

Imagine,kids here in Nigeria are not even speaking our own language again sef. We need massive orientation in this country.
True talk

Pidgin should have been our official language
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by stevebond007(m): 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
Vicyace:

They have their own numerous languages too.
Let them act in their native tongue and put subtitles in English like Indian movies do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times / BBNaija All Stars: "I Want To Go Home" – Mercy Eke Seeks Voluntary Exit / Bbnaija: Thin Tall Tony, Efe, Tboss & Debie-rise Nominated For Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.