Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar (35874 Views)

'Lionheart' Oscar Disqualification: Victoria Kimani, Ebuka, Dotun, Deyemi React / Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts / BBNaija: Tobi Bakre Close To Disqualification From The Big Brother House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Moor1234: 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
How are you doing
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Legendguru: 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
Oh
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by majamajic(m): 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
sonature1:

English is not our first language; English is our official language (lingua franca). There's a difference.

When English is your first language, people use it to discuss in their everyday lives. Well, we do not.

I don't care about the movie and its disqualification though.

sir since English is not our main language , why they went ahead to disqualify the movie?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by BluntBoy(m): 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
Innovate07:

Speak for yourself. Fir some Nigerians. English is their mother tongue and the only language of communication they know. There are some Yorubas who will not understand a word of Yoruba, so how will that be their first language?

That a Yoruba man cannot speak Yoruba is not anyone's fault. It does not change the fact that English is a second language in Nigeria. It is our official language, but not our first language.

There are only four countries (independent countries) where English is a first language:

There are four nations where English is the de facto language and the primary language. These include Australia , New Zealand, the United Kingdom , and the United States.
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/english-speaking-countries/
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by BluntBoy(m): 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
majamajic:

sir since English is not our main language , why they went ahead to disqualify the movie?

I didn't write main

I wrote first

The people who forwarded the movie for appraisal cannot tell me that they did not read the guidelines before submitting.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by UncleJudax(m): 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
shutup your mouth
grin grin cheesy
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by DelphiOracle(m): 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2019
BrutalJab:

It's better you remain quiet so we can even think you have little sense.

See as you disgrace your full generation for here now.
for me his opinion was not really that bad.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by peeps4u: 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
majamajic:

since English is not our first language , they should have considered it

Even when the rules state the movie in that category should be predominantly non-english?

The award is for non English dialogue movie, allowing predominantly English dialogue movie already defeats the purpose.

BTW, Ghana, Canada, Kenya and other countries like that have English as their official language like Nigeria, but they were smart to nominate non English movie in that category. But our anyhowness saw us nominating English movie thinking the rule will be bent for us.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Jonovo98: 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
My pikin nnaji come and tell me what happened,don't be afraid of anybody the gods are solidly behind you okay .........

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by bosunjohns(m): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
Slawormir:
As a real niggarrr

I will tell you lion heart is one overrated dumb fuckkk

Exactly how terminator ( dark fate) is overrated

Terminator ( judgement day) remain the best anyday anytime twice on a Sunday
you mean the 1991 movie?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by majamajic(m): 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
peeps4u:

Even when the rules state the movie in that category should be predominantly non-english?

The award is for non English dialogue movie, allowing predominantly English dialogue movie already defeats the purpose.

BTW, Ghana, Canada, Kenya and other countries like that have English as their official language like Nigeria, but they were smart to nominate non English movie in that category. But our anyhowness saw us nominating English movie thinking the rule will be bent for us.

why them approved it before disqualify the movie

so they didn't go through the movie before nominating it ?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by peeps4u: 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
majamajic:

why them approved it before disqualify the movie

so they didn't go through the movie before nominating it ?

No, they never approved it. It was nominated by Nigerian team which comprises of Nollywood stars (Ramsey Noah is there) but got rejected by the Oscar for not meeting up with requirements. Oscar didn't nominate it, Nigerians nominated it.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by edoairways: 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
2dice01:
cheesy

We had better movies like

King of Boys
Gold statue
and so on

But Politics and Inferiority is killing us
Year in out the Indians drop 70% speaking movie for Oscar award they don't reject it

But we want to tell the white we don't have Culture

Do a movie in your mothers tongue and be Proud of the shii no we won't we will forming English speaking Bullshít

Well also need to appreciate our own awards like the AMAA awards and others before stuff like this Will stop
AMAA is enough for us as Africans OSCARS can go to hell
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by Truthbites: 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2019
Elvixbeatz:
All dose booking space wit k hey and others above me are mad . if u no get any tin to talk u no go view gerrout.

In fact lion heart ,Oscar and Genevieve are mad. Lolz just dey vex this morning

I'm telling you. They will just be booking space with stuff like k, h, grin cool and they won't comment
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar by obianoooo: 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2019
No jokes about how intresting the movie is,but if truly the category for the award states that the movie should be indigenous in the language in order to be nominated by the oscar panels then their is no witchhunt about it not meeting the cut off.

Come on guys if truly u watched the movie,then u can easily tell.

A movie where the main role speaks english mainly and finds it a bit difficult to flow in her indigenous language,now that's a big Bleep up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija All Stars: "I Want To Go Home" – Mercy Eke Seeks Voluntary Exit / Bbnaija: Thin Tall Tony, Efe, Tboss & Debie-rise Nominated For Eviction / TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.