Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,350 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Any Coder To Bring Me Out Of Darkness? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Coder To Bring Me Out Of Darkness? (975 Views)

Odunayo Ajayi A 14 Year Old Award Winning Coder / Ohh Lord Who Will Bring Me Out Of This Pit / 8 Ways To Become A Better Coder/programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Coder To Bring Me Out Of Darkness? by derrydinny: 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
okay guys, i have started learning programming with the sololearn app, the python language. i just have a question to ask, how are codes written if i want to develop an app? like can somebody just brief me how it's done, i am really anxious.
Re: Any Coder To Bring Me Out Of Darkness? by MountainView: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
you'll need an IDE to develop an app, e.g Android Studio for Android, or XCode for iOS, and there are also cross-platform solutions like Flutter and Xamarine
Re: Any Coder To Bring Me Out Of Darkness? by sparkle7: 6:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
derrydinny:
okay guys, i have started learning programming with the sololearn app, the python language. i just have a question to ask, how are codes written if i want to develop an app? like can somebody just brief me how it's done, i am really anxious.

Python is at its most powerful in data science, machine learning and scientific programming. You might have chosen the wrong language for the job sir. So I recommend you halt that there and focus on one of the following languages.
1. Java: java is arguably the king when it comes to app development for the Andriod Is. I don't know if there exist any library that can transcompile a java app to IOS. But you can check around the internet to see what you can find.
If that does not hold, then you will have to learn swift in order to develop iOS apps. And you use an ide for app development. The de facto app development ide is Android Studio. So go grab it! Make sure you system is of standard or else you will regret it.
2. Kotlin: This fresh lady is a hybrid of Java. In fact you can interface java libraries with that of kotlin. And the best part is that it runs on top of the java virtual machine. It is more of an implementation of Java programming language. The unambiguous, elegant and simple version of java so to speak.
3. C#: this language is a member of the dot net framework and can be used with the help of Xamarin to develop not just android apps but cross platform robust applications. Microsoft have tushed up C# so much that you can basically do everything you can do on java with it.
There are tons of libraries out there you can import into your program to interface with the underlying android Operating system.
4. React Native: if you are a JavaScript developer, you might find this framework useful in your quest to develop android applications. I only recommend this if you have a basic knowledge of JavaScript. It is quite cool so try it out. You can also combine this with electron.js to make cross platform applications.
And that rounds it up for the prominent ones.
But if you still won't to go ahead with using python then I think you should try out kivy.
QtPython is also a good one but it's learning curve is deep. Basically an implementation of the c++ Qt GUI framework.
There is also wxpython. Don't know much about that.
And then the worst of them all tkinter. I hate this framework work with passion,. The GUI is just too ugly and outdated. It makes that up in simplicity. You can get up and running in a few minutes.
So the takeaway here is ' if you are interested in Android app dev, use java or kotlin' that way you will have lots of answers to the unending bugs that might haunt you during the course of your learning.
My two cents.

2 Likes

Re: Any Coder To Bring Me Out Of Darkness? by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 06, 2019
Get an ide e.g visual studio but I hope it is not an app that needs high performance and speed because if so you chose the wrong language
Re: Any Coder To Bring Me Out Of Darkness? by kabeerhabe(m): 10:37am On Nov 07, 2019
I undrstand what you are going through. I have gone through same when i was trying to learn programming. U need mentorship and guide on those programming languages and how to really actualise thm to fit into reality.
You follow this programme at the university of ibadan

Practical Programming Training in Sultan Bello Hall (with real life projects)

Autobyte solutions is an Information and Communications Technology (ICT) firm and training institute incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which specializes in the creation and development of software and trainings for schools, private firms, educational institutions, students groups among others.
We are starting a web development (programming) training in our office. The training is a practical based one which covers all courses that make you a full stack developer. |During this course, we will develop a website (HTML/CSS) school app (HTML, CSS and PHP), hospital management system(HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP) from the scratch using the following technologies:

HTML
CSS
Javascript
Php

WHO CAN TAKE THE COURSE?

A beginner in programming, with basic understanding of computer appreciation
A computer science student who wants to thread the path of practical software development
A person who had been threading zigzagly in the programming industry and not knowing the programming language and software package to build his career on.

It promises to be educative, practical and interactive.
Training is starting on Nov 15, 2019
Contact 08093921440
Cafeteria Extension, Sultan Bello Hall,
University of Ibadan

(1) (Reply)

Help With Woocommerce Rest API / App Development / Best Mobile Banking App Development Services In India - Android Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.