Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) (59594 Views)

Lady Dies After Envious Friend Poisons Her At Beauty Parlor Opening Celebration / 17-year-old Boy Dies In Ondo After Smoking ‘colorado’ / Former Drug Addict Shows Off Transformation After Quitting Drugs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by BonPatrick(m): 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
Useless boy from a useless family
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Bukden16(m): 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
He died in active service.
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Danobb: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
I think d death is coincide with playing game...becos I know lot of guys bck in my sch that play game 24 hrs a day non-stop...hmm RIP to d death
ceeroh:
Which game did I not play overnight?

PES
Football Manager (This one is crazily addictive)

We're still alive. grin
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by djbussy(m): 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
He is not dead. He his inside the game world .
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by QuickStandard: 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
cool
The parents need thorough flogging!!!

Your son plays game day and night?
You take food to him, and urge him to eat?
You please with him to cut his gaming?
Really??

Spare the rod and spoil the child...

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by JastSiryin(m): 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2019
ovieigho:
...reading the headline and I know it’s cant be in Nigeria because NEPA sef go caution you
he he... I dey tell you bros... Game wey person suppose fit finish in 2days atleast, na 2weeks you go take finish am. Honestly ehn, this life is just about moderation, once you realize that, things begin to loose their grip on you.

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by murphyibiam15(m): 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
tunary:
being addicted to a computer cannot kill. it must have been a health problem
don't be ignorant .that's a very high risk , deprivation of sleep with consequent elevated BP
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Lawmak: 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
You tried to warn him!!!
Did you try to beat the hell out of him. For Godsake he is 17.
Better to spoil the rod and spare the child. Now you are using your son as an example to others.

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by joetem(m): 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
Thatz what happens when we modernize discipline. Few slaps and strokes of cane will restore his sanity in my house.
Failed parents everywhere
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
ovieigho:
...reading the headline and I know it’s cant be in Nigeria because NEPA sef go caution you

grin grin Ayu telinme that Nepa isa bae?

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by stagger: 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
Highly irresponsible parents.

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by NengiFuhrer(m): 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
I am sure he was playing Metal Gear Solid! That game almost made me depressed! undecided
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
sassysure:
Failed parents. He is 17 and still a minor so u as a parent have the right to shut down his computer and trll him to go to bed.
U enabled him.

......even serving him foods in his room. Now tell me, Who does that?

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by abbey621(m): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
We would take food to his room and urged him to stop, but Piyawat just didn't want to cut down on his obsession".

Next time I hear rubbish about 9ja parents being too strict or outdated, I wills end thunder to that person! Seriously this world is turning into a shit show, parents do not be deceived by all these Western culture of spare the rod, whoop the shit out of any wayward child. They'll thank you for it in the future!
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Greatzeus(m): 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
Too much of anything will hurt you... Nas
If he is a Nigerian he would still be alive because NEPA would have interrupted his game lipsrsealed
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by ojraph(m): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
Maraokere:
A video game addict from Thailand died in front of his computer while as he played through the night

The 17-year old boy, identified as Piyawat Harikun from Udon Thani, who was reportedly on holidays, collapsed and died in front of his computer while he played all through the night.

Piyawat's father Jaranwit, said they found him collapsed from the computer chair and was slumped against a PC tower on the floor when they went to the bedroom on Monday afternoon (Oct.5)

He said

"there was a pile of takeaway boxes on the desk and a bottle of fizzy pop at his feet, while his headphones were resting on top of another computer tower.

he would stay up all-night then draw the curtains in the day to continue his fixation with gaming, spending hours on the computer at the home.

We would take food to his room and urged him to stop, but Piyawat just didn't want to cut down on his obsession".

Jaranwit, an air force officer, said he tried to revive his son but he was already dead.

He said: 'I called his name and said 'wake up, wake up' but he did not respond. I could see he was dead.'

Medics who examined the body said the teenager died from a stroke, which they believe was caused by playing the computer constantly through the night.

Jaranwit admitted that his son was a gaming addict, saying:

'My son was smart and always did great at school but he had a major problem with gaming addiction.

'I tried to warn him about his relentless long hours playing games and he promised to reduce it, but it was too late.

'He had already died before he had a chance to change.

'I want my son's death to be an example and warning for parents whose children are game addicts. They need to be more strict on their children's playing hours otherwise they could end up like my son.

Read more on http://irukkanews.com/index.php/2019/11/05/17-year-old-game-addict-dies-after-playing-game-all-through-the-night/
playing video games in long hours is kinda unhealthy my highest gaming time is 3 hrs and am just 16 yrs old and I love playing video games but I don't go beyond my usual 2-3 hrs time cos I know its not good maybe the dude was playing fortnite the game is know ti be additive to kids I heard on time a 7 yr old killed his dad because his dad cut off the wifi for the game to run .so d boy might hav had to many hours of gaming which isn't good go thru body steering at screens for like 18 hrs while drinking fizzy soda and eating junk food at the same time that's just bad
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by tiziano(m): 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
He's KIA(killed in action)
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by ibkonekt(m): 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
let them wait for an autopsy before concluding many thing can cause death
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
So sad
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by jhames010(m): 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
Don't let my mom see this news. Na her new ringtone e go be grin
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
too bad
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by cybriz82(m): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
ovieigho:

Caution u come spoil ur system join with low current..
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by ovieigho(m): 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
cybriz82:

Caution u come spoil ur system join with low current..
grin
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
Too much of Everything is Bad.
RIP Spoilt Child
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by wiseone28: 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
Maybe the bad man in the game he was playing shot him for real angry
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by rinzaugustine: 11:35pm On Nov 05, 2019
Big lesson to parents

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by midnighter(f): 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
Thats not even the main gist...an air force officer is pleading with his son to stop playing games and bringing him takeaway

Maybe they went through some hardship before getting that child so they feel bad saying no to him

I dont see where all the spoiling is coming from. Maybe they should have sent him to his grandparents, if they are still alive

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by millionboi2: 11:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
doctorkush:
trust naija parent. ordinary slap go reset him head...

just word of mouth
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by davillian(m): 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
Eartquake1:
I've played through the night so many times and I've not died undecided

He must be sick or something
Defiantly he is sick
I've done this countless times and I did not die too.
When its not kinect I'm using..
I woke up one morning put my Xbox under the bed for a one month challenge and after that I sold it and since then I did not buy another one...
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Bobby2020: 12:13am On Nov 06, 2019
He died doing what he loved. Someome please hand him a medal!
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by kvngtomi(m): 3:36am On Nov 06, 2019
Mywd:
You see... If we make bad use of these our technology... Den it will do us bad... Who knows whether the game sef has its particular spirit or maybe it is a devilish game

What is dis wan saying, which devil? Instead of you to face the issue, you added spirituality.

Anyways that was a bad parenting from the parents. I trust Nigerian parents, for one month you no go use eyes touch am.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Hydrolic Synthetic Brake/clutch Fluid Cure Eczema / Lagos Lockdown: Ikotun Axis In Pictures During Sit At Home / Kennedy Onoriode Ovabore Dies After A Brief Illness (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.