Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) (59609 Views)

Young Lady Dies After Smoking ‘Colos’ In Anambra (Photos) / 17-year-old Boy Dies In Ondo After Smoking ‘colorado’ / Former Drug Addict Shows Off Transformation After Quitting Drugs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by deltateam: 5:17am On Nov 06, 2019
sassysure:
Failed parents. He is 17 and still a minor so u as a parent have the right to shut down his computer and trll him to go to bed.
U enabled him.

Even American parents would do better by grounding him!
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by LabDNA: 5:24am On Nov 06, 2019
Gaming...I would have turned out a failure today if my dad didn't smash my PS2 game console in 2003. I was ready to play for days at a stretch without eating or bathing.

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by beautyhound(m): 6:32am On Nov 06, 2019
ceeroh:
Which game did I not play overnight?

PES
Football Manager (This one is crazily addictive)

We're still alive. grin

Football manager eehn... Dt game mad!!!
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by beautyhound(m): 6:33am On Nov 06, 2019
tunary:
being addicted to a computer cannot kill. it must have been a health problem

Ignorance... Cos nepa nd mtn data stream dey caution u

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by beautyhound(m): 6:34am On Nov 06, 2019
[/quote][quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=83771895]he may have died from a lot of things. but video gaming is NOT one of them.

his useless parent should have REMOVED his gaming from the room...simple as that!

Ignorance... Read more especially wen u r not a healthcare giver

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by beautyhound(m): 6:35am On Nov 06, 2019
Danobb:
I think d death is coincide with playing game...becos I know lot of guys bck in my sch that play game 24 hrs a day non-stop...hmm RIP to d death

Read more... Ignorance kills faster
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by tck2000(m): 6:45am On Nov 06, 2019
Eartquake1:
I've played through the night so many times and I've not died undecided

He must be sick or something
I'm surprise oh...I have stayed awake lot of times throughout the night yet i didn't die.He must be suffering from something else...
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Brushless: 7:00am On Nov 06, 2019
Mywd:
You see... If we make bad use of these our technology... Den it will do us bad... Who knows whether the game sef has its particular spirit or maybe it is a devilish game
If you''ve ever played Computer Game, you will know it has its own adherence. Once a child is left alone with his own Computer to be playing without control, it gets into the body system. when you have a mistake you continue playing it until you attain perfection, thereby thinking less of any other things but the game. There are some boys who could play a game blindfolded, this type once they have complete authority to a Computer Game never looks back dusk to dawn.
a ga
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Truthbites: 7:08am On Nov 06, 2019
Eartquake1:

If u didn't die doesn't mean it cant kill. These things with brain work saps u. That's why u can collapse if u do brainwork (study or read excessively) without food.

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Truthbites: 7:10am On Nov 06, 2019
tck2000:
I'm surprise oh...I have stayed awake lot of times throughout the night yet i didn't die.He must be suffering from something else...

He didn't eat, so there wasn't supply of sugar to the brain . And he collapsed.
He's not suffering from anything trust me. He over estimated his strength

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by tck2000(m): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2019
Truthbites:

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by tck2000(m): 7:15am On Nov 06, 2019
Truthbites:

Neither do i eat!
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by shogsman(m): 7:25am On Nov 06, 2019
Was going down this part before my mum slaps reset by brain.you sure he isn’t suffering from anything else,cos I don play game for 19hours back to back before and I no die.
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Rodeoz(m): 7:47am On Nov 06, 2019
Brother, I deleted the game when my total game hours was more than 365days(I was dumbfounded when I discovered like, for real, I wasted a whole productive year on game?). I started playing in 2015 and I deleted it in 2018. Madly madly addictive Brother.

Football Manager is crazily and madly addictive.
I love it like mad. I miss it already.
Are you thinking what I’m thinking? grin

ceeroh:
Which game did I not play overnight?

PES
Football Manager (This one is crazily addictive)

We're still alive. grin

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 06, 2019
I've played through the night but I'm still alive it's not game something was wrong with him but he neglected it
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 06, 2019
What you love has the ability to kill you.
Choose your poison wisely.

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Herbizard33(m): 8:59am On Nov 06, 2019
Too much of something is really Bad, so we gat to learn from this...... Rest in Perfect Peace.
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Eaztzide: 9:10am On Nov 06, 2019
K.I.A
Killed In Action .
RIP
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 06, 2019
deltateam:

Even American parents would do better by grounding him!

Thank u! kiss
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Psoul(m): 9:16am On Nov 06, 2019
The evil spirits in the game woke up in the middle of the night and killed the boy for not allowing them to rest even in the middle of the night.
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by ylaa(f): 9:47am On Nov 06, 2019
Is this a refurbish story? I read this same story many years ago. Now again. Issorite. Proudly NL
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Capriconaziz(m): 10:51am On Nov 06, 2019
This tragedy could have been avoided if only PHCN did their job by seizing light. I no kuku sabi play d video game sef. RIP boy.
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by genii96(m): 10:58am On Nov 06, 2019
shogsman:
Was going down this part before my mum slaps reset by brain.you sure he isn’t suffering from anything else,cos I don play game for 19hours back to back before and I no die.

Did you do it every night on a constant basis? People dying from game addictions have been documented
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by shogsman(m): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2019
genii96:

Did you do it every night on a constant basis? People dying from game addictions have been documented
Mine was pretty serious too,I game at least 10hours everyday cos we always have generator on.
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by XaintJoel20: 11:39am On Nov 06, 2019
Omonigho51:
trust my mom she will become engineer, she will just carry one part of computer once is 9pm.

Omonigho: Child is of more value than money.

I guess your mom must be an Esan woman.
They can be very strict in raising their children...
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by xamuell: 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
midnighter:
It seems like they were scared of their own child

What was stopping them from taking that console and smashing it to pieces...

Mtchew....
Ouch! Quite harsh. Other measures could be taken. Can you smash your tv just because your child is addicted to it? Violence does not solve anything(without consequences)
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
Rodeoz:

Brother, I deleted the game when my total game hours was more than 365days(I was dumbfounded when I discovered like, for real, I wasted a whole productive year on game?). I started playing in 2015 and I deleted it in 2018. Madly madly addictive Brother.

Football Manager is crazily and madly addictive.
I love it like mad. I miss it already.
Are you thinking what I’m thinking? grin

I got so addicted to the extent that I was already seeing the future of football clubs.
I wished those clubs would sign me as their scout so I can tell them who to buy and who not to. grin
And as for what you're thinking..... Never! Ain't gonna play that sh*t again. grin

I once played this sh*t for an entire weekend.. Friday evening to Sunday night. Na dat Sunday night I con dey wash clothes wey I go wear go school that week. It was that bad!

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Okikaneseokwu: 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2019
A Nigerian can never die this way naa.Where u see electricity to carry u for that long grin grin
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Truthbites: 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2019
tck2000:
Neither do i eat!

Lol!! So every body must be same? Na wa o.. ebola sef kills.. but some people still survived it. So I don't get ur point

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by midnighter(f): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2019
xamuell:
Ouch! Quite harsh. Other measures could be taken. Can you smash your tv just because your child is addicted to it? Violence does not solve anything(without consequences)

Yes, other measures could be taken but since this was a matter of life and death, the violence can be excused for now.
Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by Maraokere: 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2019
Eartquake1:

there are more to health than u can imagine

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) by darlenese(f): 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2019
sassysure:
Failed parents. He is 17 and still a minor so u as a parent have the right to shut down his computer and trll him to go to bed.
U enabled him.

they are not Africans .
you cant try this nonsense with Nigerian parents jor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

External Hordeleum (Chalazion): Do You Know Anything This Please? (Photo) / Lagos Lockdown: Ikotun Axis In Pictures During Sit At Home / Kennedy Onoriode Ovabore Dies After A Brief Illness (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.