Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It (77567 Views)

Youngest Face Transplant In The U.S History (Graphic Photos) / Man Who Tried To Kill Himself With A Shot To The Chin Receives Face Transplant / Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by madridguy(m): 9:56am On Nov 06, 2019
Ameen.... Yes i mean it.

Tobastephens:
God go help you achieve your dream. That's if u really mean it.
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by PierreAbutu(m): 9:56am On Nov 06, 2019
Explorers:
A California man has become the first African American to receive a face transplant after waiting six years to find skin that matched his own.

Robert Chelsea told Time that he turned down the first face that doctors found for him in 2018 because the donor was fairer than him and he didn't want to become a 'totally different looking person.'

At long last, Chelsea got a new face in July in 2019.

In August, 2013, Chelsea was waiting for his overheated car to cool down on the side of a Los Angeles freeway in when a drunk driver swerved into the left-hand shoulder where Chelsea was sitting in his vehicle.

Chelsea's car was instantly engulfed in flames.

AND ONE BASTARD NORTHERN GOVERNOR IS THINKING OF MAKING quranic recitation and memorization a subject in primary and secondary schools angry

About half of his body was covered in third-degree burn.

Chelsea pictured with daughter before the accident and after.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7610017/amp/California-father-black-man-face-transplant.html
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by PierreAbutu(m): 9:57am On Nov 06, 2019
Explorers:
A California man has become the first African American to receive a face transplant after waiting six years to find skin that matched his own.

Robert Chelsea told Time that he turned down the first face that doctors found for him in 2018 because the donor was fairer than him and he didn't want to become a 'totally different looking person.'

At long last, Chelsea got a new face in July in 2019.

In August, 2013, Chelsea was waiting for his overheated car to cool down on the side of a Los Angeles freeway in when a drunk driver swerved into the left-hand shoulder where Chelsea was sitting in his vehicle.

Chelsea's car was instantly engulfed in flames.

About half of his body was covered in third-degree burn.

Chelsea pictured with daughter before the accident and after.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7610017/amp/California-father-black-man-face-transplant.html

AND ONE BASTARD NORTHERN GOVERNOR IS THINKING OF MAKING quranic recitation and memorization a subject in primary and secondary schools angry

1 Like

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by WriterX(m): 10:06am On Nov 06, 2019
efembaba:
Boy this looks like science fiction... The man is a new man

if you think this is science fiction you should go online and read about a boy whose head was ripped out from his body leaving it attached to the spinal cord only, guess what a doctor reattached it back

1 Like

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Treasure17(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2019
CaptainMitch:
You got a second chance to get them girls, use it wisely.
Lol At what age??
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by sellers4buyers(m): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2019
realstars:
If God had given man power to create humans as God did, I believe, they could make something a little good.
But man is man, and God is the creator, and man can never be God.
It's possible, it will just take us few more decades to figure it all out.
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by dazzlingd(m): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2019
This is a miracle that can never happen in church only through science
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by flex04(m): 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2019
Greyworld:
should I say I'm amazed?
How ever what happened to the donor? is he now faceless?

Some white die donating virtually every organ they've got, it here in Africa that it takes so long to find a donor because every one wants to be alive and after death want to remain intact undecided undecided, I know of o nurse who died this year in the U.S donating her organs.
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by flex04(m): 12:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
post=83773062:

He's actually BORN AGAIN!

Tilapia skin you say?!
That sounds gross!
What does she looks like after the surgery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvFghizDWj4

Boy to girl... Boy spirit was intact grin grin
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by flex04(m): 12:32pm On Nov 06, 2019
sellers4buyers:

It's possible, it will just take us few more decades to figure it all out.

The only option science have is medical engineering tongue
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by efembaba(m): 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
WriterX:

if you think this is science fiction you should go online and read about a boy whose head was ripped out from his body leaving it attached to the spinal cord only, guess what a doctor reattached it back
I didn't believe this until I watched d video.. Mehnn.
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Babacele: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
vivaciousvivi:

He is late. The dying sometimes sign papers that gives hospitals and their families the authorizations to donate their body parts, tissues and organs to others. That's why we have heart and kidney transplant waiting list etc. Chelsea was on the waiting list for 6yrs before it got to his turn. There is a fair amount of legal, medical (blood work, tissue acceptance test etc) approvals that take place with very few donors and unfortunately; far too many recipients.
you see why i'm your no 1 fan.......how u dey?

1 Like

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by WriterX(m): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
efembaba:
I didn't believe this until I watched d video.. Mehnn.

I recently read of the woman who had a rocket launched grenade In her face, the doctors put their life at risk just to get the live grenade out of her chin without shaking the grenade ,they did that operation under the sun, see I can say it's all God but I have to give a part of that credit to the brave men and women out there risking their lives to help others, it's not easy, they're the true heroes and heroines

2 Likes

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
Babacele:
you see why i'm your no 1 fan.......how u dey?
I am well friend.
What have I missed?
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by CloudResident(m): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
selemo:
Like Tinubu

But you bahd sha grin
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Babacele: 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
vivaciousvivi:

I am well friend.
What have I missed?
atleast you have missed me missing you....life has been fair to me.

1 Like

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2019
Babacele:
atleast you have missed me missing you....life has been fair to me.
cheesy Thanks for the shout out

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life / Help I Can't Have Erection Anymore. / 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Totalling 111 Confirmed Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.