Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,658 members, 7,837,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? (4176 Views)

See REAL REASONS Why Women Deny Their Husbands Sex. / Why Do Some Women Deny Their Husband Sex After Marriage? / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by bdchange(m): 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
midnighter:

Yes, that's right. A practising Christian man has no business with polygamy.

We can hope that the person has some kind of Christian conscience, but I was just pointing out that he is not bound by law to indulge it.

So like you named it, the "Christian man's problem" actually has a solution and a wife would be foolish to totally discount it when it's a distinct possibility.
The Christians of today are the most hypocritical set of human being on this earth. We can easily quote the bible when he suits us but won't obey the word of God when we have selfish interest from our exploits. You see a Christian condemning polygamy but he is soft when it comes to fornication and adultery. When I see them dancing in church like Angels and you know some of them to be devil's incarnate. I am even getting tired of that place called Church because the teachings every Sundays is not making any positive impact in people's lives that I can see or verify. People are only getting more wicked. If you know otherwise please let me know.
Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
To punish him. Either for being beta (nice, agreeable and servile) or for not giving her what she wants materially. If he has her respect and is fulfilling her material dreams, she will have sex with him whether she's sick, in pain or in the middle of the latest episode of her best Telemundo soap or a phone call with her mother.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
midnighter:

I don't have any except "one man, one wife". Do you have any that support it?
Well, that passage you infer, the subject under discussion is divorce as there was incessant divorce of wives then by just issuing divorce certificate. Jesus now said, except for infidelity, a man should not divorce... And said what God joined together let no man put asunder..

But he NEVER said ONE.MAN ONE WIFE.

I see polygamy as a traditional institution and not a Christian one.
Polygamy is subject to ones traditional practice and choice and it started since the days of Adam's grandson.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by bdchange(m): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

The law has been fulfilled, nailed on the cross and done with. Even while it persist, it only applies to Israel, biological descendant's of Abraham. It never applies to you or me or a Briton. It was their own tradition and a shadow of the new covenant

However, the new covenant does not forbid us from keeping customs and traditions of our fathers BUT only forbids us from doing what doesn't glorify God (worshiping idol is one). As an Ijaw man, my tradition permits me to Marry multiple wives...

And even Jesus gave a parable of a groom that was to marry 10 brides... Shouldn't that mean polygamy isn't forbidden? Does that ring a bell?
Yes I can relate. Though you will agree with me that so many things is wrong with our customs and traditions that needs amendments. Though it was used by our forefathers does not mean we continue in it if it has no positive impacts in the modern society today. I don't buy into polygamy personally because I have no usefulness for it. I can't comprehend marrying multiple wives where I can get what I am looking for in one woman. Moreover I don't believe you can ever balance two women equally in their treatment except you are Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by midnighter(f): 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
cococandy:

So who’s making up these facts? What’s tradition? Something written in stone and can’t be undone?

No I’m not talking about kicking against it or threatening divorce like a powerless person who can’t decide what their life should be like. I’m talking about actually divorcing the MF. He can have an ex wife and new wife and another ex wife and a new wife until he finds the one who thinks she’s only worth half a man and will take half of him.But he can’t have both.

If women all respected themselves enough to be that way, tell me who will uphold the tradition that allows it.

That’s why they go to lengths to vilify divorced and single women. Such that women internalize such defenselessness and will stay married under such disgusting conditions telling themselves it’s the tradition. Tradition is how people do things and you’re a person who can decide you won’t do it in any way you don’t like.

As for withholding sex if he’s within his rights to go for another woman because all other methods of remediation have failed , so is his woman. I don’t encourage anyone to withhold sex so I feel like that part of your post has nothing to do with me.

But guess what, the men won’t share their wives willingly. It’s up to you to decide if men have more respect for themselves than you women have for yourselves.

Yes, tradition is subject to change but I was just pointing out that as of this moment in time, a man is free under customary law to marry another wife without being divorced from the first one.

If an individual decides that that arrangement is not suitable for her she is equally free to leave. But that doesn't stop the practice from being perfectly legal.

Internalizing defencelessness is not the point, in fact your entire post is going off the point.

I asked you what your argument is with a man going for another wife, not woman, on the sole grounds of being deprived of sex for no good reason.

That's the the post that you quoted me on and now you're saying that it has nothing to do with you. So why quote me if its nothing to do with you?

Whether you think it should be the case or not is not the point. The point is that it's a possibility at this moment in time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by Atiinga: 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
cococandy:

So much trash in one post. Where does one begin?

[s]Nobody is stopping you from marrying a weakling![/s]

If you left your car open with the keys in the ignition, and a car thief made away with it.
Who would you blame?

Would it be different, if the car was fully secured? Would a well-secured vehicle be as easy to steal as an unsecured vehicle?
Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by mysticwarrior(m): 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
Godmother:
Lemme give you reasons why a woman might deny her husband sex:

1. If her heart is angry/bitter with him. We women are not like men and sex is deeper with us. A woman that is angry with you will find it hard to be intimate with you.

2. If she is sick. Abeg, you cannot want to do when I'm feeling sick naa angry

3. If she's tired or heavily burned (like one of the kids being sick or something).

4. If she's not really into you sexually. Shell just be managing to be intimate sometimes.

There....can't think of any other reason why a woman WL deny her husband, but I stand corrected.
when man has lost his job and could no longer take financial responsibility of the family, this is another major cause.
Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by Prognose: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
RisenPhoenix:
To punish him. Either for being beta (nice, agreeable and servile) or for not giving her what she wants materially. If he has her respect and is fulfilling her material dreams, she will have sex with him whether she's sick, in pain or in the middle of the latest episode of her best Telemundo soap or a phone call with her mother.

I like the way u said "material dreams"

1 Like

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by midnighter(f): 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Well, that passage you infer, the subject under discussion is divorce as there was incessant divorce of wives then by just issuing divorce certificate. Jesus now said, except for infidelity, a man should not divorce... And said what God joined together let no man put asunder..

But he NEVER said ONE.MAN ONE WIFE.

Polygamy is subject to ones traditional practice and choice and it started since the days of Adam's grandson.

I do not have a issue with acknowledging the reality of cultural practices but at the same time, you should try to be sincere.

1 Timothy 3:2

Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife

You mentioned Adam; how many wives were brought out of his rib?

Why is Christs relationship with the church described using the analogy of a husband and wife? How many churches are there?

Will any Christian church on the planet agree to marry a second wife for you at the altar of God?

Even though the Bible does give instances of polygamous marriage, does it support it or just explain that they happened?

What was the outcome for those polygamous marriages on the person and their family? Were they positive or negative?

I stand by my comment; a practising Christian has no business with polygamy even though that avenue is open to him.

By the way, how did you know what passage I was referring to if that's not exactly what Jesus meant If a man becomes "one flesh" with his wife, how can he then become another flesh again with another woman?
Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by midnighter(f): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
bdchange:

The Christians of today are the most hypocritical set of human being on this earth. We can easily quote the bible when he suits us but won't obey the word of God when we have selfish interest from our exploits. You see a Christian condemning polygamy but he is soft when it comes to fornication and adultery. When I see them dancing in church like Angels and you know some of them to be devil's incarnate. I am even getting tired of that place called Church because the teachings every Sundays is not making any positive impact in people's lives that I can see or verify. People are only getting more wicked. If you know otherwise please let me know.

What you're saying doesn't make any sense; nobody here is advocating for adultery at the expense of polygamy.

A Christian man should not be polygamous. A Christian man should not be adulterous.

If they have understood those facts, whatever they do in their spare time is their own problem.
Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
midnighter:

I do not have a issue with acknowledging the reality of cultural practices but at the same time, you should try to be sincere.

1 Timothy 3:2
Not everyone desire to be Bishop or deacon

You mentioned Adam; how many wives were brought out of his rib?
And same God permitted Moses, Abraham etc to be polygamous!

Why is Christs relationship with the church described using the analogy of a husband and wife? How many churches are there?
The Church and. Christ is one family, likewise a man and his many wives. If Christ were to be monogamous then he will only marry 1 believer

Will any Christian church on the planet agree to marry a second wife for you at the altar of God?
The altar of God is in your heart not a physical building. Religious organisation aren't the Holy Spirit!

Even though the Bible does give instances of polygamous marriage, does it support it or just explain that they happened?
YES! 100%! Even Jesus talked about a groom getting married to 10 virgins (bride)

What was the outcome for those polygamous marriages on the person and their family? Were they positive or negative?
Moses had a PERFECT home... Family depends on how a man handles home affairs... Monogamous or Polygamous irrespective

I stand by my comment; a practising Christian has no business with polygamy even though that avenue is open to him.
You are entitled to your opinion but it can't change scriptural position.

By the way, how did you know what passage I was referring to if that's not exactly what Jesus meant If a man becomes "one flesh" with his wife, how can he then become another flesh again with another woman?
I know because I am a Bible student, a believer that only follow scriptural injunction

1 Like

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
midnighter:

What you're saying doesn't make any sense; nobody here is advocating for adultery at the expense of polygamy.

A Christian man should not be polygamous. A Christian man should not be adulterous.

If they have understood those facts, whatever they do in their spare time is their own problem.
Passage?

1 Like

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by midnighter(f): 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Not everyone desire to be Bishop or deacon

And same God permitted Moses, Abraham etc to be polygamous!

The Church and. Christ is one family, likewise a man and his many wives. If Christ were to be monogamous then he will only marry 1 believer

The altar of God is in your heart not a physical building. Religious organisation aren't the Holy Spirit!

YES! 100%! Even Jesus talked about a groom getting married to 10 virgins (bride)

Moses had a PERFECT home... Family depends on how a man handles home affairs... Monogamous or Polygamous irrespective

You are entitled to your opinion but it can't change scriptural position.

I know because I am a Bible student, a believer that only follow scriptural injunction

Like I said, cultural practices are cultural practices and our society recognises them just as God recognised them at various points in the Bible; that doesn't mean that they are necessarily supported or encouraged by Christianity, it just means that some entities choose to acknowledge the fact that some people would like to go down that route.

The first and perfect partnership between Adam and Eve that was ordained by God was not polygamous.

You're accusing me of changing scriptural position when you haven't even checked the ones you're calling. The parable of the 10 Virgins was not about some guy coming back to marry 10 women but about the women in a bridal party waiting for the groom. The bride was not even involved in the story!

The relationship is between Christ and the church yet you now want to split it into Christ and his individual followers which has nothing to do with that particular passage. Who is changing what here

There are plenty of examples in the Bible of when polygamy led to at best distraction and at worst strife. The Bible is supposed to be a realistic guide for life which is why those stories are included, so that we can see the imperfections of the people in there and avoid making the same mistakes in our own lives.

You can see that you couldn't answer the question on whether a church would marry two people into a polygamous partnership, that should Tell you that such marriages are not justified in Christianity even though the Bible recognises that they take place.

You are right that how somebody handles their home is the deciding factor, polygamous or not but Christianity is all about following the path that will set you up best for the future, and polygamy doesn't!

No need to keep twisting Bible into what you think will justify your actions, if it's what you want you go ahead and do it and be content with the consequences.

And by the way you should make a distinction between what was ordained by God in the Old Testament, what was tolerated by God in the Old Testament and what was corrected and reordered by Jesus in the new one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by midnighter(f): 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Not trying to patronise you but a wife with mentality like yours would not be hurt by a wise husband. Only a foolish man will have a wife that plays her role and would still think of getting a second wife.

My Dad's former boss is a Muslim wealthy man, and one time senior government official. This man, though a Muslim, refused to take second wife. He told his staff and subordinates that his reason is simply that all he desires in a woman js found in his wife. Even after his wife kicked the bucket, he has refused to remarry.

Sometimes when we advice woman to submit themselves to their husbands, many angry and bitter feminists misinterpret our position to enslavement. It is a fact that submissive women are happier wives, while "feministic" married women have terrible relationship, broken marriages and contentious home.

One sure fact is that the submissive wives are most times are the REAL power in the home. Even mothers at home act soft towards obedient child than a child that challenges their authority. God Almighty respond to people that recognises His Supreme Authority more than those that questions him.

No, its not patronising and thank you for the compliment.

To be honest, I was approaching the topic from a logical viewpoint and not one with any other influence.

Its a statement of fact that a man can marry another wife but not vice versa and its another statement of fact that this often happens because the man is not sexually satisfied.

I have also been on the receiving end of some funny comments for advising somebody to submit not because I want them to be enslaved but because in the situation, its just the logical thing to do. I think people sometimes get caught up in lofty ideas without considering the situation of the person they are advising.

You dont always need to fight and quote human rights charter to get what you want. Though there is a place to stand up for yourself, I dont think it should be done anyhow; at least you can assert yourself with wisdom and not just fighting indiscriminately because you dont want the guy to think you are a fool. At least you can be a fool temporarily if you know what youre aiming to achieve with it.

For me o, I cant advise somebody to go on sex strike with their husband for no good reason unless Im trying to scatter the marriage so thats where my own answer was coming from.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
midnighter:

Like I said, cultural practices are cultural practices and our society recognises them just as God recognised them at various points in the Bible; that doesn't mean that they are necessarily supported or encouraged by Christianity, it just means that some entities choose to acknowledge the fact that some people would like to go down that route.

The first and perfect partnership between Adam and Eve that was ordained by God was not polygamous.

You're accusing me of changing scriptural position when you haven't even checked the ones you're calling. The parable of the 10 Virgins was not about some guy coming back to marry 10 women but about the women in a bridal party waiting for the groom. The bride was not even involved in the story!

The relationship is between Christ and the church yet you now want to split it into Christ and his individual followers which has nothing to do with that particular passage. Who is changing what here

There are plenty of examples in the Bible of when polygamy led to at best distraction and at worst strife. The Bible is supposed to be a realistic guide for life which is why those stories are included, so that we can see the imperfections of the people in there and avoid making the same mistakes in our own lives.

You can see that you couldn't answer the question on whether a church would marry two people into a polygamous partnership, that should Tell you that such marriages are not justified in Christianity even though the Bible recognises that they take place.

You are right that how somebody handles their home is the deciding factor, polygamous or not but Christianity is all about following the path that will set you up best for the future, and polygamy doesn't!

No need to keep twisting Bible into what you think will justify your actions, if it's what you want you go ahead and do it and be content with the consequences.

And by the way you should make a distinction between what was ordained by God in the Old Testament, what was tolerated by God in the Old Testament and what was corrected and reordered by Jesus in the new one.
Too many talk my Dear sister...

God's "perfect" will is that people be fruitful, multiply and replenish the earth. That is why he instituted marriage! It doesn't matter whether 1, 2 or 500 wives.

However, whether a man chooses to marry or not it doesn't make the man less a believer. In fact, Apostle Paul's personal opinion is for men to stay unmarried.

As for the parable of 10 virgins (brides), I laugh! All Jesus' parables he used objects that his audience could relate with. The 10 virgins parable shows that Christ didn't see polygamy as an aberration. Otherwise, he would have addressed it!

As for the "Church", I think you have to know that the "Church" is not a building or religuous organisation like RCCG, Dunamis, Catholic metal. The Church is congregation of ALL believers. The believers are the BRIDES and Jesus the groom. We are all brides of Christ and we must be prepared for the "marriage supper of the Lamb" because the hour no one knows. The unprepared are the "five foolish virgins" while the prepared are the "five wise virgins".

Do NOTE that Jesus audience were polygamous people so they understood his position.

My whole point is that God permits man to carry on with his traditional system as long as it doesn't negates his commandments.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by midnighter(f): 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

God's "perfect" will is that people be fruitful, multiply and replenish the earth. That is why he instituted marriage! It doesn't matter whether 1, 2 or 500 wives.

However, whether a man chooses to marry or not it doesn't make the man less a believer. In fact, Apostle Paul's personal opinion is for men to stay unmarried.

As for the parable of 10 virgins (brides), I laugh! All Jesus' parables he used objects that his audience could relate with. The 10 virgins parable shows that Christ didn't see polygamy as an aberration. Otherwise, he would have addressed it!

As for the "Church", I think you have to know that the "Church" is not a building or religuous organisation like RCCG, Dunamis, Catholic metal. The Church is congregation of ALL believers. The believers are the BRIDES and Jesus the groom. We are all brides of Christ and we must be prepared for the "marriage supper of the Lamb" because the hour no one knows. The unprepared are the "five foolish virgins" while the prepared are the "five wise virgins".

Do NOTE that Jesus audience were polygamous people so they understood his position.

My whole point is that God permits man to carry on with his traditional system as long as it doesn't negates his commandments.

Lol, you wrote as much as I did but because I dont agree with you, its "too many talk".

You are just trying to twist the scriptures to suit your purpose when in reality there is no need for that. Just do your polygamy in good faith and accept whatever comes out of it. Its not possible that God cares about every aspect of your life but suddenly doesnt care how many wives you have.

You can go and check what the parable of the 10 virgins was talking about. It has nothing to do with polygamy. Where in ancient Jewish culture does a man marry 10 women at once? You need to confirm the Roman and Jewish stance on polygamy at the time Jesus was speaking.

The metaphor of Christ and the church was about Jesus and the church body and not individual Christians, so stop manipulating scripture.

St Paul clearly stated that a man was to have one wife. It doesnt matter if it was addressed to elders. What applied to the elders must have applied to everybody else or does it mean that St Paul also permitted Christians in non-leadership roles to do whatever they felt like

If you want to have a discussion then have it; dont keep twisting and writing off my points without any evidence and dont make things up to console yourself because nobody is an illiterate here.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by crackhaus: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
midnighter:

Youre talking about "soft targets" rather than objective facts. We may not like it, we may not be comfortable with it, we may not accept it, yet its still permitted by tradition so its possible on first principles.

The one youre talking about is saying no, kicking against it, threatening divorce, calling family meeting and other things that you do to make your displeasure known. All of that may work, somewhere down the line.

But in the first place the point is that if youre not sleeping with the guy and you dont have a good reason (health, tiredness, temporary reaction for a perceived grievance) then if he comes up with another wife (not girlfriend o) as a solution, whats your argument against it?
shockedshocked

No fvcking way... You are definitely male grin
Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by midnighter(f): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
crackhaus:

shockedshocked

No fvcking way... You are definitely male grin

Lol, and you must definitely be female.... sad in fact all of us are lying cheesy
Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by bukatyne(f): 12:07am On Dec 29, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

She you know the church is 'one body'?

1 Like

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by crackhaus: 4:22am On Dec 29, 2019
midnighter:

Lol, and you must definitely be female.... sad in fact all of us are lying cheesy
cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Would Some “wives” Deny Their “husbands” Sex? by Prognose: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2019
YourCoffin:

So you are saying 90% of women don't enjoy sex as soon as they get married because 90% of married men complain about the same issue?
Hahahaha

Your response didn't tally with my answer at alll grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Heard Of "the Obedient Wife Club'? / My Corp Member Niece Gave Her Brand new Car As Seed Of Faith In Her Church / 5 Months Old Child Discovered In A Thrash Can In Owerri (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.