Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] (1779 Views)

What Was The Crazy Thing You Did After Breakup? / Lady Says Her Boyfriend Is Stingy For Giving Her N15k To Celebrate Her Birthday / A FRIEND Introduced Me To This Naughty Thing [Picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2019
Back then, when we were growing up in the village, almost all the male kids in the community were smart in technical work.

When a radio repairer is repairing radio, we'll gather and watch. When a man is barbing hair in his shop, we'll watch.

When NEPA people come to repair light or change transformer, we'll follow them bumper to bumper even though they usually chase us away, but we kept going back.

So many crazy things happened as a kid. We were focused, stubborn troublesome, crazy, curious, and determined.

Today, all those things have really paid off. All the years I spent abroad studying, no one has ever barbed my hair — I bought a clipper and barbed myself.

Why? Because I had learned how to do it from childhood, in the village, by watching and all these foreign barbers weren't good with African hairstyles. Also, their clippers were too small, unlike the rugged Choba clippers Nigerians use.

With all these, I can fix light, repair TV, radio, laptop, generator, car, bike, bicycle, and any electronic at all. When your child is learning technical things, don't force him to stop and go read books — allow him learn the skill.

Kids learn faster. He'll still read books, but allow him to learn the skill first now that his brain is open and ready to absorb skills.

So, some days ago, this month, I sent someone to go repair a laptop for me, but he called and said the engineer said it's 1500 to open the laptop. I laughed and said, "Bring it back — use 500 from me money and buy me bole 200 and fish 300."

He did as instructed. I opened and fixed the laptop, then finished the bole and still have 1k change.

Now, here is my question: Am I stingy?

Four things to learn

1. Getting the laptop back gave me an opportunity to open and fix it.
2. Fixing the laptop gave me a story to tell. Humans love listening to stories.
3. The story could be turned to a book on how to repair a laptop/computer.
4. Money from the book can be used to buy as many laptops as I want.

So, here is the question again. Did I make a stingy move or a smart move?

3 Likes

Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:37am On Nov 06, 2019
Those of you who didn't have the opportunity to grow up in the village, you really missed. Village is where legends are born.

1 Like

Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2019

1 Like

Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by adeboi1: 10:58am On Nov 06, 2019
iLegendd:

Smart one .

1 Like

Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:03am On Nov 06, 2019
Talking about books, if you aren't writing books, know you're missing. Yesterday, I made more than 40k from just one book.

Today, before 5:00 AM, I have made 8k. Before the day ends, who knows? Every single day on earth, I make money from books while doing nothing. At the end of the month, I smile to the bank.

Do you want to get started? Use Google and YouTube and you'll get all the info you need for free. I'm only here to inspire, not to teach.

1 Like

Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by AyamDani(m): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2019
That was a smart move, at least bole was involved at the end. As you also said, you can write a book off that experience and then make money off that book to buy other laptops too. So boss that was a SMART move!
Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by Dollywood(m): 11:06am On Nov 06, 2019
Drop your WhatsApp contact
Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:22am On Nov 06, 2019
Dollywood:
Drop your WhatsApp contact

You're welcome, dear.

Sadly, I keep my interaction only on Nairaland front end. No PMs, no contacts. I'm a little strict nowadays, unlike before. Abuse of privilege is the cause.

Two Ways I Operate Now

1. Free: Ask any question you have on any of my threads and I'll reply in due time for free.

2. Paid: Anything private, I charge money.

Reason: When you want to get info from me in private, you deprive other people from having access to the reply I'll give you and that way, you deprive them from that knowledge at the expense of your time and my time. I see private info as greed, so I had to add a price tag to it.

So, there are only two options, but sadly, option 2 is unavailable for now. You are only left with option 1.

2 Likes

Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by Macgyver1: 11:24am On Nov 06, 2019
iLegendd:
Talking about books, if you aren't writing books, know you're missing. Yesterday, I made more than 40k from just one book.

Today, before 5:00 AM, I have made 8k. Before the day ends, who knows? Every single day on earth, I make money from books while doing nothing. At the end of the month, I smile to the bank.

Do you want to get started? Use Google and YouTube and you'll get all the info you need for free. I'm only here to inspire, not to teach.

Which mobile app do use in checking book report?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2019
Macgyver1:

Which mobile app do use in checking book report?

You don't need an app. You can use Kdpreport from your dashboard.
Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by Macgyver1: 11:27am On Nov 06, 2019
iLegendd:

You don't need an app. You can use Kdpreport.

I know, I asked cuz ur screenshot looked different from the web version.
Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2019
Macgyver1:

I know, I asked cuz ur screenshot looked different from the web version.

https://app.getbookreport.com

You must sync with your computer browser first, then use your phone's browser and login the app again with your KDP details.

1 Like

Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by Macgyver1: 11:34am On Nov 06, 2019
iLegendd:

https://app.getbookreport.com

You must sync with your computer browser first, then use your phone's browser and login the app again with your KDP details.

Thanks
Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by chizzypresh(f): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2019
Smart move dear....Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Macgyver1:

Thanks
You're welcome.
Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
chizzypresh:
Smart move dear....Keep it up

You're not welcomed.
Re: So, Am I Stingy for Doing This Crazy Thing? [Picture] by chizzypresh(f): 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
iLegendd:

You're not welcomed.

What is that nah undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

I Have An Idea, Let Love Rule Our Hearts / Naira Rain Scammed Me / According To Your Ex, What Is Wrong With You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.